|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Eli attend Whitehill Academy?
(a) He did not pass the entrance exam.
(b) His parents do not have enough money.
(c) He showed up late too many times.
(d) He cheated on a test.
2. At the end of "The Hyannis Port Story," who says they will give up politics?
3. Who gets the nickname "Joe Louis?"
4. Where did Heinz and Avchen meet?
(a) A concentration camp.
(b) A hospital.
(c) At work.
(d) They are cousins.
5. Why was EPICAC created?
(a) To help love.
(b) To help war.
(c) To help do math.
(d) To help people learn.
6. Where do the amphibians keep with their bodies?
(a) Donate them to the needy.
(b) Keep them in storage.
(c) Sell them for profit.
(d) Hide them at home.
7. What does Eli do when the Whitehill headmaster enters the dining room?
(a) He points him out to his father.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He waves hello.
(d) He hides behind a menu.
8. Who proposes making household Euphios?
(a) A math professor.
(b) A housewife.
(c) A radio announcer.
(d) An office manager.
9. What is the relationship between Barnhouse and the narrator?
(a) The narrator is Barnhouse's cousin.
(b) Barnhouse is the narrator's thesis advisor.
(c) The narrator is Barnhouse's teacher.
(d) Barnhouse is the narrator's boss.
10. Who is the orphanage bully?
11. Who is the Whitehill headmaster?
(a) Dr. Remenzel.
(b) Dr. Myster.
(c) Dr. Sylvia.
(d) Dr. Warren.
12. What happened when people heard the signal for the first time?
(a) They danced around.
(b) They sang to themselves.
(c) They smiled at strangers.
(d) They sat silent.
13. What is the last thing EPICAC writes?
(a) A novel.
(b) A suicide letter.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) A threatening note.
14. Where does David get lost while looking for a deer?
(a) His boss' house.
(b) The woods.
(c) The Works.
(d) The basement of his office building.
15. In "The Lie," what grade level attends school at Whitehill Academy?
(a) Middle school.
(b) Elementary school.
(d) High school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George say about life in "The Kid Nobody Could Handle?"
2. Who watches over the children?
3. What does Barnhouse end up doing with his powers after escaping the government in "Report on the Barnhouse Effect?"
4. Where does Euphio broadcast euphoria from?
5. What does George give Jim to destroy?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)