|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does Risa have that impresses the counselor?
2. What does Lev discover after talking to the priest?
3. What assignment does Lev volunteer to do?
4. How does Lev convince Blaine that it is time to start their plan?
5. What does Connor do when he sees Lev again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Risa lucky to be chosen to play piano for new arrivals? Or is she unlucky?
2. How does the Admiral finally convince Connor to trust him, and spy for him, as chapter 34 unfolds?
3. What does Risa and Connor's meeting in the bathroom in chapter 58 say about the nature of their relationship?
4. Why does Risa think their new home is called the Graveyard when she sees it in chapter 28?
5. How do Lev's feelings toward CyFi change in chapter 29?
6. What does the counselor's behavior toward Risa show about the opinion people have of Unwinds in chapter 52?
7. How does Lev show that he has matured after Connor punches him in chapter 34?
8. What lesson does Lev leave Joplin with at the end of chapter 31?
9. As Connor arrives at Happy Jack Harvest Camp, in chapter 51, he learns that his reputation has proceeded him. What it his reputation?
10. Roland is Unwound in chapter 61. How does the silence in the room effect the mood of the chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Admiral's behavior added to the unrest of the teens at the Graveyard. His guarded manner, secrecy and dictatorial ruling contributed to the mob scene that developed in chapter 24. The death of the Goldens, Emby's disappearance and Roland's subversive actions all also contributed to the mob. Explain, in detail, why the teens were rioting. Do you support what they were doing? Why or why not? Give at least 5 examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
After Risa and Connor are arrested by the juvey-cops, they learn that the cops have known about the Admiral and the Graveyard for a year. However, they have decided not to bother the Graveyard and have allowed the Admiral to continue to operate his facility. The juvey-cops claim that they have chosen not to shut down the Graveyard because they would rather not have to chase down Unwinds all over the country.
What other reasons might the juvey-cops have for allowing the Admiral to run the Graveyard? Do you think everyone is supportive of unwinding? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write a research paper about organ donation. Answer the following questions in your research:
What is organ donation?
How does it work?
How does the body respond to a donated organ?
What happens after a person receives a donated organ?
What are the rights of the family who donated the organ?
Are there drawbacks to organ donation? What might they be?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)