|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through White Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these Chinese customs does Maxine comment on?
(a) Remaining silent at the dinner table.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Talking loudly.
(d) Walking erect.
2. Which of these is a possibility Maxine considers to explain her aunt's pregnancy?
(a) Her aunt was unusually beloved by her family for being a girl.
(b) Her aunt was not human.
(c) Her aunt carried the baby for her sister.
(d) Her aunt talked loudly and was punished by the gods.
3. Why is Maxine fired from her job at the land developer's association?
(a) She refuses to answer the phones.
(b) She refuses to type invitations.
(c) She refuses to marry her boss.
(d) She refuses to paint with a certain color.
4. According to Chinese custom, where would Maxine's mother and aunt have lived after their husbands left?
(a) Outside the village
(b) In their own homes.
(c) With their in-laws.
(d) In the same home.
5. According to the old couple, at what point will the girl be ready to leave them?
(a) When she can see visions in the water gourd
(b) When she can recite all of their teachings..
(c) When she can survive on the mountain of the white tigers.
(d) When she can point to the sky and a sword appears.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the girl walks into the dead land, how does she find something to eat?
2. Whose ghost haunts Maxine?
3. Who is the father of Maxine's aunt's baby?
4. What do the people she meets show the girl to convince her to stay?
5. Why are the Chinese afraid of drowned ghosts?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)