|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) That he is right to be concerned about Mr. Slightman.
(b) That the ka-tet will be ready when the Wolves come to Calla Bryn Sturgis.
(c) That he has his reasons for not telling Susannah about what is going on with her, but that if Jake feels she should know, he can tell her.
(d) That if Eddie wants to leave the ka-tet, he is free to do so.
2. When Callahan starts seeing the lost pet posters again, what does he do?
(a) He calls the number on them.
(b) He tears them down.
(c) He moves on.
(d) He covers them up.
3. What does Jake feel guilty about?
(a) That he betrayed his good friend Benny by telling Roland and the others about what he saw Benny's father doing.
(b) Jake does not feel guilty about anything at this point in the story.
(c) About having such a good time with his friend Benny while the other members of the ka-tet have so many responsibilities.
(d) About befriending Benny and then discovering what Mr. Slightman is up to.
4. Who does Roland initially ask to help guard the children during the battle with the Wolves?
(a) Mr. Overholser.
(b) Mr. Slightman.
5. What is Father Callahan's reaction to Roland's idea about Susannah?
(a) He does not think that Susannah will agree to it because she does not know she is pregnant.
(b) He fully supports it.
(c) He thinks that Roland should have the discussion with Eddie, not with himself.
(d) He is adamantly against it and tells Roland that if he puts the idea in Susannah's head, he will make sure the people of Calla Bryn Sturgis will not accept the ka-tet's help in ridding them of the Wolves.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what were the mobsters threatening Calvin Tower?
2. What is interesting about one of the books Calvin shows Eddie?
3. What is one of the important themes present in Part 3?
4. What does Roland do when Father Callahan leaves?
5. After dinner in Part 2 Chapter 9, what does Callahan do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what is on Jake's mind?
2. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns during this ride into town?
3. How does Callahan get Black Thirteen?
4. How does Roland think throwing the plate will help defeat the Wolves?
5. What is Father Callahan's response to Roland's request regarding Susannah and her pregnancy?
6. While Father Callahan is gone looking for Calvin Tower, what does Roland discover?
7. As Jake and Roland ride into town together, what is Jake concerned about that he discusses with Roland?
8. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 5, Tian Jaffords calls a town meeting to discuss the plan to battle the Wolves. What does Roland tell the crowd at this meeting?
10. What does Jamie Jaffords tell Eddie after Eddie and Susannah have dinner with Tian Jaffords and his family?
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)