|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of language is used in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Piny sell?
(c) Sweet pies.
3. Why does Trock fear death?
(a) His father died before he had a chance to really live.
(b) He has no faith.
(c) He knows he would be executed if sent back to prison.
(d) He is too young to die.
4. In what month is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
5. Who defends the Radical against the Policeman in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
6. What have the police told Lucia to stop doing?
(a) Giving the Tramp food.
(b) Speaking about politics on the street corner.
(c) Playing his piano in the street.
(d) Panhandling for money.
7. How does Lucia describe Trock and Shadow in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) As a nice boy.
(b) As the bees knees.
(c) As something the river washed up.
(d) A the strangest bird he's seen all day.
8. What belief does Trock have about the local authorities?
(a) Only those who can be bribed can be trusted.
(b) He no longer cares about authority.
(c) They want him back in prison.
(d) They are all liars.
9. Where does Lucia imagine Trock was raised?
(a) By wolves.
(b) In a cellar.
(c) In the city.
(d) In a barn.
10. What does Carr whistle as the crowd disperses in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) America the Beautiful.
(b) The Star Spangled Banner.
(c) Ode To Joy.
(d) The Battle Hymn of the Republic.
11. How does Miriamne know about the letter?
(a) She saw the pieces in the trash can.
(b) She found it on the floor of Garth's room.
(c) She fished it out of the commode.
(d) It fell as she was making Garth's bed.
12. Who is Mio?
(a) Romagna's son.
(b) Garth's half-brother.
(c) Carr's cousin.
(d) A gang member.
13. What did Garth do to the letter?
(a) He burned it.
(b) He flushed it down the commode.
(c) He hid it under his mattress.
(d) He tore it up.
14. What does Garth confess to Miriamne at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He was an accessory to murder during a robbery.
(b) He would rather die than go back to prison.
(c) He is ready to leave town.
(d) He is afraid of Trock.
15. What does Trock tell Shadow will happen in six months?
(a) He will get married.
(b) He will die.
(c) The world will end.
(d) He will be tried for murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trock tell the Two Young Men to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who sent Garth a letter?
3. Which character's nosiness is annoying both Trock and Garth?
4. What instrument does Lucia play?
5. Who is "the doc at the gate?"
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)