|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter Five, Sammy's face explodes around Al as if it is:
(a) A pinwheel.
(b) Millions of dollars.
(c) The devil.
(d) Blackjack cards.
2. When Al and Kit see Julian at the premier in Chapter Five how does he act?
(b) Infuriated and heart broken.
(d) Confused about how things worked out the way they did.
3. In Chapter One, after Al says the world is a race to Sammy, what does he say Sammy is running against?
(a) A criminal life.
(b) The newspaper.
(d) The wind.
4. In Chapter Four, what conclusion does Al come to about his friendship with Sammy?
(a) Sammy is to unpredictable and hard to get along with.
(b) He will always look up to him.
(c) Al thinks of Sammy as his best friend and his worst enemy.
(d) He will never fully know Sammy or understand him.
5. In Chapter Six, how does Kit threaten Sammy?
(a) She promises to leave him if he doesn't come out with the truth.
(b) By sneaking into his house with a knife.
(c) She tells him Julian will reveal he has been ghostwriting Sammy's work.
(d) By stealing all of the work he and Julian have done together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sammy know Catherine Sargent?
2. Why is Al surprised by the car Sammy drives?
3. What explanation does Sammy give for not approaching Al about the mistakes in his article?
4. How does Sammy act during the premier in Chapter Five?
5. What excuse does Sammy give for not keeping in contact with Rosalie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sammy react to Al when Al approaches him about Julian in Chapter Six?
2. Why isn't Sammy interested in Al Manheim as a mentor?
3. After Sammy talks to the agent about Julian's manuscript, in Chapter Two, Al asks Sammy if he is scared. Then Al asks him what he was thinking of. How does Sammy answer?
4. At the end of Chapter Eleven, Sammy says, "Everything's mine." What examples does he give for "everything?"
5. What final conclusion does Al come to about Sammy?
6. What reasons does Sammy give Al for offering him the film writing job in Chapter Ten?
7. What is Billie's explanation when Al asks her if she would ever be with Sammy?
8. Why does Kit go out the back door when she goes to a picture show?
9. What does Al find out about Sammy's childhood, particularly Sammy's feelings about the Jewish faith?
10. Kit and Al agree that Hollywood is a tough town. How does Kit answer when Al questions why Hollywood is tougher than anywhere else?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)