|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mio's opinion of faith?
(a) Faith is easy for a fool.
(b) Faith is the root of life's tree.
(c) Faith is a refuge for the crippled.
(d) Faith is only as strong as the will.
2. What has Professor Hobhouse written?
(a) A book about Romagna's case.
(b) An article about Romagna's case.
(c) An article about Judge Gaunt.
(d) A play about the murder trial.
3. In Act 2, how does Mio keep Trock from leaving the room?
(a) By threatening to call the police.
(b) With Trock's own gun.
(c) By blocking the doorway.
(d) By locking the door.
4. Who offers Judge Gaunt food in Act 2?
(d) The tramp.
5. Why does the Tramp enter the apartment in Act 2?
(a) Esdras needs him to deliver a message.
(b) To deliver a message.
(c) He is bleeding and needs help.
(d) He is looking for a place to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miriamne give Mio before he leaves in Act 2?
2. Why can't anyone locate the dead body in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Why didn't the Sergeant find Shadow's body in the room?
4. Which character are the Policeman and the Sergeant searching for in Act 2?
5. When Mio was four, where did he visit his father?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)