|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't anyone locate the dead body in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) It fell in the river.
(b) The car was on fire.
(c) Two young men in blue serge took it away.
(d) Shadow took it away.
2. What happened the last time Trock asked someone if he was all through?
(a) Trock hit him.
(b) The police came.
(c) Trock ran off.
(d) That person died.
3. Why does Miriamne apologize to Esdras at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She cannot agree with his views.
(b) She wasn't listening to him.
(c) She does not want to follow his advice.
(d) She feels he is wrong.
4. What has Professor Hobhouse written?
(a) A play about the murder trial.
(b) A book about Romagna's case.
(c) An article about Judge Gaunt.
(d) An article about Romagna's case.
5. In Act 2, how does Mio keep Trock from leaving the room?
(a) By locking the door.
(b) By blocking the doorway.
(c) By threatening to call the police.
(d) With Trock's own gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Tramp laugh at the judge in Act 2?
2. What is Mio's opinion of faith?
3. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne fear will attempt to hurt Garth?
4. In the beginning of Act 2, what sound can be heard offstage?
5. Why does Garth claim he was taken in for questioning at the time of the pay roll robbery murder?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)