|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Miriamne without success?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, where has Garth been for three days?
(a) In the apartment.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) No one knows.
(d) The hospital.
3. What time of day does the play open?
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Early evening.
4. Based on Trock's speech and mannerisms, how does he appear to be feeling in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who dances with Miriamne during Lucia's last performance?
6. In Act 1, Scene 3, who slips into the crowd with the Two Young Men?
7. What comfort does Shadow offer Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) True love always waits.
(b) He is young and will heal.
(c) His friends will remember him.
(d) There is no evidence to convict him.
8. Act 1, Scene 1, what revelation does Trock give Shadow about his personal life?
(a) He is dying.
(b) He has given up.
(c) He is completely broke.
(d) He is in love.
9. What does Trock ask both Esdras and Miriamne to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Leave the room.
(b) Find the letter.
(c) Get his coat.
(d) Stay and listen.
10. What explanation does Trock give for returning to the area?
(a) He wants to reconnect with his childhood.
(b) He wants to find out if there is any evidence to convict him.
(c) He is in love.
(d) His doctor recommended local treatment.
11. Who is Judge Gaunt?
(a) The judge who sent Garth to jail.
(b) Garth's upstairs neighbor.
(c) The judge at Romagna's trial.
(d) The judge who sentenced Trock to prison.
12. Why does Shadow think Trock should be "full of high thought?"
(a) He just got out of prison.
(b) He is a role model.
(c) Thoughts indicate a person's state of mind.
(d) His health is not good.
13. Who does Esdras bring into the apartment?
(d) Judge Gaunt.
14. What does Piny sell?
(c) Sweet pies.
15. What is Mio's purpose in life?
(a) To find his father.
(b) To keep his father's identity safe.
(c) To prove his father's innocence.
(d) To confront the man who murdered his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, to what does Garth attribute his father's fears?
2. What does Carr whistle as the crowd disperses in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Where does Lucia imagine Trock was raised?
4. Where is Act 1, Scene 3 set?
5. What is the Tramp doing at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)