|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pastor Dan?
(a) The person sent from the harvest camp to collect Lev.
(b) Lev's advisor and friend.
(c) A bully in Lev's community who tries to make Lev turn against Marcus.
(d) The leader of the pro-tithe movement.
2. What does it mean for a baby to be "storked"?
(a) The baby is given to large birds.
(b) The baby is unwound.
(c) The baby is given up.
(d) The baby is left alone in the woods.
3. What does Risa decide to treat Lev and Connor?
(a) She wants to keep them at arms length.
(b) She wants to use them and leave them in the woods.
(c) She wants to make them her good friends.
(d) She wants to make sure they hate each other.
4. What does Sonia have in her cellar?
(a) A room full of storked babies like Didi.
(b) Unwinds who are hiding like Connor, Risa and Lev.
(c) A tunnel to escape the city.
(d) Food and water for the trio to take on the run.
5. What does Connor think about Risa's plan to test Lev?
(a) He does not like it.
(b) He understands her motives and agrees with her.
(c) He feels she is crazy and Lev does not need to be tested.
(d) He is angry because he thinks she is trying to take over leadership.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Risa feel when Connor does not fight Roland?
2. Where does Hannah tell Risa and Connor they will find a woman named Sonia?
3. What reason does Risa give Nelson for being in the woods?
4. Why are Connor, Lev and Risa surprised when they read the newspaper?
5. How does Nelson feel about AWOL Unwinds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of it being Christmas Day in chapter 24?
2. In chapter 7, the Unwinds find themselves in the woods for the night. Why is their ability to trust each other imperative?
3. What do Risa's actions in the woods, in chapter 5, show the reader about her character?
4. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
5. Explain what CyFi might mean when he says in chapter 21, "I ain't no runaway - I'm a run-to." (Part Three, Chap. 21, p.122)
6. What is the significance of Lev's realization that Levi Jedediah Calder no longer exists in chapter 18?
7. What might the meeting in chapter 4 of Connor, Levi and Risa foreshadow?
8. In chapter 5, Officer Nelson goes against his instincts when he agrees to help Risa. How does this hurt him?
9. In chapter 4, why is Lev frightened by Connor when he is pulled out of the car?
10. Why does Marcus object to Levi being offered by their family as a tithe when he gives his speech in chapter 3?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)