|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the Radical accuse of capitalist oppression?
(c) The Policeman.
(d) Judge Gaunt.
2. How does Miriamne know about the letter?
(a) It fell as she was making Garth's bed.
(b) She fished it out of the commode.
(c) She found it on the floor of Garth's room.
(d) She saw the pieces in the trash can.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, where are the Two Young Men?
(a) On top of the bridge.
(b) Leaning against the struts of the bridge.
(c) Behind the apartment.
(d) On the roof of the tenement.
4. What claim does Garth make about his future in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He wants to leave his life of crime behind him.
(b) He would like to be a teacher.
(c) The end is near.
(d) He wants revenge.
5. What offense is the Radical accused of committing?
(a) Assaulting an officer.
(b) Inciting a riot.
(c) Speaking without a flag.
(d) Disturbing the peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Trock feel poisoned?
2. How does Trock respond to Shadow's concern in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, who ends up angering the Policeman?
4. Why does Trock shout in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is Mio's purpose in life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Shadow concerned about Trock's shouting in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How is Miriamne in the way of Mio's goal?
3. In Act 2, what delusion does Mio join in with the judge?
4. Why is Miriamne's father afraid of shadows?
5. How does Mio's goal change in Act 3?
6. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Piny view Trock and Shadow?
7. Describe Mio's eulogy for Shadow.
8. Describe Judge Gaunt.
9. What does the conversation between Mio and Carr reveal about Mio's past in Act 1, Scene 3?
10. What is Esdras' opinion about justice in society?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)