|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Al feel about The Guild?
(a) He would be unable to live without it.
(b) It hasn't discovered its place in Hollywood.
(c) He thinks it's too much like a union.
(d) The Guild makes him feel whole.
2. After Al arrives in Hollywood, when does he meet up with Sammy in Chapter Three?
(a) They run into one another on the street.
(b) They meet for lunch.
(c) At an expensive cigar club.
(d) In a bar.
3. What is Sammy's response when Al asks Sammy about Julian's name not being included in the credits?
(a) He is miserable and knows his wrong doing.
(b) He pretends he doesn't hear Al and promptly changes the subject.
(c) He doesn't think he should share the success.
(d) He tells him to mind his own business.
4. What explanation does Sammy give for taking the job at The Record?
(a) He is interested in being an editor one day.
(b) His mom made him take the job.
(c) He needs to stay off the streets.
(d) He wants to be around writers and learn about grammar.
5. Why didn't Sammy have his Bar-mitzvah?
(a) Sammy refused because he did not believe in it.
(b) The Rabbi caught Sammy stealing from the temple.
(c) The Rabbi told his father Sammy was not allowed because he did not practice his faith.
(d) His parents could not afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Eight, who does Al get a job with?
2. Al calls Sammy when he first arrives in Hollywood in Chapter Three. What does Sammy talk to him about?
3. In Chapter Four, what conclusion does Al come to about his friendship with Sammy?
4. In Chapter Eight, what is Al hired to do at his new job?
5. How does Sammy act at the Back Lot in Chapter Four?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)