|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his visit to New York to see Magruder, Callahan takes a walk through NYC. During this walk, what happens to Callahan?
(a) He gets lost and cannot find his way back to the hospital Magruder is staying in.
(b) He gets very drunk and he begins to cough up blood, which scares him very badly.
(c) He is jumped on the street by two men who pull him into an empty laundromat and start to carve a swastika on his forehead.
(d) He has a vision where he sees God and recognizes the vision as his calling to clean up his life and get back to the priesthood where he belongs.
2. What is interesting about one of the books Calvin shows Eddie?
(a) It is a book that hasn't been written yet.
(b) It is not a rare book; it actually has millions of copies in print.
(c) The book is about Eddie's life.
(d) The title and cover page have an incorrect title on them, and the name of the author is different on the copyright and the cover page.
3. What is the subject of Roland's discussion with Father Callahan regarding Susannah at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Roland suggests the option of aborting Susannah/Mia's baby.
(b) Whether she is fit enough to fight the Wolves.
(c) Why she should leave the ka-tet.
(d) If she should teach others to throw the plate.
4. While he is asleep in Part 2, Chapter 7, where does Jake go?
(a) Into the future to see how to defeat the Wolves.
(b) Inside of Susannah's dream.
(c) To visit his parents.
(d) Back to Manhattan, to the day he died.
5. Why is throwing the plates so important?
(a) Because it gives the women a place in the story.
(b) Because it is a way for Roland and the ka-tet to make up for missing firepower.
(c) Because it is an ancient tradition that needs to be continued.
(d) Because if women don't continue to throw the plate, all of the Calla's crops will die.
6. What is a main theme of this book by the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
(b) Stealing from others is immoral.
(c) Fighting against injustice.
(d) Honesty is always the best policy.
7. What is one of the important themes present in Part 3?
(a) Confidence that leaders always know what they are doing and that they will always make choices for the good of their group.
(b) There is no use in planning ahead.
(c) Deception is the only way to get things accomplished.
(d) Trust in yourself and in others.
8. Why does Eddie want to send Father Callahan away?
(a) To locate Calvin Tower and check up on him.
(b) To see what Kansas has to do with the rest of their journey.
(c) To find the Walkin' Dude.
(d) To see if Callahan can locate his friend Magruder.
9. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
(a) Watching Jake while the rest of the ka-tet fights the Wolves.
(b) Her leaving Tian.
(c) Helping Susannah with her pregnancy.
(d) Showing Susannah how to throw plates.
10. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what object does Callahan show Roland?
(a) The rose from the vacant lot.
(b) Black Thirteen.
(c) A pistol.
(d) The Wizard and Glass.
11. Where does Father Callahan discover Calvin Tower has gone?
(a) Las Vegas, Nevada.
(b) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(c) Topeka, Kansas.
(d) A small town in Maine.
12. What does Jake's journey while asleep in Part 2 tell us about Jake?
(a) That he is the only one who can defeat the Wolves.
(b) That he is a very gifted mind-reader.
(c) That he is able to go todash whenever he wants.
(d) That he is the only member of the ka-tet that the people of the Calla will trust.
13. While Callahan is living in New Jersey, what does he notice about his surroundings?
(a) That day and night are reversed.
(b) That he is an alcoholic.
(c) That he is sleeping too much.
(d) That worlds shift around him.
14. What does Eddie convince Calvin to do?
(a) Join the ka-tet.
(b) Leave town.
(c) Sell his bookstore.
(d) Sell his rare book collection.
15. The night before the battle with the Wolves at the gathering at the Pavillion, what is the mood like?
(a) Subdued, but with an air of celebration.
(b) Somber and quiet.
(c) Jovial and happy.
(d) Lighthearted, but with very little laughter out loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what were the mobsters threatening Calvin Tower?
2. Where does Roland send Eddie, Jake, and Susannah to in Part 2, Chapter 8?
3. What does Jamie know about the Wolves?
4. What makes Callahan stop drinking?
5. What does the symbol on the box where Callahan keeps his special object mean?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)