|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Miriamne want to come back inside the apartment?
(a) She is waiting for Lucia
(b) She is waiting for Shadow.
(c) She is angry with Garth.
(d) She has been crying.
2. What does Trock tell the Two Young Men to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Follow him.
(b) Take a walk.
(c) Watch his car.
(d) Follow Shadow.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, who slips into the crowd with the Two Young Men?
4. What advice is given to Garth in the letter?
(b) Tell no one but your local priest.
(c) Stay hidden.
(d) Leave town.
5. How does Shadow describe Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The most fascinating and annoying person he knows.
(b) As the skinny kind that lives forever.
(c) As a true friend.
(d) A real pip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offense is the Radical accused of committing?
2. How does Trock respond to Shadow's concern in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Lucia get to do "every day in every way?"
4. What does Garth confess to Miriamne at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. In Act 1, Scene 1, where are the Two Young Men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Mio offer Miriamne in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does the conversation between Mio and Carr reveal about Mio's past in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. How does Mio's goal change in Act 3?
4. Why does Mio visit the apartment in the beginning of Act 2?
5. How does Mio react to Judge Gaunt's opinion of the Romanga case?
6. Why is Miriamne's father afraid of shadows?
7. Describe Piny.
8. Why does Garth want to have his violin repaired?
9. Why doesn't the Policeman find Shadow's body in Act 2?
10. Describe Judge Gaunt.
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)