|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern does Shadow have about Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is concerned about Trock's health.
(b) He fears Trock will shoot him.
(c) He fears shouting will land Trock back in prison.
(d) He thinks Trock is losing his mind.
2. What is Mio's purpose in life?
(a) To keep his father's identity safe.
(b) To find his father.
(c) To prove his father's innocence.
(d) To confront the man who murdered his father.
3. What does Garth confess to Miriamne at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He would rather die than go back to prison.
(b) He is afraid of Trock.
(c) He is ready to leave town.
(d) He was an accessory to murder during a robbery.
4. How does Garth defend himself against Trock's accusations?
(a) He points out that Romagna is already dead.
(b) He points out that he destroyed the letter.
(c) He lists all the things he has done for Trock.
(d) He reminds Trock who is the leader.
5. How does Miriamne know about the letter?
(a) She saw the pieces in the trash can.
(b) It fell as she was making Garth's bed.
(c) She fished it out of the commode.
(d) She found it on the floor of Garth's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Garth know about Romagna?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, who asks Miriamne to leave the room?
3. What does Gaunt ask the Tramp?
4. Where does Lucia imagine Trock was raised?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, what item is in need of repair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Professor Hobhouse's article affected Judge Gaunt?
2. Why is Mio murdered?
3. In Act 2, what delusion does Mio join in with the judge?
4. Describe Judge Gaunt.
5. Describe Trock.
6. In Act 1, Scene 3, what have the authorities ordered Lucia to do?
7. How does Shadow attempt to keep Trock out of trouble?
8. How does Miriamne react to Shadow's eulogy?
9. How does Judge Gaunt react to Mio's death threat in the beginning of Act 2?
10. Why does Mio feel he is about to die in Act 3?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)