|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sheriff warn Nancy about Billy the Poet?
(a) That he has been courting hostesses.
(b) That he wears a mask.
(c) That he has been stealing money.
(d) That he has been attacking hostesses.
2. On the giant chess board, what piece is Kelly?
(a) The white bishop.
(b) The white king.
(c) The black king.
(d) A black pawn.
3. What happens when the DJ delivers Paul's message?
(a) He hears nothing.
(b) He hears a loud slap.
(c) He hears laughter.
(d) He hears three gun shots.
4. Who helps George with his renovations?
(a) A plumber and an electrician.
(b) The narrator only.
(c) Grace and her sister.
(d) Anne and the narrator.
5. What does Susanna do at the pharmacy in "Miss Temptation?"
(a) Steals prescriptions.
(b) Reads the newspaper.
(c) Look for work.
(d) Sings and dances.
6. Where is the salesman told to go to try to get a sale?
(a) A library.
(b) A theatre.
(c) A yacht club.
(d) A hotel.
7. Who is trying to control overpopulation in "Welcome to the Monkey House?"
(a) Concerned citizens.
(d) The government.
8. How does the narrator describe Newt's way of talking?
9. In "More Stately Mansions," what does Grace talk to her new neighbors about when she first meets them?
10. Where does the salesman eat lunch?
(a) A yacht club.
(b) The only eatery in town.
(c) A private house.
(d) A pub.
11. In "Welcome to the Monkey House," what is the Kennedy Compound?
(a) A suicide center.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A museum.
12. How is Barnstable described?
(a) As a place dedicated to the future.
(b) As a place open to change.
(c) As a place that draws visitors.
(d) As a place without tourist attractions.
13. What do ethical birth control pills do?
(a) Decrease desire for sex.
(b) Make people physically sick.
(c) Nothing, they are fake.
(d) Prevent pregnancy.
14. What interrupts the Bergerons while they are watching television?
(a) A breaking news notice.
(b) Interuppted cable service.
(c) A telephone call.
(d) A bad storm.
15. Why does Newt tell Catharine he may be punished heavily?
(a) He wants her to feel bad for him.
(b) He wants her to loan him money.
(c) He wants her to admit she loves him.
(d) He wants her to apologize to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much are Foster's securities worth?
2. What does the salesman do after eating lunch?
3. In the beginning of "Long Walk to Forever," how long has it been since Newt and Catharine have seen each other?
4. How does Vonnegut describe Random House's definitions?
5. What does Harry do a week after his final performance with Helene?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)