|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivated Emby's aunt to sign his Unwind papers?
2. Where are Risa and Connor finally able to meet in private?
3. What is the reason the Admiral gives for wanting Connor on his jet?
4. What does Lev discover after talking to the priest?
5. What is the name of the camp where Risa and Connor are sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 56 Connor discovers that there are kids missing from his dorm. Where are they?
2. Why is Lev willing to become a suicide bomber for the Clapper cause?
3. In chapter 34, Hayden tells Connor that he is respected because he has integrity. How has Connor shown integrity?
4. Why has Connor chosen to make the Admiral the focus of his anger and resentment?
5. What does the counselor's behavior toward Risa show about the opinion people have of Unwinds in chapter 52?
6. How does the Admiral finally convince Connor to trust him, and spy for him, as chapter 34 unfolds?
7. How does Lev show that he has matured after Connor punches him in chapter 34?
8. Roland is Unwound in chapter 61. How does the silence in the room effect the mood of the chapter?
9. Why does the knowledge of Connor's unwinding cause Lev to move up the detonation in chapter 62?
10. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Every character in "Unwind" grows from the beginning of the story to the end. Lev, Connor, Risa and even Roland become different people as the book progresses. Their individual experiences, and different relationships, change them - for better or worse.
Choose a character from the book and explain how they have changed. Make sure to discuss how their behavior at the beginning of the book is different from their behavior at the end of the book. Give examples from the plot that contributed to their personality change and analyze how each example changed them. Finally, discuss how you think the character added to the overall plot and storyline of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Define dystopian society? Do you believe that "Unwind" represents a dystopian society? Why or why not? Provide at least 3 examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Write a research paper about organ donation. Answer the following questions in your research:
What is organ donation?
How does it work?
How does the body respond to a donated organ?
What happens after a person receives a donated organ?
What are the rights of the family who donated the organ?
Are there drawbacks to organ donation? What might they be?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)