|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character becomes the leader of the trio?
2. What is Stockholm Syndrome?
(a) Where a kidnapped person identifies with their kidnappers.
(b) Where kidnappers have sympathy for their hostage and let them go.
(c) What Lev calls his escape plan.
(d) Where people are sent to Swedish harvest camps.
3. What will happen to Connor once he arrives at the harvest camp?
(a) He will be kept on "ice" until someone needs a transplant.
(b) He will be sent to a work camp where he will be useful to society.
(c) His vital organs will be donated and he will be killed.
(d) He will be given an opportunity to change his ways.
4. Who brings dinner to the Unwinds on Christmas?
(a) Lev and Cyrus.
(b) Roland and his friends.
(c) The fatigues.
5. Why does Lev confront Cyrus about the way he talks?
(a) Lev thinks Cyrus fakes his speech patterns and accent.
(b) Cyrus talks in a foreign language.
(c) Cyrus uses idioms that are annoying.
(d) Lev thinks Cyrus tries to talke in code.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lev believe is going on when he wakes?
2. How do the brain bits cause problems for Cyrus?
3. What choice does Risa discover she has when the bus she is on crashes?
4. What is it called when a person or family gives 10% of their belongings to the church?
5. What percentage of Risa's school must be scheduled to be unwound?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 24, Risa is almost raped by Roland. What does her anger at Connor tell the reader about her feelings for Connor?
2. What happens in chapter 2 that prompts Risa to run away from the bus?
3. What might the meeting in chapter 4 of Connor, Levi and Risa foreshadow?
4. In chapter 21 Lev meets Cyrus Finch, CyFi for short. How is his name a play on words?
5. Why isn't Risa more supportive when Connor picks up the Storked baby in chapter 11?
6. Is Pastor Dan's advice to Lev in chapter 15 the betrayal that Lev feels it is?
7. What is the significance of it being Christmas Day in chapter 24?
8. In chapter 7, the Unwinds find themselves in the woods for the night. Why is their ability to trust each other imperative?
9. In chapter 5, Officer Nelson goes against his instincts when he agrees to help Risa. How does this hurt him?
10. Why is it so important to Risa that she keep Connor at arm's distance in chapter 8?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)