|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to Connor once he arrives at the harvest camp?
(a) He will be sent to a work camp where he will be useful to society.
(b) He will be kept on "ice" until someone needs a transplant.
(c) His vital organs will be donated and he will be killed.
(d) He will be given an opportunity to change his ways.
2. What does Lev believe is going on when he wakes?
(a) He thinks Connor has murdered a juvey-cop.
(b) He thinks Connor is holding him hostage.
(c) He thinks Risa killed the bus driver.
(d) He thinks Risa is being held hostage.
3. What does Lev think should happen to Risa and Connor?
(a) They should be killed by the juvey-cops.
(b) They should be set free.
(c) They should be unwound.
(d) They should go back to their homes.
4. What does Roland do while Risa is in the bathroom?
(a) He attacks her.
(b) He takes her place in the food line.
(c) He locks her in the room alone.
(d) He confronts Connor.
5. Why do Risa and Connor argue?
(a) To test Lev.
(b) Risa wants to leave Lev in the woods.
(c) Connor thinks they should stop for the night.
(d) Lev is trying to turn them against each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Risa feel about Connor taking the baby?
2. Who is the legendary figure the kids talk about in the woods, the figure who went crazy?
3. What is Stockholm Syndrome?
4. What is Cyrus Finch's nickname?
5. Why does Lev suddenly want to take care of Cyrus?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 7, the Unwinds find themselves in the woods for the night. Why is their ability to trust each other imperative?
2. Is it possible that Hannah's position as a teacher makes her more inclined to help the Unwinds in chapter 16?
3. Why is it so important to Risa that she keep Connor at arm's distance in chapter 8?
4. What effect does Connor, Risa and Lev's sharing of their stories have on the group in chapter 7?
5. What is the significance of it being Christmas Day in chapter 24?
6. What is the significance of Lev's realization that Levi Jedediah Calder no longer exists in chapter 18?
7. In chapter 22 Roland arrives at the warehouse. Why does he want to fight Connor so badly?
8. In chapter 4, why is Lev frightened by Connor when he is pulled out of the car?
9. How does Connor feel when his girlfriend, Ariana, will not run away with him?
10. In chapter 3, how does Levi feel about being offered as a tithe?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)