Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, who has Mio come to visit?
2. Why does Judge Gaunt ask for assistance in getting home?
3. Why does the Tramp laugh at the judge in Act 2?
4. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne fear will attempt to hurt Garth?
5. In Act 2, what excuse does Mio give for knocking on the apartment door?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of justice in the drama? How does the quest for justice motivate the characters? What differing opinions exist among the character about the nature of justice? What role does justice play in the final outcome of the drama?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the relationships between fathers and sons in the play. How do Mio and Garth's experiences with murder affect their relationships with their fathers? Which son appears to value his father more and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the factors which motivate the characters in the play. How do these motivations develop and change through the course of the play. What lessons are learned by the characters as their motivations change?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)