|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake discover in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) That Tia is secretly plotting to kill her brother and his family in their sleep before the Wolves come again.
(b) That Susannah has already had her baby, and that Susannah is no longer Susannah, but rather Mia permanently.
(c) That while the town sleeps, the Wolves come and do reconnaissance on the village to make plans in order to prepare for their next raid.
(d) An observation post called The Dogan that is filled with computer equipment; he then sees Mr. Slightman and Andy enter and listens as they make a report about everything that is going on in the village into one of the computer terminals.
2. What does Eddie tell Roland about in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) That he agrees Susannah should have the abortion.
(b) That he wants to leave the ka-tet.
(c) What Jamie Jaffords told him about the Wolves.
(d) That he does not agree that Susannah should have the abortion.
3. When Callahan starts seeing the lost pet posters again, what does he do?
(a) He moves on.
(b) He covers them up.
(c) He calls the number on them.
(d) He tears them down.
4. What does Magruder tell Callahan about the men that assaulted him?
(a) That Magruder needs Callahan's help to escape from the hospital because he is afraid they will try and keep him there forever.
(b) That Magruder's sister wants to marry Callahan but is frustrated because she can't, since he is a Catholic priest.
(c) That the men who attacked him were really looking for Callahan.
(d) That there is some money hidden in Magruder's house for Callahan.
5. What is interesting about one of the books Calvin shows Eddie?
(a) The book is about Eddie's life.
(b) It is not a rare book; it actually has millions of copies in print.
(c) It is a book that hasn't been written yet.
(d) The title and cover page have an incorrect title on them, and the name of the author is different on the copyright and the cover page.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns in Part 2, Chapter 8?
2. What does Jake feel guilty about?
3. What else did Eddie achieve at The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind?
4. What does Susannah become acutely aware of in Part 3, Chapter 6?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 8, why doesn't Jake tell Roland what he saw?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, and Part 2, Chapter 4, readers begin to learn Father Callahan's history. What is that history?
2. What is Father Callahan's response to Roland's request regarding Susannah and her pregnancy?
3. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns during this ride into town?
4. What does Jake tell everyone in Part 3, Chapter 4?
5. What does Jamie Jaffords tell Eddie after Eddie and Susannah have dinner with Tian Jaffords and his family?
6. What is the significance of Lady Oriza and throwing plates?
7. As Jake and Roland ride into town together, what is Jake concerned about that he discusses with Roland?
8. Father Callahan has a very potent response to Roland's request regarding Susannah. Why does he have this poignant response?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 7, Jake is able to see into Susannah's dream. What does this tell the audience about Jake?
10. While Father Callahan is gone looking for Calvin Tower, what does Roland discover?
This section contains 1,414 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)