|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Benny Slightman's boss afraid of fighting the Wolves?
(a) Because he thinks the Wolves are invincible.
(b) Because he thinks what the Wolves do is good for the village.
(c) Because he fears the Wolves will burn down the village and leave the people with nothing.
(d) Because he is afraid of death.
2. Who does Roland initially ask to help guard the children during the battle with the Wolves?
(a) Mr. Overholser.
(d) Mr. Slightman.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 6, with whom do Eddie and Susannah spend the night?
(b) Tian Jaffords and his family.
(d) Father Callahan.
4. What does Eddie tell Roland when he returns from visiting with Calvin Tower?
(a) That he never arrived in Manhattan; that instead he ended up in Topeka, Kansas, in 1917.
(b) That he was unable to purchase the vacant lot from Calvin Tower.
(c) That the mobsters already purchased the lot before he was able to talk to Calvin Tower.
(d) That he believes the book, The Dogan, shows that Mr. Slightman is a traitor.
5. What is a main theme of this book by the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
(b) Stealing from others is immoral.
(c) Fighting against injustice.
(d) Honesty is always the best policy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland propose to do with the village children when the Wolves come?
2. What is Jake's main concern that he discusses with Roland during the trip into town?
3. Where does Roland send Eddie, Jake, and Susannah to in Part 2, Chapter 8?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 8, why doesn't Jake tell Roland what he saw?
5. After dinner in Part 2, Chapter 6, what do Eddie an Jamie do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 7, Jake is able to see into Susannah's dream. What does this tell the audience about Jake?
3. How does Eddie defeat Andy?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 3, and Part 2, Chapter 4, readers begin to learn Father Callahan's history. What is that history?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what is on Jake's mind?
6. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Roland want Eddie to do in Manhattan?
7. At the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1, what idea does Roland present to Father Callahan?
8. Who are the Sisters of Oriza?
9. What is the tale of Lady Oriza?
10. What does Susannah learn to do in Part 3, Chapter 1?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)