|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Connor have a difficult time traveling in the crate?
(a) He can't stand confined spaces.
(b) He is afraid to become friends with new people.
(c) He was put in a crate by his parents.
(d) There is not enough air in the crate.
2. How long does it take for a person to be Unwound?
(a) Sixty minutes.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Thirty minutes.
3. Who is the self proclaimed "dictator" of the Graveyard?
(b) The Admiral.
(d) The General.
4. What does Connor think when he sees Risa playing piano?
(a) He wishes he could be on the roof too.
(b) He misses her and wishes he could see her again.
(c) He admires her talent.
(d) He is upset that she is being treated differently.
5. What is the average stay for an Unwind at the harvest camp?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) Six days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland just before Connor blacks out during their fight?
2. What is Emby's nickname?
3. What does Roland offer in exchange for his freedom?
4. What last name is given to all children who are in the custody of the state?
5. Why does Connor become angry with Risa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lev show that he has matured after Connor punches him in chapter 34?
2. Is Risa lucky to be chosen to play piano for new arrivals? Or is she unlucky?
3. Why has Connor chosen to make the Admiral the focus of his anger and resentment?
4. Roland is Unwound in chapter 61. How does the silence in the room effect the mood of the chapter?
5. Why is it important to Connor that Risa not see him being taken to the "Chop Shop"?
6. In chapter 56 Connor discovers that there are kids missing from his dorm. Where are they?
7. In chapters 33 and 34, Risa and Connor are given work assignments. How might these assignments be a positive thing for them?
8. Why does the knowledge of Connor's unwinding cause Lev to move up the detonation in chapter 62?
9. What evidence does the author give of Lev's changed character during his meeting with the pawnbroker in chapter 26?
10. In chapter 28 the Unwinds meet the Admiral. Is it significant that he does not go by a name, but by a title?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)