|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through At the Western Palace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the villagers curse Maxine's aunt's home?
(a) They want to avenge her husband.
(b) They are afraid her infidelity harmed them.
(c) She cursed her neighbor's child.
(d) She stole food from them.
2. What character does "No Name Woman" most likely refer to?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The narrator's mother.
(c) The narrator's aunt.
(d) The narrator's grandmother.
3. How is Moon Orchid's daughter's husband described?
(a) As unintelligent.
(b) As a tyrant.
(c) As a loving husband.
(d) As timid.
4. What does the rock candy Brave Orchid gives to the children meant to symbolize?
(a) A sweet beginning.
(b) A change in beliefs.
(c) A difficult task ahead.
(d) A new taste.
5. Where is Moon Orchid finally happy living?
(a) In her daughter's house.
(b) In Brave Orchid's house.
(c) In her own apartment.
(d) In a mental asylum.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does the woman hide from battle?
2. Which of these ideas is not introduced in "No Name Woman"?
3. What is the woman distracted by that leads to her capture?
4. Whose ghost haunts Maxine?
5. What group terrorizes Maxine's family in China?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)