|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the orphanage bully?
2. What is the Pioneers Parade?
3. In "The Euphio Question," what change is made to the second production of Euphios?
4. Where do Heinz and Sousa go after the birth of their children?
5. What is happening at Whitehill in regards to scholarships?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the life of Kurt Vonnegut. Use your findings to explain why he writes the stories he does. Consider the themes, the personalities, and the locations in this collection.
Essay Topic 2
Reflect on the title of this collection of stories. How is Welcome to the Monkey House an appropriate title? In way was it inappropriate for this set of stories?
Essay Topic 3
Consider Vonnegut's use of language in this collection of stories. Choose two stories that have very different prose and compare and contrast them. How does the language, syntax, and format develop each story in its own way? How do these literary decisions affect the reader?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)