|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Al goes to meet him, what is Sammy being measured for in Chapter Ten?
(a) A costume for a play.
(b) A three piece suit.
(c) A hat.
2. Al calls Sammy when he first arrives in Hollywood in Chapter Three. What does Sammy talk to him about?
(a) The next big break he will make.
(b) His new girlfriend.
(c) Selling out to a big corporation.
(d) Al's salary being unsatisfactory.
3. What is Sammy's advice to Al regarding work in Chapter Three?
(a) That things will pick up in a year.
(b) He tells him to cheat his way to the top.
(c) He tells him he is safe with a six month contract and doesn't have to start impressing anyone until the fifth month.
(d) He says nothing will get better and Al should just move back to New York.
4. When Al asks Sammy how he can read when he's running so fast, how does Sammy answer?
(a) He can't read when he's running.
(b) He tells him he doesn't know how he does it.
(c) He has good eye sight.
(d) He learned to read when he was running errands.
5. What bothers Al about Kit in Chapter Five?
(a) She acts insincere towards him and Sammy.
(b) The way she made herself at home at Sammy's place.
(c) She is too quiet.
(d) She appears to be detached from everything going on around her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Al feel about his first project at his new job in Chapter Eight?
2. Before he left for Hollywood, what kind of promises did Sammy make to Julian?
3. In Chapter Seven, why does Al feel pressure at work?
4. What is Al's impression of Rosalie when the two meet for dinner in Chapter Three?
5. How does Sammy act during the premier in Chapter Five?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)