|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Trock and Shadow make Piny feel?
2. What explanation does Trock give for returning to the area?
(a) He wants to reconnect with his childhood.
(b) His doctor recommended local treatment.
(c) He wants to find out if there is any evidence to convict him.
(d) He is in love.
3. Why does Trock shout in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is railing against stupidity.
(b) He sees what he thinks is a ghost.
(c) He is startled by Shadow's entrance.
(d) He is raging against love.
4. What does Lucia get to do "every day in every way?"
(a) Raise hell.
(b) Make friends.
(c) Bring joy.
(d) Eat well.
5. What offense is the Radical accused of committing?
(a) Speaking without a flag.
(b) Disturbing the peace.
(c) Assaulting an officer.
(d) Inciting a riot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opinion does Trock have about Shadow?
2. How does Trock respond to Shadow's concern in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Lucia tell Piny to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who is Mio?
5. What does Carr prevent the policeman from doing in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in the letter Miriamne found on Garth's floor?
2. Describe Shadow.
3. How does Miriamne attempt to cheer Mio after Judge Gaunt and Esdras leave the apartment in the middle of Act 2?
4. What is Mio's opinion of his father's trial?
5. How does Judge Gaunt react to the argument between the Policeman and the other characters in Act 1, Scene 3?
6. Why does Mio visit the apartment in the beginning of Act 2?
7. How does Trock's health affect his attitude?
8. Why does Miriamne sit alone outside the apartment in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
9. What is Esdras' opinion about justice in society?
10. How does Judge Gaunt react to Mio's death threat in the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)