|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jamie know about the Wolves?
(a) He knows what the Wolves do with the children.
(b) That when he was younger, he and his friends fought the Wolves, and the Wolves killed all of his friends; but first, one of the girls in the group threw a plate at a Wolf's head and chopped it off, and that is when Jamie saw what was underneath the Wolf's mask.
(c) He knows who controls the Wolves and why they come.
(d) He knows that they cannot be killed, even by a silver bullet.
2. What is Jake's main concern that he discusses with Roland during the trip into town?
(a) That Mr. Slightman is up to something suspicious with Andy.
(b) That Eddie has become distrustful of the ka-tet and wishes to leave.
(c) That the Wolves will come before the ka-tet is ready for them.
(d) That Roland is keeping secrets from the ka-tet that can potentially divide them in a time where they need each other more than ever.
3. What does Magruder tell Callahan about the men that assaulted him?
(a) That Magruder needs Callahan's help to escape from the hospital because he is afraid they will try and keep him there forever.
(b) That Magruder's sister wants to marry Callahan but is frustrated because she can't, since he is a Catholic priest.
(c) That the men who attacked him were really looking for Callahan.
(d) That there is some money hidden in Magruder's house for Callahan.
4. What does Jake discuss with Roland on the way to town in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Slightman.
(b) The Wolves.
5. The night before the battle with the Wolves at the gathering at the Pavillion, what is the mood like?
(a) Lighthearted, but with very little laughter out loud.
(b) Subdued, but with an air of celebration.
(c) Jovial and happy.
(d) Somber and quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake see when he arrives at the location he is led to?
2. What does Susannah become acutely aware of in Part 3, Chapter 6?
3. During his visit to New York to see Magruder, Callahan takes a walk through NYC. During this walk, what happens to Callahan?
4. How does Eddie get the mobsters to stop harassing Calvin Tower?
5. While Eddie, Jake, and Susannah are gone in Part 2, Chapter 8, what happens to Roland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jamie Jaffords tell Eddie after Eddie and Susannah have dinner with Tian Jaffords and his family?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Eddie ask Father Callahan to do regarding Calvin Tower?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Roland want Eddie to do in Manhattan?
4. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
5. Who are the Sisters of Oriza?
6. In Part 3, Chapter 5, Tian Jaffords calls a town meeting to discuss the plan to battle the Wolves. What does Roland tell the crowd at this meeting?
7. How does Roland think throwing the plate will help defeat the Wolves?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 7, Jake is able to see into Susannah's dream. What does this tell the audience about Jake?
9. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
10. How does Eddie defeat Andy?
This section contains 1,275 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)