|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sammy's next move when Julian leaves his desk in Chapter Two?
(a) He calls a famous Hollywood agent.
(b) He starts editing the manuscript.
(c) He throws the manuscript away.
(d) He asks Al what he should do.
2. What is Sammy's advice to Al regarding work in Chapter Three?
(a) He tells him he is safe with a six month contract and doesn't have to start impressing anyone until the fifth month.
(b) He tells him to cheat his way to the top.
(c) That things will pick up in a year.
(d) He says nothing will get better and Al should just move back to New York.
3. What does Sammy do when he sees the mistake in Al's article?
(a) He talks to an agent about fixing it.
(b) He re-writes the article.
(c) He marks up the article showing the mistakes made.
(d) He goes straight to O'Brien.
4. How does Sammy land the job at World-Wide in Hollywood?
(a) Al gives him a good recommendation.
(b) His agent sold him to the company on the strength of the story.
(c) He pays his way in.
(d) He convinces the company he is a good fit.
5. What does Al give to Rosalie after dinner in Chapter Three?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A ticket to Hollywood.
(c) Twenty-five dollars.
(d) A new coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Al arrives in Hollywood, when does he meet up with Sammy in Chapter Three?
2. Why does Al think of himself as an idealist?
3. What does Sammy promise Rosalie before he leaves for Hollywood?
4. What does Sammy promise Julian in Chapter Two?
5. What excuse does Sammy give for not keeping in contact with Rosalie?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)