|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trock tell Shadow will happen in six months?
(a) He will get married.
(b) The world will end.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will be tried for murder.
2. Whom does the Radical accuse of capitalist oppression?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
(b) The Policeman.
3. What does Lucia get to do "every day in every way?"
(a) Eat well.
(b) Bring joy.
(c) Make friends.
(d) Raise hell.
4. What does Garth know about Romagna?
(a) He was part of the gang.
(b) He was innocent.
(c) He murdered a man.
(d) He was a thief.
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, to what does Garth attribute his father's fears?
(a) The weather.
(b) The bill collector.
(c) Miriamne's absence.
(d) The cost of repairs.
6. What concern does Shadow have about Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He fears Trock will shoot him.
(b) He thinks Trock is losing his mind.
(c) He is concerned about Trock's health.
(d) He fears shouting will land Trock back in prison.
7. What offense is the Radical accused of committing?
(a) Disturbing the peace.
(b) Inciting a riot.
(c) Assaulting an officer.
(d) Speaking without a flag.
8. Why does Shadow think Trock should be "full of high thought?"
(a) He just got out of prison.
(b) His health is not good.
(c) He is a role model.
(d) Thoughts indicate a person's state of mind.
9. In Act 1, Scene 3, who is looking for the two girls from the beginning of the scene?
10. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
(a) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
(b) On the roof of the tenement building.
(c) On top of the bridge.
(d) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
11. Who murdered a man during a robbery?
12. What has reportedly happened to Judge Gaunt?
(a) He has been accused of tampering with the jury.
(b) He is out for revenge.
(c) He has been caught stealing.
(d) He has lost his mind.
13. In Act 1, Scene 2, what item is in need of repair?
(a) The piano.
(b) The violin.
(c) The kitchen sink.
(d) The front door of the apartment.
14. What is referred to as a "Blind Snake" at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The river.
(d) Trock's demeanor.
15. What comfort does Shadow offer Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) True love always waits.
(b) He is young and will heal.
(c) His friends will remember him.
(d) There is no evidence to convict him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, where does Shadow reveal Trock has just been?
2. What does Trock tell the Two Young Men to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Who is Judge Gaunt?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what prop does the Radical present to the Policeman?
5. How do Trock and Shadow make Piny feel?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)