|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shaman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In No Name Woman, which character dies?
(a) The narrator's aunt.
(b) The narrator's mother.
(c) The narrator's father.
(d) The narrator's uncle.
2. For how many years is Maxine's mother at medical school?
3. Why does Maxine add a word to boys' names?
(a) It is part of the Chinese culture.
(b) She feels it shows sisterly affection.
(c) It is a sign of romantic affection.
(d) She does not have any brothers of her own.
4. Why do the young woman's parents carve words into her back upon her return?
(a) To teach her a lesson.
(b) For revenge.
(c) To show her age.
(d) For good luck.
5. How many girl children were in Maxine's aunt's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is a possibility Maxine considers to explain her aunt's pregnancy?
2. For what reason does the woman hide from battle?
3. Who does the girl see as her future husband in the water gourd?
4. For how many years does Maxine's mother not reach her husband?
5. What do the people she meets show the girl to convince her to stay?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)