|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rhea hide the orb?
2. What causes Rhea's ball to go blank?
3. Wher does Cuthbert usually keep the rook's skull?
4. What does Susan say the mayor did when she visited him?
5. Who does Jonas want to manipulate into giving him information?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Susan arrange to meet Roland at the orange grove?
2. How does Susan please Rhea in this section?
3. How do the ranchers and the Big Coffin Hunters deal with Susan in this section?
4. How does Jonas frame the Gunslingers for murder?
5. How do the Gunslingers deal with Rhea in this section?
6. What does Roland find out about his future in this section?
7. How do the Gunslingers force Farson's men into the thinny?
8. What is Farson's plan to deal with the gunslingers?
9. What does Jonas do in the boys' bunrkoom in this section?
10. Describe Will and Susan's meeting at the Drop.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ending of the novel.
1. Why do the student's think King references THE WIZARD OF OZ?
2. What meaning does King's reference to THE WIZARD OF OZ give to the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Roland's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Roland hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Roland ideas about life?
3. How has Roland's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)