|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gaunt ask the Tramp?
2. What explanation does Trock give for returning to the area?
3. How does Shadow describe Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Trock tell the Two Young Men to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is the Tramp doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Miriamne in the way of Mio's goal?
2. Why does Mio visit the apartment in the beginning of Act 2?
3. How does Miriamne react to Shadow's eulogy?
4. What does Garth confess to Miriamne in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Piny view Trock and Shadow?
6. How does Shadow attempt to keep Trock out of trouble?
7. What is Mio's personal philosophy about faith?
8. Why doesn't the Policeman find Shadow's body in Act 2?
9. Why does Mio feel he is about to die in Act 3?
10. How does Trock's health affect his attitude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Anderson's style of writing imitates that of Shakespeare. How does Anderson's use of language, sentence structure, dramatic conventions, and character development mimic that of Shakespeare? What philosophies do Anderson and Shakespeare seem to share?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how deception is used among the characters in the drama. What contrasts in attitude exist about the acceptance of deception as a tool? What role does deception play in the final outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
What role does truth play in the drama? How does the quest for truth motivate the characters? How does truth inspire fear among some characters? What role does truth play in the final outcome of the play?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)