|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roy try to force Sheemie to lick?
2. What does Susan do after her argument with her aunt?
3. What kind of state was Susan in when Rhea gave her her instructions?
4. Who approaches Rhea's hut in this section?
5. What causes Rhea's ball to go blank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Farson's plan to deal with the gunslingers?
2. Why are Cuthbert and Alain worried about Roland?
3. How does Jonas frame the Gunslingers for murder?
4. How does Susan find out her father's death was no accident?
5. How does Rhea's cat ruin her ball?
6. How do the shoes help Roland and his friends in the final section?
7. How did Roland kill his mother?
8. What is the Gunslinger's plan to deal with Farson and his men?
9. How does Susan help the boys in this section?
10. What does Roland say happened to all the characters after he left the town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
WIZARD AND GLASS references many things in popular culture. Choose one of the following elements of popular and discuss how King uses the readers knowledge of these to create new meanings.
3. The wizard's glass.
Essay Topic 3
How accurate is Stephen King's representation of American town life? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)