|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, whom does Shadow say he is keeping out of trouble?
2. Why can't anyone locate the dead body in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What happened the last time Trock asked someone if he was all through?
4. What is Mio really searching for when he knocks on the apartment door in Chapter 2?
5. In Act 2, why doesn't Trock leave in the rain?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how deception is used among the characters in the drama. What contrasts in attitude exist about the acceptance of deception as a tool? What role does deception play in the final outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the setting of the play is designed to affect the mood of the drama. How do the character's placement onstage (blocking) affect the mood of the play? What role does music play in setting the mood of the play? How does mood and setting help express the themes being presented as the scenes change?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of justice in the drama? How does the quest for justice motivate the characters? What differing opinions exist among the character about the nature of justice? What role does justice play in the final outcome of the drama?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)