|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Pastor Dan?
(a) The leader of the pro-tithe movement.
(b) Lev's advisor and friend.
(c) The person sent from the harvest camp to collect Lev.
(d) A bully in Lev's community who tries to make Lev turn against Marcus.
2. How does Connor feel about Lev?
(a) That he is young and can't be trusted.
(b) That he is very street smart.
(c) That he is like a younger brother.
(d) That he is brave.
3. What happens to the note that Lev writes to the boy on the bus?
(a) The boy throws it on the floor, unread.
(b) The boy reads it and doesn't believe Lev.
(c) The boy gives it to the authorities.
(d) The boy tells Lev he doesn't care about his problem.
4. How did Cyrus help Lev when they first met at the mall?
(a) He showed Lev how to find food at the food court.
(b) He shared his home and food with Lev.
(c) He helped Lev steal table scraps.
(d) He showed Lev how to beg in the streets.
5. Why does the trio get onto the school bus?
(a) They are afraid of being caught by the police.
(b) They think they will blend in with the school kids.
(c) They are tired of walking and need a rest.
(d) They need a ride and the bus is free.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Risa on the way to the harvest camp?
2. Why does Lev agree to go along with Risa and Connor's plans?
3. How do Risa, Connor and Lev begin to bond with each other?
4. What is the name of Risa's piano teacher?
5. What does Connor take with them onto the bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Risa's plan to test Lev fail at the end of chapter 8?
2. Why does Risa feel that Connor is in danger from Roland in chapter 22?
3. Is it possible that Hannah's position as a teacher makes her more inclined to help the Unwinds in chapter 16?
4. What happens in chapter 2 that prompts Risa to run away from the bus?
5. What is the significance of Lev's realization that Levi Jedediah Calder no longer exists in chapter 18?
6. How does Connor feel when his girlfriend, Ariana, will not run away with him?
7. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
8. How does Lev justify leading the cops to Risa and Connor in chapter 17?
9. In chapter 7, the Unwinds find themselves in the woods for the night. Why is their ability to trust each other imperative?
10. Why isn't Risa more supportive when Connor picks up the Storked baby in chapter 11?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)