|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lev think should happen to Risa and Connor?
(a) They should go back to their homes.
(b) They should be set free.
(c) They should be killed by the juvey-cops.
(d) They should be unwound.
2. What happens to the note that Lev writes to the boy on the bus?
(a) The boy reads it and doesn't believe Lev.
(b) The boy gives it to the authorities.
(c) The boy throws it on the floor, unread.
(d) The boy tells Lev he doesn't care about his problem.
3. Who takes turns keeping watch throughout the night?
(a) Connor and Risa.
(b) Lev and Nelson.
(c) Risa and Lev.
(d) Nelson and Connor.
4. What mistake does Connor make that allows the juvey-cops to find him?
(a) He uses his cell phone.
(b) He leaves his parents a note telling them where he has gone.
(c) He tells his girlfriend where he is.
(d) He takes a ride from someone who turns him in.
5. Who is Risa Ward?
(a) A tithe who is the pride of her family.
(b) An orphaned girl scheduled for unwind.
(c) A juvenile delinquent Connor knows from school.
(d) Connor Lassiter's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the mother feel about leaving her baby on someone's doorstep?
2. Who is the legendary figure the kids talk about in the woods, the figure who went crazy?
3. Why is Risa cradling her arm in the woods?
4. How does Connor feel about Lev?
5. How does Risa feel about Connor taking the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 7, the Unwinds find themselves in the woods for the night. Why is their ability to trust each other imperative?
2. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
3. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
4. What happens in chapter 2 that prompts Risa to run away from the bus?
5. In chapter 21 Lev meets Cyrus Finch, CyFi for short. How is his name a play on words?
6. Why does Risa feel that Connor is in danger from Roland in chapter 22?
7. How will agreeing with Connor and Risa benefit Lev in chapter 6?
8. Is it possible that Hannah's position as a teacher makes her more inclined to help the Unwinds in chapter 16?
9. In chapter 3, how does Levi feel about being offered as a tithe?
10. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)