Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Risa, Connor and Lev begin to bond with each other?
(a) They discuss their childhoods.
(b) They share their feelings of fear and anger.
(c) They look for food together.
(d) They talk about why they are being sent to be unwound.
2. What is Risa's reaction to being told she is destined for a harvest camp?
3. What is one problem that the brain bits cause for Cyrus?
(b) Hyper mania.
4. How does Connor think he can avoid being sent to the harvest camp?
(a) By behaving better.
(b) By running away.
(c) By getting better grades.
(d) He does not think he can avoid being sent to the harvest camp.
5. Who are the Fatigues?
(a) A military organization.
(b) The group of Unwinds in the warehouse.
(c) The people who oversee the Unwinds.
(d) A gang of Unwinds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the boys sleep for the night as they are walking along the railroad tracks?
2. What will need to happen if the AWOL Unwinds are to make a successful escape?
3. What does Connor think about Risa's plan to test Lev?
4. What happens to Didi as Risa and Connor are leaving Sonia's basement?
5. What reason does Risa give Nelson for being in the woods?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does the author give of Lev's changed character during his meeting with the pawnbroker in chapter 26?
2. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
3. In chapter 28 the Unwinds meet the Admiral. Is it significant that he does not go by a name, but by a title?
4. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
5. In chapter 51 the teens are sent to Happy Jack Harvest Camp. Why is the camps so nice and colorful?
6. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
7. Is Risa lucky to be chosen to play piano for new arrivals? Or is she unlucky?
8. What reason(s) might CyFi have for traveling with Lev?
9. Why is Lev willing to become a suicide bomber for the Clapper cause?
10. As Connor arrives at Happy Jack Harvest Camp, in chapter 51, he learns that his reputation has proceeded him. What it his reputation?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)