|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is interesting about one of the books Calvin shows Eddie?
(a) The book is about Eddie's life.
(b) It is not a rare book; it actually has millions of copies in print.
(c) The title and cover page have an incorrect title on them, and the name of the author is different on the copyright and the cover page.
(d) It is a book that hasn't been written yet.
2. What does Susannah demonstrate for Roland, Eddie, and Jake at the Jaffords' farm?
(a) That she can walk.
(b) That she has an exceptional singing voice.
(c) That she can shoot a pistol.
(d) That she is very good at throwing plates.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Jake do?
(a) Decided he will stay behind when it is time to battle the Wolves.
(b) Decided he does not want to be friends with Benny anymore.
(c) Told everyone about The Dogan and Slightman's treachery.
(d) Gone back to the vacant lot and picked the rose.
4. What does Roland do when Father Callahan leaves?
(a) He goes out to a restaurant to eat.
(b) He starts to look for the bowling alley advertised on the bag that contains Black Thirteen.
(c) He sets off for the vacant lot to see if the rose is still there and if there have been any changes to it.
(d) He goes through the bookstore and finds a book he feels will be important later on; he then turns the book upside down so that he can locate it easily later.
5. What is a main theme of this book by the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Honesty is always the best policy.
(b) Fighting against injustice.
(c) Stealing from others is immoral.
(d) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Calvin convince Eddie to do?
2. What is Mrs. Eisenhart's first name?
3. What is Jake's main concern that he discusses with Roland during the trip into town?
4. After dinner in Part 2, Chapter 6, what do Eddie an Jamie do?
5. When Callahan starts seeing the lost pet posters again, what does he do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Lady Oriza and throwing plates?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 5, Tian Jaffords calls a town meeting to discuss the plan to battle the Wolves. What does Roland tell the crowd at this meeting?
3. Who are the Sisters of Oriza?
4. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
5. How does Jake feel about telling what he saw at the embankment?
6. What does Jamie Jaffords tell Eddie after Eddie and Susannah have dinner with Tian Jaffords and his family?
7. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what is on Jake's mind?
8. As Jake and Roland ride into town together, what is Jake concerned about that he discusses with Roland?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Eddie ask Father Callahan to do regarding Calvin Tower?
10. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what idea does Roland present to Father Callahan?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)