|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality does Cyrus have that annoys Lev?
(a) He is always explaining himself.
(b) He doesn't believe in tithes.
(c) He has brain bits.
(d) He makes bad decisions.
2. What is Cyrus Finch's nickname?
3. What is Connor's biggest fear?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Being unloved.
(c) Being popular.
(d) Being unwound.
4. What is the name of Risa's piano teacher?
(a) Mr. Ross.
(b) Mr. Durkin.
(c) Mr. Lassiter
(d) Mrs. Headmistress.
5. Why is Risa called in the headmaster's office?
(a) She is informed that state funding for the school is running out.
(b) She is told that they will no longer pay for her piano lessons.
(c) She is informed that her piano teacher is scheduled to be unwound.
(d) She is told that she will have to live at another school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lev believe that storking and unwinding are ok?
2. What does Roland do while Risa is in the bathroom?
3. What is Risa's reaction to being told she is destined for a harvest camp?
4. What percentage of Risa's school must be scheduled to be unwound?
5. Which character has street smarts and a cool head?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what CyFi might mean when he says in chapter 21, "I ain't no runaway - I'm a run-to." (Part Three, Chap. 21, p.122)
2. What might have been Roland's motive when he attacked Risa in chapter 24?
3. Why have Connor's parents signed forms for him to be sent to a harvest camp in chapter 1?
4. In chapter 20, Hannah tells Risa that she and her husband will raise Didi. How does this scene show how Risa's feelings have changed toward the Storked baby?
5. Why does Risa feel that Connor is in danger from Roland in chapter 22?
6. What feelings does Lev's betrayal create in Connor and Risa?
7. What happens in chapter 2 that prompts Risa to run away from the bus?
8. What effect does Connor, Risa and Lev's sharing of their stories have on the group in chapter 7?
9. What is the significance of it being Christmas Day in chapter 24?
10. How does Connor feel when his girlfriend, Ariana, will not run away with him?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)