|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Connor credit for having helped him change?
(b) His fellow mechanics.
(c) The Admiral.
2. How do the tithes see themselves?
(a) As victims.
(b) As rock stars.
(c) As holy and as part of a miracle.
(d) As bad children.
3. What does Lev leave at the store after he robs it?
(a) His phone number.
(c) A shoe.
(d) The bracelet.
4. What skill does Risa have that impresses the counselor?
(a) She is a logical thinker.
(b) She plays piano.
(c) She is a good dishwasher.
(d) She can give injections.
5. Why are band members kept at the camp for a longer time than others?
(a) Because they are considered of higher value.
(b) Because they can be sold as slaves.
(c) So they can play for incoming Unwinds.
(d) So they can play for the camp workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for work that needs to be done at the Graveyard?
2. Why is Roland scheduled to be unwound immediately?
3. What does Dalton tell Risa about the sight of the Unwinds walking down the "red carpet"?
4. What does Cyrus steal that will give the boys money to travel?
5. How is Connor treated differently than Roland and Risa when they arrive at the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Risa think their new home is called the Graveyard when she sees it in chapter 28?
2. In chapters 33 and 34, Risa and Connor are given work assignments. How might these assignments be a positive thing for them?
3. In chapter 35 Lev joins the Clappers, a groups whose only mission is to cause chaos. Does this type of group fit with what the reader now knows about Lev?
4. Why does the Admiral choose to tell his story to Connor in chapter 34?
5. In chapter 51 the teens are sent to Happy Jack Harvest Camp. Why is the camps so nice and colorful?
6. As Connor arrives at Happy Jack Harvest Camp, in chapter 51, he learns that his reputation has proceeded him. What it his reputation?
7. Are Risa and Connor doing the right thing by staying away from each other in chapter 28?
8. Roland is Unwound in chapter 61. How does the silence in the room effect the mood of the chapter?
9. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
10. In chapter 28 the Unwinds meet the Admiral. Is it significant that he does not go by a name, but by a title?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)