|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Song for a Barbarian Reed Pipe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In No Name Woman, which character dies?
(a) The narrator's mother.
(b) The narrator's uncle.
(c) The narrator's father.
(d) The narrator's aunt.
2. In Brave Orchid's story of the emperor with four wives, which of the four wives does Brave Orchid feel Moon Orchid is most similar to?
(a) The Empress of the East.
(b) The Empress of the West.
(c) The Empress of the South.
(d) The Empress of the North.
3. What age does the document say Maxine's mother is?
4. What does Maxine say the Chinese will do during a piano recital?
(b) Sit silently.
5. What word does Maxine always add to boys' names?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Maxine's aunt's supposed betrayal happen?
2. What does the slave girl have to do to pass Brave Orchid's test?
3. In what decade did Maxine's father leave China?
4. Where does Moon Orchid sit at the laundry?
5. What does Moon Orchid notice about the walls in Brave Orchid's home that is unacceptable in China?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)