|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters tell Mio his father was guilty?
2. In Act 2, which character is a guest in the apartment?
3. What do Lucia and Piny take away at the end of Act 1?
4. What happened the last time Trock asked someone if he was all through?
5. What does Miriamne offer Mio in Act 1, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Discuss the conflict between hatred and forgiveness in the play. Describe how Mio's perceptions of hate and forgiveness change throughout the play. How does Trock's hatred affect his character and those around him? What roles do hatred and forgiveness play in the final outcome of the drama?
Essay Topic 2Discuss the references to death present in the play. Compare realistic references to death with figurative references to death. What do these references foreshadow for the characters either speaking about death or the characters being referred to in the line?
Essay Topic 3Discuss the personal philosophies presented in the play. How do these personal philosophies evolve and what factors affect their development? Discuss the struggle between the personal philosophies of the characters and their abilities to uphold these beliefs.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)