|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Risa cradling her arm in the woods?
(a) She is trying to trap the juvey-cop.
(b) She is trying to get Lev to trust her.
(c) Her arm is badly broken.
(d) She isn't cradling her arm in the woods.
2. What does it mean for a baby to be "storked"?
(a) The baby is given up.
(b) The baby is unwound.
(c) The baby is given to large birds.
(d) The baby is left alone in the woods.
3. Why does Risa think the Unwinds need help?
(a) She does not want to sleep in the woods.
(b) She does not think they can escape on their own.
(c) She thinks Connor is a bad leader.
(d) She is certain they are going to starve.
4. Who is J.T. Nelson?
(a) A doctor.
(b) Lev's guard.
(c) The bus driver.
(d) A juvey-cop.
5. What reason does Risa give Nelson for being in the woods?
(a) She was confused and just wandered away.
(b) She had planned to meet friends at a certain time.
(c) She ran because she was afraid the bus would explode.
(d) She broker her arm and thought she could find help in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sonia have in her cellar?
2. Why does the trio get onto the school bus?
3. How does the mother feel about leaving her baby on someone's doorstep?
4. Where do the boys sleep for the night as they are walking along the railroad tracks?
5. How does Connor feel about Lev?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lev justify leading the cops to Risa and Connor in chapter 17?
2. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
3. What feelings does Lev's betrayal create in Connor and Risa?
4. How does Risa's plan to test Lev fail at the end of chapter 8?
5. In chapter 3, how does Levi feel about being offered as a tithe?
6. What effect does Connor, Risa and Lev's sharing of their stories have on the group in chapter 7?
7. In chapter 20, Hannah tells Risa that she and her husband will raise Didi. How does this scene show how Risa's feelings have changed toward the Storked baby?
8. What is the significance of it being Christmas Day in chapter 24?
9. What is the significance of Lev's realization that Levi Jedediah Calder no longer exists in chapter 18?
10. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)