|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many psyches can a body hold at once?
(d) As many as it wants.
2. What does Pat insist the narrator do on their anniversary in "EPICAC?"
(a) Take her picture.
(b) Give him diamonds.
(c) Buy her dinner.
(d) Write a poem.
3. What does Barnhouse refuse to tell government officials?
(a) His latest book.
(b) His real name.
(c) His exact thought process.
(d) His social security number.
4. Who invites the narrator over for drinks?
(a) John Kennedy.
(b) The Commodore.
(c) The Pirate.
(d) Hay Boyden.
5. What is the last thing EPICAC writes?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A novel.
(c) A suicide letter.
(d) A threatening note.
6. What is Jim doing to the chemistry lab?
(a) Starting small fires.
(b) Throwing acid around.
(d) Stealing supplies.
7. Why can't Eli attend Whitehill Academy?
(a) His parents do not have enough money.
(b) He showed up late too many times.
(c) He cheated on a test.
(d) He did not pass the entrance exam.
8. Why does Madge step into the woman's body?
(a) Madge is confused.
(b) The body is beautiful.
(c) Madge is pushed into the body.
(d) The body is on sale.
9. Who proposes making household Euphios?
(a) An office manager.
(b) A radio announcer.
(c) A math professor.
(d) A housewife.
10. What is happening at Whitehill in regards to scholarships?
(a) They are asking Eli's parents for money for a scholarship.
(b) They aren't letting any more boys in on scholarship.
(c) They are cutting back to just one scholarship.
(d) They are starting five new scholarships.
11. What does George say about life in "The Kid Nobody Could Handle?"
(a) That it is the only thing that matters.
(b) That it is always changing.
(c) That it is no damn good.
(d) That it is full of lies.
12. What does George do at the end of "Go Back to Your Precious Wife and Son?"
13. What does the narrator in "Go Back to Your Precious Wife and Son" do for a living?
(a) Construction worker.
14. When Heinz gets home, what does he say to himself in German?
(a) People only care about money.
(b) People don't care about old Germans.
(c) People only care about women.
(d) People don't care about new babies.
15. What does Mikhail Ivankov do for a living?
(a) A gravel shoveler.
(b) A brick layer.
(c) A stone mason.
(d) A wood carver.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "The Hyannis Port Story," who says they will give up politics?
2. Who watches over the children?
3. Who is the orphanage bully?
4. What is the name of the project the government wants to test Barnhouse with?
5. What does David do at the end of "Deer in the Works?"
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)