Short Answer Key
1. Who is the main character?
2. Why is Al first intrigued by Sammy?
Sammy is strongly motivated.
3. What is Sammy's job at the paper?
A copy boy.
4. When Al and Sammy first meet, how does Al describe him?
A little ferret of a kid.
5. What explanation does Sammy give for taking the job at The Record?
He wants to be around writers and learn about grammar.
6. How does Sammy make Al feel when they first meet?
7. How does Sammy respond when Al tells him he will try to get him a job as a cub reporter?
He tells Al he doesn't want to be stuck in the newspaper world because it doesn't pay enough.
8. In Chapter One, after Al says the world is a race to Sammy, what does he say Sammy is running...
This section contains 3,495 words|
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)