|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the police told Lucia to stop doing?
2. What is Garth inspecting when Miriamne arrives?
3. Where does Garth tell Miriamne to go in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, who calls Miriamne back into the apartment?
5. Who dances with Miriamne during Lucia's last performance?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Mio, what destroyed his father?
2. Describe Trock.
3. What information does Garth give Mio about his involvement with Romanga's case in the beginning of Act 2?
4. What is Esdras' opinion about justice in society?
5. Describe Shadow.
6. Describe Mio's eulogy for Shadow.
7. In Act 1, Scene 3, what have the authorities ordered Lucia to do?
8. Why is Mio murdered?
9. Why is Miriamne's father afraid of shadows?
10. What is Judge Gaunt's opinion of the Romanga case?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of justice in the drama? How does the quest for justice motivate the characters? What differing opinions exist among the character about the nature of justice? What role does justice play in the final outcome of the drama?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of irony in the play. What ironies result from the conflict between Mio's desire for revenge and his love for Miriamne? What is the purpose of the ironies evident in the play? Is irony an effective tool for changing behavior?
Essay Topic 3
What role does truth play in the drama? How does the quest for truth motivate the characters? How does truth inspire fear among some characters? What role does truth play in the final outcome of the play?
This section contains 1,918 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)