• Al Manheim and Sammy Glick meet at The New York Record, and Al quickly finds out that Sammy is a motivated worker.
• O'Brien, the managing editor, yells at Al Manheim for making grammatical errors in an article that Al wrote while he was drunk.
• Al Manheim finds out it is Sammy Glick who has fixed his mistakes in his article.
• Al approaches Sammy about fixing the mistake, and asks Sammy why he didn't first approach him.
• Al gives Sammy tickets to a show and Al finds out that Sammy sells those tickets.
• Sammy and Al take Sammy's girlfriend, Rosalie, to dinner in celebration of Sammy's birthday.
• At his birthday dinner, Sammy forces Al to introduce him to a famous writer.
• Julian Blumberg, a young writer, approaches Sammy about advice on his manuscript.
• Sammy tells Julian he will contact his agent to help with Julian's...
This section contains 1,325 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)