|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he left for Hollywood, what did Sammy tell Rosalie she should do?
(a) Take acting courses.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Quit her job.
(d) Give up all hope.
2. Why is Al surprised by the car Sammy drives?
(a) It's a heap of trash.
(b) It's modest.
(c) It's expensive.
(d) Sammy stole it.
3. Al calls Sammy when he first arrives in Hollywood in Chapter Three. What does Sammy talk to him about?
(a) His new girlfriend.
(b) Selling out to a big corporation.
(c) The next big break he will make.
(d) Al's salary being unsatisfactory.
4. When Al and Kit see Julian at the premier in Chapter Five how does he act?
(a) Confused about how things worked out the way they did.
(b) Infuriated and heart broken.
5. How does O'Brien thank Sammy for helping with the article?
(a) He takes him out to dinner.
(b) He gives him a gift and charges Al for it.
(c) With a promotion.
(d) He doesn't thank him because he is ashamed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Al and Kit slip out the back door when they are leaving the premier in Chapter Five?
2. What does Sammy promise Julian in Chapter Two?
3. How does Al feel about sharing a cubicle with Sammy?
4. In Chapter Four, Al says Sammy is only capable of one kind of love. What kind of love is it?
5. How does Sammy write his scripts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe who Sheik Duncan is and why his character is relevant to Sammy's past.
2. By Chapter Six, how has Sammy mistreated Julian?
3. What advice does Al give to Sammy regarding Rosalie in Chapter Three?
4. How does Kit resolve Julian's employment problem in Chapter Six?
5. What is the back story of the movie producer, Sidney Fineman?
6. How does Sammy react to Al when Al approaches him about Julian in Chapter Six?
7. What is Sammy's approach to screenwriting?
8. What does Billie say when Al confesses his love to her?
9. Describe Sammy's behavior at the Brown Derby after the premier of "Girl Steals Boy."
10. What happens when Kit, Billie, and Al go over to Sammy's house in Chapter Four?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)