|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the prosecutors try to get Madge to admit?
(a) That she is a traitor.
(b) That she is jealous.
(c) That she is a human.
(d) That she is a theif.
2. Why can't Eli attend Whitehill Academy?
(a) His parents do not have enough money.
(b) He cheated on a test.
(c) He showed up late too many times.
(d) He did not pass the entrance exam.
3. What do people enter into EPICAC?
(a) Long equations.
(b) World problems.
(c) Personal problems.
(d) Their birthdates.
4. Where do the amphibians keep with their bodies?
(a) Keep them in storage.
(b) Hide them at home.
(c) Donate them to the needy.
(d) Sell them for profit.
5. What does Barnhouse end up doing with his powers after escaping the government in "Report on the Barnhouse Effect?"
(a) Building homes for the homeless.
(b) Ending world hunger.
(c) Ruining government buildings.
(d) Destroying the world's armaments
6. What is the last thing EPICAC writes?
(a) A newspaper article.
(b) A threatening note.
(c) A novel.
(d) A suicide letter.
7. Who is the orphanage bully?
8. In "The Hyannis Port Story," who lights the portrait up at night?
(a) The maid.
(c) The butler.
9. What is Bud known for?
(a) Being the second man in space.
(b) Being the first man in space.
(c) Inventing the first space missile.
(d) Inventing the second space missile.
10. What does EPICAC create for the narrator?
(d) Solutions to math problems.
11. What political party is Hay Boyden part of?
12. What is happening at Whitehill in regards to scholarships?
(a) They are starting five new scholarships.
(b) They are asking Eli's parents for money for a scholarship.
(c) They aren't letting any more boys in on scholarship.
(d) They are cutting back to just one scholarship.
13. When George and the narrator drink together, who does George call?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His son's friend.
14. Where does David apply for a job?
(a) Metal Works.
(b) Deer Works.
(c) Radium Works.
(d) Illiam Works.
15. In "Deer in the Works," what business does David own?
(a) A weekly paper.
(b) A mill.
(c) A law firm.
(d) A factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles Ashland sell?
2. What type of professor testifies against the use of Euphios in "The Euphio Question?"
3. In "The Hyannis Port Story," what meeting does Robert Taft Rumfoord interrupt?
4. Who watches over the children?
5. What happens when the Euphio broadcast is cut off?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)