|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Risa called in the headmaster's office?
(a) She is told that she will have to live at another school.
(b) She is informed that state funding for the school is running out.
(c) She is informed that her piano teacher is scheduled to be unwound.
(d) She is told that they will no longer pay for her piano lessons.
2. How does Risa feel about Connor taking the baby?
(a) She doesn't know why he cares.
(b) She doesn't care if he helps the baby or not.
(c) She is proud of him.
(d) She is angry and frustrated.
3. How does Connor feel about the storked baby?
(a) He is upset that the baby will die.
(b) He wishes he had been storked.
(c) He admires the mother who storked the baby.
(d) He thinks the storked baby is a drain on society.
4. What does Connor think about Risa's plan to test Lev?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) He feels she is crazy and Lev does not need to be tested.
(c) He is angry because he thinks she is trying to take over leadership.
(d) He understands her motives and agrees with her.
5. What does it mean for a baby to be "storked"?
(a) The baby is given to large birds.
(b) The baby is left alone in the woods.
(c) The baby is unwound.
(d) The baby is given up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lev do while the trio are hiding in the school bathroom?
2. What are brain bits?
3. Which character has street smarts and a cool head?
4. What is the name of Risa's piano teacher?
5. Why does Risa pretend to be Didi?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 22 Roland arrives at the warehouse. Why does he want to fight Connor so badly?
2. How does Lev justify leading the cops to Risa and Connor in chapter 17?
3. What feelings does Lev's betrayal create in Connor and Risa?
4. Explain what CyFi might mean when he says in chapter 21, "I ain't no runaway - I'm a run-to." (Part Three, Chap. 21, p.122)
5. How does Connor feel when his girlfriend, Ariana, will not run away with him?
6. Why isn't Risa more supportive when Connor picks up the Storked baby in chapter 11?
7. In chapter 5, Officer Nelson goes against his instincts when he agrees to help Risa. How does this hurt him?
8. In chapter 4, why is Lev frightened by Connor when he is pulled out of the car?
9. Why does the Headmaster choose Risa to be sent to the harvest camp in chapter 2?
10. Is it possible that Hannah's position as a teacher makes her more inclined to help the Unwinds in chapter 16?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)