|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, who is looking for the two girls from the beginning of the scene?
3. What did Garth do to the letter?
(a) He tore it up.
(b) He hid it under his mattress.
(c) He flushed it down the commode.
(d) He burned it.
4. What explanation does Trock give for returning to the area?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He wants to reconnect with his childhood.
(c) He wants to find out if there is any evidence to convict him.
(d) His doctor recommended local treatment.
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, who asks Miriamne to leave the room?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Garth tell Miriamne to go in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How does Miriamne know about the letter?
3. Why doesn't Miriamne want to come back inside the apartment?
4. What does Garth know about Romagna?
5. Why does Trock shout in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Mio, what destroyed his father?
2. What was in the letter Miriamne found on Garth's floor?
3. What is Mio's personal philosophy about faith?
4. Why does Mio visit the apartment in the beginning of Act 2?
5. Why is Miriamne's father afraid of shadows?
6. How does Judge Gaunt react to the argument between the Policeman and the other characters in Act 1, Scene 3?
7. What is Miriamne's personal philosophy about truth?
8. Describe Judge Gaunt.
9. How does Shadow attempt to keep Trock out of trouble?
10. How does Judge Gaunt react to Mio's death threat in the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 1,275 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)