|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the mobsters leave, what do Calvin and Eddie discuss?
(a) The weather outside.
(b) The books the mobsters wanted to burn.
(c) The stock market.
(d) The current condition of the rare book market.
2. During his visit to New York to see Magruder, Callahan takes a walk through NYC. During this walk, what happens to Callahan?
(a) He gets lost and cannot find his way back to the hospital Magruder is staying in.
(b) He gets very drunk and he begins to cough up blood, which scares him very badly.
(c) He has a vision where he sees God and recognizes the vision as his calling to clean up his life and get back to the priesthood where he belongs.
(d) He is jumped on the street by two men who pull him into an empty laundromat and start to carve a swastika on his forehead.
3. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
(a) Showing Susannah how to throw plates.
(b) Her leaving Tian.
(c) Watching Jake while the rest of the ka-tet fights the Wolves.
(d) Helping Susannah with her pregnancy.
4. What are the Wolves?
(a) Evil demon spirits.
(b) People who founded the village.
(d) Grey wolves.
5. What is Roland's response to Eddie's thoughts about Mr. Slightman being corrupt?
(a) Roland wonders where Topeka, Kansas, in 1917 fits into the puzzle of the Dark Tower, the Wolves, and Calla Bryn Sturgis.
(b) He agrees, but it is up to Jake to make the next move.
(c) It is alright, because they don't need the vacant lot anyway.
(d) He is disappointed in Eddie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jamie know about the Wolves?
2. What does Jake see when he arrives at the location he is led to?
3. After Jake wakes in Part 2, Chapter 7, who comes to lead him away?
4. What is Jake's main concern that he discusses with Roland during the trip into town?
5. How does Roland respond to this conversation with Overholser at the Pavillion?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 7, Jake is able to see into Susannah's dream. What does this tell the audience about Jake?
2. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
3. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what idea does Roland present to Father Callahan?
4. What does Jake tell everyone in Part 3, Chapter 4?
5. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
6. How does Jake feel about telling what he saw at the embankment?
7. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Eddie ask Father Callahan to do regarding Calvin Tower?
8. What does Jamie Jaffords tell Eddie after Eddie and Susannah have dinner with Tian Jaffords and his family?
9. What is Father Callahan's response to Roland's request regarding Susannah and her pregnancy?
10. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Roland want Eddie to do in Manhattan?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)