|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offense is the Radical accused of committing?
(a) Assaulting an officer.
(b) Speaking without a flag.
(c) Inciting a riot.
(d) Disturbing the peace.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, where has Garth been for three days?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) No one knows.
(c) In the apartment.
(d) The hospital.
3. How does Miriamne know about the letter?
(a) She found it on the floor of Garth's room.
(b) It fell as she was making Garth's bed.
(c) She fished it out of the commode.
(d) She saw the pieces in the trash can.
4. What belief does Trock have about the local authorities?
(a) He no longer cares about authority.
(b) They are all liars.
(c) Only those who can be bribed can be trusted.
(d) They want him back in prison.
5. What is Mio's purpose in life?
(a) To confront the man who murdered his father.
(b) To keep his father's identity safe.
(c) To prove his father's innocence.
(d) To find his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, where are the Two Young Men?
2. What concern does Shadow have about Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Act 1, Scene 1, what revelation does Trock give Shadow about his personal life?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, who asks Miriamne to leave the room?
5. What has reportedly happened to Judge Gaunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Shadow concerned about Trock's shouting in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. In Act 2, what delusion does Mio join in with the judge?
3. Why does Mio pray for Esdras in Act 3?
4. What does Esdras do for Judge Gaunt in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What happens to Shadow at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
6. Describe Mio's eulogy for Shadow.
7. How do the characters react to the order that is given to Lucia in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. In Act 1, Scene 3, what have the authorities ordered Lucia to do?
9. Why does Trock want to wait until the rain slacks up before he leaves the apartment in Act 2?
10. What advice does Mio offer Miriamne in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)