|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Connor begin to do better in school and to exhibit better behavior after he finds out that he is scheduled to be unwound?
2. Where does Hannah tell Risa and Connor they will find a woman named Sonia?
3. Who brings dinner to the Unwinds on Christmas?
4. What happens to Lev before Connor can get him to safety in the woods?
5. How long are Risa and Connor shuffled around before they end up in the warehouse by the airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 4, why is Lev frightened by Connor when he is pulled out of the car?
2. What might have been Roland's motive when he attacked Risa in chapter 24?
3. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
4. What feelings does Lev's betrayal create in Connor and Risa?
5. Why does the Headmaster choose Risa to be sent to the harvest camp in chapter 2?
6. How does Connor feel when his girlfriend, Ariana, will not run away with him?
7. In chapter 5, Officer Nelson goes against his instincts when he agrees to help Risa. How does this hurt him?
8. Why does Marcus object to Levi being offered by their family as a tithe when he gives his speech in chapter 3?
9. What happens in chapter 2 that prompts Risa to run away from the bus?
10. What effect does Connor, Risa and Lev's sharing of their stories have on the group in chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Risa is playing the piano on the roof at Happy Jack, she meets a boy named Dalton. Dalton has a plan to escape the camp when he turns 18.
Explain Dalton's plan. Do you think it will work? Why or why not? Do you think the camp will allow him to leave when he turns 18? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Every character in "Unwind" grows from the beginning of the story to the end. Lev, Connor, Risa and even Roland become different people as the book progresses. Their individual experiences, and different relationships, change them - for better or worse.
Choose a character from the book and explain how they have changed. Make sure to discuss how their behavior at the beginning of the book is different from their behavior at the end of the book. Give examples from the plot that contributed to their personality change and analyze how each example changed them. Finally, discuss how you think the character added to the overall plot and storyline of the book.
Essay Topic 3
The romance between Risa and Connor is one of the major subplots of the book. Explain how their romance develops and what plot devices are used to push them together and pull them apart. Provide 3 examples in your writing and make sure to explain how the plot effected their romance.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)