|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the salesman do after eating lunch?
(a) He tries to find trustees.
(b) He goes shopping.
(c) He visits a local school.
(d) He sets up shop on a corner.
2. How does the narrator initially feel about George in "More Stately Mansions?"
(a) That he is too funny.
(b) That he is too quiet.
(c) That he is too forward.
(d) That he is too worried.
3. What surprises the narrator and Anne about Grace's house?
(a) It is very small.
(b) It is in poor shape.
(c) It is filled with expensive furniture.
(d) It is all brown.
4. What makes Harrison Bergeron so dangerous according to officials?
(a) He isn't of sane mind.
(b) He isn't wearing handicaps.
(c) He is too tall and strong.
(d) He is wearing too many handicaps.
5. In "All the King's Horses," where were Kelly and his family headed when their plane crashed?
(c) The middle east.
6. How does the narrator describe Newt's way of talking?
7. What does Fuller see when he waits for Susanna at the drug store the day after he verbally attacked her?
(a) Angry men.
(b) Delivery men.
(c) No one.
(d) Moving men.
8. Who is trying to control overpopulation in "Welcome to the Monkey House?"
(c) The government.
(d) Concerned citizens.
9. What impresses Vonnegut about the new version of the Random House dictionary?
(a) The latin background for each word.
(b) The long list of editors.
(c) The inclusion of an atlas.
(d) The length of the book.
10. How does Helene start to fall in love with Harry?
(a) From play rehearsals.
(b) From her sister's pushing.
(c) From his love letters.
(d) From their weekend getaways.
11. What year did Thomas Edison live in the stranger's neighborhood?
12. At the end of "All the King's Men," what does Barzov claim?
(a) That he lost the game on purpose.
(b) That Pi Ying was a good leader.
(c) That he doesn't want to start a fight with America.
(d) That he won't let Kelly's wife go.
13. What does Pi Ying threaten those who complain with?
(b) Prison time.
14. What does Harrison Bergeron declare himself to be when he is on television?
(a) Emperor of the world.
(b) High priest of all.
(c) A supreme court judge.
(d) The president of the United States.
15. What does Harold tell the stranger in "Tom Edison's Shaggy Dog?"
(a) The bus schedule.
(b) His life story.
(c) Current events.
(d) Gossip about the neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harry behave whenever he is done acting?
2. Who is required to take ethical birth control pills?
3. What does Helene give Harry during their final performance?
4. In the stranger's story in "Tom Edison's Shaggy Dog," what does Edison say to Sparky?
5. Who is the narrator of "Where I Live?"
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)