|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roland respond to this conversation with Overholser at the Pavillion?
(a) Roland does not believe that Father Callahan could have anything to do with the Wolves.
(b) He isn't sure how to respond to Overholser's confidence.
(c) He quickly agrees to let Overholser take the sick man's place.
(d) He tells Overholser that he believes packing things up and leaving town will not solve anything.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 6, with whom do Eddie and Susannah spend the night?
(a) Father Callahan.
(b) Tian Jaffords and his family.
3. Where does Eddie suggest Father Callahan visit?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) Topeka, Kansas.
4. What makes Callahan stop drinking?
(a) When he begins coughing up blood.
(b) After he has his religious vision.
(c) After he cannot remember where Magruder's hospital is.
(d) When he wakes up with a hangover and has a seizure.
5. What was Lady Oriza's fabled accomplishment?
(a) She killed her father's murderer by throwing a plate at him and cutting off his head.
(b) She made the blind see.
(c) She grew wheat which fed the original settlers of Calla Bryn Sturgis.
(d) She healed the sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Father Callahan's reaction to Roland's idea about Susannah?
2. What is Jake's main concern that he discusses with Roland during the trip into town?
3. What does Jake discover in Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. What does Jake discuss with Roland on the way to town in Part 2, Chapter 8?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what do Eddie and Roland do with Black Thirteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Lady Oriza and throwing plates?
2. What does Susannah learn to do in Part 3, Chapter 1?
3. What is the tale of Lady Oriza?
4. As Jake and Roland ride into town together, what is Jake concerned about that he discusses with Roland?
5. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns during this ride into town?
6. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
7. Who are the Sisters of Oriza?
8. What does Jake tell everyone in Part 3, Chapter 4?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 5, Tian Jaffords calls a town meeting to discuss the plan to battle the Wolves. What does Roland tell the crowd at this meeting?
10. How does Jake feel about telling what he saw at the embankment?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)