|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roland initially ask to help guard the children during the battle with the Wolves?
2. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns in Part 2, Chapter 8?
3. What else does Calvin convince Eddie to do?
4. What was Lady Oriza's fabled accomplishment?
5. What does Susannah become acutely aware of in Part 3, Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tale of Lady Oriza?
2. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns during this ride into town?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Eddie ask Father Callahan to do regarding Calvin Tower?
4. As Jake and Roland ride into town together, what is Jake concerned about that he discusses with Roland?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what is on Jake's mind?
6. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Roland want Eddie to do in Manhattan?
7. What does Jamie Jaffords tell Eddie after Eddie and Susannah have dinner with Tian Jaffords and his family?
8. Father Callahan has a very potent response to Roland's request regarding Susannah. Why does he have this poignant response?
9. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
10. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jake feels guilt over what he saw at the embankment and at the Dogan as well as when Benny is killed during the battle with the Wolves. Is there any justification in his guilt? Explain your answer and use the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the community of Calla Bryn Sturgis. What kinds of people live there? What are the relationships of the villagers like with each other? How does this make their victimization from the Wolves even more devastating?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the setting (that of a Western movie) of this story, and how does that clash with Andy, the Wolves, and the Dogan? Use examples from the text to support your answers.
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)