|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, why does Miriamne pull Mio into the shadows?
2. What happened the last time Trock asked someone if he was all through?
3. What is Esdras speaking about with Miriamne at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What name does Mio give Trock in Act 2?
5. At the end of Act 1, why does Mio remain outside after all the other characters have left?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are suspense and fear used to motivate characters and progress the action of the play? How is suspense built onstage by using offstage characters and sounds? How does suspense add interest to the play and help express the themes of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how deception is used among the characters in the drama. What contrasts in attitude exist about the acceptance of deception as a tool? What role does deception play in the final outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how class differences are demonstrated and utilized in the play. How do the privileged characters treat the disadvantaged characters? How do the disadvantaged characters treat the privileged characters? Is privilege presented as a result of choice or fate?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)