|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Connor Lassiter scheduled to be unwound?
(a) He is an orphan.
(b) He is a tithe.
(c) He is a runaway.
(d) He is a troublemaker.
2. What percentage of Risa's school must be scheduled to be unwound?
3. What does Lev do while the trio are hiding in the school bathroom?
(a) Lev decides to help Risa and Connor escape.
(b) Lev decides to run from Risa and Connor.
(c) Lev pulls the fire alarm.
(d) Lev calls his parents to come and get him.
4. What mistake does Connor make that allows the juvey-cops to find him?
(a) He tells his girlfriend where he is.
(b) He leaves his parents a note telling them where he has gone.
(c) He takes a ride from someone who turns him in.
(d) He uses his cell phone.
5. How did Cyrus help Lev when they first met at the mall?
(a) He showed Lev how to beg in the streets.
(b) He helped Lev steal table scraps.
(c) He showed Lev how to find food at the food court.
(d) He shared his home and food with Lev.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Risa's piano teacher?
2. Who brings dinner to the Unwinds on Christmas?
3. What choice does Risa discover she has when the bus she is on crashes?
4. How does Lev feel about pretending to like Risa and Connor?
5. How does Connor feel about Lev?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 3, how does Levi feel about being offered as a tithe?
2. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
3. In chapter 20, Hannah tells Risa that she and her husband will raise Didi. How does this scene show how Risa's feelings have changed toward the Storked baby?
4. Why does Marcus object to Levi being offered by their family as a tithe when he gives his speech in chapter 3?
5. What is the significance of Lev's realization that Levi Jedediah Calder no longer exists in chapter 18?
6. In chapter 21 Lev meets Cyrus Finch, CyFi for short. How is his name a play on words?
7. In chapter 5, Officer Nelson goes against his instincts when he agrees to help Risa. How does this hurt him?
8. How does Lev justify leading the cops to Risa and Connor in chapter 17?
9. What is the significance of it being Christmas Day in chapter 24?
10. What effect does Connor, Risa and Lev's sharing of their stories have on the group in chapter 7?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)