|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, who is looking for the two girls from the beginning of the scene?
2. Who dances with Miriamne during Lucia's last performance?
3. What does Lucia get to do "every day in every way?"
(a) Eat well.
(b) Make friends.
(c) Bring joy.
(d) Raise hell.
4. What does Trock ask both Esdras and Miriamne to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Find the letter.
(b) Stay and listen.
(c) Leave the room.
(d) Get his coat.
5. What concern does Shadow have about Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He thinks Trock is losing his mind.
(b) He is concerned about Trock's health.
(c) He fears Trock will shoot him.
(d) He fears shouting will land Trock back in prison.
6. What does Trock tell Shadow will happen in six months?
(a) He will be tried for murder.
(b) He will die.
(c) The world will end.
(d) He will get married.
7. What comfort does Shadow offer Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) There is no evidence to convict him.
(b) His friends will remember him.
(c) He is young and will heal.
(d) True love always waits.
8. In Act 1, Scene 2, what item is in need of repair?
(a) The kitchen sink.
(b) The violin.
(c) The front door of the apartment.
(d) The piano.
9. In Act 1, Scene 3, who calls Miriamne back into the apartment?
10. Who defends the Radical against the Policeman in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
11. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Miriamne without success?
12. How does Lucia describe Trock and Shadow in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) As the bees knees.
(b) As a nice boy.
(c) As something the river washed up.
(d) A the strangest bird he's seen all day.
13. What does Carr prevent the policeman from doing in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Striking Mio.
(b) Striking Piny.
(c) Arresting Miriamne.
(d) Gassing the crowd.
14. What would Garth like to teach?
(a) Piano lessons.
(b) Elementary school.
(c) Violin lessons.
15. Whom does the Radical accuse of capitalist oppression?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
(c) The Policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the police told Lucia to stop doing?
2. How does Miriamne know about the letter?
3. How is Miriamne related to Garth?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, who slips into the crowd with the Two Young Men?
5. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)