|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Judge Gaunt describe the professor's work?
(a) A tawdry tabloid.
(b) Sheer genius.
(d) Pure fabrication.
2. Why does Mio refuse to kiss Miriamne at the end of Act 2?
(a) Garth is watching them.
(b) He fears Trock.
(c) Esdras is watching them.
(d) He is angry with her.
3. What is Esdras speaking about with Miriamne at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) Her future.
(c) The Talmud.
(d) The murder case.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, whom does Shadow say he is keeping out of trouble?
5. According to Judge Gaunt's critics, which character should have been called as a witness in Romagna's trial?
6. Who tells Mio to leave the apartment?
7. Why can't anyone locate the dead body in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Two young men in blue serge took it away.
(b) It fell in the river.
(c) Shadow took it away.
(d) The car was on fire.
8. What has Professor Hobhouse written?
(a) An article about Romagna's case.
(b) A play about the murder trial.
(c) An article about Judge Gaunt.
(d) A book about Romagna's case.
9. In Act 2, how does Miriamne entice Mio to stay?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She offers him a hot meal.
(c) She hints that she will reveal more information.
(d) She offers to share her bed.
10. Why does Judge Gaunt offer Esdras money?
(a) To keep quiet.
(b) Esdras took care of him.
(c) He knows Garth has stolen money from Esdras.
(d) He feels guilty about the case.
11. In Act 2, who does Trock follow back into the apartment?
(a) Mio and Miriamne.
(b) Lucia and Piny.
(c) Garth and Shadow.
(d) Esdras and Judge Gaunt.
12. Why does Judge Gaunt ask for assistance in getting home?
(a) He is weak.
(b) He can't remember how he got to the apartment.
(c) He fears the neighborhood.
(d) He doesn't trust Trock to keep his word.
13. What does Miriamne give Mio before he leaves in Act 2?
(a) A slap.
(c) A hug.
(d) The letter.
14. What does Esdras offer to give Judge Gaunt before they leave?
(a) The letter.
(b) A coat.
(c) A drink.
15. What did Mio's father leave behind when he died?
(b) His love.
(c) A letter.
(d) A trust fund.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters tell Mio his father was guilty?
2. What is Mio's opinion of faith?
3. Why didn't the Sergeant find Shadow's body in the room?
4. Who picks up Trock's dropped gun?
5. What does Mio realize about Miriamne and Garth in Act 2?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)