Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, who has Mio come to visit?
2. Why does Judge Gaunt ask for assistance in getting home?
3. Why does the Tramp laugh at the judge in Act 2?
4. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne fear will attempt to hurt Garth?
5. In Act 2, what excuse does Mio give for knocking on the apartment door?
What purpose does poetic language serve in the play? At what points is prose interspersed with verse? How is prose used in the play? Why did Anderson choose to switch between the use of verse and prose?
Discuss the conflict between love and duty in the play. Compare Mio and Miriamne's attitude towards love and duty in Act 2 with their attitudes at the end of Act 3. What role does the conflict between love and duty play in the final outcome of the play?
Discuss the use of fate and destiny in the play. What destinies are the characters fated to receive and what lessons are learned by the audience as a result? Does Anderson present destiny as a predetermined fate or a result of personal choices?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)