|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Roland scheduled to be unwound immediately?
(a) He was reported for fighting.
(b) His lungs are needed.
(c) He requested to be unwound now.
(d) His bloodtype is rare and in demand.
2. Who does Roland demand to see before he is taken away?
(a) The counselor.
(c) A priest.
3. What is Emby's nickname?
(a) Fish Boy.
(b) The Henchman.
(d) Mouth Breather.
4. Where are Risa and Connor finally able to meet in private?
(a) In the girls' bathroom.
(b) At the rooftop piano.
(c) At breakfast.
(d) In the VIP quarters.
5. Where is Risa assigned to work after she helps a boy with his nosebleed?
(a) The dishroom.
(b) The medic area.
(d) The babysitting area.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lev run when the police are dealing with Tyler and CyFi?
2. What is the topic of the deep conversation the boys have on the plane?
3. What is the name of the camp where Risa and Connor are sent?
4. Why is CyFi so desperate to go to Joplin, Mo?
5. How are Risa and her friend Tina similar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Risa and Connor's meeting in the bathroom in chapter 58 say about the nature of their relationship?
2. What evidence does the author give of Lev's changed character during his meeting with the pawnbroker in chapter 26?
3. As Lev sits in the workout room in chapter 57, how does he see his position as a tithe?
4. Why is Lev willing to become a suicide bomber for the Clapper cause?
5. In chapter 35 Lev joins the Clappers, a groups whose only mission is to cause chaos. Does this type of group fit with what the reader now knows about Lev?
6. What does the counselor's behavior toward Risa show about the opinion people have of Unwinds in chapter 52?
7. Roland is Unwound in chapter 61. How does the silence in the room effect the mood of the chapter?
8. As Connor arrives at Happy Jack Harvest Camp, in chapter 51, he learns that his reputation has proceeded him. What it his reputation?
9. Why does the Admiral choose to tell his story to Connor in chapter 34?
10. In chapter 56 Connor discovers that there are kids missing from his dorm. Where are they?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)