|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miriamne offer Mio in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Which character offers to guide Judge Gaunt to the transit terminal?
3. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne describe as "a king among men?"
4. What is Mio really searching for when he knocks on the apartment door in Chapter 2?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character does Trock motion towards as he exits?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are suspense and fear used to motivate characters and progress the action of the play? How is suspense built onstage by using offstage characters and sounds? How does suspense add interest to the play and help express the themes of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Miriamne's compassion with Mio's desire for revenge. How do these two emotions conflict throughout the play? In the end, which emotion proves to be the strongest and why?
Essay Topic 3
What role does truth play in the drama? How does the quest for truth motivate the characters? How does truth inspire fear among some characters? What role does truth play in the final outcome of the play?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)