|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the deep conversation the boys have on the plane?
(a) If they will be able to escape.
(b) If there is a heaven.
(c) If there is a god.
(d) If there is a soul.
2. What happens to Risa and Connor the morning after Risa is attacked by Roland?
(a) All of the Unwinds are rounded up next to crates.
(b) Connor and Risa break up for real.
(c) The Fatigues interview people about the incident.
(d) The Unwinds gang up on Connor and Risa.
3. How does Lev convince Blaine that it is time to start their plan?
(a) He says Mai is going to be unwound.
(b) He tells Blaine that the priest knows they are Clappers.
(c) He says the guards know there are Clappers at the camp.
(d) He tells Blaine that he is scheduled for unwinding.
4. Why does Tyler want CyFi to return to his old home?
(a) So that he can apologize to his girlfriend.
(b) So he can steal money from his backyard.
(c) So he can show his parents where he hid stolen loot.
(d) So he can have CyFi unwound.
5. How does the Admiral make money?
(a) By taking apart decommissioned planes.
(b) By harvesting fruit crops.
(c) By selling Unwinds as slaves.
(d) By building houses in the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the counselor tell Roland about Connor?
2. What last name is given to all children who are in the custody of the state?
3. Why is Roland scheduled to be unwound immediately?
4. What plan does Roland try to get Connor involved in?
5. How many days until Lev will be unwound?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are Risa and Connor doing the right thing by staying away from each other in chapter 28?
2. As Connor arrives at Happy Jack Harvest Camp, in chapter 51, he learns that his reputation has proceeded him. What it his reputation?
3. What lesson does Lev leave Joplin with at the end of chapter 31?
4. What are some possible reasons that the Admiral may wish to run the Graveyard?
5. How do Lev's feelings toward CyFi change in chapter 29?
6. Why is Lev willing to become a suicide bomber for the Clapper cause?
7. What does Risa and Connor's meeting in the bathroom in chapter 58 say about the nature of their relationship?
8. In chapter 51 the teens are sent to Happy Jack Harvest Camp. Why is the camps so nice and colorful?
9. What does the counselor's behavior toward Risa show about the opinion people have of Unwinds in chapter 52?
10. As Lev sits in the workout room in chapter 57, how does he see his position as a tithe?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)