|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Mio threaten to murder in Act 2?
2. Why does Miriamne apologize to Esdras at the beginning of Act 2?
3. Which character offers to guide Judge Gaunt to the transit terminal?
4. According to Esdras, what is society built upon?
5. Who is accused of Shadow's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of justice in the drama? How does the quest for justice motivate the characters? What differing opinions exist among the character about the nature of justice? What role does justice play in the final outcome of the drama?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the references to death present in the play. Compare realistic references to death with figurative references to death. What do these references foreshadow for the characters either speaking about death or the characters being referred to in the line?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Anderson's style of writing imitates that of Shakespeare. How does Anderson's use of language, sentence structure, dramatic conventions, and character development mimic that of Shakespeare? What philosophies do Anderson and Shakespeare seem to share?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)