|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Judge Gaunt offer Esdras money?
(a) To keep quiet.
(b) Esdras took care of him.
(c) He knows Garth has stolen money from Esdras.
(d) He feels guilty about the case.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, why does Miriamne pull Mio into the shadows?
(a) Garth enters.
(b) To give him a kiss.
(c) A police car drives by.
(d) Shadow and Trock approach.
3. What happened the last time Trock asked someone if he was all through?
(a) Trock hit him.
(b) That person died.
(c) Trock ran off.
(d) The police came.
4. What does Esdras offer to give Judge Gaunt before they leave?
(a) A drink.
(c) The letter.
(d) A coat.
5. What did Mio's father leave behind when he died?
(a) A letter.
(b) A trust fund.
(d) His love.
6. In Act 2, how does Mio keep Trock from leaving the room?
(a) With Trock's own gun.
(b) By blocking the doorway.
(c) By locking the door.
(d) By threatening to call the police.
7. Why does Mio refuse to kiss Miriamne at the end of Act 2?
(a) Esdras is watching them.
(b) He fears Trock.
(c) Garth is watching them.
(d) He is angry with her.
8. According to Esdras, what is society built upon?
(a) The backs of the dead.
9. Why does the Tramp laugh at the judge in Act 2?
(a) He launches into a recitation of the Preamble to the Constitution.
(b) He dances to the sound of the piano.
(c) He falls over the doorstep.
(d) He is singing a raunchy song.
10. Why does Mio swear at Miriamne?
(a) He wants her to stay at home.
(b) He realizes she knows who he is.
(c) An incomplete letter is useless.
(d) She is betraying her own flesh and blood.
11. In Act 1, Scene 3, whom does Shadow say he is keeping out of trouble?
12. What animal does Mio compare himself to in Act 2?
(a) A bug.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A snake.
(d) A lion.
13. Why does the Tramp enter the apartment in Act 2?
(a) He is bleeding and needs help.
(b) To deliver a message.
(c) Esdras needs him to deliver a message.
(d) He is looking for a place to stay.
14. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character does Trock motion towards as he exits?
(c) The Tramp.
15. Who discovers Mio and Miriamne together in Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who let the Tramp stay in the apartment last winter?
2. When Mio was four, where did he visit his father?
3. How does Judge Gaunt describe the professor's work?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Shadow as he exits?
5. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne describe as "a king among men?"
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)