|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
(a) Showing Susannah how to throw plates.
(b) Watching Jake while the rest of the ka-tet fights the Wolves.
(c) Her leaving Tian.
(d) Helping Susannah with her pregnancy.
2. What does Mrs. Eisenhart do with her group?
(a) She teaches the young girls to sew.
(b) She bakes bread from the wheat she grows and then gives it away to the villagers during church on Sundays.
(c) She upholds and decides the village's laws and settles disputes between villagers.
(d) She practices throwing plates.
3. How does Eddie get the mobsters to stop harassing Calvin Tower?
(a) He acts like an undercover cop.
(b) He says that if they don't leave he will shoot them.
(c) He says he will call the police.
(d) He tells them that if they don't leave he will murder their wives and children.
4. After the mobsters leave, what do Calvin and Eddie discuss?
(a) The weather outside.
(b) The stock market.
(c) The current condition of the rare book market.
(d) The books the mobsters wanted to burn.
5. What does Jake's journey while asleep in Part 2 tell us about Jake?
(a) That he is the only member of the ka-tet that the people of the Calla will trust.
(b) That he is a very gifted mind-reader.
(c) That he is able to go todash whenever he wants.
(d) That he is the only one who can defeat the Wolves.
Short Answer Questions
1. While he is asleep in Part 2, Chapter 7, where does Jake go?
2. With what were the mobsters threatening Calvin Tower?
3. What are the Wolves?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what does Roland tell Eddie he wants him to do?
5. Where does Father Callahan discover Calvin Tower has gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns during this ride into town?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 7, Jake is able to see into Susannah's dream. What does this tell the audience about Jake?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what is on Jake's mind?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Roland want Eddie to do in Manhattan?
5. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
6. What is the significance of Lady Oriza and throwing plates?
7. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what idea does Roland present to Father Callahan?
8. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Eddie ask Father Callahan to do regarding Calvin Tower?
9. What does Susannah learn to do in Part 3, Chapter 1?
10. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)