Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Trock give for returning to the area?
(a) His doctor recommended local treatment.
(b) He is in love.
(c) He wants to find out if there is any evidence to convict him.
(d) He wants to reconnect with his childhood.
2. Who sent Garth a letter?
(a) A lawyer.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, who begins to defend the Policeman?
(c) Judge Gaunt.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, to what does Garth attribute his father's fears?
(a) The weather.
(b) Miriamne's absence.
(c) The cost of repairs.
(d) The bill collector.
5. What does Garth know about Romagna?
(a) He was a thief.
(b) He was innocent.
(c) He was part of the gang.
(d) He murdered a man.
6. What is Mio's purpose in life?
(a) To prove his father's innocence.
(b) To confront the man who murdered his father.
(c) To find his father.
(d) To keep his father's identity safe.
7. What does Trock ask both Esdras and Miriamne to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Get his coat.
(b) Stay and listen.
(c) Find the letter.
(d) Leave the room.
8. In Act 1, Scene 3, who calls Miriamne back into the apartment?
9. How does Shadow describe Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) As a true friend.
(b) As the skinny kind that lives forever.
(c) A real pip.
(d) The most fascinating and annoying person he knows.
10. In what month is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
11. What does Trock tell Shadow will happen in six months?
(a) He will die.
(b) The world will end.
(c) He will be tried for murder.
(d) He will get married.
12. What does Carr prevent the policeman from doing in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Striking Mio.
(b) Arresting Miriamne.
(c) Gassing the crowd.
(d) Striking Piny.
13. What claim does Garth make about his future in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The end is near.
(b) He wants revenge.
(c) He wants to leave his life of crime behind him.
(d) He would like to be a teacher.
14. In Act 1, Scene 2, which character did Trock come to visit?
15. In Act 1, Scene 2, who asks Miriamne to leave the room?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
2. Who whispers about Miriamne behind her back?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, who ends up angering the Policeman?
4. Where does Lucia imagine Trock was raised?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Miriamne without success?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)