|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps George with his renovations?
(a) Grace and her sister.
(b) Anne and the narrator.
(c) The narrator only.
(d) A plumber and an electrician.
2. Why does Helene have a difficult time acting?
(a) She has never been in love.
(b) She has never acted before.
(c) She can't understand the director.
(d) She doesn't like Harry.
3. Who stabs Pi Ying?
(b) A solider.
(d) The young woman.
4. What is The North Crawford Mask and Wig Club?
(a) A social club.
(b) A director's society.
(c) A community theatre club.
(d) A fashion designer club.
5. What does Susanna ask Fuller when he gives her papers?
(a) If he has anything to say.
(b) If he is sorry.
(c) If he has anything better to do.
(d) If he is crazy.
6. In the stranger's story in "Tom Edison's Shaggy Dog," what does Edison say to Sparky?
(a) He hugs him and calls him a good dog.
(b) He tries to convince him to sit.
(c) He yells at him to hurry up.
(d) He accuses him of holding out.
7. Why does Newt kiss Catharine during their walk?
(a) He thinks she loves him.
(b) He thinks it will change her mind.
(c) He was dared to.
(d) He knows it's his only chance.
8. In the beginning of "Long Walk to Forever," how long has it been since Newt and Catharine have seen each other?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
9. What surprises Vonnegut about new dictionaries?
(a) The number of words.
(b) The inclusion of works of art.
(c) The lack of foreign langauge translation.
(d) The long definitions.
10. What interrupts the Bergerons while they are watching television?
(a) A bad storm.
(b) A telephone call.
(c) Interuppted cable service.
(d) A breaking news notice.
11. How does the narrator initially feel about George in "More Stately Mansions?"
(a) That he is too funny.
(b) That he is too quiet.
(c) That he is too worried.
(d) That he is too forward.
12. Where is the salesman told to go to try to get a sale?
(a) A yacht club.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A library.
(d) A theatre.
13. What does the salesman do after eating lunch?
(a) He visits a local school.
(b) He tries to find trustees.
(c) He sets up shop on a corner.
(d) He goes shopping.
14. What handicaps does Hazel wear?
(b) Physical and mental.
15. In "Harrison Bergeron," what must strong people wear?
Short Answer Questions
1. What handicaps does George Bergeron wear?
2. What did fishermen in Barnstable discover?
3. Who does the stranger say gave him a useful stock tip?
4. When does the stranger say the last time he worked was?
5. What surprises the narrator and Anne about Grace's house?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)