|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mio's opinion of faith?
(a) Faith is easy for a fool.
(b) Faith is only as strong as the will.
(c) Faith is the root of life's tree.
(d) Faith is a refuge for the crippled.
2. What do Lucia and Piny take away at the end of Act 1?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) The apple cart.
(c) A dead body.
(d) The piano.
3. Which character does Mio threaten to murder in Act 2?
(c) Judge Gaunt.
4. What name does Mio give Trock in Act 2?
(a) Theophrastus Such.
5. Why does Judge Gaunt offer Esdras money?
(a) Esdras took care of him.
(b) He knows Garth has stolen money from Esdras.
(c) To keep quiet.
(d) He feels guilty about the case.
6. In Act 2, what excuse does Mio give for knocking on the apartment door?
(a) He wanted to give Lucia money.
(b) He is trying to earn tuition money.
(c) He is looking for the judge.
(d) He wanted to buy an apple from Piny.
7. In Act 1, Scene 3, what advice does Mio give Miriamne about love?
(a) Look on the bright side of life.
(b) Never say die.
(c) Enjoy love where and when she finds it.
(d) Take life one day at a time.
8. In Act 1, Scene 3, why does Miriamne pull Mio into the shadows?
(a) Garth enters.
(b) Shadow and Trock approach.
(c) A police car drives by.
(d) To give him a kiss.
9. Why does Mio refuse to kiss Miriamne at the end of Act 2?
(a) He is angry with her.
(b) He fears Trock.
(c) Garth is watching them.
(d) Esdras is watching them.
10. In Act 2, why doesn't Trock leave in the rain?
(a) He fears ruining the letter.
(b) He sees the policeman waiting outside.
(c) It takes ten days off his life.
(d) He doesn't want his hair to get wet.
11. Why does Garth claim he was taken in for questioning at the time of the pay roll robbery murder?
(a) He resembled a suspect.
(b) He is a victim of racial profiling.
(c) He once met Romagna at a party.
(d) He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
12. In Act 2, how does Miriamne entice Mio to stay?
(a) She hints that she will reveal more information.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She offers to share her bed.
(d) She offers him a hot meal.
13. In Act 2, which character is a guest in the apartment?
(b) Judge Gaunt.
14. According to Judge Gaunt's critics, which character should have been called as a witness in Romagna's trial?
15. How does Judge Gaunt describe the professor's work?
(b) A tawdry tabloid.
(c) Sheer genius.
(d) Pure fabrication.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mio to leave the apartment?
2. At the end of Act 1, why does Mio remain outside after all the other characters have left?
3. What does Miriamne give Mio before he leaves in Act 2?
4. Why does Mio retract his murder threat?
5. What does Esdras offer to give Judge Gaunt before they leave?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)