|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, why does Mio remain outside after all the other characters have left?
(a) He claims to have business in the neighborhood.
(b) He is waiting for Miriamne.
(c) He wants to see the body for himself.
(d) He has nowhere to go.
2. What does Esdras offer to give Judge Gaunt before they leave?
(a) A drink.
(c) The letter.
(d) A coat.
3. According to Esdras, what is society built upon?
(d) The backs of the dead.
4. What is the Tramp's name?
5. Why does Judge Gaunt offer Esdras money?
(a) Esdras took care of him.
(b) He feels guilty about the case.
(c) He knows Garth has stolen money from Esdras.
(d) To keep quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miriamne tell the tramp to lie down?
2. What does Miriamne give Mio before he leaves in Act 2?
3. Who does Miriamne kiss in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Which character offers to guide Judge Gaunt to the transit terminal?
5. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne describe as "a king among men?"
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)