|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for work that needs to be done at the Graveyard?
2. What are harvest camps created to resemble?
3. What skill does Risa have that impresses the counselor?
4. What last name is given to all children who are in the custody of the state?
5. What does Connor think when he sees Risa playing piano?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify and discuss 3 subplots that develop in the book. In your discussion include:
Who is involved in the subplot.
Major developments in the subplot.
How the subplot is resolved.
Essay Topic 2
Define dystopian society? Do you believe that "Unwind" represents a dystopian society? Why or why not? Provide at least 3 examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Admiral's behavior added to the unrest of the teens at the Graveyard. His guarded manner, secrecy and dictatorial ruling contributed to the mob scene that developed in chapter 24. The death of the Goldens, Emby's disappearance and Roland's subversive actions all also contributed to the mob. Explain, in detail, why the teens were rioting. Do you support what they were doing? Why or why not? Give at least 5 examples to support your argument.
This section contains 1,902 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)