|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 6, with whom do Eddie and Susannah spend the night?
(a) Tian Jaffords and his family.
(c) Father Callahan.
2. What makes Callahan stop drinking?
(a) When he wakes up with a hangover and has a seizure.
(b) After he cannot remember where Magruder's hospital is.
(c) After he has his religious vision.
(d) When he begins coughing up blood.
3. During his visit to New York to see Magruder, Callahan takes a walk through NYC. During this walk, what happens to Callahan?
(a) He gets very drunk and he begins to cough up blood, which scares him very badly.
(b) He has a vision where he sees God and recognizes the vision as his calling to clean up his life and get back to the priesthood where he belongs.
(c) He is jumped on the street by two men who pull him into an empty laundromat and start to carve a swastika on his forehead.
(d) He gets lost and cannot find his way back to the hospital Magruder is staying in.
4. After Jake wakes in Part 2, Chapter 7, who comes to lead him away?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what object does Callahan show Roland?
(a) A pistol.
(b) The rose from the vacant lot.
(c) The Wizard and Glass.
(d) Black Thirteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eddie suggest Father Callahan visit?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what happens that night at Callahan's rectory?
3. What is interesting about one of the books Calvin shows Eddie?
4. What does Jake discuss with Roland on the way to town in Part 2, Chapter 8?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 8, why doesn't Jake tell Roland what he saw?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Sisters of Oriza?
2. As Jake and Roland ride into town together, what is Jake concerned about that he discusses with Roland?
3. How does Jake feel about telling what he saw at the embankment?
4. How does Roland think throwing the plate will help defeat the Wolves?
5. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
6. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what is on Jake's mind?
7. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
8. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
9. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what idea does Roland present to Father Callahan?
10. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Roland want Eddie to do in Manhattan?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)