|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Didi as Risa and Connor are leaving Sonia's basement?
2. How does Lev feel about pretending to like Risa and Connor?
3. What condition is Lev in when he wakes up?
4. Why is Risa cradling her arm in the woods?
5. How does Risa get away from Nelson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Risa more supportive when Connor picks up the Storked baby in chapter 11?
2. Explain what CyFi might mean when he says in chapter 21, "I ain't no runaway - I'm a run-to." (Part Three, Chap. 21, p.122)
3. In chapter 7, the Unwinds find themselves in the woods for the night. Why is their ability to trust each other imperative?
4. What effect does Connor, Risa and Lev's sharing of their stories have on the group in chapter 7?
5. What feelings does Lev's betrayal create in Connor and Risa?
6. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
7. What might the meeting in chapter 4 of Connor, Levi and Risa foreshadow?
8. Why does Risa feel that Connor is in danger from Roland in chapter 22?
9. In chapter 3, how does Levi feel about being offered as a tithe?
10. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many people believe that stem cell research creates a slippery slope. In fact, former President Bush banned federal funding for embryonic stem cell research while he was in office. He felt that the use of these stem cells was not moral. After reading about Maternity Hospital #6 we can see how the harvesting embryonic stem cells can be abused. However, many people believe that embryonic stem cells are the best way to save human lives.
In this assignment you will take a side in this issue. Stand on once side of the issue or another. If you are unsure of where you stand, take a moment to do some research on the subject. Your paper should include a solid thesis statement as well as facts to support your position. The paper must have a solid introduction, must include 5 supported reasons for your stance, and have a succinct conclusion.
Essay Topic 2
The Unwinds fly the Admiral to a nearby hospital for care. When they arrive, they are met by a first-year medical intern who offers to give the Admiral an organ transplant. When the Admiral, Connor and Risa object to the transplant the first-year resident is not happy.
In the United States, doctors take what is called the Hippocratic Oath. The oath is a promise to always treat life in the highest regard. It is also a promise to protect human life.
Assuming doctors in Unwind take this same oath, how do you think they can justify using parts from Unwinds? Do they consider Unwind life not as equal as the life of non-Unwinds? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Lev's parents are very religious people. In their view of faith, having Lev unwound is the ultimate show of love to their God. Lev himself believes that being a tithe gives him a unique and special purpose in life. However, as the story progresses, Lev begins to see tithing in a very different way. He also begins to look at Unwinds differently.
Give 4 instances in which Lev's belief in tithing has been challenged.
Explain how the challenge effects Lev's mental status.
Discuss how these instances change Lev's character.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)