|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, how does Sammy betray Julian?
(a) He publishes Julian's manuscript in the paper without Julian's consent and he renames it.
(b) He renames Julian's manuscript and claims it for his own.
(c) He sells the manuscript under Julian's name, but changes then name.
(d) He gives Al permission to do whatever he wants with the manuscript.
2. What does Al think about when he and Sammy go to play a match game at Bleecks?
(a) He is so drunk he can't think straight.
(b) He wishes he could hate Sammy.
(c) He is sad Sammy isn't his son.
(d) He wishes he had never met Sammy.
3. When Al and Billie dance, Al begins to dream. What does he say he's dreamed about?
(a) Sammy Glick climbing a rope.
(b) Marrying her.
(c) Driving a steam boat.
(d) Taking a trip together.
4. Al calls Sammy when he first arrives in Hollywood in Chapter Three. What does Sammy talk to him about?
(a) The next big break he will make.
(b) Al's salary being unsatisfactory.
(c) Selling out to a big corporation.
(d) His new girlfriend.
5. How does Al feel about sharing a cubicle with Sammy?
(a) He is frightened of his power.
(b) He needs space.
(c) He is enthused to work in close proximity with him.
(d) He tries to avoid him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character?
2. Why does Kit feel sorry for Sammy?
3. Some of the members of the Guild want to exclude others. Who do they want to exclude?
4. In Chapter One, after Al says the world is a race to Sammy, what does he say Sammy is running against?
5. What does Al say he gives Sammy tips on?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)