|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Risa at the camp?
(a) She has a spiritual awakening.
(b) She is assigned to the "chop shop."
(c) She is taken away with the tithes.
(d) She is assigned to play piano for incoming Unwinds.
2. What does the counselor tell Roland about Connor?
(a) Connor is being kept alive until he is 18.
(b) Connor is a Clapper.
(c) Connor is also scheduled to be unwound today.
(d) Connor has reported him for fighting.
3. Who does Connor meet at the camp?
4. How do the tithes see themselves?
(a) As holy and as part of a miracle.
(b) As bad children.
(c) As rock stars.
(d) As victims.
5. How does the Admiral make money?
(a) By selling Unwinds as slaves.
(b) By taking apart decommissioned planes.
(c) By harvesting fruit crops.
(d) By building houses in the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are tithes treated at the camp?
2. Most of the Unwinds like Roland, but how do they feel about Connor?
3. How does Roland behave at the harvest camp?
4. How long does it take for a person to be Unwound?
5. Who is on the plane when it arrives with new Unwinds?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lev show that he has matured after Connor punches him in chapter 34?
2. In chapter 35 Lev joins the Clappers, a groups whose only mission is to cause chaos. Does this type of group fit with what the reader now knows about Lev?
3. Is Risa lucky to be chosen to play piano for new arrivals? Or is she unlucky?
4. What is implied in chapter 30 about the nature of brain bits and Unwinds?
5. Why has Connor chosen to make the Admiral the focus of his anger and resentment?
6. What are some possible reasons that the Admiral may wish to run the Graveyard?
7. How does the Admiral finally convince Connor to trust him, and spy for him, as chapter 34 unfolds?
8. What does Risa and Connor's meeting in the bathroom in chapter 58 say about the nature of their relationship?
9. In chapter 28 the Unwinds meet the Admiral. Is it significant that he does not go by a name, but by a title?
10. In chapter 34, Hayden tells Connor that he is respected because he has integrity. How has Connor shown integrity?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)