No Name Woman
1. In what decade did Maxine's father leave China?
2. When Maxine's father leaves China, what country does he go to?
3. What is the main reason Maxine's mother likes to tell stores?
(a) To warn her children about life.
(b) To make money.
(c) To show her understanding of story-telling techniques.
(d) To keep from falling asleep.
4. When Maxine's father leaves China, who goes with him?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife and daughters.
(c) Only his sister's husband.
(d) The other men in his family.
5. What happens to Maxine's aunt the night her baby is due?
(a) The villagers deliver her child.
(b) She becomes very ill.
(c) She has a dream vision.
(d) The villagers raid her home.
6. According to Chinese custom, where would Maxine's mother and aunt have lived after their husbands left?
(a) In their own homes.
(b) In the same home.
(c) With their in-laws.
(d) Outside the village
This section contains 4,494 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)