|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lev convince Blaine that it is time to start their plan?
(a) He tells Blaine that the priest knows they are Clappers.
(b) He tells Blaine that he is scheduled for unwinding.
(c) He says Mai is going to be unwound.
(d) He says the guards know there are Clappers at the camp.
2. Where are Risa and Connor finally able to meet in private?
(a) At the rooftop piano.
(b) In the girls' bathroom.
(c) At breakfast.
(d) In the VIP quarters.
3. Who does Roland blame for his incarceration at the harvest camp?
(a) The Admiral.
4. How do the tithes see themselves?
(a) As victims.
(b) As rock stars.
(c) As holy and as part of a miracle.
(d) As bad children.
5. What does Dalton tell Risa about the sight of the Unwinds walking down the "red carpet"?
(a) He tells her to be happy she is saved.
(b) He tells her he is planning to save them.
(c) He tells her she will get used to it.
(d) He tells her to ignore them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tyler want CyFi to return to his old home?
2. What last name is given to all children who are in the custody of the state?
3. How many people are rumored to have died in the crates during the journey?
4. What happens to Risa and Connor the morning after Risa is attacked by Roland?
5. Why doesn't Connor want to be in the same crate as Roland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the knowledge of Connor's unwinding cause Lev to move up the detonation in chapter 62?
2. In chapter 34, Hayden tells Connor that he is respected because he has integrity. How has Connor shown integrity?
3. How does Lev show that he has matured after Connor punches him in chapter 34?
4. What does Risa and Connor's meeting in the bathroom in chapter 58 say about the nature of their relationship?
5. In chapter 28 the Unwinds meet the Admiral. Is it significant that he does not go by a name, but by a title?
6. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
7. In chapters 33 and 34, Risa and Connor are given work assignments. How might these assignments be a positive thing for them?
8. Is Risa lucky to be chosen to play piano for new arrivals? Or is she unlucky?
9. Why is it important to Connor that Risa not see him being taken to the "Chop Shop"?
10. Why is Lev willing to become a suicide bomber for the Clapper cause?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)