|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent Garth a letter?
(a) A lawyer.
2. What concern does Shadow have about Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He thinks Trock is losing his mind.
(b) He is concerned about Trock's health.
(c) He fears shouting will land Trock back in prison.
(d) He fears Trock will shoot him.
3. What claim does Garth make about his future in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He would like to be a teacher.
(b) He wants revenge.
(c) He wants to leave his life of crime behind him.
(d) The end is near.
4. Whom did Garth tell the truth about Romanga's case?
(b) No one.
5. What does Mio believe the police know about his father?
(a) His location.
(b) He was innocent.
(d) He is still in hiding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the Radical accuse of capitalist oppression?
2. What does Carr whistle as the crowd disperses in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, where does Shadow reveal Trock has just been?
4. Which character's nosiness is annoying both Trock and Garth?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, to what does Garth attribute his father's fears?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the characters react to the order that is given to Lucia in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What is Mio's opinion of his father's trial?
3. Why does Trock bring Judge Gaunt and Esdras back to the apartment in Act 2?
4. Why does the Tramp come to the apartment in Act 2?
5. What "business" does Mio have to take care of at the end of Act 1?
6. Why does Trock want to wait until the rain slacks up before he leaves the apartment in Act 2?
7. What does Esdras do for Judge Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. What is Mio's personal philosophy about faith?
9. How does Judge Gaunt react to Mio's death threat in the beginning of Act 2?
10. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Piny view Trock and Shadow?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)