|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
(a) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
(b) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
(c) On top of the bridge.
(d) On the roof of the tenement building.
2. How does Lucia describe Trock and Shadow in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) As the bees knees.
(b) As something the river washed up.
(c) As a nice boy.
(d) A the strangest bird he's seen all day.
3. Who believes that it is better to tell a lie and live, rather than speak the truth and die?
4. What concern does Shadow have about Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He fears Trock will shoot him.
(b) He fears shouting will land Trock back in prison.
(c) He is concerned about Trock's health.
(d) He thinks Trock is losing his mind.
5. What is Mio's purpose in life?
(a) To find his father.
(b) To confront the man who murdered his father.
(c) To prove his father's innocence.
(d) To keep his father's identity safe.
6. In Act 1, Scene 2, which character did Trock come to visit?
7. In Act 1, Scene 1, where does Shadow reveal Trock has just been?
(a) Inside the apartment.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In prison.
(d) In the river.
8. In Act 1, Scene 2, to what does Garth attribute his father's fears?
(a) Miriamne's absence.
(b) The weather.
(c) The cost of repairs.
(d) The bill collector.
9. In Act 1, Scene 3, who is looking for the two girls from the beginning of the scene?
10. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) On the roof of the tenement building.
(b) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
(c) On top of the bridge.
(d) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
11. What is Garth inspecting when Miriamne arrives?
(a) His piano.
(b) The street scene.
(c) His violin.
(d) The kitchen sink.
12. Who is "the doc at the gate?"
(a) The doorman of the apartment.
(b) The prison doctor.
(c) Saint Peter.
(d) The physician at the local hospital.
13. How do Trock and Shadow make Piny feel?
14. What opinion does Trock have about Shadow?
(a) Shadow is annoying, but necessary.
(b) Shadow is like a brother.
(c) Shadow is losing his mind.
(d) Shadow doesn't take life seriously enough.
15. What does Carr whistle as the crowd disperses in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Ode To Joy.
(b) The Star Spangled Banner.
(c) America the Beautiful.
(d) The Battle Hymn of the Republic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lucia imagine Trock was raised?
2. What instrument does Lucia play?
3. How does Shadow describe Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who sent Garth a letter?
5. Who does Esdras bring into the apartment?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)