|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, which character did Trock come to visit?
2. Where is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
(a) On top of the bridge.
(b) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
(c) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
(d) On the roof of the tenement building.
3. Where does Lucia imagine Trock was raised?
(a) In the city.
(b) By wolves.
(c) In a cellar.
(d) In a barn.
4. Why does Trock feel poisoned?
(a) Prison life poisoned him.
(b) His friends have abandoned him.
(c) Life is too short.
(d) His drink tastes odd.
5. What does Garth know about Romagna?
(a) He was innocent.
(b) He was a thief.
(c) He was part of the gang.
(d) He murdered a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucia tell Piny to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Garth confess to Miriamne at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is Mio's purpose in life?
4. Who is sitting alone at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How is Miriamne related to Garth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Judge Gaunt react to Mio's death threat in the beginning of Act 2?
2. How does Judge Gaunt react to the argument between the Policeman and the other characters in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. In Act 2, what delusion does Mio join in with the judge?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Lucia view Trock and Shadow?
5. Why does Miriamne sit alone outside the apartment in the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
6. In Act 1, Scene 2, why does Trock want Garth to stay inside the apartment?
7. Why does Mio visit the apartment in the beginning of Act 2?
8. Describe Piny.
9. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Piny view Trock and Shadow?
10. Why is Miriamne's father afraid of shadows?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)