|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days until Lev will be unwound?
2. Who does Connor think he sees when the new Unwinds arrive?
(b) The Admiral.
3. Why does Risa feel she cannot find Connor once they are out of the crates?
(a) She is still upset with him.
(b) They decided to go their own ways.
(c) They are supposed to be in a fight.
(d) She would rather be with Roland.
4. What is Emby's nickname?
(a) Fish Boy.
(c) Mouth Breather.
(d) The Henchman.
5. How long will the Unwinds be in the Graveyard?
(a) For one year until they move to a new location.
(b) Until they are 18 or find a sponsor.
(c) For the rest of their lives.
(d) Until they are able to pay for their freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for work that needs to be done at the Graveyard?
2. Who does Roland demand to see before he is taken away?
3. Who does Connor meet at the camp?
4. What name is Connor known by at the camp?
5. Where is Risa assigned to work after she helps a boy with his nosebleed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is implied in chapter 30 about the nature of brain bits and Unwinds?
2. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
3. In chapter 56 Connor discovers that there are kids missing from his dorm. Where are they?
4. What does the counselor's behavior toward Risa show about the opinion people have of Unwinds in chapter 52?
5. In chapter 28 the Unwinds meet the Admiral. Is it significant that he does not go by a name, but by a title?
6. How does Lev show that he has matured after Connor punches him in chapter 34?
7. What lesson does Lev leave Joplin with at the end of chapter 31?
8. Roland is Unwound in chapter 61. How does the silence in the room effect the mood of the chapter?
9. Why would anyone choose to sponsor an Unwind from the Graveyard as suggested by the Admiral in chapter 28?
10. Why does the Admiral choose to tell his story to Connor in chapter 34?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)