|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Al's mistake in his article?
(a) Grammatical errors.
(b) He writes on the wrong topic.
(c) The article is too short.
2. Why is Al first intrigued by Sammy?
(a) Sammy makes him laugh.
(b) Al thinks Sammy might be his son.
(c) Al Manheim feels like he wants to scream when he meets Sammy.
(d) Sammy is strongly motivated.
3. Why does Al think of himself as an idealist?
(a) He doesn't know any other way.
(b) Because he believes in the golden rule and love.
(c) He questions everything.
(d) He is optimistic about everything in life.
4. How does Al feel about Sammy helping Julian?
(a) Excited for Sammy to have the opportunity.
(b) Indifferent towards the situation.
(c) Angry that Julian didn't first approach him.
(d) Suspicious of Sammy's motives.
5. How does Sammy respond when Al tells him he will try to get him a job as a cub reporter?
(a) He tells Al he doesn't want to be stuck in the newspaper world because it doesn't pay enough.
(b) He thanks Al and tells him he looks forward to it.
(c) He tells Al he doesn't need anybody's help.
(d) He bows his head and doesn't say anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sammy's job at the paper?
2. How does Sammy land the job at World-Wide in Hollywood?
3. What explanation does Sammy give for not approaching Al about the mistakes in his article?
4. How does Al liken himself to Sammy?
5. At the end of Chapter Two, why does Al stand at the window?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)