|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the boys in Connor's crate feel about Unwinding?
(a) They all agree that Unwinding is a good thing.
(b) They disagree on the morality of it.
(c) They all agree that Unwinding is wrong.
(d) They think that Connor is too heroic to be Unwound.
2. What happens to Risa and Connor the morning after Risa is attacked by Roland?
(a) Connor and Risa break up for real.
(b) The Unwinds gang up on Connor and Risa.
(c) The Fatigues interview people about the incident.
(d) All of the Unwinds are rounded up next to crates.
3. What does Roland offer in exchange for his freedom?
(a) Proof that Risa and Connor are murderers.
(b) Evidence agains the Admiral.
(c) To lead the juvey-cops to the Graveyard.
(d) To work fo the juvey-cops as a bounty hunter.
4. Most of the Unwinds like Roland, but how do they feel about Connor?
(a) They respect him.
(b) They do not trust him.
(c) They think he is a liar.
(d) They are afraid of him.
5. What does Lev leave at the store after he robs it?
(a) A shoe.
(b) The bracelet.
(d) His phone number.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Risa treated by the counselor who interviews her?
2. Why does Connor try hard not to cause problems?
3. Why is Roland scheduled to be unwound immediately?
4. What last name is given to all children who are in the custody of the state?
5. What is Emby's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Admiral choose to tell his story to Connor in chapter 34?
2. In chapters 33 and 34, Risa and Connor are given work assignments. How might these assignments be a positive thing for them?
3. Why does Risa think their new home is called the Graveyard when she sees it in chapter 28?
4. In chapter 35 Lev joins the Clappers, a groups whose only mission is to cause chaos. Does this type of group fit with what the reader now knows about Lev?
5. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
6. Why has Connor chosen to make the Admiral the focus of his anger and resentment?
7. How do Lev's feelings toward CyFi change in chapter 29?
8. How does Lev show that he has matured after Connor punches him in chapter 34?
9. In chapter 28 the Unwinds meet the Admiral. Is it significant that he does not go by a name, but by a title?
10. What are some possible reasons that the Admiral may wish to run the Graveyard?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)