|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character offers to guide Judge Gaunt to the transit terminal?
2. What does Shadow take away from Trock in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. According to Mio, who destroyed his father?
4. What announcement does Carr make at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What is Mio's opinion of faith?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of justice in the drama? How does the quest for justice motivate the characters? What differing opinions exist among the character about the nature of justice? What role does justice play in the final outcome of the drama?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the relationships between fathers and sons in the play. How do Mio and Garth's experiences with murder affect their relationships with their fathers? Which son appears to value his father more and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the personal philosophies presented in the play. How do these personal philosophies evolve and what factors affect their development? Discuss the struggle between the personal philosophies of the characters and their abilities to uphold these beliefs.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)