|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roland do when Father Callahan leaves?
(a) He sets off for the vacant lot to see if the rose is still there and if there have been any changes to it.
(b) He goes through the bookstore and finds a book he feels will be important later on; he then turns the book upside down so that he can locate it easily later.
(c) He goes out to a restaurant to eat.
(d) He starts to look for the bowling alley advertised on the bag that contains Black Thirteen.
2. What is a main theme of this book by the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Stealing from others is immoral.
(b) Honesty is always the best policy.
(c) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
(d) Fighting against injustice.
3. Who does Roland initially ask to help guard the children during the battle with the Wolves?
(c) Mr. Slightman.
(d) Mr. Overholser.
4. What does Jake discover in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) That Tia is secretly plotting to kill her brother and his family in their sleep before the Wolves come again.
(b) That Susannah has already had her baby, and that Susannah is no longer Susannah, but rather Mia permanently.
(c) An observation post called The Dogan that is filled with computer equipment; he then sees Mr. Slightman and Andy enter and listens as they make a report about everything that is going on in the village into one of the computer terminals.
(d) That while the town sleeps, the Wolves come and do reconnaissance on the village to make plans in order to prepare for their next raid.
5. After dinner in Part 2, Chapter 6, what do Eddie an Jamie do?
(a) Sit around and talk.
(b) Listen to the radio.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Smoke pipes and rock on the front porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Calvin convince Eddie to do?
2. What is the subject of Roland's discussion with Father Callahan regarding Susannah at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1?
3. What is Father Callahan's reaction to Roland's idea about Susannah?
4. What does Jake discuss with Roland on the way to town in Part 2, Chapter 8?
5. What idea does Mrs. Eisenhart inspire in Roland?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 7, Jake is able to see into Susannah's dream. What does this tell the audience about Jake?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Roland want Eddie to do in Manhattan?
3. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
4. What does Susannah learn to do in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. How does Eddie defeat Andy?
6. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns during this ride into town?
7. What does Jamie Jaffords tell Eddie after Eddie and Susannah have dinner with Tian Jaffords and his family?
8. What is the significance of Lady Oriza and throwing plates?
9. What is Father Callahan's response to Roland's request regarding Susannah and her pregnancy?
10. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Eddie ask Father Callahan to do regarding Calvin Tower?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)