|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Welcome to the Monkey House," what poem does Billy want Nancy to read?
(a) Something by Shakespeare.
(b) One about roses.
(c) One his grandfather wrote.
(d) A new one he just wrote.
2. How does Billy the Poet put Nancy to sleep?
(a) With sleeping pills.
(b) With alcohol.
(c) With truth serum.
(d) With a boring story.
3. What does Susanna ask Fuller when he gives her papers?
(a) If he is crazy.
(b) If he has anything to say.
(c) If he is sorry.
(d) If he has anything better to do.
4. What did fishermen in Barnstable discover?
(a) That small fish make the best bait.
(b) That tuna is good to eat.
(c) That fishing is poor in their town.
(d) That salmon swim upstream.
5. Who does the stranger say gave him a useful stock tip?
(a) His dad.
(c) Thomas Edison.
6. What play is being produced in "Who Am I This Time?"
(a) Rehearsal for Murder.
(b) Death of a Salesman.
(d) A Streetcar Named Desire.
7. Who stabs Pi Ying?
(b) The young woman.
(c) A solider.
8. What year did Thomas Edison live in the stranger's neighborhood?
9. Who is trying to control overpopulation in "Welcome to the Monkey House?"
(a) The government.
(b) Concerned citizens.
10. What happens when Edison uses the intelligence analyzer on his dog?
(a) The needle goes right to the middle.
(b) The dog runs away.
(c) The needle stays at the bottom.
(d) The needle goes all the way to the top.
11. Who is the narrator in "Who Am I This Time?"
(a) A producer.
(b) A director.
(c) An unknown person.
(d) An actor.
12. How does Billy the Poet disguise himself from Nancy?
(a) With a rubber mask.
(b) With a ski mask.
(c) With glasses and a wig.
(d) With a trench coat.
13. Why does Newt kiss Catharine during their walk?
(a) He thinks it will change her mind.
(b) He knows it's his only chance.
(c) He was dared to.
(d) He thinks she loves him.
14. Who auditions to play Stella in the play?
(b) The narrator.
15. Where is the salesman told to go to try to get a sale?
(a) A library.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A theatre.
(d) A yacht club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts the Bergerons while they are watching television?
2. Why does Paul turn his radio up louder in "Next Door?"
3. What are the Bergerons watching on television?
4. What does Foster learn about his securities after their analysis?
5. What do ethical birth control pills do?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)