Act 1, Scene 1
• Two young men lean against the struts of the bridge.
• Trock and Shadow enter.
• The Two Young Men exit after Trock tells them to go watch his car.
• Trock shouts a poetic monologue at the city, railing against the stupidity of people.
• Shadow voices his concern that Trock's outburst might land him back in prison.
• Trock delivers in thinly veiled threat to Shadow.
• Trock reveals his fear of returning to prison.
• Shadow encourages Trock by stating that there is not enough evidence to send him back to jail.
• Trock reveals that he is dying from a terminal illness and has only six months to live.
• Lucia, a piano player, and Piny, an apple seller, enter.
• Trock and Shadow move around the side of the apartment.
• Piny admits she is frightened of Trock's moody, dark appearance.
• Lucia wonders if Trock was raised in a cellar.
• Lucia explains...
This section contains 2,257 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)