|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Callahan when he sees the article in the newspaper about his friend, Rowan Magruder?
2. When Eddie wakes at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7, what does he find?
(a) The Jafford children staring at him.
(b) Tia and Tian waiting for him to wake.
(c) Susannah is gone.
(d) He is in another time and place than when he went to sleep.
3. Who else knows Jamie's story?
(a) His wife, his daughter-in-law, and his grandchildren.
(c) Everyone in the village.
(d) No one but Eddie and Tian.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what object does Callahan show Roland?
(a) A pistol.
(b) The Wizard and Glass.
(c) The rose from the vacant lot.
(d) Black Thirteen.
5. What is interesting about Roland's experience in Part 2 Chapter 8?
(a) Men usually don't throw the plate.
(b) The rose is missing.
(d) The door has the same "unfound" mark as the box that held Black Thirteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Wolves?
2. What does Eddie convince Calvin to do?
3. What else does Calvin convince Eddie to do?
4. What else did Eddie achieve at The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Jake do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
2. What does Jamie Jaffords tell Eddie after Eddie and Susannah have dinner with Tian Jaffords and his family?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 5, Tian Jaffords calls a town meeting to discuss the plan to battle the Wolves. What does Roland tell the crowd at this meeting?
4. While Father Callahan is gone looking for Calvin Tower, what does Roland discover?
5. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what idea does Roland present to Father Callahan?
6. Who are the Sisters of Oriza?
7. What is Father Callahan's response to Roland's request regarding Susannah and her pregnancy?
8. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns during this ride into town?
9. How does Jake feel about telling what he saw at the embankment?
10. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)