Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most of the Unwinds like Roland, but how do they feel about Connor?
2. What last name is given to all children who are in the custody of the state?
3. Where are Risa and Connor finally able to meet in private?
4. What is Emby's nickname?
5. Who does Roland demand to see before he is taken away?
Essay Topic 1
Terrorism is a recurrent theme in "Unwind". The Clappers are a terrorist organization whose mission is to cause chaos and social unrest.
Why do you think Lev joined the Clappers? Do you think the Clapper's mission falls in line with Lev's values? Why or why not? What has happened to Lev throughout the course of the book that may have contributed to his desire to join the Clappers? Do you think Lev has made the right choice? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In the book, unwanted babies are "storked." Meaning they are left on the doorstep of unsuspecting people's homes. In reality some states allow mothers to abandon their unwanted babies at hospitals or police stations.
1) Is this the same as "storking"? Why or why not?
2) How do you feel about "storking" as it is presented in the book? Why do you feel the way you do?
3) How do you feel about the current laws that allow children to be abandoned at hospitals and police stations? Why do you feel the way you do?
4) Come up with as solution (other than abortion or adoption) to assist unwanted children in today's society.
Essay Topic 3
The Unwinds fly the Admiral to a nearby hospital for care. When they arrive, they are met by a first-year medical intern who offers to give the Admiral an organ transplant. When the Admiral, Connor and Risa object to the transplant the first-year resident is not happy.
In the United States, doctors take what is called the Hippocratic Oath. The oath is a promise to always treat life in the highest regard. It is also a promise to protect human life.
Assuming doctors in Unwind take this same oath, how do you think they can justify using parts from Unwinds? Do they consider Unwind life not as equal as the life of non-Unwinds? Why or why not?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)