|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trock tell Shadow will happen in six months?
(a) He will be tried for murder.
(b) He will die.
(c) He will get married.
(d) The world will end.
2. What does Garth confess to Miriamne at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He would rather die than go back to prison.
(b) He is afraid of Trock.
(c) He is ready to leave town.
(d) He was an accessory to murder during a robbery.
3. What type of language is used in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, who slips into the crowd with the Two Young Men?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, who begins to defend the Policeman?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
6. What are the two girls in Act 1, Scene 3 discussing as they pass the Tramp?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) Lucia's music.
(c) The murder trial.
(d) The cost of apples.
7. What does Trock tell the Two Young Men to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Take a walk.
(b) Follow Shadow.
(c) Follow him.
(d) Watch his car.
8. What offense is the Radical accused of committing?
(a) Disturbing the peace.
(b) Speaking without a flag.
(c) Assaulting an officer.
(d) Inciting a riot.
9. What belief does Trock have about the local authorities?
(a) They are all liars.
(b) Only those who can be bribed can be trusted.
(c) They want him back in prison.
(d) He no longer cares about authority.
10. How is Miriamne related to Garth?
(a) She is Garth's fiancée.
(b) She is Garth's cousin.
(c) She is Garth's sister.
(d) She and Garth are lovers.
11. In Act 1, Scene 2, to what does Garth attribute his father's fears?
(a) The bill collector.
(b) The weather.
(c) Miriamne's absence.
(d) The cost of repairs.
12. In Act 1, Scene 2, what item is in need of repair?
(a) The piano.
(b) The front door of the apartment.
(c) The kitchen sink.
(d) The violin.
13. Where does Garth tell Miriamne to go in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) To the store.
(c) To school.
(d) Into her bedroom.
14. In Act 1, Scene 1, what do Trock and Shadow do when they see Lucia?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They leave.
(c) They call out to him.
(d) They stroll closer to listen.
15. What does Garth know about Romagna?
(a) He was part of the gang.
(b) He was a thief.
(c) He was innocent.
(d) He murdered a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has reportedly happened to Judge Gaunt?
2. How do Trock and Shadow make Piny feel?
3. What explanation does Trock give for returning to the area?
4. Why does Trock shout in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who murdered a man during a robbery?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)