Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Risa's piano teacher?
2. Why does Connor begin to do better in school and to exhibit better behavior after he finds out that he is scheduled to be unwound?
3. Why are Connor, Lev and Risa surprised when they read the newspaper?
4. How does Risa get away from Nelson?
5. What does Risa decide to treat Lev and Connor?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Lev sits in the workout room in chapter 57, how does he see his position as a tithe?
2. How do Lev's feelings toward CyFi change in chapter 29?
3. How does Connor feel when his girlfriend, Ariana, will not run away with him?
4. Why would anyone choose to sponsor an Unwind from the Graveyard as suggested by the Admiral in chapter 28?
5. Why isn't Risa more supportive when Connor picks up the Storked baby in chapter 11?
6. Why has Connor chosen to make the Admiral the focus of his anger and resentment?
7. In chapter 3, how does Levi feel about being offered as a tithe?
8. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
9. In chapter 56 Connor discovers that there are kids missing from his dorm. Where are they?
10. In chapter 22 Roland arrives at the warehouse. Why does he want to fight Connor so badly?
Write a research paper about organ donation. Answer the following questions in your research:
What is organ donation?
How does it work?
How does the body respond to a donated organ?
What happens after a person receives a donated organ?
What are the rights of the family who donated the organ?
Are there drawbacks to organ donation? What might they be?
When Risa arrives at Happy Jack Harvest Camp she becomes embroiled in an argument with one of her counselors. Risa argues that if Unwinds are bad, then some of their "parts" must be bad too. She wants to know how they determine the difference between "good" and "bad" parts and what the camp does with the "bad" parts. Risa's question is a good one, as it asks the reader to think about the role of the soul in creating a person. As shown in CyFi's story, the "bits" of Unwinds that are used still retain some of Unwind's identity.
Pretend that you are either Risa or the Happy Jack counselor. Choose a side and argue your point from their perspective. Make sure that you include details to support your argument.
Identify and discuss 3 subplots that develop in the book. In your discussion include:
Who is involved in the subplot.
Major developments in the subplot.
How the subplot is resolved.
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)