|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garth confess to Miriamne at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is afraid of Trock.
(b) He would rather die than go back to prison.
(c) He was an accessory to murder during a robbery.
(d) He is ready to leave town.
2. Who is Mio?
(a) Carr's cousin.
(b) Romagna's son.
(c) Garth's half-brother.
(d) A gang member.
3. Why does Trock feel poisoned?
(a) Life is too short.
(b) His drink tastes odd.
(c) His friends have abandoned him.
(d) Prison life poisoned him.
4. Who defends the Radical against the Policeman in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
5. Who whispers about Miriamne behind her back?
(d) Kids at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who murdered a man during a robbery?
2. Where does Garth tell Miriamne to go in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Where is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
4. What has reportedly happened to Judge Gaunt?
5. What does Garth know about Romagna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Shadow at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Why does Trock shout at the city in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Why does the Tramp come to the apartment in Act 2?
4. Why does Carr whistle "Star Spangled Banner" as he exits in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How does Shadow attempt to keep Trock out of trouble?
6. What was in the letter Miriamne found on Garth's floor?
7. How does Trock's health affect his attitude?
8. Why is Miriamne's father afraid of shadows?
9. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Lucia view Trock and Shadow?
10. Why does Miriamne sit alone outside the apartment in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)