|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cyrus help Lev when they first met at the mall?
(a) He showed Lev how to find food at the food court.
(b) He helped Lev steal table scraps.
(c) He showed Lev how to beg in the streets.
(d) He shared his home and food with Lev.
2. Who is Levi Jedediah Calder?
(a) Another passenger on the bus with Risa.
(b) A delinquent who is being sacrificed to apease God.
(c) A 13 year old boy who was born to be a tithe.
(d) The older brother of a tithe who is upset by the practice.
3. Why are Connor, Lev and Risa surprised when they read the newspaper?
(a) There is no mention of their escape.
(b) That Lev has leaked information about their whereabouts.
(c) The trio is on the most wanted fugitive list.
(d) Their escape is all over the papers.
4. What is Risa's reaction to being told she is destined for a harvest camp?
5. What happens to Risa on the way to the harvest camp?
(a) Her piano teacher tries to stop the bus, but is too late.
(b) The bus transporting her is in an accident.
(c) She realizes that being unwound is her destiny.
(d) She is jumped by a group of girls on the way to the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lev confront Cyrus about the way he talks?
2. What is Lev's first impression of Cyrus?
3. Why does Marcus's speech confuse Lev?
4. What does it mean for a baby to be "storked"?
5. What does Risa decide to treat Lev and Connor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcus object to Levi being offered by their family as a tithe when he gives his speech in chapter 3?
2. Why does the Headmaster choose Risa to be sent to the harvest camp in chapter 2?
3. What happens in chapter 2 that prompts Risa to run away from the bus?
4. What feelings does Lev's betrayal create in Connor and Risa?
5. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
6. What is the significance of Lev's realization that Levi Jedediah Calder no longer exists in chapter 18?
7. How does Connor feel when his girlfriend, Ariana, will not run away with him?
8. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
9. Explain what CyFi might mean when he says in chapter 21, "I ain't no runaway - I'm a run-to." (Part Three, Chap. 21, p.122)
10. What do Risa's actions in the woods, in chapter 5, show the reader about her character?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)