|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Magruder tell Callahan about the men that assaulted him?
(a) That Magruder needs Callahan's help to escape from the hospital because he is afraid they will try and keep him there forever.
(b) That there is some money hidden in Magruder's house for Callahan.
(c) That the men who attacked him were really looking for Callahan.
(d) That Magruder's sister wants to marry Callahan but is frustrated because she can't, since he is a Catholic priest.
2. Why is Benny Slightman's boss afraid of fighting the Wolves?
(a) Because he thinks the Wolves are invincible.
(b) Because he thinks what the Wolves do is good for the village.
(c) Because he fears the Wolves will burn down the village and leave the people with nothing.
(d) Because he is afraid of death.
3. What does Jake see when he arrives at the location he is led to?
(a) Benny's father, Ben Slightman, speaking to Andy and then climbing up the other side of the riverbank to Thunderclap.
(b) The location of the Dark Tower.
(c) The way to kill Mia.
(d) The only way to defeat the Wolves.
4. Who else knows Jamie's story?
(a) His wife, his daughter-in-law, and his grandchildren.
(b) No one but Eddie and Tian.
(d) Everyone in the village.
5. After dinner in Part 2 Chapter 9, what does Callahan do?
(a) He goes to bed.
(b) He finishes telling his story.
(c) He gives a moving sermon about strength and courage.
(d) He gives Roland the key to the Dark Tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what object does Callahan show Roland?
2. What does Jake discuss with Roland on the way to town in Part 2, Chapter 8?
3. What was Lady Oriza's fabled accomplishment?
4. While Eddie, Jake, and Susannah are gone in Part 2, Chapter 8, what happens to Roland?
5. What does Susannah demonstrate for Roland, Eddie, and Jake at the Jaffords' farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what is on Jake's mind?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 5, Tian Jaffords calls a town meeting to discuss the plan to battle the Wolves. What does Roland tell the crowd at this meeting?
3. Who are the Sisters of Oriza?
4. What is the significance of Lady Oriza and throwing plates?
5. While Father Callahan is gone looking for Calvin Tower, what does Roland discover?
6. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
7. Father Callahan has a very potent response to Roland's request regarding Susannah. Why does he have this poignant response?
8. How does Jake feel about telling what he saw at the embankment?
9. What is Father Callahan's response to Roland's request regarding Susannah and her pregnancy?
10. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)