|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Jake do?
2. What does Eddie tell Roland when he returns from visiting with Calvin Tower?
3. What is one of the important themes present in Part 3?
4. What does Magruder tell Callahan about the men that assaulted him?
5. Where does Father Callahan discover Calvin Tower has gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tale of Lady Oriza?
2. While Father Callahan is gone looking for Calvin Tower, what does Roland discover?
3. What does Jake tell everyone in Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. How does Eddie defeat Andy?
5. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns during this ride into town?
6. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 7, Jake is able to see into Susannah's dream. What does this tell the audience about Jake?
8. What is the significance of Lady Oriza and throwing plates?
9. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 3, and Part 2, Chapter 4, readers begin to learn Father Callahan's history. What is that history?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Roland's true reasoning in telling Eddie, Jake, and Susannah to go to Took's besides purchasing groceries? Explain your answer with evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of good and evil is a popular one for Stephen King. Explore how King depicts the epic battle of good vs. evil in Wolves of the Calla; use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of women having the talent to throw the plate and the legend of the Lady Oriza?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)