|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character does Mio threaten to murder in Act 2?
(b) Judge Gaunt.
2. Who let the Tramp stay in the apartment last winter?
3. What does Esdras offer to give Judge Gaunt before they leave?
(b) The letter.
(c) A drink.
(d) A coat.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what is heard after Trock exits?
(a) Violin music.
(c) A crash.
(d) A shout.
5. What is Esdras speaking about with Miriamne at the beginning of Act 2?
(b) The murder case.
(c) The Talmud.
(d) Her future.
6. Who is accused of Shadow's death?
(c) The Tramp.
7. What did Mio's father leave behind when he died?
(a) A trust fund.
(b) A letter.
(c) His love.
8. How does Judge Gaunt explain Mio's murderous threats?
(a) Mio is insane.
(b) Mio's father was a murderer.
(c) Mio wants to die.
(d) Justice is hard to swallow.
9. In Act 2, how does Miriamne entice Mio to stay?
(a) She offers him a hot meal.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She hints that she will reveal more information.
(d) She offers to share her bed.
10. In Act 2, why doesn't Trock leave in the rain?
(a) It takes ten days off his life.
(b) He sees the policeman waiting outside.
(c) He doesn't want his hair to get wet.
(d) He fears ruining the letter.
11. According to Judge Gaunt's critics, which character should have been called as a witness in Romagna's trial?
12. What is Mio really searching for when he knocks on the apartment door in Chapter 2?
(a) The truth about the pay roll robbery murder.
(c) Trock's letter.
(d) A place to sleep.
13. What happened the last time Trock asked someone if he was all through?
(a) Trock ran off.
(b) The police came.
(c) That person died.
(d) Trock hit him.
14. What animal does Mio compare himself to in Act 2?
(a) A snake.
(b) A lion.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A bug.
15. What is Mio's full first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Act 2 set?
2. What do Lucia and Piny take away at the end of Act 1?
3. What is the Tramp's name?
4. Why does Mio refuse to kiss Miriamne at the end of Act 2?
5. Why does Mio retract his murder threat?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)