|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lucia describe Trock and Shadow in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) As something the river washed up.
(b) As a nice boy.
(c) A the strangest bird he's seen all day.
(d) As the bees knees.
2. What concern does Shadow have about Trock in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is concerned about Trock's health.
(b) He fears Trock will shoot him.
(c) He fears shouting will land Trock back in prison.
(d) He thinks Trock is losing his mind.
3. What does Piny sell?
(d) Sweet pies.
4. What explanation does Trock give for returning to the area?
(a) He is in love.
(b) His doctor recommended local treatment.
(c) He wants to find out if there is any evidence to convict him.
(d) He wants to reconnect with his childhood.
5. Why does Trock shout in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) He is raging against love.
(b) He sees what he thinks is a ghost.
(c) He is railing against stupidity.
(d) He is startled by Shadow's entrance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of language is used in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why does Shadow think Trock should be "full of high thought?"
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, where does Shadow reveal Trock has just been?
4. In what month is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
5. Why does Trock fear death?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)