|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the self proclaimed "dictator" of the Graveyard?
(a) The General.
(c) The Admiral.
2. What are harvest camps created to resemble?
(b) Nice resorts.
(c) Suburban communities.
(d) The Graveyard.
3. Who does Connor think he sees when the new Unwinds arrive?
(b) The Admiral.
4. Who does Roland demand to see before he is taken away?
(b) A priest.
(d) The counselor.
5. Why does Connor become angry with Risa?
(a) She is dating Roland.
(b) She works long hours and has no time for him.
(c) She is planning to run away.
(d) She accepts good and supplies from Roland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Unwinds told to stay out of the open desert?
2. Why doesn't Connor want to be in the same crate as Roland?
3. Who does Connor credit for having helped him change?
4. How do the tithes see themselves?
5. Why is CyFi so desperate to go to Joplin, Mo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Risa think their new home is called the Graveyard when she sees it in chapter 28?
2. What is implied in chapter 30 about the nature of brain bits and Unwinds?
3. Why does the Admiral choose to tell his story to Connor in chapter 34?
4. In chapter 51 the teens are sent to Happy Jack Harvest Camp. Why is the camps so nice and colorful?
5. In chapter 35 Lev joins the Clappers, a groups whose only mission is to cause chaos. Does this type of group fit with what the reader now knows about Lev?
6. In chapter 34, Hayden tells Connor that he is respected because he has integrity. How has Connor shown integrity?
7. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
8. What does Risa and Connor's meeting in the bathroom in chapter 58 say about the nature of their relationship?
9. What lesson does Lev leave Joplin with at the end of chapter 31?
10. In chapters 33 and 34, Risa and Connor are given work assignments. How might these assignments be a positive thing for them?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)