|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Risa feel about Connor taking the baby?
2. At what age does unwinding take place?
3. Why does Risa think the Unwinds need help?
4. What condition is Lev in when he wakes up?
5. Why is Risa cradling her arm in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will agreeing with Connor and Risa benefit Lev in chapter 6?
2. In chapter 22 Roland arrives at the warehouse. Why does he want to fight Connor so badly?
3. Why does Marcus object to Levi being offered by their family as a tithe when he gives his speech in chapter 3?
4. In chapter 24, Risa is almost raped by Roland. What does her anger at Connor tell the reader about her feelings for Connor?
5. In chapter 20, Hannah tells Risa that she and her husband will raise Didi. How does this scene show how Risa's feelings have changed toward the Storked baby?
6. Explain what CyFi might mean when he says in chapter 21, "I ain't no runaway - I'm a run-to." (Part Three, Chap. 21, p.122)
7. What might have been Roland's motive when he attacked Risa in chapter 24?
8. What is the significance of Lev's realization that Levi Jedediah Calder no longer exists in chapter 18?
9. What happens in chapter 2 that prompts Risa to run away from the bus?
10. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Unwinds fly the Admiral to a nearby hospital for care. When they arrive, they are met by a first-year medical intern who offers to give the Admiral an organ transplant. When the Admiral, Connor and Risa object to the transplant the first-year resident is not happy.
In the United States, doctors take what is called the Hippocratic Oath. The oath is a promise to always treat life in the highest regard. It is also a promise to protect human life.
Assuming doctors in Unwind take this same oath, how do you think they can justify using parts from Unwinds? Do they consider Unwind life not as equal as the life of non-Unwinds? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write a research paper about organ donation. Answer the following questions in your research:
What is organ donation?
How does it work?
How does the body respond to a donated organ?
What happens after a person receives a donated organ?
What are the rights of the family who donated the organ?
Are there drawbacks to organ donation? What might they be?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the plot of the novel "Unwind". Be sure to detail the introduction, rising action, climax, falling action and resolution. For each of these sections of the plot, discuss whether these plot points helped or hurt the plot. Explain why you feel the way you do.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)