|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Judge Gaunt describe the professor's work?
(a) Pure fabrication.
(b) Sheer genius.
(c) A tawdry tabloid.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character does Trock motion towards as he exits?
(b) The Tramp.
3. What animal does Mio compare himself to in Act 2?
(a) A bug.
(b) A lion.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A snake.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Shadow as he exits?
(a) The Tramp.
(d) Two young men in blue serge.
5. Who tells Mio to leave the apartment?
6. Why does Mio retract his murder threat?
(a) To prove that justice has not been served.
(b) To prove he is sane.
(c) Killing Judge Gaunt would prove his father's guilt.
(d) Miriamne reveals that Lucia is her uncle.
7. What does Miriamne offer Mio in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Directions to Judge Gaunt's office.
(b) Her company on his wanderings.
(c) A hot meal.
(d) Garth's letter.
8. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne fear will attempt to hurt Garth?
9. Why didn't the Sergeant find Shadow's body in the room?
(a) Miriamne moved the body to the kitchen.
(b) Shadow is alive and hiding under the bed.
(c) Shadow crawled out the bathroom window.
(d) Shadow died in the back hallway.
10. Why does Mio swear at Miriamne?
(a) An incomplete letter is useless.
(b) He realizes she knows who he is.
(c) She is betraying her own flesh and blood.
(d) He wants her to stay at home.
11. Who does Trock want to drive home in a car?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
12. Who picks up Trock's dropped gun?
(c) The Tramp.
13. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne describe as "a king among men?"
14. Why didn't Miriamne tell the police the truth about Garth?
(a) She feared for his life.
(b) To honor her father.
(c) She couldn't turn her brother in.
(d) She hates the police.
15. Which character does Mio threaten to murder in Act 2?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Act 2 set?
2. In Act 2, what excuse does Mio give for knocking on the apartment door?
3. Which character are the Policeman and the Sergeant searching for in Act 2?
4. In Act 2, which character is a guest in the apartment?
5. Why does Judge Gaunt offer Esdras money?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)