1. Who is the main character?
(b) Al Manheim.
(d) Sammy Glick.
2. Why is Al first intrigued by Sammy?
(a) Sammy makes him laugh.
(b) Al Manheim feels like he wants to scream when he meets Sammy.
(c) Sammy is strongly motivated.
(d) Al thinks Sammy might be his son.
3. What is Sammy's job at the paper?
(a) A delivery boy.
(b) A copy boy.
(c) An editor.
(d) A writer.
4. When Al and Sammy first meet, how does Al describe him?
(a) A speed demon.
(b) A rock and roll star.
(c) A munchkin.
(d) A little ferret of a kid.
5. What explanation does Sammy give for taking the job at The Record?
(a) He needs to stay off the streets.
(b) He is interested in being an editor one day.
(c) His mom made him take the job.
(d) He wants to be around writers and learn about grammar.
6. How does Sammy make Al feel when they first meet?
This section contains 7,157 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)