|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Overholser surprise Roland during their conversation the night before the battle with the Wolves?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Jake do?
3. The night before the battle with the Wolves at the gathering at the Pavillion, what is the mood like?
4. Why is Benny Slightman's boss afraid of fighting the Wolves?
5. Why is throwing the plates so important?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Sisters of Oriza?
2. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
3. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
4. What is the significance of Lady Oriza and throwing plates?
5. What does Jake tell everyone in Part 3, Chapter 4?
6. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns during this ride into town?
7. What does Susannah learn to do in Part 3, Chapter 1?
8. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
9. What is the tale of Lady Oriza?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 7, Jake is able to see into Susannah's dream. What does this tell the audience about Jake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What type of a person is Tian? Use examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does King use the theme of injustice throughout this book? Use the text to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of good and evil is a popular one for Stephen King. Explore how King depicts the epic battle of good vs. evil in Wolves of the Calla; use examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)