|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assignment does Lev volunteer to do?
(a) Work at the border.
(b) Work on a pipeline in Alaska.
(c) Work in a childrens' hospital.
(d) Work as the Admiral's assistant.
2. What does Connor think when he sees Risa playing piano?
(a) He admires her talent.
(b) He is upset that she is being treated differently.
(c) He wishes he could be on the roof too.
(d) He misses her and wishes he could see her again.
3. What skill does Risa have that impresses the counselor?
(a) She can give injections.
(b) She is a logical thinker.
(c) She is a good dishwasher.
(d) She plays piano.
4. What does the counselor tell Roland about Connor?
(a) Connor is a Clapper.
(b) Connor is also scheduled to be unwound today.
(c) Connor has reported him for fighting.
(d) Connor is being kept alive until he is 18.
5. What does Lev leave at the store after he robs it?
(a) The bracelet.
(c) His phone number.
(d) A shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland offer in exchange for his freedom?
2. Who does Connor meet at the camp?
3. Why is Roland scheduled to be unwound immediately?
4. How long will the Unwinds be in the Graveyard?
5. Who does Connor think he sees when the new Unwinds arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 34, Hayden tells Connor that he is respected because he has integrity. How has Connor shown integrity?
2. What are some possible reasons that the Admiral may wish to run the Graveyard?
3. Why would anyone choose to sponsor an Unwind from the Graveyard as suggested by the Admiral in chapter 28?
4. Why is it important to Connor that Risa not see him being taken to the "Chop Shop"?
5. In chapter 28 the Unwinds meet the Admiral. Is it significant that he does not go by a name, but by a title?
6. In chapters 33 and 34, Risa and Connor are given work assignments. How might these assignments be a positive thing for them?
7. As Lev sits in the workout room in chapter 57, how does he see his position as a tithe?
8. In chapter 51 the teens are sent to Happy Jack Harvest Camp. Why is the camps so nice and colorful?
9. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
10. How do Lev's feelings toward CyFi change in chapter 29?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)