|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern does Shadow have about Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He fears Trock will shoot him.
(b) He fears shouting will land Trock back in prison.
(c) He thinks Trock is losing his mind.
(d) He is concerned about Trock's health.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, what prop does the Radical present to the Policeman?
(a) A small American flag.
(b) A toy gun.
(c) A white flag.
(d) A toy dagger.
3. What have the police told Lucia to stop doing?
(a) Playing his piano in the street.
(b) Speaking about politics on the street corner.
(c) Panhandling for money.
(d) Giving the Tramp food.
4. How does Shadow describe Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) As the skinny kind that lives forever.
(b) The most fascinating and annoying person he knows.
(c) As a true friend.
(d) A real pip.
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, where has Garth been for three days?
(a) The hospital.
(b) In the apartment.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) No one knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Judge Gaunt?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, to what does Garth attribute his father's fears?
3. Who dances with Miriamne during Lucia's last performance?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, who asks Miriamne to leave the room?
5. What has reportedly happened to Judge Gaunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miriamne attempt to cheer Mio after Judge Gaunt and Esdras leave the apartment in the middle of Act 2?
2. How does Shadow attempt to keep Trock out of trouble?
3. Why do the Policeman and the Radical argue in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What was in the letter Miriamne found on Garth's floor?
5. Describe Trock.
6. Describe Shadow.
7. Why is Miriamne murdered?
8. What "business" does Mio have to take care of at the end of Act 1?
9. What is Mio's personal philosophy about faith?
10. How does Miriamne react to Shadow's eulogy?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)