|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trock ask both Esdras and Miriamne to do in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Stay and listen.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Get his coat.
(d) Find the letter.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, who follows Miriamne without success?
3. What type of language is used in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why does Trock shout in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is raging against love.
(b) He is railing against stupidity.
(c) He sees what he thinks is a ghost.
(d) He is startled by Shadow's entrance.
5. What does Mio believe the police know about his father?
(b) He was innocent.
(c) His location.
(d) He is still in hiding.
6. In Act 1, Scene 3, who ends up angering the Policeman?
7. Where does Lucia imagine Trock was raised?
(a) In a barn.
(b) In a cellar.
(c) By wolves.
(d) In the city.
8. What does Lucia get to do "every day in every way?"
(a) Make friends.
(b) Bring joy.
(c) Eat well.
(d) Raise hell.
9. How do Trock and Shadow make Piny feel?
10. Who is sitting alone at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
11. Whom does the Radical accuse of capitalist oppression?
(a) Judge Gaunt.
(c) The Policeman.
12. What does Trock tell the Two Young Men to do in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Follow him.
(b) Follow Shadow.
(c) Take a walk.
(d) Watch his car.
13. What instrument does Lucia play?
(a) A flute.
(b) A violin.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A piano.
14. In Act 1, Scene 1, where are the Two Young Men?
(a) On top of the bridge.
(b) On the roof of the tenement.
(c) Behind the apartment.
(d) Leaning against the struts of the bridge.
15. What claim does Garth make about his future in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He wants to leave his life of crime behind him.
(b) He would like to be a teacher.
(c) He wants revenge.
(d) The end is near.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Esdras bring into the apartment?
2. What has reportedly happened to Judge Gaunt?
3. What belief does Trock have about the local authorities?
4. What is Garth inspecting when Miriamne arrives?
5. Why doesn't Miriamne want to come back inside the apartment?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)