|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character's nosiness is annoying both Trock and Garth?
(b) A university professor.
2. How is Miriamne related to Garth?
(a) She and Garth are lovers.
(b) She is Garth's sister.
(c) She is Garth's fiancée.
(d) She is Garth's cousin.
3. Where is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
(a) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
(b) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
(c) On top of the bridge.
(d) On the roof of the tenement building.
4. Who is "the doc at the gate?"
(a) Saint Peter.
(b) The doorman of the apartment.
(c) The physician at the local hospital.
(d) The prison doctor.
5. What opinion does Trock have about Shadow?
(a) Shadow doesn't take life seriously enough.
(b) Shadow is losing his mind.
(c) Shadow is like a brother.
(d) Shadow is annoying, but necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garth confess to Miriamne at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How does Miriamne know about the letter?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, who is looking for the two girls from the beginning of the scene?
4. Why does Trock shout in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Garth know about Romagna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lucia.
2. Why does Carr whistle "Star Spangled Banner" as he exits in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What information does Garth give Mio about his involvement with Romanga's case in the beginning of Act 2?
4. Why does the Tramp come to the apartment in Act 2?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Piny view Trock and Shadow?
6. What does the conversation between Mio and Carr reveal about Mio's past in Act 1, Scene 3?
7. What is Mio's opinion of his father's trial?
8. In Act 2, what delusion does Mio join in with the judge?
9. How does Judge Gaunt react to Mio's death threat in the beginning of Act 2?
10. Describe Trock.
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)