|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through White Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the young woman's parents carve words into her back upon her return?
(a) For good luck.
(b) For revenge.
(c) To teach her a lesson.
(d) To show her age.
2. Whose ghost haunts Maxine?
(a) The narrator's mother.
(b) The narrator's baby cousin.
(c) The narrator's aunt.
(d) The narrator's father.
3. Why are the Chinese afraid of drowned ghosts?
(a) They are looking to pull someone down in the water to replace them.
(b) They have the most unlikely deaths.
(c) They act violently because of their traumatic deaths.
(d) They are most likely to haunt people because of unfinished business.
4. What does the old couple give the girl, now a young woman, as a parting gift?
(a) A magic sword.
(b) Fifteen beads.
(c) Two rabbit ears.
(d) A water gourd.
5. For what reason does the woman hide from battle?
(a) To avoid a particular enemy.
(b) To visit her parents.
(c) To give birth.
(d) To tend to her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman distracted by that leads to her capture?
2. What does the woman give the women with bound feet?
3. When did Maxine's aunt marry her husband?
4. Why is Maxine fired from her job at the land developer's association?
5. According to Chinese custom, where would Maxine's mother and aunt have lived after their husbands left?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)