|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Trock threaten to do to anyone who listens in on his conversation?
(a) Shoot them through the door.
(b) Stab them.
(c) Throw them out the window.
(d) Call the police.
2. How does Garth defend himself against Trock's accusations?
(a) He reminds Trock who is the leader.
(b) He points out that he destroyed the letter.
(c) He lists all the things he has done for Trock.
(d) He points out that Romagna is already dead.
3. What does Lucia get to do "every day in every way?"
(a) Make friends.
(b) Raise hell.
(c) Eat well.
(d) Bring joy.
4. What type of language is used in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who is "the doc at the gate?"
(a) The doorman of the apartment.
(b) The physician at the local hospital.
(c) The prison doctor.
(d) Saint Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Trock give for returning to the area?
2. In Act 1, Scene 1, where are the Two Young Men?
3. What does Carr prevent the policeman from doing in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Where does Garth tell Miriamne to go in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Gaunt ask the Tramp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Judge Gaunt's opinion of the Romanga case?
2. Why is Miriamne murdered?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Lucia view Trock and Shadow?
4. Why does Mio pray for Esdras in Act 3?
5. Why does the Tramp come to the apartment in Act 2?
6. What advice does Lucia give Piny in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. Why does Garth want to have his violin repaired?
8. How has Professor Hobhouse unnerved both Trock and Garth?
9. Describe Judge Gaunt.
10. Why does Trock bring Judge Gaunt and Esdras back to the apartment in Act 2?
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)