|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Risa called in the headmaster's office?
(a) She is told that they will no longer pay for her piano lessons.
(b) She is told that she will have to live at another school.
(c) She is informed that her piano teacher is scheduled to be unwound.
(d) She is informed that state funding for the school is running out.
2. Who are the Fatigues?
(a) The group of Unwinds in the warehouse.
(b) A military organization.
(c) A gang of Unwinds.
(d) The people who oversee the Unwinds.
3. How does Risa do at her piano recital?
(a) She plays perfectly, with no mistakes.
(b) She plays so poorly that the crowd boos her off stage.
(c) She is taken for unwinding before she has a chance to play.
(d) She plays a hard piece and makes a number of mistakes.
4. Who is Cyrus Finch?
(a) A boy Leb is traveling with.
(b) A juvey-cop.
(c) A teacher from the school.
(d) A boy on the run with Risa and Connor.
5. Where are Connor and Risa when Lev wakes?
(a) Sitting by the fire.
(b) Pitching a tent.
(c) Watching the police on the road.
(d) Scavengering for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it mean for a baby to be "storked"?
2. Who does the trio meet on the bus?
3. Who is Pastor Dan?
4. Who is Roland?
5. What does Sonia have in her cellar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Risa feel that Connor is in danger from Roland in chapter 22?
2. What is the significance of it being Christmas Day in chapter 24?
3. Why isn't Risa more supportive when Connor picks up the Storked baby in chapter 11?
4. In chapter 4, why is Lev frightened by Connor when he is pulled out of the car?
5. Why does the Headmaster choose Risa to be sent to the harvest camp in chapter 2?
6. How does Connor feel when his girlfriend, Ariana, will not run away with him?
7. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
8. What might have been Roland's motive when he attacked Risa in chapter 24?
9. In chapter 3, how does Levi feel about being offered as a tithe?
10. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)