|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Judge Gaunt's critics, which character should have been called as a witness in Romagna's trial?
2. What is the Tramp's name?
3. Who let the Tramp stay in the apartment last winter?
4. What animal does Mio compare himself to in Act 2?
5. In Act 2, why doesn't Trock leave in the rain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how radical behavior among the characters (radicalism) is used to express the themes of the play. What is the rationale behind the radical behavior exhibited by some characters? How might Anderson's personal experiences have affected his characters' acceptance of radicalism?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of fate and destiny in the play. What destinies are the characters fated to receive and what lessons are learned by the audience as a result? Does Anderson present destiny as a predetermined fate or a result of personal choices?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the setting of the play is designed to affect the mood of the drama. How do the character's placement onstage (blocking) affect the mood of the play? What role does music play in setting the mood of the play? How does mood and setting help express the themes being presented as the scenes change?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)