|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mio retract his murder threat?
(a) To prove that justice has not been served.
(b) Killing Judge Gaunt would prove his father's guilt.
(c) To prove he is sane.
(d) Miriamne reveals that Lucia is her uncle.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character does Trock motion towards as he exits?
(c) The Tramp.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, what advice does Mio give Miriamne about love?
(a) Never say die.
(b) Enjoy love where and when she finds it.
(c) Look on the bright side of life.
(d) Take life one day at a time.
4. According to Esdras, what is society built upon?
(a) The backs of the dead.
5. What does Miriamne offer Mio in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A hot meal.
(b) Her company on his wanderings.
(c) Garth's letter.
(d) Directions to Judge Gaunt's office.
6. How does Judge Gaunt explain Mio's murderous threats?
(a) Mio is insane.
(b) Mio wants to die.
(c) Justice is hard to swallow.
(d) Mio's father was a murderer.
7. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne fear will attempt to hurt Garth?
8. What name does Mio give Trock in Act 2?
(d) Theophrastus Such.
9. According to Mio, who destroyed his father?
(a) The world and society.
(d) The Father of Lies.
10. In Act 2, which character is a guest in the apartment?
(b) Judge Gaunt.
11. What does Mio realize about Miriamne and Garth in Act 2?
(a) They are hiding information.
(b) They were lovers.
(c) They have both been deceiving him.
(d) They are brother and sister.
12. Who offers Judge Gaunt food in Act 2?
(a) The tramp.
13. What does Miriamne's name mean?
(a) Sea of Bitterness.
(b) Daughter of Light.
(c) Little Miriam.
(d) Little Light.
14. Who is Miriamne waiting for in the beginning of Act 2?
15. Who compliments Mio's father in Act 2?
(c) Judge Gaunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, who does Trock follow back into the apartment?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Shadow as he exits?
3. At the end of Act 1, why does Mio remain outside after all the other characters have left?
4. What is Miriamne's opinion of Mio's personal philosophy?
5. Where does Miriamne tell the tramp to lie down?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)