|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Al explains how he wanted to go to Hollywood before he met Sammy Glick. What does he say his reasons for wanting to go are?
(a) He has dreams of being a movie star.
(b) He wants to live by the beach.
(c) He wants to get paid in gold.
(d) He wanted to know if it was as ideal as agents claimed it to be.
2. In Chapter Four, what conclusion does Al come to about his friendship with Sammy?
(a) He will always look up to him.
(b) He will never fully know Sammy or understand him.
(c) Al thinks of Sammy as his best friend and his worst enemy.
(d) Sammy is to unpredictable and hard to get along with.
3. In Chapter Four, when Al and Billie dance, what does she say about Sammy Glick?
(a) She thinks he is an imposter.
(b) She thinks he is just the same as everyone else in Hollywood.
(c) She admits she is taken by Sammy.
(d) She thinks of him as a partner and a potential agent.
4. After Sammy's movie has been shown and they are discussing the review, why does Sammy get upset with Al?
(a) Al acts miserable the entire evening.
(b) Al suggests paying the reviewer is a bribe.
(c) Al tells Sammy he has to add Julian's name to the credits.
(d) Al tells everyone at dinner about Sammy's lies.
5. What is Sammy's next move when Julian leaves his desk in Chapter Two?
(a) He asks Al what he should do.
(b) He starts editing the manuscript.
(c) He throws the manuscript away.
(d) He calls a famous Hollywood agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Julian's wife make regarding her husband's situation with Sammy in Chapter Six?
2. Why is Al having a hard time at work in Chapter Four?
3. What is Sammy's job at the paper?
4. In Chapter Six, once Julian and Sammy get together in Hollywood, why do they get into an argument?
5. What explanation does Sammy give for not approaching Al about the mistakes in his article?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sammy call Al a chump when Al first arrives in Hollywood?
2. How does Sammy react to Al when Al approaches him about Julian in Chapter Six?
3. Why doesn't Al think Sammy has a conscious when it comes to Sammy's job?
4. In Chapter Four, how does Al react when Kit tells him she has met "Sammy Glicks" before? And what does Kit mean?
5. Describe Al Manheim's first impression of Sammy Glick.
6. Why isn't Sammy interested in Al Manheim as a mentor?
7. Why does Al believe Sammy is hiring him for the film writing job in Chapter Ten?
8. In Chapter Twelve, when Sammy invites Al over in the middle of the night, he is in shock. What has caused Sammy to have this emotional breakdown?
9. In Chapter One, what does Al tell Sammy about society?
10. What reasons does Sammy give Al for offering him the film writing job in Chapter Ten?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)