|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Risa think Connor is being treated differently?
(a) Roland has set him up.
(b) Because he has information about the Admiral.
(c) So that he will snap and be unwound more quickly.
(d) The guards are afraid of him.
2. What does Connor do when he sees Lev again?
(a) Asks him if he brought CyFi.
(b) Cries like a baby.
(c) Tells him he was wrong about him.
(d) Punches him and then hugs him.
3. Who are the Goldens?
(a) The adults in charge of the camp.
(b) The Admiral's favorite Unwinds.
(c) The doctors who live in the compound.
(d) The Admiral's children.
4. What does Roland offer in exchange for his freedom?
(a) To work fo the juvey-cops as a bounty hunter.
(b) Proof that Risa and Connor are murderers.
(c) Evidence agains the Admiral.
(d) To lead the juvey-cops to the Graveyard.
5. What do the Unwinds call the Admiral's rules?
(a) The 10 Demeanments.
(b) The 10 Commandments.
(c) The 10 Ammendments.
(d) The 10 Demandments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roland demand to see before he is taken away?
2. What is the average stay for an Unwind at the harvest camp?
3. How is Connor treated differently than Roland and Risa when they arrive at the camp?
4. How are jobs determined at the Graveyard?
5. Why does Dalton plan to jump off the roof if he is scheduled to be unwound?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 51 the teens are sent to Happy Jack Harvest Camp. Why is the camps so nice and colorful?
2. Why does Risa think their new home is called the Graveyard when she sees it in chapter 28?
3. Why has Connor chosen to make the Admiral the focus of his anger and resentment?
4. In chapter 35 Lev joins the Clappers, a groups whose only mission is to cause chaos. Does this type of group fit with what the reader now knows about Lev?
5. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
6. Why does the knowledge of Connor's unwinding cause Lev to move up the detonation in chapter 62?
7. What is implied in chapter 30 about the nature of brain bits and Unwinds?
8. How does Lev show that he has matured after Connor punches him in chapter 34?
9. Why would anyone choose to sponsor an Unwind from the Graveyard as suggested by the Admiral in chapter 28?
10. Are Risa and Connor doing the right thing by staying away from each other in chapter 28?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)