|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Sammy tricked by Laurette when she says she was looking at pictures all day in Chapter Eleven?
(a) She is lying to get him to fall in love with her.
(b) He thinks she is talking about the movies.
(c) She reels him in so that she can hurt him later.
(d) He believes she is trying to flatter him.
2. In Chapter Eight, who does Al get a job with?
(a) The New York Reporter.
(b) Sidney Fineman.
(c) The Writer's Guild.
(d) The L.A. Times.
3. What kind of job did Sammy work as a boy?
(a) A babysitter.
(b) He volunteered at the temple.
(c) A messenger.
(d) A yardboy.
4. What do Al and Kit talk about when they walk to the beach?
(a) Selling out to write for a bigger corporation.
(b) The state of The Writer's Guild.
(c) Sammy's success.
(d) Running away together.
5. In Chapter Eleven, what happens between Sammy and Laurette at the party?
(a) They are both charmed by one another.
(b) He is threatened by her so he has Al talk to her.
(c) She tells him about a secret deal then leaves.
(d) She slaps him in the face because he offends her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Eight, what is Al hired to do at his new job?
2. Why does Laurette think Sammy married her?
3. In Chapter Ten, why does Al think Sammy asks him to help with his picture?
4. What is Sheik's new reputation in Hollywood?
5. In Chapter Nine. what does Sammy's brother, Israel, tell Al about the relationship Sammy had with their father?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)