|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Cyrus Finch?
2. Who is Levi Jedediah Calder?
3. What happens to the note that Lev writes to the boy on the bus?
4. How does Connor feel about Lev?
5. Who is the legendary figure the kids talk about in the woods, the figure who went crazy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of it being Christmas Day in chapter 24?
2. What do Risa's actions in the woods, in chapter 5, show the reader about her character?
3. In chapter 21 Lev meets Cyrus Finch, CyFi for short. How is his name a play on words?
4. In chapter 20, Hannah tells Risa that she and her husband will raise Didi. How does this scene show how Risa's feelings have changed toward the Storked baby?
5. In chapter 5, Officer Nelson goes against his instincts when he agrees to help Risa. How does this hurt him?
6. What reason(s) might CyFi have for traveling with Lev?
7. What is the significance of Lev's realization that Levi Jedediah Calder no longer exists in chapter 18?
8. Is Pastor Dan's advice to Lev in chapter 15 the betrayal that Lev feels it is?
9. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
10. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the plot of the novel "Unwind". Be sure to detail the introduction, rising action, climax, falling action and resolution. For each of these sections of the plot, discuss whether these plot points helped or hurt the plot. Explain why you feel the way you do.
Essay Topic 2
The romance between Risa and Connor is one of the major subplots of the book. Explain how their romance develops and what plot devices are used to push them together and pull them apart. Provide 3 examples in your writing and make sure to explain how the plot effected their romance.
Essay Topic 3
Many people believe that stem cell research creates a slippery slope. In fact, former President Bush banned federal funding for embryonic stem cell research while he was in office. He felt that the use of these stem cells was not moral. After reading about Maternity Hospital #6 we can see how the harvesting embryonic stem cells can be abused. However, many people believe that embryonic stem cells are the best way to save human lives.
In this assignment you will take a side in this issue. Stand on once side of the issue or another. If you are unsure of where you stand, take a moment to do some research on the subject. Your paper should include a solid thesis statement as well as facts to support your position. The paper must have a solid introduction, must include 5 supported reasons for your stance, and have a succinct conclusion.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)