|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is accused of Shadow's death?
(b) The Tramp.
2. Why can't anyone locate the dead body in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Shadow took it away.
(b) It fell in the river.
(c) The car was on fire.
(d) Two young men in blue serge took it away.
3. Why does Judge Gaunt offer Esdras money?
(a) Esdras took care of him.
(b) He feels guilty about the case.
(c) To keep quiet.
(d) He knows Garth has stolen money from Esdras.
4. Who picks up Trock's dropped gun?
(c) The Tramp.
5. According to Judge Gaunt's critics, which character should have been called as a witness in Romagna's trial?
6. What does Shadow take away from Trock in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A letter.
(d) His phone.
7. Where does Miriamne tell the tramp to lie down?
(a) By the door.
(b) Under the water pipes.
(c) In the back room.
(d) On the couch.
8. Which characters tell Mio his father was guilty?
(a) Esdras and Garth.
(b) Lucia and Piny.
(c) Trock and Shadow.
(d) Garth and Judge Gaunt.
9. Which character offers to guide Judge Gaunt to the transit terminal?
10. According to Mio, who destroyed his father?
(b) The world and society.
(d) The Father of Lies.
11. In Act 2, why doesn't Trock leave in the rain?
(a) He fears ruining the letter.
(b) It takes ten days off his life.
(c) He doesn't want his hair to get wet.
(d) He sees the policeman waiting outside.
12. Why does the Tramp laugh at the judge in Act 2?
(a) He is singing a raunchy song.
(b) He falls over the doorstep.
(c) He launches into a recitation of the Preamble to the Constitution.
(d) He dances to the sound of the piano.
13. At the end of Act 1, why does Mio remain outside after all the other characters have left?
(a) He claims to have business in the neighborhood.
(b) He wants to see the body for himself.
(c) He has nowhere to go.
(d) He is waiting for Miriamne.
14. In Act 1, Scene 3, what is heard after Trock exits?
(b) A crash.
(c) A shout.
(d) Violin music.
15. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne fear will attempt to hurt Garth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miriamne's opinion of Mio's personal philosophy?
2. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne describe as "a king among men?"
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Shadow as he exits?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, whom does Shadow say he is keeping out of trouble?
5. In Act 2, which character is a guest in the apartment?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)