|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Risa want to test Lev?
2. Why does Lev confront Cyrus about the way he talks?
3. What choice does Risa discover she has when the bus she is on crashes?
4. How long are Risa and Connor shuffled around before they end up in the warehouse by the airport?
5. What does Risa decide to treat Lev and Connor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does Connor, Risa and Lev's sharing of their stories have on the group in chapter 7?
2. What might the meeting in chapter 4 of Connor, Levi and Risa foreshadow?
3. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
4. What might have been Roland's motive when he attacked Risa in chapter 24?
5. Why is it so important to Risa that she keep Connor at arm's distance in chapter 8?
6. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
7. What feelings does Lev's betrayal create in Connor and Risa?
8. Is Pastor Dan's advice to Lev in chapter 15 the betrayal that Lev feels it is?
9. In chapter 4, why is Lev frightened by Connor when he is pulled out of the car?
10. What is the significance of it being Christmas Day in chapter 24?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The romance between Risa and Connor is one of the major subplots of the book. Explain how their romance develops and what plot devices are used to push them together and pull them apart. Provide 3 examples in your writing and make sure to explain how the plot effected their romance.
Essay Topic 2
In the book, unwanted babies are "storked." Meaning they are left on the doorstep of unsuspecting people's homes. In reality some states allow mothers to abandon their unwanted babies at hospitals or police stations.
1) Is this the same as "storking"? Why or why not?
2) How do you feel about "storking" as it is presented in the book? Why do you feel the way you do?
3) How do you feel about the current laws that allow children to be abandoned at hospitals and police stations? Why do you feel the way you do?
4) Come up with as solution (other than abortion or adoption) to assist unwanted children in today's society.
Essay Topic 3
While Risa is playing the piano on the roof at Happy Jack, she meets a boy named Dalton. Dalton has a plan to escape the camp when he turns 18.
Explain Dalton's plan. Do you think it will work? Why or why not? Do you think the camp will allow him to leave when he turns 18? Why or why not?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)