|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mio was four, where did he visit his father?
(a) Near the river.
(b) In prison.
(c) In a park.
(d) On a farm.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, what is heard after Trock exits?
(a) A crash.
(b) A shout.
(c) Violin music.
3. How does Judge Gaunt explain Mio's murderous threats?
(a) Justice is hard to swallow.
(b) Mio is insane.
(c) Mio's father was a murderer.
(d) Mio wants to die.
4. Which character are the Policeman and the Sergeant searching for in Act 2?
(c) Judge Gaunt.
5. What is the Tramp's name?
6. Who let the Tramp stay in the apartment last winter?
7. Why does Judge Gaunt ask for assistance in getting home?
(a) He can't remember how he got to the apartment.
(b) He is weak.
(c) He doesn't trust Trock to keep his word.
(d) He fears the neighborhood.
8. In Act 2, which character is a guest in the apartment?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
9. What is Mio really searching for when he knocks on the apartment door in Chapter 2?
(a) Trock's letter.
(b) A place to sleep.
(d) The truth about the pay roll robbery murder.
10. What did Mio's father leave behind when he died?
(b) His love.
(c) A letter.
(d) A trust fund.
11. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character does Trock motion towards as he exits?
(b) The Tramp.
12. Why can't anyone locate the dead body in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) It fell in the river.
(b) Two young men in blue serge took it away.
(c) The car was on fire.
(d) Shadow took it away.
13. Who offers Judge Gaunt food in Act 2?
(c) The tramp.
14. Who picks up Trock's dropped gun?
(d) The Tramp.
15. What name does Mio give Trock in Act 2?
(a) Theophrastus Such.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mio refuse to kiss Miriamne at the end of Act 2?
2. What do Lucia and Piny take away at the end of Act 1?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Shadow as he exits?
4. What does Miriamne give Mio before he leaves in Act 2?
5. How does Judge Gaunt describe the professor's work?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)