|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on Trock's speech and mannerisms, how does he appear to be feeling in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, to what does Garth attribute his father's fears?
(a) Miriamne's absence.
(b) The bill collector.
(c) The cost of repairs.
(d) The weather.
3. How is Miriamne related to Garth?
(a) She and Garth are lovers.
(b) She is Garth's fiancée.
(c) She is Garth's cousin.
(d) She is Garth's sister.
4. Who believes that it is better to tell a lie and live, rather than speak the truth and die?
5. Where does Lucia imagine Trock was raised?
(a) By wolves.
(b) In a cellar.
(c) In the city.
(d) In a barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, what item is in need of repair?
2. How does Garth defend himself against Trock's accusations?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, why are both Trock and Garth unhappy?
4. What does Trock tell Shadow will happen in six months?
5. Who whispers about Miriamne behind her back?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)