|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Five, how does Al lose his week's salary?
(a) At blackjack.
(b) Buying too much champagne.
(c) By making a bet with Kit.
(d) Renting a limo for the night.
2. In Chapter Four, when Al asks Billie how she feels about Sammy, how does she respond?
(a) She will always be in love with him, but will never express her love.
(b) She thinks he treats people poorly.
(c) She doesn't have any feelings for him.
(d) She would never sleep with him.
3. When Al says he composed a short history of Sammy Glick, how does he explain Sammy's progress?
(a) Very American: full of opportunity and speed.
(b) A series of coincidences.
(c) Pure luck.
(d) Unexplainable and unfathomable.
4. What does Al say he gives Sammy tips on?
(a) How to dress.
(b) Steps to getting a promotion.
(c) Where to sell his work.
(d) Grammar and what to read.
5. How does Sammy act at the Back Lot in Chapter Four?
(a) He acts as if he's never been out.
(b) He acts assertive and gets his own way.
(c) He sulks the entire night.
(d) He is humble and shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Al and Sammy first meet, how does Al describe him?
2. What is Sammy's advice to Al regarding work in Chapter Three?
3. How does Sammy land the job at World-Wide in Hollywood?
4. Al calls Sammy when he first arrives in Hollywood in Chapter Three. What does Sammy talk to him about?
5. How does Al act towards Sammy during the premier in Chapter Five?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)