|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character hides when Jonas comes into the inn?
2. What does Rhea send Susan to fetch?
3. Who does Rhea see in the pink orb?
4. What causes Rhea's ball to go blank?
5. What kind of state was Susan in when Rhea gave her her instructions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Cuthbert and Alain worried about Roland?
2. What worries Jonas about the gunslingers in Chapter 3, Part 3?
3. Why does Roland not want Cuthbert to send for help?
4. What does Susan want to do to her aunt when she sees her sitting in her rocker?
5. How do the ranchers and the Big Coffin Hunters deal with Susan in this section?
6. What does Roland say happened to all the characters after he left the town?
7. How do Sheemie and Olive free Susan?
8. Why does Roland decide against dealing with the intruder in the bunkhouse?
9. How does Susan find out her father's death was no accident?
10. What do the Gunslingers see in the reception room of the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote WIZARD AND GLASS in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)