|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Trock shout in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He sees what he thinks is a ghost.
(b) He is startled by Shadow's entrance.
(c) He is railing against stupidity.
(d) He is raging against love.
2. Who is "the doc at the gate?"
(a) Saint Peter.
(b) The physician at the local hospital.
(c) The prison doctor.
(d) The doorman of the apartment.
3. How does Garth defend himself against Trock's accusations?
(a) He reminds Trock who is the leader.
(b) He lists all the things he has done for Trock.
(c) He points out that Romagna is already dead.
(d) He points out that he destroyed the letter.
4. What does Piny sell?
(a) Sweet pies.
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Trock threaten to do to anyone who listens in on his conversation?
(a) Stab them.
(b) Throw them out the window.
(c) Shoot them through the door.
(d) Call the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Trock give for returning to the area?
2. How is Miriamne related to Garth?
3. What claim does Garth make about his future in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What time of day does the play open?
5. What is Garth inspecting when Miriamne arrives?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)