|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plan does Roland try to get Connor involved in?
2. Why is Roland scheduled to be unwound immediately?
3. What does Risa wish when she sees Roland?
4. What was the Alaskan pipeline job?
5. What is the name of the place where the Unwinds are being sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lev willing to become a suicide bomber for the Clapper cause?
2. Why would anyone choose to sponsor an Unwind from the Graveyard as suggested by the Admiral in chapter 28?
3. Why does the Admiral choose to tell his story to Connor in chapter 34?
4. What evidence does the author give of Lev's changed character during his meeting with the pawnbroker in chapter 26?
5. In chapter 35 Lev joins the Clappers, a groups whose only mission is to cause chaos. Does this type of group fit with what the reader now knows about Lev?
6. How does Lev show that he has matured after Connor punches him in chapter 34?
7. As Connor arrives at Happy Jack Harvest Camp, in chapter 51, he learns that his reputation has proceeded him. What it his reputation?
8. How do Lev's feelings toward CyFi change in chapter 29?
9. Roland is Unwound in chapter 61. How does the silence in the room effect the mood of the chapter?
10. How does the Admiral finally convince Connor to trust him, and spy for him, as chapter 34 unfolds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define dystopian society? Do you believe that "Unwind" represents a dystopian society? Why or why not? Provide at least 3 examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The Graveyard is a place where Unwinds live until they turn 18. It is not an ideal living place, and the conditions are stark, but the Unwinds receive food, shelter, care and job training until they are able to leave.
Wards of the state in the United States live in youth homes across the country. What are the conditions like at youth homes? What types of services are offered to the youth and teens who live there? How are these places similar to the Graveyard? How are they different? What happens to these children once they turn 18?
Essay Topic 3
Write a research paper about organ donation. Answer the following questions in your research:
What is organ donation?
How does it work?
How does the body respond to a donated organ?
What happens after a person receives a donated organ?
What are the rights of the family who donated the organ?
Are there drawbacks to organ donation? What might they be?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)