|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Risa wish when she sees Roland?
(a) That she had suffocated in the crate.
(b) That he had died in the crate.
(c) That they had been crated together.
(d) That Connor was there to kill him.
2. What does Connor think of the Admiral's jet?
(a) It is gaudy and tacky.
(b) It is nicer than the thought it would be.
(c) It isn't as nice as he thought it would be.
(d) It is cool and he wishes he had one too.
3. Who does Roland demand to see before he is taken away?
(c) A priest.
(d) The counselor.
4. What does Cyrus steal that will give the boys money to travel?
(a) An engagement ring.
(c) A diamond bracelet.
(d) A car.
5. Why are band members kept at the camp for a longer time than others?
(a) So they can play for the camp workers.
(b) Because they are considered of higher value.
(c) So they can play for incoming Unwinds.
(d) Because they can be sold as slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Unwinds look forward to "work calls"?
2. Why is CyFi so desperate to go to Joplin, Mo?
3. How long does it take for a person to be Unwound?
4. Who does Roland blame for his incarceration at the harvest camp?
5. How are Risa and her friend Tina similar?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 34, Hayden tells Connor that he is respected because he has integrity. How has Connor shown integrity?
2. Why does Risa think their new home is called the Graveyard when she sees it in chapter 28?
3. What does the counselor's behavior toward Risa show about the opinion people have of Unwinds in chapter 52?
4. Why is Lev willing to become a suicide bomber for the Clapper cause?
5. Is Risa lucky to be chosen to play piano for new arrivals? Or is she unlucky?
6. Why would anyone choose to sponsor an Unwind from the Graveyard as suggested by the Admiral in chapter 28?
7. As Lev sits in the workout room in chapter 57, how does he see his position as a tithe?
8. How do Lev's feelings toward CyFi change in chapter 29?
9. Roland is Unwound in chapter 61. How does the silence in the room effect the mood of the chapter?
10. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)