|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, who has Mio come to visit?
2. Why does Judge Gaunt ask for assistance in getting home?
3. Why does the Tramp laugh at the judge in Act 2?
4. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne fear will attempt to hurt Garth?
5. In Act 2, what excuse does Mio give for knocking on the apartment door?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflict between hatred and forgiveness in the play. Describe how Mio's perceptions of hate and forgiveness change throughout the play. How does Trock's hatred affect his character and those around him? What roles do hatred and forgiveness play in the final outcome of the drama?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the setting of the play is designed to affect the mood of the drama. How do the character's placement onstage (blocking) affect the mood of the play? What role does music play in setting the mood of the play? How does mood and setting help express the themes being presented as the scenes change?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of justice in the drama? How does the quest for justice motivate the characters? What differing opinions exist among the character about the nature of justice? What role does justice play in the final outcome of the drama?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)