|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does Risa have that impresses the counselor?
2. What does Connor do when he sees Lev again?
3. Why does Tyler want CyFi to return to his old home?
4. What is Roland assigned to do as work?
5. How long will the Unwinds be in the Graveyard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some possible reasons that the Admiral may wish to run the Graveyard?
2. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
3. How does Lev show that he has matured after Connor punches him in chapter 34?
4. In chapter 56 Connor discovers that there are kids missing from his dorm. Where are they?
5. Why is it important to Connor that Risa not see him being taken to the "Chop Shop"?
6. What does the counselor's behavior toward Risa show about the opinion people have of Unwinds in chapter 52?
7. Roland is Unwound in chapter 61. How does the silence in the room effect the mood of the chapter?
8. What lesson does Lev leave Joplin with at the end of chapter 31?
9. Why does the knowledge of Connor's unwinding cause Lev to move up the detonation in chapter 62?
10. Why does Risa think their new home is called the Graveyard when she sees it in chapter 28?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Risa is playing the piano on the roof at Happy Jack, she meets a boy named Dalton. Dalton has a plan to escape the camp when he turns 18.
Explain Dalton's plan. Do you think it will work? Why or why not? Do you think the camp will allow him to leave when he turns 18? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Every character in "Unwind" grows from the beginning of the story to the end. Lev, Connor, Risa and even Roland become different people as the book progresses. Their individual experiences, and different relationships, change them - for better or worse.
Choose a character from the book and explain how they have changed. Make sure to discuss how their behavior at the beginning of the book is different from their behavior at the end of the book. Give examples from the plot that contributed to their personality change and analyze how each example changed them. Finally, discuss how you think the character added to the overall plot and storyline of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Connor, Risa and Lev are three very different characters. They come from diverse backgrounds and react to the same situations in very different ways. By the end of the book each of these characters has grown and changed. In this essay, please discuss:
1) What are each of the main character's goals at the beginning of the book?
2) What was the main catalysts for change for each character?
3) What are each of the main character's goals at the end of the book?
4) Which character do you believe has grown the most? The least? Explain and support your answer.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)