|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Sammy sell the manuscript under in Chapter Two?
(a) Girl Steals Boy.
(b) Yellow Syndrome.
(c) Women and Men.
(d) The Right Way.
2. How does Sammy make Al feel when they first meet?
3. After Al arrives in Hollywood, when does he meet up with Sammy in Chapter Three?
(a) They meet for lunch.
(b) In a bar.
(c) They run into one another on the street.
(d) At an expensive cigar club.
4. What does Al find out about Sammy's movie review in Chapter Five?
(a) Sammy will have to pay the reviewer.
(b) The review was written by the producer of the movie.
(c) Sammy wrote the review himself.
(d) Sammy's father wrote the review.
5. In Chapter Six, what does Al help Julian with?
(a) Buying a house.
(b) Breaking into Sammy's studio and stealing his money.
(c) Approaching Sammy about being unfair.
(d) Convincing his wife to write scripts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Al feel about what Sammy has done to Rosalie?
2. What does Al suggest to Sammy regarding Rosalie?
3. What does Sammy do when he sees the mistake in Al's article?
4. What does Julian talk to Al about when the two meet for lunch for the first time in Hollywood in Chapter Six?
5. What does Al think about when he and Sammy go to play a match game at Bleecks?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter One, what does Al tell Sammy about society?
2. What final conclusion does Al come to about Sammy?
3. What happens between Sammy and Fineman at the preview of Sammy's movie in Chapter Eleven?
4. In Chapter Three, how does Sammy explain the way he has treated his old girlfriend, Rosalie?
5. What advice does Al give to Sammy regarding Rosalie in Chapter Three?
6. Why does Al compare Sammy to a time bomb ticking in his brain in Chapter Six?
7. What is the back story of the movie producer, Sidney Fineman?
8. Describe what Al and Kit talk about when they go to Kit's house in Chapter Seven.
9. At the end of Chapter Eleven, Sammy says, "Everything's mine." What examples does he give for "everything?"
10. Why does Kit go out the back door when she goes to a picture show?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)