|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened the last time Trock asked someone if he was all through?
2. What does Miriamne give Mio before he leaves in Act 2?
3. What does Esdras offer to give Judge Gaunt before they leave?
4. In Act 2, which character is a guest in the apartment?
5. Who let the Tramp stay in the apartment last winter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how deception is used among the characters in the drama. What contrasts in attitude exist about the acceptance of deception as a tool? What role does deception play in the final outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Miriamne's compassion with Mio's desire for revenge. How do these two emotions conflict throughout the play? In the end, which emotion proves to be the strongest and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the balance between hope and despair evident in the play. How does the action and dialogue of the play affect that balance? How is the balance between hope and despair used to express the themes of the play? In the end, which emotion do the remaining characters experience and why?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)