|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assignment does Lev volunteer to do?
(a) Work as the Admiral's assistant.
(b) Work on a pipeline in Alaska.
(c) Work in a childrens' hospital.
(d) Work at the border.
2. What are harvest camps created to resemble?
(a) The Graveyard.
(c) Nice resorts.
(d) Suburban communities.
3. Who are the Goldens?
(a) The adults in charge of the camp.
(b) The Admiral's favorite Unwinds.
(c) The doctors who live in the compound.
(d) The Admiral's children.
4. How do Lev, Mai and Blaine stop Connor's unwinding?
(a) They stage a protest.
(b) They shoot a guard.
(c) They blow up the "chop shop."
(d) They intercept Connor on his way to the "chop shop."
5. What does Roland offer in exchange for his freedom?
(a) To work fo the juvey-cops as a bounty hunter.
(b) To lead the juvey-cops to the Graveyard.
(c) Evidence agains the Admiral.
(d) Proof that Risa and Connor are murderers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days until Lev will be unwound?
2. How does Connor feel about the thought of Lev being unwound?
3. What happens to Risa and Connor the morning after Risa is attacked by Roland?
4. What was the Alaskan pipeline job?
5. What motivated Emby's aunt to sign his Unwind papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Lev's feelings toward CyFi change in chapter 29?
2. Why is it important to Connor that Risa not see him being taken to the "Chop Shop"?
3. Why does Risa think their new home is called the Graveyard when she sees it in chapter 28?
4. Roland is Unwound in chapter 61. How does the silence in the room effect the mood of the chapter?
5. In chapter 35 Lev joins the Clappers, a groups whose only mission is to cause chaos. Does this type of group fit with what the reader now knows about Lev?
6. What evidence does the author give of Lev's changed character during his meeting with the pawnbroker in chapter 26?
7. As Connor arrives at Happy Jack Harvest Camp, in chapter 51, he learns that his reputation has proceeded him. What it his reputation?
8. In chapters 33 and 34, Risa and Connor are given work assignments. How might these assignments be a positive thing for them?
9. How does Lev show that he has matured after Connor punches him in chapter 34?
10. What is implied in chapter 30 about the nature of brain bits and Unwinds?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)