|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nelson feel about AWOL Unwinds?
(a) They are not worthy to live.
(b) They are unfortunate children.
(c) They are misunderstood.
(d) They are heroes.
2. What is Risa's reaction to being told she is destined for a harvest camp?
3. Why does Lev believe that storking and unwinding are ok?
(a) He has known many Unwinds.
(b) They are in the Bible.
(c) His parents told him they were good things.
(d) He does not think they are ok.
4. Who is Risa Ward?
(a) Connor Lassiter's girlfriend.
(b) An orphaned girl scheduled for unwind.
(c) A juvenile delinquent Connor knows from school.
(d) A tithe who is the pride of her family.
5. How does Lev feel about pretending to like Risa and Connor?
(a) It makes him feel sick.
(b) It makes him feel good.
(c) He is sad that they aren't really friends.
(d) He is proud of his deception.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland do while Risa is in the bathroom?
2. Where does Risa go while the other kids are in line for food?
3. What does Lev think should happen to Risa and Connor?
4. What is Risa's theory about Lev's parents?
5. What is the name of Risa's piano teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Risa's plan to test Lev fail at the end of chapter 8?
2. In chapter 20, Hannah tells Risa that she and her husband will raise Didi. How does this scene show how Risa's feelings have changed toward the Storked baby?
3. What is the significance of it being Christmas Day in chapter 24?
4. How does Connor feel when his girlfriend, Ariana, will not run away with him?
5. Why does the Headmaster choose Risa to be sent to the harvest camp in chapter 2?
6. Why would anyone choose to sponsor an Unwind from the Graveyard as suggested by the Admiral in chapter 28?
7. Roland is Unwound in chapter 61. How does the silence in the room effect the mood of the chapter?
8. Why might the tithes be treated better than the rest of the campers at Happy Jack when they arrive in chapter 53?
9. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
10. In chapter 22 Roland arrives at the warehouse. Why does he want to fight Connor so badly?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)