|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through No Name Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is a possibility Maxine considers to explain her aunt's pregnancy?
(a) Her aunt was a wild woman and enjoyed the man she was with.
(b) Her aunt was re-married to another man.
(c) Her aunt visited her husband in America.
(d) Her aunt had a child born from the gods.
2. Why does Maxine feel she is punishing her aunt?
(a) She did not like her.
(b) She cannot speak of her.
(c) She went against her mother's wishes.
(d) She never met her.
3. Which of these is a possibility Maxine considers to explain her aunt's pregnancy?
(a) Her aunt was pregnant before her husband left.
(b) Her aunt was raped.
(c) Her aunt was not actually pregnant.
(d) Her aunt was tortured.
4. What word does Maxine always add to boys' names?
5. Whose ghost haunts Maxine?
(a) The narrator's mother.
(b) The narrator's aunt.
(c) The narrator's father.
(d) The narrator's baby cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In No Name Woman, who is telling the story?
2. In what decade did Maxine's father leave China?
3. Why does Maxine re-tell her aunts story?
4. Why does Maxine feel her aunt's ghost is suffering?
5. How many children were in Maxine's aunt's family?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)