|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group to Lev, Mai and Blaine belong to?
(a) The Clappers.
(b) The Terribles.
(c) The Detonators.
(d) The VIPs.
2. What was the Alaskan pipeline job?
(a) A nature conservation project.
(b) Blowing up oil pipelines.
(c) A cover for Clapper activites.
(d) Rounding up escaped Unwinds.
3. How is Risa treated by the counselor who interviews her?
(a) The woman is impressed by her medic skills.
(b) Like she is an imbecile.
(c) Like a genius.
(d) The woman thinks Risa is a joker.
4. What is the name of the camp where Risa and Connor are sent?
(a) Estes Canyon Harvest Camp.
(b) Happy Acers Harvest Camp.
(c) Happy Jack Harvest Camp.
(d) Arizona Haven Harvest Camp.
5. Where is Connor assigned to work?
(a) As a maintenance worker.
(b) As a Golden.
(c) As a mechanic.
(d) As a dishwasher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days until Lev will be unwound?
2. What does Connor do when he sees Lev again?
3. What does the counselor tell Roland about Connor?
4. What does Risa wish when she sees Roland?
5. Who does Connor credit for having helped him change?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 35 Lev joins the Clappers, a groups whose only mission is to cause chaos. Does this type of group fit with what the reader now knows about Lev?
2. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
3. Is Risa lucky to be chosen to play piano for new arrivals? Or is she unlucky?
4. What are some possible reasons that the Admiral may wish to run the Graveyard?
5. Why would anyone choose to sponsor an Unwind from the Graveyard as suggested by the Admiral in chapter 28?
6. In chapter 28 the Unwinds meet the Admiral. Is it significant that he does not go by a name, but by a title?
7. How does Lev show that he has matured after Connor punches him in chapter 34?
8. What does Risa and Connor's meeting in the bathroom in chapter 58 say about the nature of their relationship?
9. Why is Lev willing to become a suicide bomber for the Clapper cause?
10. In chapters 33 and 34, Risa and Connor are given work assignments. How might these assignments be a positive thing for them?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)