|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, why doesn't Trock leave in the rain?
2. What name does Mio give Trock in Act 2?
3. In Act 2, what excuse does Mio give for knocking on the apartment door?
4. Why didn't Miriamne tell the police the truth about Garth?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, what advice does Mio give Miriamne about love?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use of fate and destiny in the play. What destinies are the characters fated to receive and what lessons are learned by the audience as a result? Does Anderson present destiny as a predetermined fate or a result of personal choices?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the personal philosophies presented in the play. How do these personal philosophies evolve and what factors affect their development? Discuss the struggle between the personal philosophies of the characters and their abilities to uphold these beliefs.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflict between hatred and forgiveness in the play. Describe how Mio's perceptions of hate and forgiveness change throughout the play. How does Trock's hatred affect his character and those around him? What roles do hatred and forgiveness play in the final outcome of the drama?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)