|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Magruder tell Callahan about the men that assaulted him?
(a) That there is some money hidden in Magruder's house for Callahan.
(b) That the men who attacked him were really looking for Callahan.
(c) That Magruder needs Callahan's help to escape from the hospital because he is afraid they will try and keep him there forever.
(d) That Magruder's sister wants to marry Callahan but is frustrated because she can't, since he is a Catholic priest.
2. What is one of the important themes present in Part 3?
(a) Trust in yourself and in others.
(b) Deception is the only way to get things accomplished.
(c) There is no use in planning ahead.
(d) Confidence that leaders always know what they are doing and that they will always make choices for the good of their group.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Jake do?
(a) Decided he does not want to be friends with Benny anymore.
(b) Gone back to the vacant lot and picked the rose.
(c) Decided he will stay behind when it is time to battle the Wolves.
(d) Told everyone about The Dogan and Slightman's treachery.
4. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
(a) Helping Susannah with her pregnancy.
(b) Showing Susannah how to throw plates.
(c) Her leaving Tian.
(d) Watching Jake while the rest of the ka-tet fights the Wolves.
5. What is Mrs. Eisenhart's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lady Oriza's fabled accomplishment?
2. Who else knows Jamie's story?
3. What is interesting about one of the books Calvin shows Eddie?
4. What does Roland do when Father Callahan leaves?
5. During his visit to New York to see Magruder, Callahan takes a walk through NYC. During this walk, what happens to Callahan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eddie defeat Andy?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 3, and Part 2, Chapter 4, readers begin to learn Father Callahan's history. What is that history?
3. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns during this ride into town?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 5, Tian Jaffords calls a town meeting to discuss the plan to battle the Wolves. What does Roland tell the crowd at this meeting?
5. What does Jamie Jaffords tell Eddie after Eddie and Susannah have dinner with Tian Jaffords and his family?
6. What does Jake tell everyone in Part 3, Chapter 4?
7. As Jake and Roland ride into town together, what is Jake concerned about that he discusses with Roland?
8. While Father Callahan is gone looking for Calvin Tower, what does Roland discover?
9. How does Roland think throwing the plate will help defeat the Wolves?
10. How does Jake feel about telling what he saw at the embankment?
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)