|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't anyone locate the dead body in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Shadow took it away.
(b) It fell in the river.
(c) Two young men in blue serge took it away.
(d) The car was on fire.
2. Who does Miriamne kiss in Act 1, Scene 3?
(c) A sailor.
3. In Act 2, who does Trock follow back into the apartment?
(a) Garth and Shadow.
(b) Lucia and Piny.
(c) Esdras and Judge Gaunt.
(d) Mio and Miriamne.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what advice does Mio give Miriamne about love?
(a) Take life one day at a time.
(b) Look on the bright side of life.
(c) Enjoy love where and when she finds it.
(d) Never say die.
5. In Act 2, which character is a guest in the apartment?
(d) Judge Gaunt.
6. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Shadow as he exits?
(b) The Tramp.
(c) Two young men in blue serge.
7. What did Mio's father leave behind when he died?
(a) His love.
(b) A letter.
(c) A trust fund.
8. Why does Garth claim he was taken in for questioning at the time of the pay roll robbery murder?
(a) He resembled a suspect.
(b) He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
(c) He once met Romagna at a party.
(d) He is a victim of racial profiling.
9. Who compliments Mio's father in Act 2?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
10. Where does Miriamne tell the tramp to lie down?
(a) In the back room.
(b) Under the water pipes.
(c) By the door.
(d) On the couch.
11. Why didn't Miriamne tell the police the truth about Garth?
(a) She hates the police.
(b) She couldn't turn her brother in.
(c) She feared for his life.
(d) To honor her father.
12. In Act 1, Scene 3, whom does Shadow say he is keeping out of trouble?
13. Who let the Tramp stay in the apartment last winter?
14. Who is Miriamne waiting for in the beginning of Act 2?
15. According to Esdras, what is society built upon?
(d) The backs of the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is accused of Shadow's death?
2. Which character are the Policeman and the Sergeant searching for in Act 2?
3. Who offers Judge Gaunt food in Act 2?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, who has Mio come to visit?
5. According to Judge Gaunt's critics, which character should have been called as a witness in Romagna's trial?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)