|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mio's father leave behind when he died?
(a) His love.
(b) A trust fund.
(c) A letter.
2. Why didn't Miriamne tell the police the truth about Garth?
(a) She hates the police.
(b) To honor her father.
(c) She feared for his life.
(d) She couldn't turn her brother in.
3. What has Professor Hobhouse written?
(a) A book about Romagna's case.
(b) A play about the murder trial.
(c) An article about Judge Gaunt.
(d) An article about Romagna's case.
4. Which character does Mio threaten to murder in Act 2?
(c) Judge Gaunt.
5. Who discovers Mio and Miriamne together in Act 2?
6. In the beginning of Act 2, what sound can be heard offstage?
(a) A piano.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A shout.
(d) A violin.
7. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Shadow as he exits?
(a) Two young men in blue serge.
(d) The Tramp.
8. When Mio was four, where did he visit his father?
(a) In prison.
(b) Near the river.
(c) On a farm.
(d) In a park.
9. What do Lucia and Piny take away at the end of Act 1?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A dead body.
(c) The piano.
(d) The apple cart.
10. What is the Tramp's name?
11. How does Judge Gaunt explain Mio's murderous threats?
(a) Mio's father was a murderer.
(b) Mio is insane.
(c) Justice is hard to swallow.
(d) Mio wants to die.
12. Who does Miriamne kiss in Act 1, Scene 3?
(d) A sailor.
13. Who tells Mio to leave the apartment?
14. Which character surprises the cast with an appearance in Act 2?
(c) The mayor.
15. In Act 1, Scene 3, why does Miriamne pull Mio into the shadows?
(a) Garth enters.
(b) To give him a kiss.
(c) A police car drives by.
(d) Shadow and Trock approach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What announcement does Carr make at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Why can't anyone locate the dead body in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Where is Act 2 set?
4. What is Mio's full first name?
5. What is Esdras speaking about with Miriamne at the beginning of Act 2?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)