|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Judge Gaunt's critics, which character should have been called as a witness in Romagna's trial?
2. Why does Mio retract his murder threat?
(a) Miriamne reveals that Lucia is her uncle.
(b) To prove that justice has not been served.
(c) To prove he is sane.
(d) Killing Judge Gaunt would prove his father's guilt.
3. What announcement does Carr make at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Esdras fell in the river.
(b) There has been a wreck.
(c) Esdras is dead.
(d) Someone has been shot.
4. In Act 2, what excuse does Mio give for knocking on the apartment door?
(a) He wanted to give Lucia money.
(b) He is trying to earn tuition money.
(c) He wanted to buy an apple from Piny.
(d) He is looking for the judge.
5. What does Mio realize about Miriamne and Garth in Act 2?
(a) They have both been deceiving him.
(b) They were lovers.
(c) They are hiding information.
(d) They are brother and sister.
6. Why does the Tramp laugh at the judge in Act 2?
(a) He falls over the doorstep.
(b) He is singing a raunchy song.
(c) He dances to the sound of the piano.
(d) He launches into a recitation of the Preamble to the Constitution.
7. In Act 2, who does Trock follow back into the apartment?
(a) Lucia and Piny.
(b) Esdras and Judge Gaunt.
(c) Mio and Miriamne.
(d) Garth and Shadow.
8. What is Mio's opinion of faith?
(a) Faith is only as strong as the will.
(b) Faith is the root of life's tree.
(c) Faith is easy for a fool.
(d) Faith is a refuge for the crippled.
9. What does Miriamne's name mean?
(a) Little Miriam.
(b) Little Light.
(c) Daughter of Light.
(d) Sea of Bitterness.
10. What is the Tramp's name?
11. Why does Miriamne apologize to Esdras at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She feels he is wrong.
(b) She does not want to follow his advice.
(c) She wasn't listening to him.
(d) She cannot agree with his views.
12. What is Mio really searching for when he knocks on the apartment door in Chapter 2?
(a) Trock's letter.
(b) The truth about the pay roll robbery murder.
(c) A place to sleep.
13. Who tells Mio to leave the apartment?
14. Why can't anyone locate the dead body in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The car was on fire.
(b) Shadow took it away.
(c) It fell in the river.
(d) Two young men in blue serge took it away.
15. In Act 2, why doesn't Trock leave in the rain?
(a) He fears ruining the letter.
(b) It takes ten days off his life.
(c) He doesn't want his hair to get wet.
(d) He sees the policeman waiting outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miriamne tell the tramp to lie down?
2. Which characters tell Mio his father was guilty?
3. Which character does Mio threaten to murder in Act 2?
4. Where is Act 2 set?
5. What name does Mio give Trock in Act 2?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)