|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mio believe the police know about his father?
(a) His location.
(c) He is still in hiding.
(d) He was innocent.
2. What time of day does the play open?
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Early evening.
(d) Early morning.
3. Why does Trock fear death?
(a) His father died before he had a chance to really live.
(b) He is too young to die.
(c) He has no faith.
(d) He knows he would be executed if sent back to prison.
4. Who is sitting alone at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What has reportedly happened to Judge Gaunt?
(a) He has been caught stealing.
(b) He has been accused of tampering with the jury.
(c) He has lost his mind.
(d) He is out for revenge.
6. What does Trock tell Shadow will happen in six months?
(a) He will die.
(b) He will be tried for murder.
(c) He will get married.
(d) The world will end.
7. Who is Mio?
(a) Romagna's son.
(b) Garth's half-brother.
(c) A gang member.
(d) Carr's cousin.
8. What is referred to as a "Blind Snake" at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(c) The river.
(d) Trock's demeanor.
9. What does Trock tell the Two Young Men to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Follow him.
(b) Watch his car.
(c) Follow Shadow.
(d) Take a walk.
10. Based on Trock's speech and mannerisms, how does he appear to be feeling in Act 1, Scene 1?
11. What are the two girls in Act 1, Scene 3 discussing as they pass the Tramp?
(a) The cost of apples.
(b) The murder trial.
(c) A marriage proposal.
(d) Lucia's music.
12. What does Piny sell?
(d) Sweet pies.
13. In Act 1, Scene 1, where does Shadow reveal Trock has just been?
(a) In the river.
(b) In prison.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) Inside the apartment.
14. Who is "the doc at the gate?"
(a) The prison doctor.
(b) The physician at the local hospital.
(c) The doorman of the apartment.
(d) Saint Peter.
15. In Act 1, Scene 3, who ends up angering the Policeman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
2. What instrument does Lucia play?
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Miriamne without success?
4. What does Garth confess to Miriamne at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)