|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't anyone locate the dead body in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Two young men in blue serge took it away.
(b) It fell in the river.
(c) Shadow took it away.
(d) The car was on fire.
2. What does Miriamne give Mio before he leaves in Act 2?
(a) The letter.
(c) A slap.
(d) A hug.
3. What is Miriamne's ethnic background?
4. What is Miriamne's opinion of Mio's personal philosophy?
(a) Cripples often need a crutch.
(b) He believes the very faith he denies.
(c) The tree is only as strong as the roots are deep.
(d) Faith determines the will.
5. Why does Garth claim he was taken in for questioning at the time of the pay roll robbery murder?
(a) He resembled a suspect.
(b) He once met Romagna at a party.
(c) He is a victim of racial profiling.
(d) He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
6. Where does Miriamne tell the tramp to lie down?
(a) In the back room.
(b) By the door.
(c) On the couch.
(d) Under the water pipes.
7. Where is Act 2 set?
(a) On top of the bridge.
(b) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
(c) In basement apartment near the bridge.
(d) On the roof of the tenement building.
8. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character does Trock motion towards as he exits?
(c) The Tramp.
9. Who let the Tramp stay in the apartment last winter?
10. Who is Miriamne waiting for in the beginning of Act 2?
11. What is the Tramp's name?
12. According to Esdras, what is society built upon?
(d) The backs of the dead.
13. In Act 2, who does Trock follow back into the apartment?
(a) Lucia and Piny.
(b) Mio and Miriamne.
(c) Esdras and Judge Gaunt.
(d) Garth and Shadow.
14. What is Mio's opinion of faith?
(a) Faith is a refuge for the crippled.
(b) Faith is the root of life's tree.
(c) Faith is easy for a fool.
(d) Faith is only as strong as the will.
15. What animal does Mio compare himself to in Act 2?
(a) A lion.
(b) A bug.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Judge Gaunt's critics, which character should have been called as a witness in Romagna's trial?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, what advice does Mio give Miriamne about love?
3. Why didn't the Sergeant find Shadow's body in the room?
4. In Act 2, which character does Miriamne fear will attempt to hurt Garth?
5. Who tells Mio to leave the apartment?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)