|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Risa think the Unwinds need help?
(a) She is certain they are going to starve.
(b) She does not think they can escape on their own.
(c) She does not want to sleep in the woods.
(d) She thinks Connor is a bad leader.
2. How does Connor feel about the storked baby?
(a) He thinks the storked baby is a drain on society.
(b) He admires the mother who storked the baby.
(c) He is upset that the baby will die.
(d) He wishes he had been storked.
3. Which character becomes the leader of the trio?
4. Who is Roland?
(a) The leader of the Fatigues.
(b) A bully who wants to challenge Connor.
(c) Connor's new friend at the warehouse.
(d) Risa's new boyfriend who Connor hates.
5. What does Sonia have in her cellar?
(a) Unwinds who are hiding like Connor, Risa and Lev.
(b) A tunnel to escape the city.
(c) A room full of storked babies like Didi.
(d) Food and water for the trio to take on the run.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Risa think when she sees pieces of trash in the woods?
2. What happens to the note that Lev writes to the boy on the bus?
3. What is Cyrus Finch's nickname?
4. Who is Cyrus Finch?
5. How does Connor think he can avoid being sent to the harvest camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does Connor, Risa and Lev's sharing of their stories have on the group in chapter 7?
2. How does Connor feel when his girlfriend, Ariana, will not run away with him?
3. In chapter 21 Lev meets Cyrus Finch, CyFi for short. How is his name a play on words?
4. In chapter 5, Officer Nelson goes against his instincts when he agrees to help Risa. How does this hurt him?
5. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
6. How does Risa's plan to test Lev fail at the end of chapter 8?
7. What do Risa's actions in the woods, in chapter 5, show the reader about her character?
8. How does Lev justify leading the cops to Risa and Connor in chapter 17?
9. What happens in chapter 2 that prompts Risa to run away from the bus?
10. In chapter 24, Risa is almost raped by Roland. What does her anger at Connor tell the reader about her feelings for Connor?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)