|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Miriamne tell the police the truth about Garth?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, whom does Shadow say he is keeping out of trouble?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, why does Miriamne pull Mio into the shadows?
4. Why does the Tramp enter the apartment in Act 2?
5. What is Mio's full first name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how deception is used among the characters in the drama. What contrasts in attitude exist about the acceptance of deception as a tool? What role does deception play in the final outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the balance between hope and despair evident in the play. How does the action and dialogue of the play affect that balance? How is the balance between hope and despair used to express the themes of the play? In the end, which emotion do the remaining characters experience and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of the relationships between fathers and sons in the play. How do Mio and Garth's experiences with murder affect their relationships with their fathers? Which son appears to value his father more and why?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)