|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland do while Risa is in the bathroom?
2. How does Risa feel when Connor does not fight Roland?
3. What is Lev's first impression of Cyrus?
4. What does the headmaster tell Risa as to why she has been chosen for unwinding?
5. What is Risa's theory about Lev's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 3, how does Levi feel about being offered as a tithe?
2. Why does the Headmaster choose Risa to be sent to the harvest camp in chapter 2?
3. What might the meeting in chapter 4 of Connor, Levi and Risa foreshadow?
4. In chapter 34, Hayden tells Connor that he is respected because he has integrity. How has Connor shown integrity?
5. What reason(s) might CyFi have for traveling with Lev?
6. In chapter 22 Roland arrives at the warehouse. Why does he want to fight Connor so badly?
7. What do Risa's actions in the woods, in chapter 5, show the reader about her character?
8. In chapter 51 the teens are sent to Happy Jack Harvest Camp. Why is the camps so nice and colorful?
9. What are some possible reasons that the Admiral may wish to run the Graveyard?
10. In chapter 24, Risa is almost raped by Roland. What does her anger at Connor tell the reader about her feelings for Connor?
Essay Topic 1
The Admiral's behavior added to the unrest of the teens at the Graveyard. His guarded manner, secrecy and dictatorial ruling contributed to the mob scene that developed in chapter 24. The death of the Goldens, Emby's disappearance and Roland's subversive actions all also contributed to the mob. Explain, in detail, why the teens were rioting. Do you support what they were doing? Why or why not? Give at least 5 examples to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
While Risa is playing the piano on the roof at Happy Jack, she meets a boy named Dalton. Dalton has a plan to escape the camp when he turns 18.
Explain Dalton's plan. Do you think it will work? Why or why not? Do you think the camp will allow him to leave when he turns 18? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Connor, Risa and Lev are three very different characters. They come from diverse backgrounds and react to the same situations in very different ways. By the end of the book each of these characters has grown and changed. In this essay, please discuss:
1) What are each of the main character's goals at the beginning of the book?
2) What was the main catalysts for change for each character?
3) What are each of the main character's goals at the end of the book?
4) Which character do you believe has grown the most? The least? Explain and support your answer.
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)