|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Connor think he sees when the new Unwinds arrive?
(c) The Admiral.
2. Why does Lev run when the police are dealing with Tyler and CyFi?
(a) He doesn't want to be stuck in Joplin with CyFi's fathers.
(b) Because he doesn't want to be accused of stealing.
(c) He would rather be with Risa and Connor.
(d) Because they will be distracted and he can get away.
3. What name is Connor known by at the camp?
(a) The Troublemaker.
(b) Golden Boy.
(c) The Akron AWOL.
(d) The Terrible.
4. How does Roland behave at the harvest camp?
(a) He behaves like a scared child.
(b) He becomes a nice person.
(c) He rides on Connor's coattails.
(d) He acts like a maniac.
5. What is the name of CyFi's alter ego?
(b) Brain Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Connor try hard not to cause problems?
2. Why does Connor have a difficult time traveling in the crate?
3. How do the boys in Connor's crate feel about Unwinding?
4. Who does Roland demand to see before he is taken away?
5. What is the reason the Admiral gives for wanting Connor on his jet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would anyone choose to sponsor an Unwind from the Graveyard as suggested by the Admiral in chapter 28?
2. In chapter 35 Lev joins the Clappers, a groups whose only mission is to cause chaos. Does this type of group fit with what the reader now knows about Lev?
3. What does Risa and Connor's meeting in the bathroom in chapter 58 say about the nature of their relationship?
4. In chapter 28 the Unwinds meet the Admiral. Is it significant that he does not go by a name, but by a title?
5. How do Lev's feelings toward CyFi change in chapter 29?
6. What is implied in chapter 30 about the nature of brain bits and Unwinds?
7. As Connor arrives at Happy Jack Harvest Camp, in chapter 51, he learns that his reputation has proceeded him. What it his reputation?
8. Why has Connor chosen to make the Admiral the focus of his anger and resentment?
9. How does the Admiral finally convince Connor to trust him, and spy for him, as chapter 34 unfolds?
10. In chapter 34, Hayden tells Connor that he is respected because he has integrity. How has Connor shown integrity?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)