|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea does Mrs. Eisenhart inspire in Roland?
(a) Using her sewing needles to defeat the Wolves.
(b) Writing a law to prohibit the Wolves from entering the Calla.
(c) Lacing her bread with poison and giving it to the members of the village who do not want the gunslinger and his ka-tet to help the village.
(d) Using the method of throwing plates to help he and his ka-tet defeat the Wolves.
2. What is interesting about Roland's experience in Part 2 Chapter 8?
(b) The rose is missing.
(c) Men usually don't throw the plate.
(d) The door has the same "unfound" mark as the box that held Black Thirteen.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 6, with whom do Eddie and Susannah spend the night?
(b) Tian Jaffords and his family.
(d) Father Callahan.
4. What does Eddie tell Roland about in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) That he wants to leave the ka-tet.
(b) That he does not agree that Susannah should have the abortion.
(c) That he agrees Susannah should have the abortion.
(d) What Jamie Jaffords told him about the Wolves.
5. What is Roland's response to Eddie's thoughts about Mr. Slightman being corrupt?
(a) He agrees, but it is up to Jake to make the next move.
(b) Roland wonders where Topeka, Kansas, in 1917 fits into the puzzle of the Dark Tower, the Wolves, and Calla Bryn Sturgis.
(c) He is disappointed in Eddie.
(d) It is alright, because they don't need the vacant lot anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Callahan stop drinking?
2. When Eddie wakes at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 7, what does he find?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what happens that night at Callahan's rectory?
4. What does Jake discover in Part 3, Chapter 3?
5. While he is asleep in Part 2, Chapter 7, where does Jake go?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Eddie ask Father Callahan to do regarding Calvin Tower?
2. How does Jake feel about telling what he saw at the embankment?
3. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
4. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 7, Jake is able to see into Susannah's dream. What does this tell the audience about Jake?
6. As Jake and Roland ride into town together, what is Jake concerned about that he discusses with Roland?
7. What does Jake tell everyone in Part 3, Chapter 4?
8. What is Father Callahan's response to Roland's request regarding Susannah and her pregnancy?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what is on Jake's mind?
10. Father Callahan has a very potent response to Roland's request regarding Susannah. Why does he have this poignant response?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)