|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will happen to Connor once he arrives at the harvest camp?
2. How does Connor feel about Lev?
3. Why does Risa pretend to be Didi?
4. What does it mean for a baby to be "storked"?
5. What is one problem that the brain bits cause for Cyrus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Risa's plan to test Lev fail at the end of chapter 8?
2. In chapters 33 and 34, Risa and Connor are given work assignments. How might these assignments be a positive thing for them?
3. What feelings does Lev's betrayal create in Connor and Risa?
4. Why is Lev willing to become a suicide bomber for the Clapper cause?
5. In chapter 20, Hannah tells Risa that she and her husband will raise Didi. How does this scene show how Risa's feelings have changed toward the Storked baby?
6. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
7. Why is it important to Connor that Risa not see him being taken to the "Chop Shop"?
8. As Connor arrives at Happy Jack Harvest Camp, in chapter 51, he learns that his reputation has proceeded him. What it his reputation?
9. How do Lev's feelings toward CyFi change in chapter 29?
10. Why does Risa think their new home is called the Graveyard when she sees it in chapter 28?
Essay Topic 1
Identify and discuss 3 subplots that develop in the book. In your discussion include:
Who is involved in the subplot.
Major developments in the subplot.
How the subplot is resolved.
Essay Topic 2
While Risa is playing the piano on the roof at Happy Jack, she meets a boy named Dalton. Dalton has a plan to escape the camp when he turns 18.
Explain Dalton's plan. Do you think it will work? Why or why not? Do you think the camp will allow him to leave when he turns 18? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Unwinds fly the Admiral to a nearby hospital for care. When they arrive, they are met by a first-year medical intern who offers to give the Admiral an organ transplant. When the Admiral, Connor and Risa object to the transplant the first-year resident is not happy.
In the United States, doctors take what is called the Hippocratic Oath. The oath is a promise to always treat life in the highest regard. It is also a promise to protect human life.
Assuming doctors in Unwind take this same oath, how do you think they can justify using parts from Unwinds? Do they consider Unwind life not as equal as the life of non-Unwinds? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,427 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)