|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Al's mistake in his article?
(a) Grammatical errors.
(c) He writes on the wrong topic.
(d) The article is too short.
2. What game do Kit and Al play at The Cellar in Chapter Five?
(a) How to Survive in Hollywood.
(b) How I Met Sammy.
(c) Top Ten Drinks of the Night.
(d) The Best Movie of the Year.
3. How does Sammy react to Al when Al approaches him?
(a) Sammy leaves the room.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) Sammy gets angry.
(d) He tells him Al will never understand his problems.
4. Why does Sammy think Al is unsuccessful in the business?
(a) Al is a drunk.
(b) Because Al doesn't try hard enough.
(c) Al isn't intelligent.
(d) Because Al doesn't mind his own business.
5. What kind of review does Sammy's movie receive in Chapter Five?
(a) The movie is called a bore.
(b) The movie is called a smash.
(c) Middle of the road.
(d) The film gets one star.
6. When they are talking at lunch, what does Julian confess to Al that Sammy has stolen?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His car.
(c) His wife.
(d) His whole life.
7. Who is Julian Blumberg?
(a) A famous author.
(b) A well established journalist.
(c) An aspiring writer.
(d) An editor.
8. Why doesn't Sammy think Rosalie should move to Hollywood?
(a) Because she wants to have children and settle down.
(b) He doesn't want her to be more successful than him.
(c) He is afraid she would get killed.
(d) Because she doesn't have any motivation.
9. What decision does Julian's wife make regarding her husband's situation with Sammy in Chapter Six?
(a) She calls to confront Sammy herself and makes arrangements to meet him.
(b) She hires a lawyer who will take her to Hollywood.
(c) She packs up their car and says they will drive to Hollywood.
(d) She buys two tickets to Hollywood.
10. What does Al say he gives Sammy tips on?
(a) Where to sell his work.
(b) Grammar and what to read.
(c) How to dress.
(d) Steps to getting a promotion.
11. When Sammy asks, what does Al say about the workers at their old office?
(a) They are starving to death.
(b) They wish he hadn't left.
(c) They all want to be remembered.
(d) They are all proud of him.
12. How does O'Brien thank Sammy for helping with the article?
(a) With a promotion.
(b) He gives him a gift and charges Al for it.
(c) He takes him out to dinner.
(d) He doesn't thank him because he is ashamed.
13. In Chapter Four, Al says Sammy is only capable of one kind of love. What kind of love is it?
(a) A love that changes.
(b) A violent passion for his future.
(c) Love driven by lust.
(d) A heartless love.
14. After they are intimate, what question does Al ask Billie?
(a) How many men she has been with.
(b) What she wants out of life.
(c) Where she sees herself in the next ten years.
(d) If she would ever consider marrying him.
15. How does Sammy respond when Al tells him he will try to get him a job as a cub reporter?
(a) He bows his head and doesn't say anything.
(b) He tells Al he doesn't need anybody's help.
(c) He tells Al he doesn't want to be stuck in the newspaper world because it doesn't pay enough.
(d) He thanks Al and tells him he looks forward to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Al calls Sammy when he first arrives in Hollywood in Chapter Three. What does Sammy talk to him about?
2. In Chapter Six, what does Kit try to convince Al to do?
3. Before he left for Hollywood, what did Sammy tell Rosalie she should do?
4. What explanation does Sammy give for not approaching Al about the mistakes in his article?
5. What do Julian and his wife spend all of their money on?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)