|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Miriamne without success?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Trock threaten to do to anyone who listens in on his conversation?
(a) Shoot them through the door.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Stab them.
(d) Throw them out the window.
3. What would Garth like to teach?
(a) Piano lessons.
(b) Elementary school.
(c) Violin lessons.
4. What type of language is used in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How do Trock and Shadow make Piny feel?
6. What belief does Trock have about the local authorities?
(a) He no longer cares about authority.
(b) They are all liars.
(c) They want him back in prison.
(d) Only those who can be bribed can be trusted.
7. In Act 1, Scene 3, who is looking for the two girls from the beginning of the scene?
8. In Act 1, Scene 2, to what does Garth attribute his father's fears?
(a) The weather.
(b) The cost of repairs.
(c) Miriamne's absence.
(d) The bill collector.
9. How does Garth defend himself against Trock's accusations?
(a) He reminds Trock who is the leader.
(b) He points out that he destroyed the letter.
(c) He lists all the things he has done for Trock.
(d) He points out that Romagna is already dead.
10. What does Garth know about Romagna?
(a) He was part of the gang.
(b) He was a thief.
(c) He was innocent.
(d) He murdered a man.
11. What instrument does Lucia play?
(a) A violin.
(b) A flute.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A piano.
12. Who sent Garth a letter?
(c) A lawyer.
13. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
(a) On top of the bridge.
(b) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
(c) On the roof of the tenement building.
(d) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
14. What is referred to as a "Blind Snake" at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(c) The river.
(d) Trock's demeanor.
15. Why does Trock shout in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is railing against stupidity.
(b) He is raging against love.
(c) He is startled by Shadow's entrance.
(d) He sees what he thinks is a ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Garth tell Miriamne to go in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What did Garth do to the letter?
3. What time of day does the play open?
4. Whom does the Radical accuse of capitalist oppression?
5. What does Trock tell Shadow will happen in six months?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)