|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through No Name Woman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these ideas is not introduced in "No Name Woman"?
(a) The narrator's relationship with her mother.
(b) Chinese culture.
(c) The narrator's relationship with her siblings.
(d) Ghost stories.
2. Which of these is a possibility Maxine considers to explain her aunt's pregnancy?
(a) Her aunt was pregnant before her husband left.
(b) Her aunt was tortured.
(c) Her aunt was raped.
(d) Her aunt was not actually pregnant.
3. What is the main reason Maxine's mother likes to tell stores?
(a) To show her understanding of story-telling techniques.
(b) To make money.
(c) To keep from falling asleep.
(d) To warn her children about life.
4. Why does Maxine add a word to boys' names?
(a) It is part of the Chinese culture.
(b) It is a sign of romantic affection.
(c) She feels it shows sisterly affection.
(d) She does not have any brothers of her own.
5. When Maxine re-tells the story of her aunt, the narrator's story shows that the aunt's final actions are done out of _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the villagers curse Maxine's aunt's home?
2. When did Maxine's aunt's supposed betrayal happen?
3. Which of these is a possibility Maxine considers to explain her aunt's pregnancy?
4. Whose ghost haunts Maxine?
5. Which of these is a possibility Maxine considers to explain her aunt's pregnancy?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)