|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason the Admiral gives for wanting Connor on his jet?
(a) To make Connor a Golden.
(b) To help plan a work call.
(c) To fix the coffee maker.
(d) To fix the engine.
2. What does Lev discover after talking to the priest?
(a) That god does not approve of unwinding.
(b) That he admires Connor's spirit.
(c) That Roland ran away.
(d) That Connor is scheduled to be unwound.
3. What motivated Emby's aunt to sign his Unwind papers?
(a) She wants his inheritance.
(b) She was talked into it by her boyfriend.
(c) She didn't understand what she was signing.
(d) He wants one of his lungs.
4. Where is Connor assigned to work?
(a) As a Golden.
(b) As a dishwasher.
(c) As a mechanic.
(d) As a maintenance worker.
5. Who does Roland demand to see before he is taken away?
(a) The counselor.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the camp where Risa and Connor are sent?
2. Who is Harlan?
3. What happens to Risa and Connor the morning after Risa is attacked by Roland?
4. Who tends to Connor after he emerges from the "chop shop" after the explosion?
5. Who does Connor think he sees when the new Unwinds arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are Risa and Connor doing the right thing by staying away from each other in chapter 28?
2. Why is Lev willing to become a suicide bomber for the Clapper cause?
3. What lesson does Lev leave Joplin with at the end of chapter 31?
4. What evidence does the author give of Lev's changed character during his meeting with the pawnbroker in chapter 26?
5. How do Lev's feelings toward CyFi change in chapter 29?
6. In chapter 35 Lev joins the Clappers, a groups whose only mission is to cause chaos. Does this type of group fit with what the reader now knows about Lev?
7. How does the Admiral finally convince Connor to trust him, and spy for him, as chapter 34 unfolds?
8. Why does the knowledge of Connor's unwinding cause Lev to move up the detonation in chapter 62?
9. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
10. Roland is Unwound in chapter 61. How does the silence in the room effect the mood of the chapter?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)