|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Callahan is living in New Jersey, what does he notice about his surroundings?
(a) That he is sleeping too much.
(b) That he is an alcoholic.
(c) That day and night are reversed.
(d) That worlds shift around him.
2. When Overholser approaches Roland at the gathering at the Pavillion, what does he tell Roland?
(a) That he thinks Roland and his ka-tet should leave, both for their own good and for the good of the village.
(b) That he thinks the children should be kept out in plain sight so that all can see where the Wolves will be heading when they come.
(c) That he strongly disagrees with Roland and the ka-tet trying to defeat the Wolves.
(d) That one of the men Roland asked to guard the children was ill and as such wouldn't be able to perform his guarding duties.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Jake do?
(a) Gone back to the vacant lot and picked the rose.
(b) Told everyone about The Dogan and Slightman's treachery.
(c) Decided he does not want to be friends with Benny anymore.
(d) Decided he will stay behind when it is time to battle the Wolves.
4. When Eddie wakes at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7, what does he find?
(a) Susannah is gone.
(b) The Jafford children staring at him.
(c) He is in another time and place than when he went to sleep.
(d) Tia and Tian waiting for him to wake.
5. How does Eddie get the mobsters to stop harassing Calvin Tower?
(a) He tells them that if they don't leave he will murder their wives and children.
(b) He says that if they don't leave he will shoot them.
(c) He says he will call the police.
(d) He acts like an undercover cop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland propose to do with the village children when the Wolves come?
2. What does Jake discuss with Roland on the way to town in Part 2, Chapter 8?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Jake do when Benny is asleep?
4. Who else knows Jamie's story?
5. What is Father Callahan's reaction to Roland's idea about Susannah?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what is on Jake's mind?
2. How does Roland think throwing the plate will help defeat the Wolves?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Roland want Eddie to do in Manhattan?
4. How does Eddie defeat Andy?
5. What does Susannah learn to do in Part 3, Chapter 1?
6. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what idea does Roland present to Father Callahan?
7. What is the tale of Lady Oriza?
8. What is the significance of Lady Oriza and throwing plates?
9. What is Father Callahan's response to Roland's request regarding Susannah and her pregnancy?
10. Father Callahan has a very potent response to Roland's request regarding Susannah. Why does he have this poignant response?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)