|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
2. What does Gaunt ask the Tramp?
(a) The name of the street.
(b) For the time.
(c) If he has seen Garth.
(d) If he has seen Esdras.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, who asks Miriamne to leave the room?
(b) No one.
4. What is Garth inspecting when Miriamne arrives?
(a) His violin.
(b) The street scene.
(c) His piano.
(d) The kitchen sink.
5. Whom did Garth tell the truth about Romanga's case?
(a) No one.
6. Who whispers about Miriamne behind her back?
(a) Kids at school.
7. How is Miriamne related to Garth?
(a) She is Garth's sister.
(b) She and Garth are lovers.
(c) She is Garth's fiancée.
(d) She is Garth's cousin.
8. What concern does Shadow have about Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is concerned about Trock's health.
(b) He fears Trock will shoot him.
(c) He thinks Trock is losing his mind.
(d) He fears shouting will land Trock back in prison.
9. Who is sitting alone at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
10. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Miriamne without success?
11. What is Mio's purpose in life?
(a) To keep his father's identity safe.
(b) To find his father.
(c) To prove his father's innocence.
(d) To confront the man who murdered his father.
12. In Act 1, Scene 2, what item is in need of repair?
(a) The piano.
(b) The kitchen sink.
(c) The violin.
(d) The front door of the apartment.
13. What advice is given to Garth in the letter?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Tell no one but your local priest.
(d) Stay hidden.
14. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Trock threaten to do to anyone who listens in on his conversation?
(a) Stab them.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Shoot them through the door.
(d) Throw them out the window.
15. How does Garth defend himself against Trock's accusations?
(a) He lists all the things he has done for Trock.
(b) He points out that he destroyed the letter.
(c) He reminds Trock who is the leader.
(d) He points out that Romagna is already dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mio believe the police know about his father?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, what prop does the Radical present to the Policeman?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why are both Trock and Garth unhappy?
4. What does Garth know about Romagna?
5. How does Shadow describe Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)