|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, who ends up angering the Policeman?
2. What instrument does Lucia play?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A violin.
(c) A flute.
(d) A piano.
3. What does Garth know about Romagna?
(a) He was a thief.
(b) He was innocent.
(c) He murdered a man.
(d) He was part of the gang.
4. How do Trock and Shadow make Piny feel?
5. What is Garth inspecting when Miriamne arrives?
(a) The street scene.
(b) His piano.
(c) The kitchen sink.
(d) His violin.
6. What opinion does Trock have about Shadow?
(a) Shadow is like a brother.
(b) Shadow is annoying, but necessary.
(c) Shadow is losing his mind.
(d) Shadow doesn't take life seriously enough.
7. Whom did Garth tell the truth about Romanga's case?
(d) No one.
8. Why does Trock fear death?
(a) His father died before he had a chance to really live.
(b) He has no faith.
(c) He is too young to die.
(d) He knows he would be executed if sent back to prison.
9. What concern does Shadow have about Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He fears Trock will shoot him.
(b) He is concerned about Trock's health.
(c) He fears shouting will land Trock back in prison.
(d) He thinks Trock is losing his mind.
10. Why does Shadow think Trock should be "full of high thought?"
(a) He just got out of prison.
(b) His health is not good.
(c) He is a role model.
(d) Thoughts indicate a person's state of mind.
11. What does Lucia get to do "every day in every way?"
(a) Make friends.
(b) Raise hell.
(c) Bring joy.
(d) Eat well.
12. Why does Trock shout in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is raging against love.
(b) He sees what he thinks is a ghost.
(c) He is startled by Shadow's entrance.
(d) He is railing against stupidity.
13. What are the two girls in Act 1, Scene 3 discussing as they pass the Tramp?
(a) Lucia's music.
(b) The cost of apples.
(c) The murder trial.
(d) A marriage proposal.
14. How does Shadow describe Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A real pip.
(b) As a true friend.
(c) As the skinny kind that lives forever.
(d) The most fascinating and annoying person he knows.
15. Who enters the room with Trock in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, who asks Miriamne to leave the room?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, which character did Trock come to visit?
3. How is Miriamne related to Garth?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what prop does the Radical present to the Policeman?
5. What does Carr prevent the policeman from doing in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)