|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is Connor known by at the camp?
(a) Golden Boy.
(b) The Troublemaker.
(c) The Akron AWOL.
(d) The Terrible.
2. What is the average stay for an Unwind at the harvest camp?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three weeks.
3. What does Roland just before Connor blacks out during their fight?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He lets go of Connor.
(c) He realizes Connor is his only friend.
(d) He blacks out.
4. How many days until Lev will be unwound?
5. Who does Connor think he sees when the new Unwinds arrive?
(d) The Admiral.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Admiral make money?
2. Who turns Risa and Connor in to the juvey-cops?
3. What is Roland assigned to do as work?
4. How long will the Unwinds be in the Graveyard?
5. How is Connor treated differently than Roland and Risa when they arrive at the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Risa and Connor's meeting in the bathroom in chapter 58 say about the nature of their relationship?
2. Why is it important to Connor that Risa not see him being taken to the "Chop Shop"?
3. What evidence does the author give of Lev's changed character during his meeting with the pawnbroker in chapter 26?
4. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
5. Roland is Unwound in chapter 61. How does the silence in the room effect the mood of the chapter?
6. In chapters 33 and 34, Risa and Connor are given work assignments. How might these assignments be a positive thing for them?
7. Why has Connor chosen to make the Admiral the focus of his anger and resentment?
8. Are Risa and Connor doing the right thing by staying away from each other in chapter 28?
9. Why does the knowledge of Connor's unwinding cause Lev to move up the detonation in chapter 62?
10. Is Risa lucky to be chosen to play piano for new arrivals? Or is she unlucky?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)