|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roland propose to do with the village children when the Wolves come?
(a) Take them across the river to Thunderclap.
(b) Gather them in a location near the Doorway Cave.
(c) Take them through the Unfound Door.
(d) Hide them in the basements of the houses in the village.
2. Who else knows Jamie's story?
(a) Everyone in the village.
(c) No one but Eddie and Tian.
(d) His wife, his daughter-in-law, and his grandchildren.
3. What does Jake feel guilty about?
(a) About having such a good time with his friend Benny while the other members of the ka-tet have so many responsibilities.
(b) About befriending Benny and then discovering what Mr. Slightman is up to.
(c) That he betrayed his good friend Benny by telling Roland and the others about what he saw Benny's father doing.
(d) Jake does not feel guilty about anything at this point in the story.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 6, with whom do Eddie and Susannah spend the night?
(a) Tian Jaffords and his family.
(b) Father Callahan.
5. While he is asleep in Part 2, Chapter 7, where does Jake go?
(a) Into the future to see how to defeat the Wolves.
(b) Back to Manhattan, to the day he died.
(c) Inside of Susannah's dream.
(d) To visit his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eddie want to send Father Callahan away?
2. How does Roland respond to this conversation with Overholser at the Pavillion?
3. How does Eddie get the mobsters to stop harassing Calvin Tower?
4. While Callahan is living in New Jersey, what does he notice about his surroundings?
5. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 7, Jake is able to see into Susannah's dream. What does this tell the audience about Jake?
2. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
3. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
4. While Father Callahan is gone looking for Calvin Tower, what does Roland discover?
5. What is the tale of Lady Oriza?
6. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
7. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what idea does Roland present to Father Callahan?
8. How does Jake feel about telling what he saw at the embankment?
9. Who are the Sisters of Oriza?
10. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what is on Jake's mind?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)