|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miriamne apologize to Esdras at the beginning of Act 2?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character does Trock motion towards as he exits?
3. What is Miriamne's ethnic background?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, who has Mio come to visit?
5. What announcement does Carr make at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how radical behavior among the characters (radicalism) is used to express the themes of the play. What is the rationale behind the radical behavior exhibited by some characters? How might Anderson's personal experiences have affected his characters' acceptance of radicalism?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how deception is used among the characters in the drama. What contrasts in attitude exist about the acceptance of deception as a tool? What role does deception play in the final outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of justice in the drama? How does the quest for justice motivate the characters? What differing opinions exist among the character about the nature of justice? What role does justice play in the final outcome of the drama?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)