|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the mother feel about leaving her baby on someone's doorstep?
2. Who is J.T. Nelson?
3. Who are the Fatigues?
4. What happens to the note that Lev writes to the boy on the bus?
5. What does Lev think should happen to Risa and Connor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what CyFi might mean when he says in chapter 21, "I ain't no runaway - I'm a run-to." (Part Three, Chap. 21, p.122)
2. What do Risa's actions in the woods, in chapter 5, show the reader about her character?
3. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
4. Is Pastor Dan's advice to Lev in chapter 15 the betrayal that Lev feels it is?
5. What is the significance of it being Christmas Day in chapter 24?
6. How does Lev justify leading the cops to Risa and Connor in chapter 17?
7. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
8. In chapter 7, the Unwinds find themselves in the woods for the night. Why is their ability to trust each other imperative?
9. In chapter 4, why is Lev frightened by Connor when he is pulled out of the car?
10. What feelings does Lev's betrayal create in Connor and Risa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define dystopian society? Do you believe that "Unwind" represents a dystopian society? Why or why not? Provide at least 3 examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The romance between Risa and Connor is one of the major subplots of the book. Explain how their romance develops and what plot devices are used to push them together and pull them apart. Provide 3 examples in your writing and make sure to explain how the plot effected their romance.
Essay Topic 3
While Risa is playing the piano on the roof at Happy Jack, she meets a boy named Dalton. Dalton has a plan to escape the camp when he turns 18.
Explain Dalton's plan. Do you think it will work? Why or why not? Do you think the camp will allow him to leave when he turns 18? Why or why not?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)