|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
(a) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
(b) On the roof of the tenement building.
(c) On top of the bridge.
(d) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
2. Why does Trock fear death?
(a) He is too young to die.
(b) He has no faith.
(c) His father died before he had a chance to really live.
(d) He knows he would be executed if sent back to prison.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, what prop does the Radical present to the Policeman?
(a) A toy dagger.
(b) A white flag.
(c) A toy gun.
(d) A small American flag.
4. How do Trock and Shadow make Piny feel?
5. Who is sitting alone at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mio?
2. Why doesn't Miriamne want to come back inside the apartment?
3. Who defends the Radical against the Policeman in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What claim does Garth make about his future in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mio's personal philosophy about faith?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Piny view Trock and Shadow?
3. Describe Shadow.
4. What information does Garth give Mio about his involvement with Romanga's case in the beginning of Act 2?
5. Describe Mio's eulogy for Shadow.
6. Why does Trock shout at the city in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. What is Miriamne's personal philosophy about truth?
8. Why doesn't the Policeman find Shadow's body in Act 2?
9. What "business" does Mio have to take care of at the end of Act 1?
10. What does the conversation between Mio and Carr reveal about Mio's past in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)