|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eddie want to send Father Callahan away?
(a) To locate Calvin Tower and check up on him.
(b) To see if Callahan can locate his friend Magruder.
(c) To find the Walkin' Dude.
(d) To see what Kansas has to do with the rest of their journey.
2. What is a main theme of this book by the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
(b) Honesty is always the best policy.
(c) Fighting against injustice.
(d) Stealing from others is immoral.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what does Roland tell Eddie he wants him to do?
(a) Keep an eye on Father Callahan and make sure he doesn't begin to turn the villagers against Roland and the rest of the ka-tet.
(b) Replace him as leader of the ka-tet should something happen to Roland.
(c) Go through the Unfound Door and buy the vacant lot from the secondhand book store owner.
(d) Take Susannah and leave the ka-tet.
4. How does Overholser surprise Roland during their conversation the night before the battle with the Wolves?
(a) He says that he and his family will be leaving town when the party is over so that they will not be there when the battle occurs.
(b) Overholser tells Roland that the secret to defeating the Wolves is by giving them Father Callahan, because he is the one they are really after.
(c) Overholser volunteers to take the sick man's place and help guard the children during the battle.
(d) He laughs and slaps Roland on the back, congratulating him on his plan to defeat the Wolves.
5. While he is asleep in Part 2, Chapter 7, where does Jake go?
(a) To visit his parents.
(b) Back to Manhattan, to the day he died.
(c) Inside of Susannah's dream.
(d) Into the future to see how to defeat the Wolves.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Jake wakes in Part 2, Chapter 7, who comes to lead him away?
2. What makes Callahan stop drinking?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what happens that night at Callahan's rectory?
4. When Callahan starts seeing the lost pet posters again, what does he do?
5. What is the subject of Roland's discussion with Father Callahan regarding Susannah at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
2. How does Eddie defeat Andy?
3. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 3, and Part 2, Chapter 4, readers begin to learn Father Callahan's history. What is that history?
5. As Jake and Roland ride into town together, what is Jake concerned about that he discusses with Roland?
6. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what idea does Roland present to Father Callahan?
7. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Roland want Eddie to do in Manhattan?
8. How does Roland think throwing the plate will help defeat the Wolves?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 7, Jake is able to see into Susannah's dream. What does this tell the audience about Jake?
10. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)