|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Trock give for returning to the area?
(a) His doctor recommended local treatment.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He wants to reconnect with his childhood.
(d) He wants to find out if there is any evidence to convict him.
2. What does Trock tell the Two Young Men to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Follow Shadow.
(b) Take a walk.
(c) Watch his car.
(d) Follow him.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, who begins to defend the Policeman?
(d) Judge Gaunt.
4. Why does Trock feel poisoned?
(a) Prison life poisoned him.
(b) His friends have abandoned him.
(c) Life is too short.
(d) His drink tastes odd.
5. What advice is given to Garth in the letter?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Tell no one but your local priest.
(d) Stay hidden.
6. What does Garth confess to Miriamne at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He would rather die than go back to prison.
(b) He is afraid of Trock.
(c) He is ready to leave town.
(d) He was an accessory to murder during a robbery.
7. What belief does Trock have about the local authorities?
(a) Only those who can be bribed can be trusted.
(b) He no longer cares about authority.
(c) They want him back in prison.
(d) They are all liars.
8. What is Mio's purpose in life?
(a) To prove his father's innocence.
(b) To keep his father's identity safe.
(c) To find his father.
(d) To confront the man who murdered his father.
9. Where does Lucia imagine Trock was raised?
(a) By wolves.
(b) In the city.
(c) In a cellar.
(d) In a barn.
10. Which character's nosiness is annoying both Trock and Garth?
(c) A university professor.
11. Who believes that it is better to tell a lie and live, rather than speak the truth and die?
12. In Act 1, Scene 2, where has Garth been for three days?
(a) In the apartment.
(b) No one knows.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The hospital.
13. In Act 1, Scene 1, where does Shadow reveal Trock has just been?
(a) In prison.
(b) In the river.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) Inside the apartment.
14. In Act 1, Scene 1, where are the Two Young Men?
(a) Leaning against the struts of the bridge.
(b) On top of the bridge.
(c) On the roof of the tenement.
(d) Behind the apartment.
15. What is referred to as a "Blind Snake" at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The river.
(d) Trock's demeanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Trock fear death?
2. Act 1, Scene 1, what revelation does Trock give Shadow about his personal life?
3. What is the Tramp doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What offense is the Radical accused of committing?
5. Who is Mio?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)