|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "the doc at the gate?"
(a) The doorman of the apartment.
(b) Saint Peter.
(c) The prison doctor.
(d) The physician at the local hospital.
2. What time of day does the play open?
(b) Early evening.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Late afternoon.
3. Who is sitting alone at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Where does Garth tell Miriamne to go in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To school.
(c) To the store.
(d) Into her bedroom.
5. How does Lucia describe Trock and Shadow in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) As a nice boy.
(b) As the bees knees.
(c) A the strangest bird he's seen all day.
(d) As something the river washed up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What claim does Garth make about his future in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Miriamne without success?
3. What does Trock ask both Esdras and Miriamne to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Carr prevent the policeman from doing in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Which character's nosiness is annoying both Trock and Garth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mio react to Judge Gaunt's opinion of the Romanga case?
2. How is Trock surprised in Act 2?
3. What "business" does Mio have to take care of at the end of Act 1?
4. How does Miriamne attempt to cheer Mio after Judge Gaunt and Esdras leave the apartment in the middle of Act 2?
5. What happens to Shadow at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
6. Describe Lucia.
7. Why does Trock want to wait until the rain slacks up before he leaves the apartment in Act 2?
8. Why does Miriamne suddenly tell Mio she can no longer see him near the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
9. How does Judge Gaunt react to the argument between the Policeman and the other characters in Act 1, Scene 3?
10. Why did Garth tell Esdras his secret?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)