|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Callahan returns, what does he find Eddie about to do?
(a) Help Susannah deliver her baby.
(b) Short-circuit Andy.
(c) Throw himself off a ledge.
(d) Pick the rose from the vacant lot.
2. After he visits with Callahan in Part 2, Chapter 4, where does Roland go?
(a) To see Tia.
(b) To Eisenhart's ranch.
(c) To see Rosalita.
(d) To see Susannah and Eddie.
3. What does Jake feel guilty about?
(a) About befriending Benny and then discovering what Mr. Slightman is up to.
(b) That he betrayed his good friend Benny by telling Roland and the others about what he saw Benny's father doing.
(c) About having such a good time with his friend Benny while the other members of the ka-tet have so many responsibilities.
(d) Jake does not feel guilty about anything at this point in the story.
4. When Roland and Jake get to the Jafford farm, what does Roland speak to Zalia about?
(a) Her leaving Tian.
(b) Watching Jake while the rest of the ka-tet fights the Wolves.
(c) Helping Susannah with her pregnancy.
(d) Showing Susannah how to throw plates.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what does Roland tell Eddie he wants him to do?
(a) Go through the Unfound Door and buy the vacant lot from the secondhand book store owner.
(b) Take Susannah and leave the ka-tet.
(c) Replace him as leader of the ka-tet should something happen to Roland.
(d) Keep an eye on Father Callahan and make sure he doesn't begin to turn the villagers against Roland and the rest of the ka-tet.
6. In Part 2, Chapter 8, why doesn't Jake tell Roland what he saw?
(a) Because he is afraid that if he says anything, Mr. Slightman will kill him.
(b) Because he no longer trusts Roland.
(c) Because he wants to get more information before he says anything to anyone.
(d) Because he doesn't want anything to jeopordize his friendship with Mr. Slightman's son, Benny.
7. How does Roland respond to this conversation with Overholser at the Pavillion?
(a) He quickly agrees to let Overholser take the sick man's place.
(b) He isn't sure how to respond to Overholser's confidence.
(c) He tells Overholser that he believes packing things up and leaving town will not solve anything.
(d) Roland does not believe that Father Callahan could have anything to do with the Wolves.
8. While Callahan is living in New Jersey, what does he notice about his surroundings?
(a) That day and night are reversed.
(b) That worlds shift around him.
(c) That he is sleeping too much.
(d) That he is an alcoholic.
9. What is Roland's response to Eddie's thoughts about Mr. Slightman being corrupt?
(a) He is disappointed in Eddie.
(b) It is alright, because they don't need the vacant lot anyway.
(c) Roland wonders where Topeka, Kansas, in 1917 fits into the puzzle of the Dark Tower, the Wolves, and Calla Bryn Sturgis.
(d) He agrees, but it is up to Jake to make the next move.
10. What does Susannah demonstrate for Roland, Eddie, and Jake at the Jaffords' farm?
(a) That she can shoot a pistol.
(b) That she is very good at throwing plates.
(c) That she has an exceptional singing voice.
(d) That she can walk.
11. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what object does Callahan show Roland?
(a) The Wizard and Glass.
(b) Black Thirteen.
(c) The rose from the vacant lot.
(d) A pistol.
12. After dinner in Part 2 Chapter 9, what does Callahan do?
(a) He gives Roland the key to the Dark Tower.
(b) He finishes telling his story.
(c) He goes to bed.
(d) He gives a moving sermon about strength and courage.
13. What does Jake discuss with Roland on the way to town in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(b) The Wolves.
(c) Mr. Slightman.
14. In Part 2, Chapter 6, with whom do Eddie and Susannah spend the night?
(a) Father Callahan.
(b) Tian Jaffords and his family.
15. After Jake wakes in Part 2, Chapter 7, who comes to lead him away?
Short Answer Questions
1. While he is asleep in Part 2, Chapter 7, where does Jake go?
2. What is one of the important themes present in Part 3?
3. With what were the mobsters threatening Calvin Tower?
4. What is a main theme of this book by the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
5. What makes Callahan stop drinking?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)