Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, who has Mio come to visit?
2. Why does Judge Gaunt ask for assistance in getting home?
3. Why does the Tramp laugh at the judge in Act 2?
4. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne fear will attempt to hurt Garth?
5. In Act 2, what excuse does Mio give for knocking on the apartment door?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of irony in the play. What ironies result from the conflict between Mio's desire for revenge and his love for Miriamne? What is the purpose of the ironies evident in the play? Is irony an effective tool for changing behavior?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Miriamne's compassion with Mio's desire for revenge. How do these two emotions conflict throughout the play? In the end, which emotion proves to be the strongest and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the relationships between fathers and sons in the play. How do Mio and Garth's experiences with murder affect their relationships with their fathers? Which son appears to value his father more and why?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)