|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality does Cyrus have that annoys Lev?
(a) He doesn't believe in tithes.
(b) He makes bad decisions.
(c) He has brain bits.
(d) He is always explaining himself.
2. Why does Risa think the Unwinds need help?
(a) She does not want to sleep in the woods.
(b) She thinks Connor is a bad leader.
(c) She is certain they are going to starve.
(d) She does not think they can escape on their own.
3. Why does Lev suddenly want to take care of Cyrus?
(a) He feels bad about his problems.
(b) He is afraid Cyrus will die.
(c) He thinks it is his religious duty.
(d) He needs them to keep walking.
4. Why does Lev struggle with Connor after Connor pulls him from the backseat of Pastor Dan's car?
(a) Pastor Dan convinces Lev that Connor is sent from the Devil.
(b) Lev is afraid that Connor murdered the bus driver.
(c) Lev thinks Connor is trying to take him as a hostage.
(d) Lev doesn't want to miss his chance to get to the harvest camp.
5. Why is Risa annoyed with Connor's behavior?
(a) She thinks he is too soft-hearted.
(b) She does not like the way he treats Lev.
(c) She thinks he is too argumentative.
(d) She thinks he is too impulsive.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does unwinding take place?
2. Why is Risa called in the headmaster's office?
3. Which character becomes the leader of the trio?
4. How does Connor feel about Lev?
5. Why does Risa pretend to be Didi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of it being Christmas Day in chapter 24?
2. What effect does Connor, Risa and Lev's sharing of their stories have on the group in chapter 7?
3. What is the significance of Lev's realization that Levi Jedediah Calder no longer exists in chapter 18?
4. What do Risa's actions in the woods, in chapter 5, show the reader about her character?
5. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
6. In chapter 7, the Unwinds find themselves in the woods for the night. Why is their ability to trust each other imperative?
7. Why does Marcus object to Levi being offered by their family as a tithe when he gives his speech in chapter 3?
8. Why does the Headmaster choose Risa to be sent to the harvest camp in chapter 2?
9. In chapter 24, Risa is almost raped by Roland. What does her anger at Connor tell the reader about her feelings for Connor?
10. Is it possible that Hannah's position as a teacher makes her more inclined to help the Unwinds in chapter 16?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)