|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who believes that it is better to tell a lie and live, rather than speak the truth and die?
2. What is Mio's purpose in life?
(a) To confront the man who murdered his father.
(b) To prove his father's innocence.
(c) To keep his father's identity safe.
(d) To find his father.
3. How does Miriamne know about the letter?
(a) She saw the pieces in the trash can.
(b) She found it on the floor of Garth's room.
(c) It fell as she was making Garth's bed.
(d) She fished it out of the commode.
4. What is Garth inspecting when Miriamne arrives?
(a) The kitchen sink.
(b) The street scene.
(c) His violin.
(d) His piano.
5. What time of day does the play open?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Early morning.
(c) Early evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent Garth a letter?
2. In what month is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, where does Shadow reveal Trock has just been?
4. Whom does the Radical accuse of capitalist oppression?
5. Why does Trock shout in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mio's goal change in Act 3?
2. Why doesn't the Policeman find Shadow's body in Act 2?
3. How is Trock surprised in Act 2?
4. Describe Piny.
5. Describe Lucia.
6. What advice does Lucia give Piny in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. Why is Shadow concerned about Trock's shouting in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. In Act 1, Scene 3, what have the authorities ordered Lucia to do?
9. How does Shadow attempt to keep Trock out of trouble?
10. What happens to Shadow at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)