|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Shaman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group terrorizes Maxine's family in China?
(d) Emperor's armies.
2. Why does Maxine's family tell ghost stories at the laundry when temperatures are high?
(a) To cool off.
(b) To dry the clothes.
(c) To bring good weather.
(d) To ward off ghosts.
3. Why does Maxine feel her aunt's ghost is suffering?
(a) She has unfinished business.
(b) She must haunt the villagers.
(c) She is loved by others.
(d) She must fight for food.
4. What word does Maxine always add to boys' names?
5. Which of these ideas is not introduced in "No Name Woman"?
(a) Chinese culture.
(b) Ghost stories.
(c) The narrator's relationship with her mother.
(d) The narrator's relationship with her siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Maxine get while at her parent's house?
2. For how many years is Maxine's mother at medical school?
3. For how many years does Maxine's mother not reach her husband?
4. What does Maxine's aunt do after delivering her baby?
5. What character does "No Name Woman" most likely refer to?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)