|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through White Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maxine's father leaves China, who goes with him?
(a) His sister.
(b) Only his sister's husband.
(c) His wife and daughters.
(d) The other men in his family.
2. Which of these Chinese customs does Maxine comment on?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Remaining silent at the dinner table.
(c) Walking erect.
(d) Talking loudly.
3. What animal appears as a sign that it is time for the young woman to leave her parents to fight?
(a) A white horse.
(b) A chirping bird.
(c) A whooping crane.
(d) A silver fox.
4. When the girl walks into the dead land, how does she find something to eat?
(a) She quickly grows food from seeds she finds.
(b) A white rabbit jumps into her fire.
(c) The white tigers provide her with food.
(d) She eats what she is carrying with her.
5. According to Chinese custom, where would Maxine's mother and aunt have lived after their husbands left?
(a) In the same home.
(b) In their own homes.
(c) Outside the village
(d) With their in-laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kuan Kung?
2. Who does the girl see as her future husband in the water gourd?
3. Whose ghost haunts Maxine?
4. Why does Maxine re-tell her aunts story?
5. What did a medium once tell Maxine?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)