|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, who begins to defend the Policeman?
2. What does Trock tell the Two Young Men to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who is "the doc at the gate?"
4. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, what item is in need of repair?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Mio, what destroyed his father?
2. What advice does Mio offer Miriamne in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Why does Mio feel he is about to die in Act 3?
4. What does Garth confess to Miriamne in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why does Trock want to wait until the rain slacks up before he leaves the apartment in Act 2?
6. Why do the Policeman and the Radical argue in Act 1, Scene 3?
7. What advice does Lucia give Piny in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. Describe Shadow.
9. What point does Esdras make about justice in his final monologue?
10. In Act 2, what delusion does Mio join in with the judge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how deception is used among the characters in the drama. What contrasts in attitude exist about the acceptance of deception as a tool? What role does deception play in the final outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of justice in the drama? How does the quest for justice motivate the characters? What differing opinions exist among the character about the nature of justice? What role does justice play in the final outcome of the drama?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the personal philosophies presented in the play. How do these personal philosophies evolve and what factors affect their development? Discuss the struggle between the personal philosophies of the characters and their abilities to uphold these beliefs.
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)