|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Risa, Connor and Lev begin to bond with each other?
2. What is Risa's reaction to being told she is destined for a harvest camp?
3. What is one problem that the brain bits cause for Cyrus?
4. How does Connor think he can avoid being sent to the harvest camp?
5. Who are the Fatigues?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does the author give of Lev's changed character during his meeting with the pawnbroker in chapter 26?
2. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
3. In chapter 28 the Unwinds meet the Admiral. Is it significant that he does not go by a name, but by a title?
4. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
5. In chapter 51 the teens are sent to Happy Jack Harvest Camp. Why is the camps so nice and colorful?
6. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
7. Is Risa lucky to be chosen to play piano for new arrivals? Or is she unlucky?
8. What reason(s) might CyFi have for traveling with Lev?
9. Why is Lev willing to become a suicide bomber for the Clapper cause?
10. As Connor arrives at Happy Jack Harvest Camp, in chapter 51, he learns that his reputation has proceeded him. What it his reputation?
Essay Topic 1
When Risa arrives at Happy Jack Harvest Camp she becomes embroiled in an argument with one of her counselors. Risa argues that if Unwinds are bad, then some of their "parts" must be bad too. She wants to know how they determine the difference between "good" and "bad" parts and what the camp does with the "bad" parts. Risa's question is a good one, as it asks the reader to think about the role of the soul in creating a person. As shown in CyFi's story, the "bits" of Unwinds that are used still retain some of Unwind's identity.
Pretend that you are either Risa or the Happy Jack counselor. Choose a side and argue your point from their perspective. Make sure that you include details to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Write a research paper about organ donation. Answer the following questions in your research:
What is organ donation?
How does it work?
How does the body respond to a donated organ?
What happens after a person receives a donated organ?
What are the rights of the family who donated the organ?
Are there drawbacks to organ donation? What might they be?
Essay Topic 3
After Risa and Connor are arrested by the juvey-cops, they learn that the cops have known about the Admiral and the Graveyard for a year. However, they have decided not to bother the Graveyard and have allowed the Admiral to continue to operate his facility. The juvey-cops claim that they have chosen not to shut down the Graveyard because they would rather not have to chase down Unwinds all over the country.
What other reasons might the juvey-cops have for allowing the Admiral to run the Graveyard? Do you think everyone is supportive of unwinding? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,462 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)