|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sammy instigate Al to come out in Chapter Four?
(a) He tells him he'll take care of everything.
(b) He pays him.
(c) He invites Billie to join them.
(d) He tells him he will take him to a strip club.
2. Why is Al having a hard time at work in Chapter Four?
(a) His producer throws his first script away and assigns him a partner.
(b) His boss barely ever assigns him work.
(c) He doesn't trust anyone.
(d) He doesn't have passion.
3. Who is Julian Blumberg?
(a) A well established journalist.
(b) An editor.
(c) An aspiring writer.
(d) A famous author.
4. In Chapter Four, when they are talking, how does Billie say she feels about Al?
(a) She thinks he needs to improve his game.
(b) She is using him to get closer to Sammy.
(c) She thinks of him as a friend.
(d) She thinks he is sweet and she likes him.
5. Who is the main character?
(c) Al Manheim.
(d) Sammy Glick.
6. What does Al suggest to Sammy regarding Rosalie?
(a) To forget about her completely.
(b) That Sammy should move back to New York and settle down with her.
(c) That he send her money until she gets back on her feet.
(d) He tells him to send for her and see what she can do.
7. Al explains how he wanted to go to Hollywood before he met Sammy Glick. What does he say his reasons for wanting to go are?
(a) He wants to live by the beach.
(b) He wants to get paid in gold.
(c) He wanted to know if it was as ideal as agents claimed it to be.
(d) He has dreams of being a movie star.
8. How does Al feel about the script that Sammy makes up on the spot in Chapter Four?
(a) It's genius.
(b) It has a good twist, but needs work.
(c) It stinks.
(d) It's worth a million dollars.
9. What does Al think of Catherine Sargent?
(a) That she shouldn't be affiliated with Sammy.
(b) That she is "neatly put together" and she scares people off.
(c) He doesn't trust her and thinks she is up to no good.
(d) She is a man dressed like a woman.
10. What does Al say he gives Sammy tips on?
(a) Steps to getting a promotion.
(b) Where to sell his work.
(c) Grammar and what to read.
(d) How to dress.
11. In Chapter Five, how does Al lose his week's salary?
(a) By making a bet with Kit.
(b) Renting a limo for the night.
(c) At blackjack.
(d) Buying too much champagne.
12. How does O'Brien feel about Al's mistake in his article?
(a) He's angry.
(b) He feels ashamed.
(c) He doesn't realize Al made a mistake.
(d) He doesn't care.
13. Why is Al first intrigued by Sammy?
(a) Al Manheim feels like he wants to scream when he meets Sammy.
(b) Al thinks Sammy might be his son.
(c) Sammy makes him laugh.
(d) Sammy is strongly motivated.
14. What does Sammy promise Julian in Chapter Two?
(a) He will help edit the manuscript.
(b) Julian will never be famous.
(c) He will help him re-write the manuscript.
(d) He will show the manuscript to his agent.
15. How does Al feel about sharing a cubicle with Sammy?
(a) He needs space.
(b) He is frightened of his power.
(c) He is enthused to work in close proximity with him.
(d) He tries to avoid him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, where does Al meet Sammy for their night out?
2. How does Sammy land the job at World-Wide in Hollywood?
3. In Chapter One, how does Sammy react when Al says he wants to "bury the hatchet?"
4. What do Julian and his wife spend all of their money on?
5. What title does Sammy sell the manuscript under in Chapter Two?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)