|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miriamne tell the tramp to lie down?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, who has Mio come to visit?
3. Who compliments Mio's father in Act 2?
4. Why can't anyone locate the dead body in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What does Miriamne offer Mio in Act 1, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Miriamne's compassion with Mio's desire for revenge. How do these two emotions conflict throughout the play? In the end, which emotion proves to be the strongest and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflict between love and duty in the play. Compare Mio and Miriamne's attitude towards love and duty in Act 2 with their attitudes at the end of Act 3. What role does the conflict between love and duty play in the final outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how deception is used among the characters in the drama. What contrasts in attitude exist about the acceptance of deception as a tool? What role does deception play in the final outcome of the play?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)