|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) On top of the bridge.
(b) On the roof of the tenement building.
(c) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
(d) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
2. What does Lucia get to do "every day in every way?"
(a) Raise hell.
(b) Make friends.
(c) Bring joy.
(d) Eat well.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, what do Trock and Shadow do when they see Lucia?
(a) They leave.
(b) They stroll closer to listen.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They call out to him.
4. What opinion does Trock have about Shadow?
(a) Shadow doesn't take life seriously enough.
(b) Shadow is losing his mind.
(c) Shadow is annoying, but necessary.
(d) Shadow is like a brother.
5. What is Mio's purpose in life?
(a) To prove his father's innocence.
(b) To find his father.
(c) To confront the man who murdered his father.
(d) To keep his father's identity safe.
6. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
(a) On the roof of the tenement building.
(b) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
(c) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
(d) On top of the bridge.
7. What does Piny sell?
(b) Sweet pies.
8. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Miriamne without success?
9. What instrument does Lucia play?
(a) A piano.
(b) A flute.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A violin.
10. In Act 1, Scene 3, who is looking for the two girls from the beginning of the scene?
11. What does Garth confess to Miriamne at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is afraid of Trock.
(b) He is ready to leave town.
(c) He would rather die than go back to prison.
(d) He was an accessory to murder during a robbery.
12. Why does Shadow think Trock should be "full of high thought?"
(a) His health is not good.
(b) Thoughts indicate a person's state of mind.
(c) He just got out of prison.
(d) He is a role model.
13. Based on Trock's speech and mannerisms, how does he appear to be feeling in Act 1, Scene 1?
14. What are the two girls in Act 1, Scene 3 discussing as they pass the Tramp?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) Lucia's music.
(c) The cost of apples.
(d) The murder trial.
15. What does Garth know about Romagna?
(a) He murdered a man.
(b) He was a thief.
(c) He was innocent.
(d) He was part of the gang.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comfort does Shadow offer Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, who slips into the crowd with the Two Young Men?
3. What does Lucia tell Piny to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. In what month is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
5. What does Carr whistle as the crowd disperses in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)