|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David get lost while looking for a deer?
(a) The woods.
(b) The Works.
(c) His boss' house.
(d) The basement of his office building.
2. Who do the Rumfoords live across the street from?
(a) The Clintons.
(b) The Kennedys.
(c) The Boydens.
(d) The Johnsons.
3. In "Adam," what does Sousa complain about at the hospital?
(a) Not having enough children.
(b) Having too many boys.
(c) Needing a new wife.
(d) Having too many girls.
4. In "Unready to Wear," who is the first person to step out of his body?
(a) Dr. Konigswasser.
(b) Dr. Franking.
(c) Dr. Wearssar.
(d) Dr. Phillips.
5. What type of professor testifies against the use of Euphios in "The Euphio Question?"
6. What does Mikhail Ivankov do for a living?
(a) A brick layer.
(b) A wood carver.
(c) A gravel shoveler.
(d) A stone mason.
7. Why does Stepan go into space?
(a) To take pictures.
(b) To build a space station.
(c) For defense reasons.
(d) To test out a new rocket.
8. In "Go Back to Your Precious Wife and Son," what number husband is George to Gloria?
9. What happened when people heard the signal for the first time?
(a) They smiled at strangers.
(b) They sang to themselves.
(c) They danced around.
(d) They sat silent.
10. What does EPICAC create for the narrator?
(c) Solutions to math problems.
11. What does the narrator teach EPICAC?
(a) About love.
(b) About hate.
(c) About current events.
(d) About world conflicts.
12. What parenting advice does the narrator give George?
(a) To let his wife do all the work.
(b) To kick his son in the pants.
(c) To hug his son.
(d) To take away privileges.
13. What does Barnhouse end up doing with his powers after escaping the government in "Report on the Barnhouse Effect?"
(a) Destroying the world's armaments
(b) Ruining government buildings.
(c) Ending world hunger.
(d) Building homes for the homeless.
14. What does Barnhouse tell the secret service about his talent?
(a) He wants to use it for peace.
(b) He wants to use it for war.
(c) He wants to use it to serve the president.
(d) He wants to use it to make money.
15. What is the Pioneers Parade?
(a) A parade to celebrate being amphibious.
(b) A parade to celebrate the fall.
(c) A parade to celebrate being human.
(d) A parade to celebrate peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes up the text of "The Manned Missiles?"
2. Who proposes making household Euphios?
3. In "The Hyannis Port Story," who lights the portrait up at night?
4. Why does Madge step into the woman's body?
5. Who invites the narrator over for drinks?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)