|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Connor want to be in the same crate as Roland?
(a) He believes Roland will kill him.
(b) He believes he will kill Roland.
(c) He would rather Roland be crated with Risa.
(d) He thinks other Unwinds will gang up on them.
2. What are harvest camps created to resemble?
(a) Nice resorts.
(c) The Graveyard.
(d) Suburban communities.
3. What is the average stay for an Unwind at the harvest camp?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Six days.
(d) Three weeks.
4. What was the Alaskan pipeline job?
(a) A nature conservation project.
(b) Blowing up oil pipelines.
(c) Rounding up escaped Unwinds.
(d) A cover for Clapper activites.
5. What does Roland offer in exchange for his freedom?
(a) Evidence agains the Admiral.
(b) To lead the juvey-cops to the Graveyard.
(c) To work fo the juvey-cops as a bounty hunter.
(d) Proof that Risa and Connor are murderers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Risa think Connor is being treated differently?
2. Who is on the plane when it arrives with new Unwinds?
3. How does Connor feel about the thought of Lev being unwound?
4. Why are the Unwinds told to stay out of the open desert?
5. What skill does Risa have that impresses the counselor?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 56 Connor discovers that there are kids missing from his dorm. Where are they?
2. Roland is Unwound in chapter 61. How does the silence in the room effect the mood of the chapter?
3. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
4. As Lev sits in the workout room in chapter 57, how does he see his position as a tithe?
5. What evidence does the author give of Lev's changed character during his meeting with the pawnbroker in chapter 26?
6. Are Risa and Connor doing the right thing by staying away from each other in chapter 28?
7. In chapter 34, Hayden tells Connor that he is respected because he has integrity. How has Connor shown integrity?
8. What lesson does Lev leave Joplin with at the end of chapter 31?
9. What does Risa and Connor's meeting in the bathroom in chapter 58 say about the nature of their relationship?
10. How does Lev show that he has matured after Connor punches him in chapter 34?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)