|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 8, why doesn't Jake tell Roland what he saw?
2. What does Eddie tell Roland about in Part 3, Chapter 1?
3. Who does Roland initially ask to help guard the children during the battle with the Wolves?
4. What idea does Mrs. Eisenhart inspire in Roland?
5. Where does Father Callahan discover Calvin Tower has gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what is on Jake's mind?
2. How does Roland think throwing the plate will help defeat the Wolves?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, and Part 2, Chapter 4, readers begin to learn Father Callahan's history. What is that history?
4. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns during this ride into town?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Eddie ask Father Callahan to do regarding Calvin Tower?
6. How does Eddie defeat Andy?
7. In Part 3, Chapter 5, Tian Jaffords calls a town meeting to discuss the plan to battle the Wolves. What does Roland tell the crowd at this meeting?
8. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what idea does Roland present to Father Callahan?
9. Who are the Sisters of Oriza?
10. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Roland's true reasoning in telling Eddie, Jake, and Susannah to go to Took's besides purchasing groceries? Explain your answer with evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Roland, Father Callahan, and the ka-tet use the Unfound Door and the Doorway Cave to travel todash. What is the significance of doors in this story?
Essay Topic 3
Is it believable that Eddie would be afraid of Susannah when Mia is in control of her body? Why or why not? Use the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)