|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Esdras bring into the apartment?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
2. Whom did Garth tell the truth about Romanga's case?
(b) No one.
3. Who is "the doc at the gate?"
(a) The prison doctor.
(b) The physician at the local hospital.
(c) Saint Peter.
(d) The doorman of the apartment.
4. What does Lucia tell Piny to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Look on the bright side.
(b) Pass the peas.
(c) Fetch the police.
(d) Ignore Trock.
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, what prop does the Radical present to the Policeman?
(a) A small American flag.
(b) A toy dagger.
(c) A toy gun.
(d) A white flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carr whistle as the crowd disperses in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does Garth confess to Miriamne at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who enters the room with Trock in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Lucia get to do "every day in every way?"
5. What time of day does the play open?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Professor Hobhouse's article affected Judge Gaunt?
2. What is Mio's personal philosophy about faith?
3. Describe Judge Gaunt.
4. Why do the Policeman and the Radical argue in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Why is Miriamne's father afraid of shadows?
6. Why does Mio feel he is about to die in Act 3?
7. What does Garth confess to Miriamne in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What "business" does Mio have to take care of at the end of Act 1?
9. Why does Trock shout at the city in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. How is Miriamne in the way of Mio's goal?
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)