|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Judge Gaunt offer Esdras money?
2. What is Mio's opinion of faith?
3. Which character are the Policeman and the Sergeant searching for in Act 2?
4. How does Judge Gaunt explain Mio's murderous threats?
5. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne describe as "a king among men?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the setting of the play is designed to affect the mood of the drama. How do the character's placement onstage (blocking) affect the mood of the play? What role does music play in setting the mood of the play? How does mood and setting help express the themes being presented as the scenes change?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the references to death present in the play. Compare realistic references to death with figurative references to death. What do these references foreshadow for the characters either speaking about death or the characters being referred to in the line?
Essay Topic 3
What role does truth play in the drama? How does the quest for truth motivate the characters? How does truth inspire fear among some characters? What role does truth play in the final outcome of the play?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)