|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character surprises the cast with an appearance in Act 2?
(a) The mayor.
2. Who does Miriamne kiss in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A sailor.
3. When Mio was four, where did he visit his father?
(a) Near the river.
(b) In a park.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In prison.
4. Why didn't Miriamne tell the police the truth about Garth?
(a) She couldn't turn her brother in.
(b) She hates the police.
(c) She feared for his life.
(d) To honor her father.
5. What animal does Mio compare himself to in Act 2?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bug.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miriamne offer Mio in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. According to Judge Gaunt's critics, which character should have been called as a witness in Romagna's trial?
3. How does Judge Gaunt explain Mio's murderous threats?
4. Why does Mio swear at Miriamne?
5. What has Professor Hobhouse written?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)