|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through At the Western Palace.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Moon Orchid learns to do at the laundry?
(a) Run errands.
(b) Hang clothes.
(c) Take orders.
(d) Fold towels.
2. Who does the girl meet at the top of the mountain?
(a) An elderly soothsayer.
(b) A ghost from her past.
(c) An old man and an old woman.
(d) Her mother and father.
3. What substance is the girl shown that could allow her to live forever?
(b) White tiger hair.
(c) Water from a gourd.
(d) Tree sap.
4. How does the woman kill the baron of her village?
(a) She distracts him and cuts off his head.
(b) She sends her army after him.
(c) She poisons his dinner in his hut.
(d) She leads him to run off a cliff.
5. How old is Maxine at the beginning of the fantastical story she tells about herself?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Seven years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Ten years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Maxine born?
2. When does the ghost leave Maxine's mother?
3. What animal appears as a sign that it is time for the young woman to leave her parents to fight?
4. What is the other meaning of the Chinese word for female?
5. How does Moon Orchid interact with the narrator?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)