|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Trock give for returning to the area?
(a) His doctor recommended local treatment.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He wants to find out if there is any evidence to convict him.
(d) He wants to reconnect with his childhood.
2. Who sent Garth a letter?
(a) A lawyer.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, who begins to defend the Policeman?
(c) Judge Gaunt.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, to what does Garth attribute his father's fears?
(a) The weather.
(b) Miriamne's absence.
(c) The cost of repairs.
(d) The bill collector.
5. What does Garth know about Romagna?
(a) He was a thief.
(b) He was innocent.
(c) He was part of the gang.
(d) He murdered a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mio's purpose in life?
2. What does Trock ask both Esdras and Miriamne to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, who calls Miriamne back into the apartment?
4. How does Shadow describe Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. In what month is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Piny view Trock and Shadow?
2. How is Miriamne in the way of Mio's goal?
3. Why does Garth want to have his violin repaired?
4. Why does Miriamne suddenly tell Mio she can no longer see him near the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How does Shadow attempt to keep Trock out of trouble?
6. What was in the letter Miriamne found on Garth's floor?
7. How does Miriamne attempt to cheer Mio after Judge Gaunt and Esdras leave the apartment in the middle of Act 2?
8. Why does Miriamne sit alone outside the apartment in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
9. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Lucia view Trock and Shadow?
10. What does Garth confess to Miriamne in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)