|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Sammy want Al to leave when Al says he better duck out in Chapter Ten?
(a) Sammy cannot stand to be alone.
(b) Sammy is having a mental breakdown.
(c) He needs to approach him about Al's bad past.
(d) He has an offer to make Al.
2. Who is Julian Blumberg?
(a) An aspiring writer.
(b) A famous author.
(c) A well established journalist.
(d) An editor.
3. What is Sammy's response when Al asks Sammy about Julian's name not being included in the credits?
(a) He pretends he doesn't hear Al and promptly changes the subject.
(b) He doesn't think he should share the success.
(c) He tells him to mind his own business.
(d) He is miserable and knows his wrong doing.
4. When Sammy asks, what does Al say about the workers at their old office?
(a) They all want to be remembered.
(b) They are all proud of him.
(c) They wish he hadn't left.
(d) They are starving to death.
5. How does Sammy respond when Al confides in him about his problems at work in Chapter Four?
(a) He tells him to go home and get a good rest.
(b) He advices him to kill his new writing partner.
(c) He tells him he will never get ahead and he should move back to New York.
(d) He gives him advice about writing his own treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Eight, what is Al hired to do at his new job?
2. What explanation does Sammy give for not approaching Al about the mistakes in his article?
3. What happens when Al calls Julian regarding Julian's job with Sammy in Chapter Six?
4. What kind of review does Sammy's movie receive in Chapter Five?
5. How does Sammy know Catherine Sargent?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)