|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sammy write his scripts?
(a) By acting them out and having people add ideas as he acts.
(b) Alone at a typewriter.
(c) By reading books that inspire him.
(d) In his office.
2. In Chapter Seven, what does Al say he has written a play about?
(a) Hollywood scandals.
(b) What makes Sammy run.
(c) His childhood.
(d) A Rabbi in a town filled with anti-semitism.
3. What do Julian and Rosalie have in common?
(a) They are both Sammy's lovers.
(b) Sammy made promises to the both of them.
(c) Both are Al's children.
(d) They turn out to be brother and sister.
4. What does Al think about when he and Sammy go to play a match game at Bleecks?
(a) He is so drunk he can't think straight.
(b) He wishes he had never met Sammy.
(c) He wishes he could hate Sammy.
(d) He is sad Sammy isn't his son.
5. What kind of review does Sammy's movie receive in Chapter Five?
(a) The movie is called a bore.
(b) The film gets one star.
(c) The movie is called a smash.
(d) Middle of the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kit feel sorry for Sammy?
2. What does Al give to Rosalie after dinner in Chapter Three?
3. What is Al's mistake in his article?
4. In Chapter Five, when he's talking to Kit, what does Al compare Sammy to?
5. Why does Sammy think Al is unsuccessful in the business?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)