|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Connor and Risa when Lev wakes?
(a) Watching the police on the road.
(b) Scavengering for food.
(c) Sitting by the fire.
(d) Pitching a tent.
2. Who is tied to a tree at the camp?
3. Why does Marcus's speech confuse Lev?
(a) Lev doesn't understand why someone would object to tithing.
(b) Lev feels that his brother is jealous.
(c) Lev isn't confused, he secretly agrees with Marcus.
(d) Marcus seemed to always support the tithe when they discussed it before.
4. What is one problem that the brain bits cause for Cyrus?
(a) Hyper mania.
5. How does the mother feel about leaving her baby on someone's doorstep?
(a) She is afraid for the baby.
(b) She is pleased with herself and her solution.
(c) She is very upset.
(d) She is unemotional about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does unwinding take place?
2. What does Connor take with them onto the bus?
3. Where does Risa go while the other kids are in line for food?
4. Who takes turns keeping watch throughout the night?
5. What is Stockholm Syndrome?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 22 Roland arrives at the warehouse. Why does he want to fight Connor so badly?
2. In chapter 5, Officer Nelson goes against his instincts when he agrees to help Risa. How does this hurt him?
3. Why does Risa feel that Connor is in danger from Roland in chapter 22?
4. How does Risa's plan to test Lev fail at the end of chapter 8?
5. What might have been Roland's motive when he attacked Risa in chapter 24?
6. What do Risa's actions in the woods, in chapter 5, show the reader about her character?
7. What feelings does Lev's betrayal create in Connor and Risa?
8. What happens in chapter 2 that prompts Risa to run away from the bus?
9. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
10. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)