|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Esdras offer to give Judge Gaunt before they leave?
(a) A coat.
(c) The letter.
(d) A drink.
2. What has Professor Hobhouse written?
(a) A book about Romagna's case.
(b) An article about Judge Gaunt.
(c) An article about Romagna's case.
(d) A play about the murder trial.
3. What is Mio's opinion of faith?
(a) Faith is only as strong as the will.
(b) Faith is the root of life's tree.
(c) Faith is easy for a fool.
(d) Faith is a refuge for the crippled.
4. What did Mio's father leave behind when he died?
(a) A trust fund.
(b) His love.
(c) A letter.
5. What is Esdras speaking about with Miriamne at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The Talmud.
(b) Her future.
(d) The murder case.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character surprises the cast with an appearance in Act 2?
2. Where does Miriamne tell the tramp to lie down?
3. Why does Judge Gaunt ask for assistance in getting home?
4. In Act 2, why doesn't Trock leave in the rain?
5. What does Mio realize about Miriamne and Garth in Act 2?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)