|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Risa and Connor when they get caught by the juvey-cops?
2. Who tends to Connor after he emerges from the "chop shop" after the explosion?
3. What motivated Emby's aunt to sign his Unwind papers?
4. Where are Risa and Connor finally able to meet in private?
5. What does Connor do when he sees Lev again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the knowledge of Connor's unwinding cause Lev to move up the detonation in chapter 62?
2. In chapter 56 Connor discovers that there are kids missing from his dorm. Where are they?
3. What does the counselor's behavior toward Risa show about the opinion people have of Unwinds in chapter 52?
4. What does Risa and Connor's meeting in the bathroom in chapter 58 say about the nature of their relationship?
5. Why is Lev willing to become a suicide bomber for the Clapper cause?
6. In chapter 28 the Unwinds meet the Admiral. Is it significant that he does not go by a name, but by a title?
7. What lesson does Lev leave Joplin with at the end of chapter 31?
8. In chapters 33 and 34, Risa and Connor are given work assignments. How might these assignments be a positive thing for them?
9. In chapter 34, Hayden tells Connor that he is respected because he has integrity. How has Connor shown integrity?
10. What are some possible reasons that the Admiral may wish to run the Graveyard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many people believe that stem cell research creates a slippery slope. In fact, former President Bush banned federal funding for embryonic stem cell research while he was in office. He felt that the use of these stem cells was not moral. After reading about Maternity Hospital #6 we can see how the harvesting embryonic stem cells can be abused. However, many people believe that embryonic stem cells are the best way to save human lives.
In this assignment you will take a side in this issue. Stand on once side of the issue or another. If you are unsure of where you stand, take a moment to do some research on the subject. Your paper should include a solid thesis statement as well as facts to support your position. The paper must have a solid introduction, must include 5 supported reasons for your stance, and have a succinct conclusion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the plot of the novel "Unwind". Be sure to detail the introduction, rising action, climax, falling action and resolution. For each of these sections of the plot, discuss whether these plot points helped or hurt the plot. Explain why you feel the way you do.
Essay Topic 3
The Graveyard is a place where Unwinds live until they turn 18. It is not an ideal living place, and the conditions are stark, but the Unwinds receive food, shelter, care and job training until they are able to leave.
Wards of the state in the United States live in youth homes across the country. What are the conditions like at youth homes? What types of services are offered to the youth and teens who live there? How are these places similar to the Graveyard? How are they different? What happens to these children once they turn 18?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)