|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) That the ka-tet will be ready when the Wolves come to Calla Bryn Sturgis.
(b) That he has his reasons for not telling Susannah about what is going on with her, but that if Jake feels she should know, he can tell her.
(c) That he is right to be concerned about Mr. Slightman.
(d) That if Eddie wants to leave the ka-tet, he is free to do so.
2. What is Roland's response to Eddie's thoughts about Mr. Slightman being corrupt?
(a) He agrees, but it is up to Jake to make the next move.
(b) It is alright, because they don't need the vacant lot anyway.
(c) He is disappointed in Eddie.
(d) Roland wonders where Topeka, Kansas, in 1917 fits into the puzzle of the Dark Tower, the Wolves, and Calla Bryn Sturgis.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 6, what happens to Andy?
(a) Eddy shoots out Andy's eyes and locks him up in Rosalita's outhouse where Eddie figures out Andy's secret password and shuts the robot down.
(b) Andy decides he doesn't think working with the Wolves to steal the children is right any longer, and he chooses to work with the ka-tet to defeat the Wolves.
(c) Andy leads the children, like the Pied Piper of Hamlin, right to the Wolves' lair.
(d) Nothing happens to Andy.
4. After he visits with Callahan in Part 2, Chapter 4, where does Roland go?
(a) To see Rosalita.
(b) To see Susannah and Eddie.
(c) To Eisenhart's ranch.
(d) To see Tia.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what happens that night at Callahan's rectory?
(a) The Sisters of Oriza gather where they show Roland how well they can throw the plates.
(b) Jake finally tells the ka-tet about what he saw Mr. Slightman and Andy doing.
(c) Father Callahan begins drinking again.
(d) The ka-tet meets to discuss their strategy to defeat the Wolves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the symbol on the box where Callahan keeps his special object mean?
2. What does Jake's journey while asleep in Part 2 tell us about Jake?
3. Where is Jake led to after waking in Part 2, Chapter 7?
4. After Jake wakes in Part 2, Chapter 7, who comes to lead him away?
5. While Callahan is living in New Jersey, what does he notice about his surroundings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roland think throwing the plate will help defeat the Wolves?
2. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns during this ride into town?
3. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what idea does Roland present to Father Callahan?
4. How does Jake feel about telling what he saw at the embankment?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Eddie ask Father Callahan to do regarding Calvin Tower?
6. While Father Callahan is gone looking for Calvin Tower, what does Roland discover?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 7, Jake is able to see into Susannah's dream. What does this tell the audience about Jake?
8. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
9. What is the tale of Lady Oriza?
10. What does Jamie Jaffords tell Eddie after Eddie and Susannah have dinner with Tian Jaffords and his family?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)