|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character offers to guide Judge Gaunt to the transit terminal?
2. What did Mio's father leave behind when he died?
(a) A trust fund.
(b) His love.
(d) A letter.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, whom does Shadow say he is keeping out of trouble?
4. What name does Mio give Trock in Act 2?
(d) Theophrastus Such.
5. What does Mio realize about Miriamne and Garth in Act 2?
(a) They are hiding information.
(b) They have both been deceiving him.
(c) They are brother and sister.
(d) They were lovers.
6. Who is accused of Shadow's death?
(a) The Tramp.
7. Why does the Tramp laugh at the judge in Act 2?
(a) He is singing a raunchy song.
(b) He launches into a recitation of the Preamble to the Constitution.
(c) He dances to the sound of the piano.
(d) He falls over the doorstep.
8. What animal does Mio compare himself to in Act 2?
(a) A snake.
(b) A bug.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A lion.
9. In Act 2, which character is a guest in the apartment?
(b) Judge Gaunt.
10. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne describe as "a king among men?"
11. Who let the Tramp stay in the apartment last winter?
12. What do Lucia and Piny take away at the end of Act 1?
(a) A dead body.
(b) The piano.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) The apple cart.
13. Why didn't the Sergeant find Shadow's body in the room?
(a) Shadow crawled out the bathroom window.
(b) Miriamne moved the body to the kitchen.
(c) Shadow died in the back hallway.
(d) Shadow is alive and hiding under the bed.
14. When Mio was four, where did he visit his father?
(a) On a farm.
(b) Near the river.
(c) In prison.
(d) In a park.
15. In Act 2, what excuse does Mio give for knocking on the apartment door?
(a) He wanted to buy an apple from Piny.
(b) He is looking for the judge.
(c) He wanted to give Lucia money.
(d) He is trying to earn tuition money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mio really searching for when he knocks on the apartment door in Chapter 2?
2. Who is Miriamne waiting for in the beginning of Act 2?
3. Who tells Mio to leave the apartment?
4. What has Professor Hobhouse written?
5. Who discovers Mio and Miriamne together in Act 2?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)