|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the room with Trock in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why does Shadow think Trock should be "full of high thought?"
(a) Thoughts indicate a person's state of mind.
(b) His health is not good.
(c) He is a role model.
(d) He just got out of prison.
3. What is referred to as a "Blind Snake" at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The river.
(c) Trock's demeanor.
4. What is the Tramp doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Watching the river.
(b) Digging himself into a pile of rags to sleep.
(c) Washing a shirt.
(d) Stealing an apple.
5. What does Carr prevent the policeman from doing in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Striking Piny.
(b) Striking Mio.
(c) Gassing the crowd.
(d) Arresting Miriamne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mio?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, which character did Trock come to visit?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, who slips into the crowd with the Two Young Men?
4. What advice is given to Garth in the letter?
5. Why doesn't Miriamne want to come back inside the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the Policeman find Shadow's body in Act 2?
2. How is Trock surprised in Act 2?
3. What is Mio's opinion of his father's trial?
4. Why does the Tramp come to the apartment in Act 2?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, what advice does Esdras give Garth about his sense of guilt?
6. Describe Judge Gaunt.
7. Describe Piny.
8. Why do the Policeman and the Radical argue in Act 1, Scene 3?
9. Why does Trock bring Judge Gaunt and Esdras back to the apartment in Act 2?
10. What advice does Mio offer Miriamne in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)