|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Mio threaten to murder in Act 2?
(d) Judge Gaunt.
2. Who offers Judge Gaunt food in Act 2?
(d) The tramp.
3. In Act 2, how does Mio keep Trock from leaving the room?
(a) By locking the door.
(b) By blocking the doorway.
(c) By threatening to call the police.
(d) With Trock's own gun.
4. What is Mio really searching for when he knocks on the apartment door in Chapter 2?
(a) Trock's letter.
(b) A place to sleep.
(d) The truth about the pay roll robbery murder.
5. In Act 2, who does Trock follow back into the apartment?
(a) Lucia and Piny.
(b) Esdras and Judge Gaunt.
(c) Mio and Miriamne.
(d) Garth and Shadow.
6. What has Professor Hobhouse written?
(a) A book about Romagna's case.
(b) An article about Romagna's case.
(c) A play about the murder trial.
(d) An article about Judge Gaunt.
7. In Act 1, Scene 3, who has Mio come to visit?
8. What does Shadow take away from Trock in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) A gun.
(b) A letter.
(c) A knife.
(d) His phone.
9. What is the Tramp's name?
10. Why didn't Miriamne tell the police the truth about Garth?
(a) She couldn't turn her brother in.
(b) She hates the police.
(c) She feared for his life.
(d) To honor her father.
11. Who is accused of Shadow's death?
(b) The Tramp.
12. Which character are the Policeman and the Sergeant searching for in Act 2?
(c) Judge Gaunt.
13. In Act 2, which character is a guest in the apartment?
(d) Judge Gaunt.
14. What is Mio's full first name?
15. Why does the Tramp enter the apartment in Act 2?
(a) Esdras needs him to deliver a message.
(b) To deliver a message.
(c) He is looking for a place to stay.
(d) He is bleeding and needs help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Trock's dropped gun?
2. What did Mio's father leave behind when he died?
3. In Act 2, what excuse does Mio give for knocking on the apartment door?
4. Why does Miriamne apologize to Esdras at the beginning of Act 2?
5. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne describe as "a king among men?"
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)