Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of the Unwinds like Roland, but how do they feel about Connor?
2. What last name is given to all children who are in the custody of the state?
3. Where are Risa and Connor finally able to meet in private?
4. What is Emby's nickname?
5. Who does Roland demand to see before he is taken away?
Essay Topic 1
The Admiral's behavior added to the unrest of the teens at the Graveyard. His guarded manner, secrecy and dictatorial ruling contributed to the mob scene that developed in chapter 24. The death of the Goldens, Emby's disappearance and Roland's subversive actions all also contributed to the mob. Explain, in detail, why the teens were rioting. Do you support what they were doing? Why or why not? Give at least 5 examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
In the book, unwanted babies are "storked." Meaning they are left on the doorstep of unsuspecting people's homes. In reality some states allow mothers to abandon their unwanted babies at hospitals or police stations.
1) Is this the same as "storking"? Why or why not?
2) How do you feel about "storking" as it is presented in the book? Why do you feel the way you do?
3) How do you feel about the current laws that allow children to be abandoned at hospitals and police stations? Why do you feel the way you do?
4) Come up with as solution (other than abortion or adoption) to assist unwanted children in today's society.
Essay Topic 3
The Unwinds fly the Admiral to a nearby hospital for care. When they arrive, they are met by a first-year medical intern who offers to give the Admiral an organ transplant. When the Admiral, Connor and Risa object to the transplant the first-year resident is not happy.
In the United States, doctors take what is called the Hippocratic Oath. The oath is a promise to always treat life in the highest regard. It is also a promise to protect human life.
Assuming doctors in Unwind take this same oath, how do you think they can justify using parts from Unwinds? Do they consider Unwind life not as equal as the life of non-Unwinds? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,883 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)