|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Song for a Barbarian Reed Pipe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does legend say happens to the women with bound feet?
(a) They all die once their feet are unbound.
(b) They become immortal and protect the woman's army.
(c) They form a convent and pray for the woman warrior.
(d) They form a mercenary army that buys babies.
2. Which of these is a possibility Maxine considers to explain her aunt's pregnancy?
(a) Her aunt was not human.
(b) Her aunt carried the baby for her sister.
(c) Her aunt talked loudly and was punished by the gods.
(d) Her aunt was unusually beloved by her family for being a girl.
3. While with her army, what does the woman do at night?
(a) Wishes for a child.
(b) Tells stories to her friends.
(c) Sings to her army.
(d) Prays for her parents.
4. When does the ghost leave Maxine's mother?
(a) When the narrator's mother recites a chant.
(b) When the dawn comes.
(c) When the school alarm goes off.
(d) When the narrator's mother screams.
5. What character does "No Name Woman" most likely refer to?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The narrator's aunt.
(c) The narrator's grandmother.
(d) The narrator's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxine's mother cut when the narrator was a child?
2. What is the woman's first enemy?
3. What substance is on the piece of wood the girls find under the bed?
4. What does immigration ask Maxine's mother about the narrator's father?
5. According to the fortune teller, what is the number of the universe?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)