|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the interlude?
2. What game is Eldred Jonas playing at the Coral Thorin?
3. Why is it believable Thorin has a headache?
4. Where does Hash Renfrew say there are 600 horses?
5. What day does Rhea say the major should have sex with Susan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the shoes help Roland and his friends in the final section?
2. How does Jonas frame the Gunslingers for murder?
3. Why does Roland not want Cuthbert to send for help?
4. What does Roland find out about his future in this section?
5. How did Roland kill his mother?
6. What does Susan want to do to her aunt when she sees her sitting in her rocker?
7. How do the Gunslingers force Farson's men into the thinny?
8. Why does Roland decide against dealing with the intruder in the bunkhouse?
9. Why is Cuthbert jealous of Roland?
10. How does Rhea shock the Big Coffin Hunters in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ending of the novel.
1. Why do the student's think King references THE WIZARD OF OZ?
2. What meaning does King's reference to THE WIZARD OF OZ give to the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Roland's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Roland hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Roland ideas about life?
3. How has Roland's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
How does King use popular culture in the book? How does he create new meaning from the elements of popular culture he uses? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)