|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Garth like to teach?
(a) Piano lessons.
(b) Violin lessons.
(c) Elementary school.
2. What does Trock tell Shadow will happen in six months?
(a) The world will end.
(b) He will be tried for murder.
(c) He will get married.
(d) He will die.
3. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
(a) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
(b) On top of the bridge.
(c) On the roof of the tenement building.
(d) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
4. Whom did Garth tell the truth about Romanga's case?
(a) No one.
5. Who murdered a man during a robbery?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, who is looking for the two girls from the beginning of the scene?
2. Who is Mio?
3. Why doesn't Miriamne want to come back inside the apartment?
4. How does Shadow describe Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Trock threaten to do to anyone who listens in on his conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Lucia view Trock and Shadow?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what advice does Esdras give Garth about his sense of guilt?
3. What is Mio's opinion of his father's trial?
4. Why does Trock bring Judge Gaunt and Esdras back to the apartment in Act 2?
5. What advice does Lucia give Piny in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. Describe Trock.
7. What does the conversation between Mio and Carr reveal about Mio's past in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. Why does Trock shout at the city in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. What was in the letter Miriamne found on Garth's floor?
10. Why is Miriamne's father afraid of shadows?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)