|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Risa go while the other kids are in line for food?
(a) Outside for fresh air.
(b) To the bathroom.
(c) Back to her bunk.
(d) To confront Roland.
2. What condition is Lev in when he wakes up?
(a) He is relieved he is safe and feels good.
(b) He is clear headed and nervous.
(c) His shoulder hurts and his thinking is muddled.
(d) He is tired and goes back to sleep.
3. What does Connor take with them onto the bus?
(a) A baby.
(b) A woman's wallet.
(c) A hostage.
(d) More Unwinds.
4. How does Lev give away Connor and Risa's location as they are trying to leave the school?
(a) He rushes over to rejoin them.
(b) He points them out to the juvey-cops.
(c) He shouts their names out in the crowd.
(d) He uses the loud speaker to call them to him.
5. Who is Pastor Dan?
(a) The leader of the pro-tithe movement.
(b) Lev's advisor and friend.
(c) A bully in Lev's community who tries to make Lev turn against Marcus.
(d) The person sent from the harvest camp to collect Lev.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Risa's theory about Lev's parents?
2. How does Nelson feel about AWOL Unwinds?
3. What is Stockholm Syndrome?
4. Who is tied to a tree at the camp?
5. Why is Connor Lassiter scheduled to be unwound?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcus object to Levi being offered by their family as a tithe when he gives his speech in chapter 3?
2. Why is it so difficult for Lev to believe that Risa and Connor are trying to help him in chapter 6?
3. Why is it so important to Risa that she keep Connor at arm's distance in chapter 8?
4. What feelings does Lev's betrayal create in Connor and Risa?
5. What might have been Roland's motive when he attacked Risa in chapter 24?
6. What happens in chapter 2 that prompts Risa to run away from the bus?
7. What is the significance of Lev's realization that Levi Jedediah Calder no longer exists in chapter 18?
8. In chapter 10, Risa devises a plan to get them all a change of clothing. How does this show she considers them a team?
9. What is the significance of it being Christmas Day in chapter 24?
10. In chapter 4, why is Lev frightened by Connor when he is pulled out of the car?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)