|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concern does Shadow have about Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He fears Trock will shoot him.
(b) He is concerned about Trock's health.
(c) He thinks Trock is losing his mind.
(d) He fears shouting will land Trock back in prison.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, what prop does the Radical present to the Policeman?
(a) A white flag.
(b) A small American flag.
(c) A toy gun.
(d) A toy dagger.
3. Who enters the room with Trock in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What time of day does the play open?
(b) Early evening.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Late afternoon.
5. How does Trock respond to Shadow's concern in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Those who would imprison him should fear for their lives.
(b) Shadow should mind his own business.
(c) Insanity is only a state of mind.
(d) His gun is his right hand.
6. What does Trock tell Shadow will happen in six months?
(a) He will get married.
(b) The world will end.
(c) He will die.
(d) He will be tried for murder.
7. How does Miriamne know about the letter?
(a) She found it on the floor of Garth's room.
(b) She saw the pieces in the trash can.
(c) It fell as she was making Garth's bed.
(d) She fished it out of the commode.
8. In Act 1, Scene 3, who ends up angering the Policeman?
9. Based on Trock's speech and mannerisms, how does he appear to be feeling in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. In Act 1, Scene 1, where does Shadow reveal Trock has just been?
(a) Inside the apartment.
(b) In the river.
(c) In prison.
(d) In the hospital.
11. What does Gaunt ask the Tramp?
(a) The name of the street.
(b) If he has seen Esdras.
(c) For the time.
(d) If he has seen Garth.
12. What comfort does Shadow offer Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) True love always waits.
(b) He is young and will heal.
(c) His friends will remember him.
(d) There is no evidence to convict him.
13. In Act 1, Scene 2, what item is in need of repair?
(a) The violin.
(b) The kitchen sink.
(c) The front door of the apartment.
(d) The piano.
14. What does Carr whistle as the crowd disperses in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) America the Beautiful.
(b) The Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(c) The Star Spangled Banner.
(d) Ode To Joy.
15. How do Trock and Shadow make Piny feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Trock feel poisoned?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, who slips into the crowd with the Two Young Men?
3. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
4. What does Lucia tell Piny to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who dances with Miriamne during Lucia's last performance?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)