|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on Trock's speech and mannerisms, how does he appear to be feeling in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How does Lucia describe Trock and Shadow in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) As a nice boy.
(b) As something the river washed up.
(c) A the strangest bird he's seen all day.
(d) As the bees knees.
3. How is Miriamne related to Garth?
(a) She and Garth are lovers.
(b) She is Garth's cousin.
(c) She is Garth's fiancée.
(d) She is Garth's sister.
4. Whom does the Radical accuse of capitalist oppression?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
(b) The Policeman.
5. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) On top of the bridge.
(b) On the roof of the tenement building.
(c) On the banks of a river under a bridge.
(d) In a basement apartment near the bridge.
6. Why doesn't Miriamne want to come back inside the apartment?
(a) She is waiting for Lucia
(b) She has been crying.
(c) She is waiting for Shadow.
(d) She is angry with Garth.
7. Where does Garth tell Miriamne to go in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the store.
(c) Into her bedroom.
(d) To school.
8. What does Mio believe the police know about his father?
(a) He was innocent.
(b) His location.
(c) He is still in hiding.
9. What does Lucia get to do "every day in every way?"
(a) Raise hell.
(b) Bring joy.
(c) Make friends.
(d) Eat well.
10. What does Trock tell the Two Young Men to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Watch his car.
(b) Follow Shadow.
(c) Follow him.
(d) Take a walk.
11. Who believes that it is better to tell a lie and live, rather than speak the truth and die?
12. What does Carr whistle as the crowd disperses in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Ode To Joy.
(b) America the Beautiful.
(c) The Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(d) The Star Spangled Banner.
13. In Act 1, Scene 3, who calls Miriamne back into the apartment?
14. Who is "the doc at the gate?"
(a) Saint Peter.
(b) The prison doctor.
(c) The doorman of the apartment.
(d) The physician at the local hospital.
15. What does Lucia tell Piny to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Pass the peas.
(b) Look on the bright side.
(c) Ignore Trock.
(d) Fetch the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting alone at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does Carr prevent the policeman from doing in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What would Garth like to teach?
4. Who enters the room with Trock in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, what prop does the Radical present to the Policeman?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)