|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carr prevent the policeman from doing in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Striking Piny.
(b) Arresting Miriamne.
(c) Gassing the crowd.
(d) Striking Mio.
2. What is Garth inspecting when Miriamne arrives?
(a) The kitchen sink.
(b) His piano.
(c) His violin.
(d) The street scene.
3. What explanation does Trock give for returning to the area?
(a) His doctor recommended local treatment.
(b) He wants to find out if there is any evidence to convict him.
(c) He is in love.
(d) He wants to reconnect with his childhood.
4. What does Garth confess to Miriamne at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He was an accessory to murder during a robbery.
(b) He would rather die than go back to prison.
(c) He is ready to leave town.
(d) He is afraid of Trock.
5. Who is Mio?
(a) Romagna's son.
(b) A gang member.
(c) Carr's cousin.
(d) Garth's half-brother.
6. How does Shadow describe Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A real pip.
(b) As the skinny kind that lives forever.
(c) The most fascinating and annoying person he knows.
(d) As a true friend.
7. In Act 1, Scene 3, who slips into the crowd with the Two Young Men?
8. What opinion does Trock have about Shadow?
(a) Shadow is losing his mind.
(b) Shadow is annoying, but necessary.
(c) Shadow is like a brother.
(d) Shadow doesn't take life seriously enough.
9. Who is "the doc at the gate?"
(a) The physician at the local hospital.
(b) The prison doctor.
(c) The doorman of the apartment.
(d) Saint Peter.
10. Who believes that it is better to tell a lie and live, rather than speak the truth and die?
11. In Act 1, Scene 3, who begins to defend the Policeman?
(d) Judge Gaunt.
12. In Act 1, Scene 2, where has Garth been for three days?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) The hospital.
(c) No one knows.
(d) In the apartment.
13. What comfort does Shadow offer Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) True love always waits.
(b) He is young and will heal.
(c) His friends will remember him.
(d) There is no evidence to convict him.
14. In Act 1, Scene 3, what prop does the Radical present to the Policeman?
(a) A white flag.
(b) A small American flag.
(c) A toy dagger.
(d) A toy gun.
15. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Trock threaten to do to anyone who listens in on his conversation?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Throw them out the window.
(c) Stab them.
(d) Shoot them through the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Garth do to the letter?
2. What concern does Shadow have about Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What advice is given to Garth in the letter?
4. Where does Lucia imagine Trock was raised?
5. What does Piny sell?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)