|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through White Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the girl see as her future husband in the water gourd?
(a) An army warrior.
(b) A man she meets on the mountain.
(c) A childhood playmate.
(d) A distant cousin.
2. What does Maxine say about the separation between China and America?
(a) There is a lack of separation.
(b) Her mother does not acknowledge a separation.
(c) There is a separation in ghost stories.
(d) There is a huge separation in culture.
3. What does the woman give the women with bound feet?
(b) New shoes.
(c) Bags of rice.
(d) Salve and prayers.
4. Why do the villagers curse Maxine's aunt's home?
(a) She cursed her neighbor's child.
(b) She stole food from them.
(c) They are afraid her infidelity harmed them.
(d) They want to avenge her husband.
5. How old is Maxine at the beginning of the fantastical story she tells about herself?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Seven years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Ten years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the white crane boxing story, what does the spirit of the white crane later become?
2. When did Maxine's aunt's supposed betrayal happen?
3. How does the woman kill the baron of her village?
4. Why is Maxine fired from her job at the land developer's association?
5. What animal appears as a sign that it is time for the young woman to leave her parents to fight?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)