|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else did Eddie achieve at The Manhattan Restaurant of the Mind?
(a) Eddie gave Black Thirteen to Calvin Tower.
(b) Eddie bought the bookstore from Calvin Tower.
(c) Eddie convinced Calvin Tower to sell him the vacant lot.
(d) Eddie brought back "The Hogan."
2. What is a main theme of this book by the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
(b) Fighting against injustice.
(c) Stealing from others is immoral.
(d) Honesty is always the best policy.
3. The night before the battle with the Wolves at the gathering at the Pavillion, what is the mood like?
(a) Subdued, but with an air of celebration.
(b) Somber and quiet.
(c) Jovial and happy.
(d) Lighthearted, but with very little laughter out loud.
4. What is one of the important themes present in Part 3?
(a) Deception is the only way to get things accomplished.
(b) There is no use in planning ahead.
(c) Trust in yourself and in others.
(d) Confidence that leaders always know what they are doing and that they will always make choices for the good of their group.
5. Where does Roland send Eddie, Jake, and Susannah to in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Overholser's farm to ask him for permission to fight the Wolves on behalf of his village.
(b) The town to buy some items and then wait on the porch.
(c) The school, to find the schoolteacher.
(d) The church to find Father Callahan.
Short Answer Questions
1. While he is asleep in Part 2, Chapter 7, where does Jake go?
2. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
3. What does Roland propose to do with the village children when the Wolves come?
4. When Overholser approaches Roland at the gathering at the Pavillion, what does he tell Roland?
5. What does Susannah demonstrate for Roland, Eddie, and Jake at the Jaffords' farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what idea does Roland present to Father Callahan?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Roland want Eddie to do in Manhattan?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Eddie ask Father Callahan to do regarding Calvin Tower?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 7, Jake is able to see into Susannah's dream. What does this tell the audience about Jake?
5. What does Jake tell everyone in Part 3, Chapter 4?
6. How does Jake feel about telling what he saw at the embankment?
7. While Father Callahan is gone looking for Calvin Tower, what does Roland discover?
8. What is Father Callahan's response to Roland's request regarding Susannah and her pregnancy?
9. Who are the Sisters of Oriza?
10. How does Eddie defeat Andy?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)