|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Connor make that allows the juvey-cops to find him?
(a) He tells his girlfriend where he is.
(b) He leaves his parents a note telling them where he has gone.
(c) He uses his cell phone.
(d) He takes a ride from someone who turns him in.
2. Why is Risa called in the headmaster's office?
(a) She is told that they will no longer pay for her piano lessons.
(b) She is informed that state funding for the school is running out.
(c) She is informed that her piano teacher is scheduled to be unwound.
(d) She is told that she will have to live at another school.
3. What does Sonia have in her cellar?
(a) Unwinds who are hiding like Connor, Risa and Lev.
(b) Food and water for the trio to take on the run.
(c) A room full of storked babies like Didi.
(d) A tunnel to escape the city.
4. What does Roland do while Risa is in the bathroom?
(a) He locks her in the room alone.
(b) He confronts Connor.
(c) He takes her place in the food line.
(d) He attacks her.
5. What happens to Risa on the way to the harvest camp?
(a) She realizes that being unwound is her destiny.
(b) She is jumped by a group of girls on the way to the camp.
(c) The bus transporting her is in an accident.
(d) Her piano teacher tries to stop the bus, but is too late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hannah tell Risa and Connor they will find a woman named Sonia?
2. What is one problem that the brain bits cause for Cyrus?
3. Where do the boys sleep for the night as they are walking along the railroad tracks?
4. How do Risa, Connor and Lev begin to bond with each other?
5. What does Lev do while the trio are hiding in the school bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Risa's plan to test Lev fail at the end of chapter 8?
2. How does the Admiral finally convince Connor to trust him, and spy for him, as chapter 34 unfolds?
3. Why does Risa feel that Connor is in danger from Roland in chapter 22?
4. Why would anyone choose to sponsor an Unwind from the Graveyard as suggested by the Admiral in chapter 28?
5. Why is it so important to Risa that she keep Connor at arm's distance in chapter 8?
6. Are Risa and Connor doing the right thing by staying away from each other in chapter 28?
7. Why does Marcus object to Levi being offered by their family as a tithe when he gives his speech in chapter 3?
8. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
9. In chapter 56 Connor discovers that there are kids missing from his dorm. Where are they?
10. Why does the knowledge of Connor's unwinding cause Lev to move up the detonation in chapter 62?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)