|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Callahan stop drinking?
(a) After he cannot remember where Magruder's hospital is.
(b) After he has his religious vision.
(c) When he begins coughing up blood.
(d) When he wakes up with a hangover and has a seizure.
2. In Part 3, Chapter 6, what happens to Andy?
(a) Nothing happens to Andy.
(b) Andy leads the children, like the Pied Piper of Hamlin, right to the Wolves' lair.
(c) Eddy shoots out Andy's eyes and locks him up in Rosalita's outhouse where Eddie figures out Andy's secret password and shuts the robot down.
(d) Andy decides he doesn't think working with the Wolves to steal the children is right any longer, and he chooses to work with the ka-tet to defeat the Wolves.
3. What does Jake discover in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) That Tia is secretly plotting to kill her brother and his family in their sleep before the Wolves come again.
(b) An observation post called The Dogan that is filled with computer equipment; he then sees Mr. Slightman and Andy enter and listens as they make a report about everything that is going on in the village into one of the computer terminals.
(c) That while the town sleeps, the Wolves come and do reconnaissance on the village to make plans in order to prepare for their next raid.
(d) That Susannah has already had her baby, and that Susannah is no longer Susannah, but rather Mia permanently.
4. When Overholser approaches Roland at the gathering at the Pavillion, what does he tell Roland?
(a) That he thinks the children should be kept out in plain sight so that all can see where the Wolves will be heading when they come.
(b) That he strongly disagrees with Roland and the ka-tet trying to defeat the Wolves.
(c) That he thinks Roland and his ka-tet should leave, both for their own good and for the good of the village.
(d) That one of the men Roland asked to guard the children was ill and as such wouldn't be able to perform his guarding duties.
5. What does Susannah demonstrate for Roland, Eddie, and Jake at the Jaffords' farm?
(a) That she can walk.
(b) That she is very good at throwing plates.
(c) That she has an exceptional singing voice.
(d) That she can shoot a pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns in Part 2, Chapter 8?
2. During his visit to New York to see Magruder, Callahan takes a walk through NYC. During this walk, what happens to Callahan?
3. What does Jake discuss with Roland on the way to town in Part 2, Chapter 8?
4. What is Mrs. Eisenhart a member of?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 4, what does Jake do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 5, Tian Jaffords calls a town meeting to discuss the plan to battle the Wolves. What does Roland tell the crowd at this meeting?
2. How does Eddie defeat Andy?
3. What is the tale of Lady Oriza?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 7, Jake is able to see into Susannah's dream. What does this tell the audience about Jake?
5. When Oy leads Jake from his tent, where does he go and what does he witness?
6. What does Susannah learn to do in Part 3, Chapter 1?
7. Father Callahan has a very potent response to Roland's request regarding Susannah. Why does he have this poignant response?
8. What does Jamie Jaffords tell Eddie after Eddie and Susannah have dinner with Tian Jaffords and his family?
9. What is Roland's response to Jake's concerns during this ride into town?
10. Who are the Sisters of Oriza?
This section contains 1,311 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)