|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Mio threaten to murder in Act 2?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
2. Why does Mio swear at Miriamne?
(a) She is betraying her own flesh and blood.
(b) He realizes she knows who he is.
(c) He wants her to stay at home.
(d) An incomplete letter is useless.
3. What is Mio really searching for when he knocks on the apartment door in Chapter 2?
(a) The truth about the pay roll robbery murder.
(c) Trock's letter.
(d) A place to sleep.
4. Why does Judge Gaunt ask for assistance in getting home?
(a) He fears the neighborhood.
(b) He is weak.
(c) He doesn't trust Trock to keep his word.
(d) He can't remember how he got to the apartment.
5. In Act 2, which character is a guest in the apartment?
(b) Judge Gaunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miriamne apologize to Esdras at the beginning of Act 2?
2. According to Judge Gaunt's critics, which character should have been called as a witness in Romagna's trial?
3. What announcement does Carr make at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what is heard after Trock exits?
5. What is Esdras speaking about with Miriamne at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)