|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened the last time Trock asked someone if he was all through?
2. Why does Mio retract his murder threat?
3. Who tells Mio to leave the apartment?
4. Which character offers to guide Judge Gaunt to the transit terminal?
5. Who does Miriamne kiss in Act 1, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how radical behavior among the characters (radicalism) is used to express the themes of the play. What is the rationale behind the radical behavior exhibited by some characters? How might Anderson's personal experiences have affected his characters' acceptance of radicalism?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflict between love and duty in the play. Compare Mio and Miriamne's attitude towards love and duty in Act 2 with their attitudes at the end of Act 3. What role does the conflict between love and duty play in the final outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
What role does truth play in the drama? How does the quest for truth motivate the characters? How does truth inspire fear among some characters? What role does truth play in the final outcome of the play?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)