|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shadow take away from Trock in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) His phone.
(b) A letter.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
2. How does Judge Gaunt describe the professor's work?
(b) A tawdry tabloid.
(c) Sheer genius.
(d) Pure fabrication.
3. What animal does Mio compare himself to in Act 2?
(a) A bug.
(b) A lion.
(c) A snake.
(d) A tiger.
4. Why does the Tramp enter the apartment in Act 2?
(a) He is bleeding and needs help.
(b) Esdras needs him to deliver a message.
(c) He is looking for a place to stay.
(d) To deliver a message.
5. What did Mio's father leave behind when he died?
(a) A letter.
(b) His love.
(c) A trust fund.
6. Who tells Mio to leave the apartment?
7. Who discovers Mio and Miriamne together in Act 2?
8. What is Miriamne's ethnic background?
9. What is Miriamne's opinion of Mio's personal philosophy?
(a) Cripples often need a crutch.
(b) He believes the very faith he denies.
(c) Faith determines the will.
(d) The tree is only as strong as the roots are deep.
10. Which character offers to guide Judge Gaunt to the transit terminal?
11. What name does Mio give Trock in Act 2?
(c) Theophrastus Such.
12. In Act 2, how does Mio keep Trock from leaving the room?
(a) By blocking the doorway.
(b) With Trock's own gun.
(c) By threatening to call the police.
(d) By locking the door.
13. Why does Garth claim he was taken in for questioning at the time of the pay roll robbery murder?
(a) He is a victim of racial profiling.
(b) He resembled a suspect.
(c) He once met Romagna at a party.
(d) He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
14. Why does Miriamne apologize to Esdras at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) She does not want to follow his advice.
(b) She feels he is wrong.
(c) She cannot agree with his views.
(d) She wasn't listening to him.
15. What is Esdras speaking about with Miriamne at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) Her future.
(c) The Talmud.
(d) The murder case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mio's opinion of faith?
2. In the beginning of Act 2, what sound can be heard offstage?
3. What announcement does Carr make at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What happened the last time Trock asked someone if he was all through?
5. Who does Trock want to drive home in a car?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)