|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, what prop does the Radical present to the Policeman?
(a) A toy dagger.
(b) A small American flag.
(c) A toy gun.
(d) A white flag.
2. What have the police told Lucia to stop doing?
(a) Playing his piano in the street.
(b) Panhandling for money.
(c) Speaking about politics on the street corner.
(d) Giving the Tramp food.
3. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Miriamne without success?
4. Who sent Garth a letter?
(d) A lawyer.
5. What does Piny sell?
(b) Sweet pies.
6. What does Lucia tell Piny to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Pass the peas.
(b) Fetch the police.
(c) Ignore Trock.
(d) Look on the bright side.
7. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) On top of the bridge.
(b) On the roof of the tenement building.
(c) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
(d) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
8. In what month is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
9. How do Trock and Shadow make Piny feel?
10. In Act 1, Scene 1, where are the Two Young Men?
(a) Leaning against the struts of the bridge.
(b) On the roof of the tenement.
(c) Behind the apartment.
(d) On top of the bridge.
11. Whom did Garth tell the truth about Romanga's case?
(d) No one.
12. Who is Mio?
(a) Carr's cousin.
(b) A gang member.
(c) Romagna's son.
(d) Garth's half-brother.
13. What advice is given to Garth in the letter?
(a) Leave town.
(b) Tell no one but your local priest.
(c) Stay hidden.
14. Who murdered a man during a robbery?
15. Where does Garth tell Miriamne to go in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Into her bedroom.
(b) To school.
(c) To the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, who begins to defend the Policeman?
2. What time of day does the play open?
3. Why doesn't Miriamne want to come back inside the apartment?
4. How does Shadow describe Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What does Carr prevent the policeman from doing in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)