|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the important themes present in Part 3?
(a) Trust in yourself and in others.
(b) Deception is the only way to get things accomplished.
(c) There is no use in planning ahead.
(d) Confidence that leaders always know what they are doing and that they will always make choices for the good of their group.
2. What idea does Mrs. Eisenhart inspire in Roland?
(a) Lacing her bread with poison and giving it to the members of the village who do not want the gunslinger and his ka-tet to help the village.
(b) Using her sewing needles to defeat the Wolves.
(c) Using the method of throwing plates to help he and his ka-tet defeat the Wolves.
(d) Writing a law to prohibit the Wolves from entering the Calla.
3. Who does Roland initially ask to help guard the children during the battle with the Wolves?
(c) Mr. Slightman.
(d) Mr. Overholser.
4. What is Father Callahan's reaction to Roland's idea about Susannah?
(a) He does not think that Susannah will agree to it because she does not know she is pregnant.
(b) He thinks that Roland should have the discussion with Eddie, not with himself.
(c) He is adamantly against it and tells Roland that if he puts the idea in Susannah's head, he will make sure the people of Calla Bryn Sturgis will not accept the ka-tet's help in ridding them of the Wolves.
(d) He fully supports it.
5. What does Susannah demonstrate for Roland, Eddie, and Jake at the Jaffords' farm?
(a) That she can shoot a pistol.
(b) That she has an exceptional singing voice.
(c) That she can walk.
(d) That she is very good at throwing plates.
6. What does Eddie tell Roland about in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) That he wants to leave the ka-tet.
(b) That he does not agree that Susannah should have the abortion.
(c) That he agrees Susannah should have the abortion.
(d) What Jamie Jaffords told him about the Wolves.
7. What does Roland do when Father Callahan leaves?
(a) He starts to look for the bowling alley advertised on the bag that contains Black Thirteen.
(b) He sets off for the vacant lot to see if the rose is still there and if there have been any changes to it.
(c) He goes through the bookstore and finds a book he feels will be important later on; he then turns the book upside down so that he can locate it easily later.
(d) He goes out to a restaurant to eat.
8. What does Jake ask of Roland in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) If Roland will go todash one more time so that he can relive the last day of his previous life one more time before they continue on their journey.
(b) Jake asks Roland to promise him he will not shoot and kill Mr. Slightman.
(c) Jake asks Roland that if Susannah has her baby before they fight the Wolves to stay with her and help her care for it.
(d) That if the ka-tet defeats the Wolves, Roland will allow Jake to stay behind with Benny while the rest of the ka-tet travels on to locate the Dark Tower.
9. Where does Father Callahan discover Calvin Tower has gone?
(a) Topeka, Kansas.
(b) A small town in Maine.
(c) Las Vegas, Nevada.
(d) New Orleans, Louisiana.
10. While he is asleep in Part 2, Chapter 7, where does Jake go?
(a) Into the future to see how to defeat the Wolves.
(b) Back to Manhattan, to the day he died.
(c) To visit his parents.
(d) Inside of Susannah's dream.
11. What is Mrs. Eisenhart a member of?
(a) The Sisters of Oriza.
(b) A secret society of women who grow wheat to honor Lady Oriza.
(c) The town council.
(d) The Call Bryn Sturgis Sewing Circle.
12. What does Jamie know about the Wolves?
(a) He knows that they cannot be killed, even by a silver bullet.
(b) He knows what the Wolves do with the children.
(c) That when he was younger, he and his friends fought the Wolves, and the Wolves killed all of his friends; but first, one of the girls in the group threw a plate at a Wolf's head and chopped it off, and that is when Jamie saw what was underneath the Wolf's mask.
(d) He knows who controls the Wolves and why they come.
13. What does Jake's journey while asleep in Part 2 tell us about Jake?
(a) That he is able to go todash whenever he wants.
(b) That he is the only one who can defeat the Wolves.
(c) That he is a very gifted mind-reader.
(d) That he is the only member of the ka-tet that the people of the Calla will trust.
14. When Overholser approaches Roland at the gathering at the Pavillion, what does he tell Roland?
(a) That one of the men Roland asked to guard the children was ill and as such wouldn't be able to perform his guarding duties.
(b) That he thinks the children should be kept out in plain sight so that all can see where the Wolves will be heading when they come.
(c) That he thinks Roland and his ka-tet should leave, both for their own good and for the good of the village.
(d) That he strongly disagrees with Roland and the ka-tet trying to defeat the Wolves.
15. After dinner in Part 2, Chapter 6, what do Eddie an Jamie do?
(a) Smoke pipes and rock on the front porch.
(b) Sit around and talk.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Listen to the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Callahan starts seeing the lost pet posters again, what does he do?
2. How does Roland respond to this conversation with Overholser at the Pavillion?
3. What does Jake discuss with Roland on the way to town in Part 2, Chapter 8?
4. What is Jake's main concern that he discusses with Roland during the trip into town?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 8, why doesn't Jake tell Roland what he saw?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)