|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Chapter Nine, how does Al begin to think of Sammy?
(a) A mentor.
(b) A sad person.
(c) A societal figure.
(d) He begins to fall in love with him.
2. How does Al feel about going back to Hollywood in Chapter Ten?
(a) As if he doesn't know what is waiting for him.
(b) Sick to his stomach.
(c) He is afraid he is a heel, but he knows he has to go so he can get back to Kit.
(d) He wants to do it right this time.
3. In Chapter Seven, how does Al believe Kit views their relationship?
(a) As an intimate friendship.
(c) He doesn't know how to read her.
(d) As only being related to The Screen Writer's Guild.
4. What do Al and Kit talk about when they walk to the beach?
(a) The state of The Writer's Guild.
(b) Running away together.
(c) Sammy's success.
(d) Selling out to write for a bigger corporation.
5. What is Sidney Fineman's last movie about?
(a) His own life.
(b) A farmer and his wife.
(c) Al and Sammy.
(d) Sammy and Laurette.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Seven, what does Al say he has written a play about?
2. How does Al picture Sammy when Sammy returns to his mother's home?
3. In Chapter Eight, when they are at lunch, what news does Julian give to Al and Sammy?
4. In Chapter Eleven, when Al asks Sammy why he cares what Al thinks, how does Sammy answer?
5. In Chapter Ten, what does Al say Hollywood is full of?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)