|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Trock and Shadow make Piny feel?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, who ends up angering the Policeman?
3. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
(a) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
(b) On the roof of the tenement building.
(c) On top of the bridge.
(d) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
4. Who whispers about Miriamne behind her back?
(c) Kids at school.
5. How does Trock respond to Shadow's concern in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Shadow should mind his own business.
(b) Those who would imprison him should fear for their lives.
(c) His gun is his right hand.
(d) Insanity is only a state of mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, to what does Garth attribute his father's fears?
2. What has reportedly happened to Judge Gaunt?
3. Why doesn't Miriamne want to come back inside the apartment?
4. Where does Lucia imagine Trock was raised?
5. Who is Judge Gaunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Mio offer Miriamne in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Describe Lucia.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, how does Piny view Trock and Shadow?
4. How do the characters react to the order that is given to Lucia in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What advice does Lucia give Piny in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. Why does the Tramp come to the apartment in Act 2?
7. What does the conversation between Mio and Carr reveal about Mio's past in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. Why do the Policeman and the Radical argue in Act 1, Scene 3?
9. Why does Mio feel he is about to die in Act 3?
10. What information does Garth give Mio about his involvement with Romanga's case in the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)