|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sammy make Al feel when they first meet?
2. When Al says he composed a short history of Sammy Glick, how does he explain Sammy's progress?
(a) A series of coincidences.
(b) Very American: full of opportunity and speed.
(c) Pure luck.
(d) Unexplainable and unfathomable.
3. In Chapter Four, when Sammy asks Al to go out, what excuse does Al give Sammy?
(a) He isn't feeling well.
(b) He'd rather watch a movie.
(c) He doesn't have any money.
(d) He says he's reading a good book.
4. Why does Al think of himself as an idealist?
(a) He questions everything.
(b) He doesn't know any other way.
(c) Because he believes in the golden rule and love.
(d) He is optimistic about everything in life.
5. Why do people believe Sammy's lies?
(a) He is confident.
(b) He lacks social grace, but manages to charm people.
(c) His good looks fool people.
(d) He is an actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sammy dressed like when Al goes to see him for the first time in Hollywood?
2. In Chapter Two, what is Al's reaction when Sammy tells him how much they offer for the manuscript?
3. How does Sammy act during the premier in Chapter Five?
4. What does Sammy promise Rosalie before he leaves for Hollywood?
5. Who is Julian Blumberg?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)