|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on Trock's speech and mannerisms, how does he appear to be feeling in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What explanation does Trock give for returning to the area?
(a) He wants to find out if there is any evidence to convict him.
(b) He wants to reconnect with his childhood.
(c) He is in love.
(d) His doctor recommended local treatment.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why are both Trock and Garth unhappy?
(a) Shadow is sick.
(b) Someone is looking into Romagna's case.
(c) Esdras is ill.
(d) Miriamne refuses to go back to school.
4. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) On the roof of the tenement building.
(b) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
(c) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
(d) On top of the bridge.
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, where has Garth been for three days?
(a) No one knows.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) In the apartment.
(d) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comfort does Shadow offer Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Trock tell Shadow will happen in six months?
3. What instrument does Lucia play?
4. What is Garth inspecting when Miriamne arrives?
5. What does Piny sell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Piny.
2. Why is Miriamne's father afraid of shadows?
3. How does Judge Gaunt react to the argument between the Policeman and the other characters in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What is Esdras' opinion about justice in society?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does Trock want Garth to stay inside the apartment?
6. Why does Garth want to have his violin repaired?
7. Why does Mio pray for Esdras in Act 3?
8. Why did Garth tell Esdras his secret?
9. Describe Trock.
10. How does Mio react to Judge Gaunt's opinion of the Romanga case?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)