|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne fear will attempt to hurt Garth?
2. What name does Mio give Trock in Act 2?
(a) Theophrastus Such.
3. Why does the Tramp laugh at the judge in Act 2?
(a) He dances to the sound of the piano.
(b) He launches into a recitation of the Preamble to the Constitution.
(c) He is singing a raunchy song.
(d) He falls over the doorstep.
4. In Act 2, which character is a guest in the apartment?
(c) Judge Gaunt.
5. Why does Mio retract his murder threat?
(a) Killing Judge Gaunt would prove his father's guilt.
(b) To prove he is sane.
(c) Miriamne reveals that Lucia is her uncle.
(d) To prove that justice has not been served.
6. What is Mio's full first name?
7. What does Miriamne give Mio before he leaves in Act 2?
(b) The letter.
(c) A hug.
(d) A slap.
8. Who does Trock want to drive home in a car?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
9. According to Esdras, what is society built upon?
(a) The backs of the dead.
10. Which character offers to guide Judge Gaunt to the transit terminal?
11. What does Mio realize about Miriamne and Garth in Act 2?
(a) They have both been deceiving him.
(b) They are brother and sister.
(c) They were lovers.
(d) They are hiding information.
12. What does Miriamne offer Mio in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A hot meal.
(b) Directions to Judge Gaunt's office.
(c) Her company on his wanderings.
(d) Garth's letter.
13. In Act 1, Scene 3, whom does Shadow say he is keeping out of trouble?
14. Who is Miriamne waiting for in the beginning of Act 2?
15. What is Mio really searching for when he knocks on the apartment door in Chapter 2?
(a) The truth about the pay roll robbery murder.
(b) A place to sleep.
(d) Trock's letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, who has Mio come to visit?
2. Who picks up Trock's dropped gun?
3. What announcement does Carr make at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Why didn't the Sergeant find Shadow's body in the room?
5. According to Judge Gaunt's critics, which character should have been called as a witness in Romagna's trial?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)