|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
(a) On top of the bridge.
(b) On the roof of the tenement building.
(c) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
(d) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
2. Why does Shadow think Trock should be "full of high thought?"
(a) Thoughts indicate a person's state of mind.
(b) He just got out of prison.
(c) His health is not good.
(d) He is a role model.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, where are the Two Young Men?
(a) On the roof of the tenement.
(b) Behind the apartment.
(c) On top of the bridge.
(d) Leaning against the struts of the bridge.
4. What concern does Shadow have about Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He fears Trock will shoot him.
(b) He fears shouting will land Trock back in prison.
(c) He thinks Trock is losing his mind.
(d) He is concerned about Trock's health.
5. What would Garth like to teach?
(a) Piano lessons.
(b) Violin lessons.
(d) Elementary school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, to what does Garth attribute his father's fears?
2. What does Mio believe the police know about his father?
3. How do Trock and Shadow make Piny feel?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, what item is in need of repair?
5. Who is Mio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mio's personal philosophy about faith?
2. Describe Mio's eulogy for Shadow.
3. Why is Mio murdered?
4. What "business" does Mio have to take care of at the end of Act 1?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Lucia view Trock and Shadow?
6. Why does the Tramp come to the apartment in Act 2?
7. How has Professor Hobhouse unnerved both Trock and Garth?
8. What information does Garth give Mio about his involvement with Romanga's case in the beginning of Act 2?
9. How does Shadow attempt to keep Trock out of trouble?
10. How do the characters react to the order that is given to Lucia in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)