|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Risa, Connor and Lev begin to bond with each other?
(a) They discuss their childhoods.
(b) They look for food together.
(c) They talk about why they are being sent to be unwound.
(d) They share their feelings of fear and anger.
2. How does Lev feel about pretending to like Risa and Connor?
(a) It makes him feel good.
(b) He is sad that they aren't really friends.
(c) It makes him feel sick.
(d) He is proud of his deception.
3. What happens to the note that Lev writes to the boy on the bus?
(a) The boy reads it and doesn't believe Lev.
(b) The boy tells Lev he doesn't care about his problem.
(c) The boy gives it to the authorities.
(d) The boy throws it on the floor, unread.
4. What is one problem that the brain bits cause for Cyrus?
(d) Hyper mania.
5. Where does Hannah tell Risa and Connor they will find a woman named Sonia?
(a) At a shack in the woods.
(b) In an abandoned mine.
(c) In the school basement.
(d) At an antique shop downtown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cyrus Finch's nickname?
2. What is Risa's theory about Lev's parents?
3. Why does Lev agree to go along with Risa and Connor's plans?
4. Where do the boys sleep for the night as they are walking along the railroad tracks?
5. What condition is Lev in when he wakes up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Risa's actions in the woods, in chapter 5, show the reader about her character?
2. What is the significance of it being Christmas Day in chapter 24?
3. In chapter 3, how does Levi feel about being offered as a tithe?
4. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
5. What happens in chapter 2 that prompts Risa to run away from the bus?
6. Why isn't Risa more supportive when Connor picks up the Storked baby in chapter 11?
7. In chapter 4, why is Lev frightened by Connor when he is pulled out of the car?
8. Explain what CyFi might mean when he says in chapter 21, "I ain't no runaway - I'm a run-to." (Part Three, Chap. 21, p.122)
9. How does Risa's plan to test Lev fail at the end of chapter 8?
10. In chapter 22 Roland arrives at the warehouse. Why does he want to fight Connor so badly?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)