|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the average stay for an Unwind at the harvest camp?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six days.
(d) Twelve days.
2. What name is Connor known by at the camp?
(a) Golden Boy.
(b) The Akron AWOL.
(c) The Troublemaker.
(d) The Terrible.
3. Where are Risa and Connor finally able to meet in private?
(a) At breakfast.
(b) In the girls' bathroom.
(c) At the rooftop piano.
(d) In the VIP quarters.
4. How does Roland behave at the harvest camp?
(a) He rides on Connor's coattails.
(b) He behaves like a scared child.
(c) He acts like a maniac.
(d) He becomes a nice person.
5. What does Lev want the police to tell Tyler?
(a) That he will not be unwound.
(b) That he is dead.
(c) That he will be taken to jail.
(d) That he is dreaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What last name is given to all children who are in the custody of the state?
2. What does Roland offer in exchange for his freedom?
3. Why does Connor become angry with Risa?
4. Why does Emby think that Unwinding is useful?
5. What is the name of the place where the Unwinds are being sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 28 the Unwinds meet the Admiral. Is it significant that he does not go by a name, but by a title?
2. In chapter 35 Lev joins the Clappers, a groups whose only mission is to cause chaos. Does this type of group fit with what the reader now knows about Lev?
3. What is implied in chapter 30 about the nature of brain bits and Unwinds?
4. How does the Admiral finally convince Connor to trust him, and spy for him, as chapter 34 unfolds?
5. Why is it important to Connor that Risa not see him being taken to the "Chop Shop"?
6. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
7. How does Lev show that he has matured after Connor punches him in chapter 34?
8. In chapter 51 the teens are sent to Happy Jack Harvest Camp. Why is the camps so nice and colorful?
9. What evidence does the author give of Lev's changed character during his meeting with the pawnbroker in chapter 26?
10. Why is Lev willing to become a suicide bomber for the Clapper cause?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)