|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the brain bits cause problems for Cyrus?
(a) The bits make him violent.
(b) He forgets who and where he is.
(c) He sees and hears things that aren't there.
(d) The Unwind's brain takes over sometimes.
2. How does Cyrus refer to his runaway status?
(a) He says he is on a mission from God.
(b) He refuses to talk about himself.
(c) He calls himself a "run-to".
(d) He is proud to be called a runaway.
3. Why do Risa and Connor argue?
(a) Risa wants to leave Lev in the woods.
(b) Connor thinks they should stop for the night.
(c) Lev is trying to turn them against each other.
(d) To test Lev.
4. Who is Pastor Dan?
(a) A bully in Lev's community who tries to make Lev turn against Marcus.
(b) Lev's advisor and friend.
(c) The person sent from the harvest camp to collect Lev.
(d) The leader of the pro-tithe movement.
5. Why does Lev believe that storking and unwinding are ok?
(a) His parents told him they were good things.
(b) They are in the Bible.
(c) He does not think they are ok.
(d) He has known many Unwinds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cyrus help Lev when they first met at the mall?
2. Who is the legendary figure the kids talk about in the woods, the figure who went crazy?
3. What does Risa think when she sees pieces of trash in the woods?
4. What is Risa's reaction to being told she is destined for a harvest camp?
5. Who brings dinner to the Unwinds on Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Risa's plan to test Lev fail at the end of chapter 8?
2. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
3. In chapter 20, Hannah tells Risa that she and her husband will raise Didi. How does this scene show how Risa's feelings have changed toward the Storked baby?
4. Is it possible that Hannah's position as a teacher makes her more inclined to help the Unwinds in chapter 16?
5. What happens in chapter 2 that prompts Risa to run away from the bus?
6. In chapter 7, the Unwinds find themselves in the woods for the night. Why is their ability to trust each other imperative?
7. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
8. How will agreeing with Connor and Risa benefit Lev in chapter 6?
9. Why does the Headmaster choose Risa to be sent to the harvest camp in chapter 2?
10. In chapter 21 Lev meets Cyrus Finch, CyFi for short. How is his name a play on words?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)