|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
(a) Helping Susannah with her pregnancy.
(b) Watching Jake while the rest of the ka-tet fights the Wolves.
(c) Her leaving Tian.
(d) Showing Susannah how to throw plates.
2. After he visits with Callahan in Part 2, Chapter 4, where does Roland go?
(a) To see Susannah and Eddie.
(b) To Eisenhart's ranch.
(c) To see Tia.
(d) To see Rosalita.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 6, with whom do Eddie and Susannah spend the night?
(c) Father Callahan.
(d) Tian Jaffords and his family.
4. What is Jake's main concern that he discusses with Roland during the trip into town?
(a) That Roland is keeping secrets from the ka-tet that can potentially divide them in a time where they need each other more than ever.
(b) That Eddie has become distrustful of the ka-tet and wishes to leave.
(c) That Mr. Slightman is up to something suspicious with Andy.
(d) That the Wolves will come before the ka-tet is ready for them.
5. Where does Eddie suggest Father Callahan visit?
(a) Topeka, Kansas.
(b) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Mrs. Eisenhart inspire in Roland?
2. While he is asleep in Part 2, Chapter 7, where does Jake go?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what happens that night at Callahan's rectory?
4. Where does Father Callahan discover Calvin Tower has gone?
5. Where is Jake led to after waking in Part 2, Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 3, and Part 2, Chapter 4, readers begin to learn Father Callahan's history. What is that history?
2. What is the significance of Lady Oriza and throwing plates?
3. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns during this ride into town?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what is on Jake's mind?
5. What does Jake tell everyone in Part 3, Chapter 4?
6. What does Susannah learn to do in Part 3, Chapter 1?
7. What does Jamie Jaffords tell Eddie after Eddie and Susannah have dinner with Tian Jaffords and his family?
8. Father Callahan has a very potent response to Roland's request regarding Susannah. Why does he have this poignant response?
9. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
10. How does Roland think throwing the plate will help defeat the Wolves?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)