|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cyrus refer to his runaway status?
(a) He says he is on a mission from God.
(b) He calls himself a "run-to".
(c) He is proud to be called a runaway.
(d) He refuses to talk about himself.
2. How does Lev give away Connor and Risa's location as they are trying to leave the school?
(a) He rushes over to rejoin them.
(b) He shouts their names out in the crowd.
(c) He points them out to the juvey-cops.
(d) He uses the loud speaker to call them to him.
3. How does Lev feel about being a tithe and his journey to be unwound?
(a) He is proud of his contribution to God and society.
(b) He is angry at his family and is plotting an escape.
(c) He is afraid and does not understand what will happen to him.
(d) He is a depressed young man who looks forward to the harvest camp.
4. Who is Roland?
(a) A bully who wants to challenge Connor.
(b) Risa's new boyfriend who Connor hates.
(c) The leader of the Fatigues.
(d) Connor's new friend at the warehouse.
5. What is one problem that the brain bits cause for Cyrus?
(c) Hyper mania.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cyrus Finch's nickname?
2. What does Lev believe is going on when he wakes?
3. Who are the Fatigues?
4. Who does Hannah find hiding in the science lab during the fire drill?
5. What does Sonia have in her cellar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does Connor, Risa and Lev's sharing of their stories have on the group in chapter 7?
2. How will agreeing with Connor and Risa benefit Lev in chapter 6?
3. In chapter 24, Risa is almost raped by Roland. What does her anger at Connor tell the reader about her feelings for Connor?
4. What happens in chapter 2 that prompts Risa to run away from the bus?
5. Is Pastor Dan's advice to Lev in chapter 15 the betrayal that Lev feels it is?
6. Why does the Headmaster choose Risa to be sent to the harvest camp in chapter 2?
7. In chapter 20, Hannah tells Risa that she and her husband will raise Didi. How does this scene show how Risa's feelings have changed toward the Storked baby?
8. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
9. What is the significance of Lev's realization that Levi Jedediah Calder no longer exists in chapter 18?
10. Why does Marcus object to Levi being offered by their family as a tithe when he gives his speech in chapter 3?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)