|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mio believe the police know about his father?
(a) He is still in hiding.
(b) He was innocent.
(d) His location.
2. Whom did Garth tell the truth about Romanga's case?
(c) No one.
3. Who is Mio?
(a) Garth's half-brother.
(b) Carr's cousin.
(c) A gang member.
(d) Romagna's son.
4. Where is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
(a) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
(b) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
(c) On top of the bridge.
(d) On the roof of the tenement building.
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, to what does Garth attribute his father's fears?
(a) Miriamne's absence.
(b) The weather.
(c) The cost of repairs.
(d) The bill collector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucia get to do "every day in every way?"
2. How does Garth defend himself against Trock's accusations?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, who asks Miriamne to leave the room?
4. What type of language is used in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Garth know about Romagna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What point does Esdras make about justice in his final monologue?
2. Why does Mio visit the apartment in the beginning of Act 2?
3. What was in the letter Miriamne found on Garth's floor?
4. How has Professor Hobhouse unnerved both Trock and Garth?
5. What threat does Trock make towards Shadow near the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
6. Why is Miriamne's father afraid of shadows?
7. What is Judge Gaunt's opinion of the Romanga case?
8. In Act 1, Scene 2, what advice does Esdras give Garth about his sense of guilt?
9. Why does Garth want to have his violin repaired?
10. How does Trock's health affect his attitude?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)