|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird does Depape try to shoot down?
2. Who does Rhea want to tell about Susan sleeping with Roland?
3. What does Roy try to force Sheemie to lick?
4. What is the title of the interlude?
5. Where does Susan have her hair cut?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Susan arrange to meet Roland at the orange grove?
2. What does Susan want to do to her aunt when she sees her sitting in her rocker?
3. What do the ranchers and Rimer talk about in the Traveller's Rest?
4. What is Farson's plan to deal with the gunslingers?
5. How do the Gunslingers deal with Rhea in this section?
6. Why is Cuthbert jealous of Roland?
7. How does Rhea's cat ruin her ball?
8. How does Cuthbert make Roland see his mistake?
9. How do the shoes help Roland and his friends in the final section?
10. What does Rhea see in her pink ball in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)