|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Lie," what grade level attends school at Whitehill Academy?
(a) High school.
(b) Elementary school.
(d) Middle school.
2. Why does Joe leave the orphanage?
(a) He wants to find a job.
(b) He can't stand the other kids anymore.
(c) He is kicked out.
(d) He thinks he sees his father.
3. What does the narrator in "Go Back to Your Precious Wife and Son" do for a living?
(d) Construction worker.
4. What does Eli do when the Whitehill headmaster enters the dining room?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He hides behind a menu.
(c) He waves hello.
(d) He points him out to his father.
5. Who do the Rumfoords live across the street from?
(a) The Kennedys.
(b) The Boydens.
(c) The Clintons.
(d) The Johnsons.
6. In "Unready to Wear," who is the first person to step out of his body?
(a) Dr. Franking.
(b) Dr. Konigswasser.
(c) Dr. Phillips.
(d) Dr. Wearssar.
7. Why does Madge step into the woman's body?
(a) The body is on sale.
(b) Madge is confused.
(c) Madge is pushed into the body.
(d) The body is beautiful.
8. Who gets the nickname "Joe Louis?"
9. What does the narrator teach EPICAC?
(a) About current events.
(b) About hate.
(c) About world conflicts.
(d) About love.
10. When Heinz visits his wife the day after she gives birth in "Adam," what does Heinz say to all her statements?
(b) If you say so.
(d) That's good.
11. What does Mikhail Ivankov do for a living?
(a) A gravel shoveler.
(b) A wood carver.
(c) A stone mason.
(d) A brick layer.
12. Why doesn't Heinz use the phones like the other new fathers?
(a) He isn't happy about the birth of his son.
(b) He has no family to call.
(c) He didn't bring change.
(d) He can't find the phones.
13. What is the relationship between Barnhouse and the narrator?
(a) Barnhouse is the narrator's thesis advisor.
(b) The narrator is Barnhouse's teacher.
(c) The narrator is Barnhouse's cousin.
(d) Barnhouse is the narrator's boss.
14. Why does George Heinzhold drive to his school in the middle of the night?
(a) He has a dream that sends him there.
(b) He gets a call about a robbery.
(c) He thinks he forgot to shut off his lights.
(d) He can't fall asleep.
15. What parenting advice does the narrator give George?
(a) To hug his son.
(b) To let his wife do all the work.
(c) To kick his son in the pants.
(d) To take away privileges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barnhouse end up doing with his powers after escaping the government in "Report on the Barnhouse Effect?"
2. What does Barnhouse tell the secret service about his talent?
3. What do people enter into EPICAC?
4. In "The Hyannis Port Story," what meeting does Robert Taft Rumfoord interrupt?
5. What does George do at the end of "Go Back to Your Precious Wife and Son?"
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)