|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the end of the book, what realization does Al come to about Sammy?
(a) He is just as successful as Sammy.
(b) Sammy is all alone.
(c) Sammy is heartless.
(d) Sammy is his only true friend.
2. How is Sammy tricked by Laurette when she says she was looking at pictures all day in Chapter Eleven?
(a) She is lying to get him to fall in love with her.
(b) He thinks she is talking about the movies.
(c) She reels him in so that she can hurt him later.
(d) He believes she is trying to flatter him.
3. How does Sammy's brother, Israel, feel about his own job at The Settlement?
(a) He wishes he had Sammy's job.
(b) As if he is making a difference and things will improve.
(c) As if he can never get enough work done because poverty is an endless cycle.
(d) As if he is tied down and does not care about his work.
4. Why doesn't Sammy want Al to leave when Al says he better duck out in Chapter Ten?
(a) Sammy is having a mental breakdown.
(b) He has an offer to make Al.
(c) He needs to approach him about Al's bad past.
(d) Sammy cannot stand to be alone.
5. In Chapter Nine, what do Al and his friends debate over when they go out for drinks?
(a) Where Sammy is from.
(b) Whether or not Al will ever make it big.
(c) When Sammy will leave Hollywood.
(d) Whether or not Rosalie Goldbaum has passed away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sammy react to Al having gone to see his mother?
2. In Chapter Twelve, what does Sammy reveal to Al about Laurette?
3. In Chapter Eight, what is Al hired to do at his new job?
4. In Chapter Eleven, when Sammy tells Al he has everything, what is he referring to?
5. In Chapter Nine. what does Sammy's brother, Israel, tell Al about the relationship Sammy had with their father?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)