|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the inn the boys are staying at?
2. Who does Rhea see in the pink orb?
3. What word is Roland surprised that Susan knows?
4. Why is it believable Thorin has a headache?
5. What words are inscribed on the adobe arch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rhea think she can get back at Susan?
2. Why does Roland decide against dealing with the intruder in the bunkhouse?
3. What does Roland write in the message he sends home?
4. Why are Cuthbert and Alain worried about Roland?
5. What do the Gunslingers think about the ranchers in this section?
6. Describe Will and Susan's meeting at the Drop.
7. How does Susan please Rhea in this section?
8. How does Susan arrange to meet Roland at the orange grove?
9. How does the mayor disgust Susan in this section?
10. How does Susan help the boys in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
WIZARD AND GLASS is part of the fantasy genre.
1. What are the conventions of the genre in terms of character, language and plot?
2. In what way did the WIZARD AND GLASS help to set the template for similar books? Do modern books still use the ideas the author uses in WIZARD AND GLASS?
Essay Topic 2
The author wrote WIZARD AND GLASS in the third person. Why do you think the author chose to write the story in the third person? How do you think the meaning of the story would change if the author wrote it in the first person?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of King's previous books and contrast it to WIZARD AND GLASS in terms of the following;
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)