|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lev suddenly want to take care of Cyrus?
2. Who is Cyrus Finch?
3. Who brings dinner to the Unwinds on Christmas?
4. What does it mean for a baby to be "storked"?
5. Why is Risa called in the headmaster's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
2. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
3. Why does Marcus object to Levi being offered by their family as a tithe when he gives his speech in chapter 3?
4. What do Risa's actions in the woods, in chapter 5, show the reader about her character?
5. How does Risa's plan to test Lev fail at the end of chapter 8?
6. What feelings does Lev's betrayal create in Connor and Risa?
7. How does Lev justify leading the cops to Risa and Connor in chapter 17?
8. What reason(s) might CyFi have for traveling with Lev?
9. In chapter 5, Officer Nelson goes against his instincts when he agrees to help Risa. How does this hurt him?
10. How will agreeing with Connor and Risa benefit Lev in chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Risa and Connor are arrested by the juvey-cops, they learn that the cops have known about the Admiral and the Graveyard for a year. However, they have decided not to bother the Graveyard and have allowed the Admiral to continue to operate his facility. The juvey-cops claim that they have chosen not to shut down the Graveyard because they would rather not have to chase down Unwinds all over the country.
What other reasons might the juvey-cops have for allowing the Admiral to run the Graveyard? Do you think everyone is supportive of unwinding? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The Unwinds fly the Admiral to a nearby hospital for care. When they arrive, they are met by a first-year medical intern who offers to give the Admiral an organ transplant. When the Admiral, Connor and Risa object to the transplant the first-year resident is not happy.
In the United States, doctors take what is called the Hippocratic Oath. The oath is a promise to always treat life in the highest regard. It is also a promise to protect human life.
Assuming doctors in Unwind take this same oath, how do you think they can justify using parts from Unwinds? Do they consider Unwind life not as equal as the life of non-Unwinds? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Define dystopian society? Do you believe that "Unwind" represents a dystopian society? Why or why not? Provide at least 3 examples to support your answer.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)