|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Esdras bring into the apartment?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
2. Who enters the room with Trock in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Why does Trock shout in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He sees what he thinks is a ghost.
(b) He is startled by Shadow's entrance.
(c) He is raging against love.
(d) He is railing against stupidity.
4. What does Mio believe the police know about his father?
(a) His location.
(b) He was innocent.
(c) He is still in hiding.
5. What is Garth inspecting when Miriamne arrives?
(a) The kitchen sink.
(b) His violin.
(c) His piano.
(d) The street scene.
6. What does Lucia get to do "every day in every way?"
(a) Eat well.
(b) Raise hell.
(c) Make friends.
(d) Bring joy.
7. Who sent Garth a letter?
(c) A lawyer.
8. Who murdered a man during a robbery?
9. In Act 1, Scene 2, who asks Miriamne to leave the room?
(c) No one.
10. Who is Mio?
(a) Garth's half-brother.
(b) Carr's cousin.
(c) Romagna's son.
(d) A gang member.
11. In Act 1, Scene 3, who begins to defend the Policeman?
(c) Judge Gaunt.
12. What does Garth know about Romagna?
(a) He was innocent.
(b) He murdered a man.
(c) He was a thief.
(d) He was part of the gang.
13. What opinion does Trock have about Shadow?
(a) Shadow is annoying, but necessary.
(b) Shadow is losing his mind.
(c) Shadow doesn't take life seriously enough.
(d) Shadow is like a brother.
14. Who believes that it is better to tell a lie and live, rather than speak the truth and die?
15. In Act 1, Scene 3, who slips into the crowd with the Two Young Men?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Garth defend himself against Trock's accusations?
2. What does Trock tell Shadow will happen in six months?
3. What are the two girls in Act 1, Scene 3 discussing as they pass the Tramp?
4. What does Lucia tell Piny to do at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What claim does Garth make about his future in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)