|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sammy's job at the paper?
(a) A copy boy.
(b) A delivery boy.
(c) A writer.
(d) An editor.
2. How does Al liken himself to Sammy?
(a) They are both columnists, Jewish, and American.
(b) They have nothing in common.
(c) They are both originally from another country and started their life in the slums.
(d) They will both stop at nothing to get ahead.
3. Who is Julian Blumberg?
(a) An editor.
(b) An aspiring writer.
(c) A well established journalist.
(d) A famous author.
4. In Chapter One, after Al says the world is a race to Sammy, what does he say Sammy is running against?
(b) The wind.
(c) A criminal life.
(d) The newspaper.
5. How does Sammy convince Selznick to buy the manuscript?
(a) He tells him he can have all of the profit.
(b) He doesn't convince him because Selznick will buy anything.
(c) He performs the manuscript over the phone.
(d) He says it's in demand and worth the investment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sammy land the job at World-Wide in Hollywood?
2. Why does Al make a mistake on his article?
3. What does Sammy promise Julian in Chapter Two?
4. In Chapter One, how does Sammy react when Al says he wants to "bury the hatchet?"
5. In Chapter Two, how does Sammy betray Julian?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)