|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After they are intimate, what question does Al ask Billie?
(a) Where she sees herself in the next ten years.
(b) What she wants out of life.
(c) If she would ever consider marrying him.
(d) How many men she has been with.
2. What does Sammy promise Rosalie before he leaves for Hollywood?
(a) He will set things up for her so she can move there.
(b) He will send her money from Hollywood.
(c) He wants to start a family with her when the time is right.
(d) He will marry her when he returns.
3. What surprises Al about Hollywood?
(a) The city both gives and takes.
(b) The city is a volcano waiting to erupt.
(c) The city is full of fakers.
(d) The city is not unlike a village in its psychology.
4. In Chapter Eight, who does Al get a job with?
(a) The L.A. Times.
(b) The New York Reporter.
(c) The Writer's Guild.
(d) Sidney Fineman.
5. How does Al feel about Sammy helping Julian?
(a) Angry that Julian didn't first approach him.
(b) Suspicious of Sammy's motives.
(c) Excited for Sammy to have the opportunity.
(d) Indifferent towards the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Sammy give for taking the job at The Record?
2. When Al asks Sammy how he can read when he's running so fast, how does Sammy answer?
3. How does Sammy respond when Al confides in him about his problems at work in Chapter Four?
4. What do Al and Kit talk about when they walk to the beach?
5. In Chapter Four, what conclusion does Al come to about his friendship with Sammy?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)