|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Garth know about Romagna?
(a) He was a thief.
(b) He was part of the gang.
(c) He murdered a man.
(d) He was innocent.
2. What does Trock tell the Two Young Men to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Follow Shadow.
(b) Watch his car.
(c) Take a walk.
(d) Follow him.
3. Why doesn't Miriamne want to come back inside the apartment?
(a) She is waiting for Lucia
(b) She is waiting for Shadow.
(c) She is angry with Garth.
(d) She has been crying.
4. How does Garth defend himself against Trock's accusations?
(a) He lists all the things he has done for Trock.
(b) He points out that he destroyed the letter.
(c) He points out that Romagna is already dead.
(d) He reminds Trock who is the leader.
5. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
(a) On top of the bridge.
(b) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
(c) On the roof of the tenement building.
(d) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mio?
2. Who does Esdras bring into the apartment?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, to what does Garth attribute his father's fears?
4. What does Carr whistle as the crowd disperses in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How does Trock respond to Shadow's concern in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Judge Gaunt.
2. What is Miriamne's personal philosophy about truth?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Lucia view Trock and Shadow?
4. Describe Mio's eulogy for Shadow.
5. Why do the Policeman and the Radical argue in Act 1, Scene 3?
6. What is Esdras' opinion about justice in society?
7. According to Mio, what destroyed his father?
8. What information does Garth give Mio about his involvement with Romanga's case in the beginning of Act 2?
9. How does Shadow attempt to keep Trock out of trouble?
10. What does the conversation between Mio and Carr reveal about Mio's past in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)