|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mio, who destroyed his father?
(a) The world and society.
(b) The Father of Lies.
2. Which character surprises the cast with an appearance in Act 2?
(b) The mayor.
3. In Act 2, who does Trock follow back into the apartment?
(a) Garth and Shadow.
(b) Mio and Miriamne.
(c) Lucia and Piny.
(d) Esdras and Judge Gaunt.
4. Why does Mio swear at Miriamne?
(a) He realizes she knows who he is.
(b) An incomplete letter is useless.
(c) She is betraying her own flesh and blood.
(d) He wants her to stay at home.
5. What does Miriamne's name mean?
(a) Little Miriam.
(b) Daughter of Light.
(c) Little Light.
(d) Sea of Bitterness.
6. What does Mio realize about Miriamne and Garth in Act 2?
(a) They were lovers.
(b) They are hiding information.
(c) They are brother and sister.
(d) They have both been deceiving him.
7. At the end of Act 1, why does Mio remain outside after all the other characters have left?
(a) He claims to have business in the neighborhood.
(b) He has nowhere to go.
(c) He is waiting for Miriamne.
(d) He wants to see the body for himself.
8. What is Esdras speaking about with Miriamne at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The murder case.
(b) Her future.
(c) The Talmud.
9. What announcement does Carr make at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Esdras fell in the river.
(b) There has been a wreck.
(c) Esdras is dead.
(d) Someone has been shot.
10. How does Judge Gaunt explain Mio's murderous threats?
(a) Mio is insane.
(b) Mio's father was a murderer.
(c) Mio wants to die.
(d) Justice is hard to swallow.
11. Why does Judge Gaunt ask for assistance in getting home?
(a) He fears the neighborhood.
(b) He can't remember how he got to the apartment.
(c) He is weak.
(d) He doesn't trust Trock to keep his word.
12. Why does Mio retract his murder threat?
(a) To prove that justice has not been served.
(b) Miriamne reveals that Lucia is her uncle.
(c) Killing Judge Gaunt would prove his father's guilt.
(d) To prove he is sane.
13. What happened the last time Trock asked someone if he was all through?
(a) Trock ran off.
(b) That person died.
(c) Trock hit him.
(d) The police came.
14. Who discovers Mio and Miriamne together in Act 2?
15. Who does Miriamne kiss in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) A sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is accused of Shadow's death?
2. Why can't anyone locate the dead body in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Who offers Judge Gaunt food in Act 2?
4. What is Mio's opinion of faith?
5. Which character does Mio threaten to murder in Act 2?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)