|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roland's response to Eddie's thoughts about Mr. Slightman being corrupt?
2. Who does Roland initially ask to help guard the children during the battle with the Wolves?
3. Where is Jake led to after waking in Part 2, Chapter 7?
4. While Callahan is living in New Jersey, what does he notice about his surroundings?
5. Why is throwing the plates so important?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 5, Tian Jaffords calls a town meeting to discuss the plan to battle the Wolves. What does Roland tell the crowd at this meeting?
3. What is the tale of Lady Oriza?
4. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
5. As Jake and Roland ride into town together, what is Jake concerned about that he discusses with Roland?
6. Who are the Sisters of Oriza?
7. What is the significance of Lady Oriza and throwing plates?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 3, and Part 2, Chapter 4, readers begin to learn Father Callahan's history. What is that history?
9. Father Callahan has a very potent response to Roland's request regarding Susannah. Why does he have this poignant response?
10. What is Father Callahan's response to Roland's request regarding Susannah and her pregnancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Jake's mind reading ability a curse or a gift? Explain your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
What does Roland's discussion with Jake about secrecy reveal about Roland's moral fiber?
Essay Topic 3
What type of a person is Tian? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)