|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Connor think he sees when the new Unwinds arrive?
(d) The Admiral.
2. Who does Roland demand to see before he is taken away?
(c) The counselor.
(d) A priest.
3. What does Risa wish when she sees Roland?
(a) That they had been crated together.
(b) That she had suffocated in the crate.
(c) That Connor was there to kill him.
(d) That he had died in the crate.
4. What does Roland just before Connor blacks out during their fight?
(a) He blacks out.
(b) He lets go of Connor.
(c) He realizes Connor is his only friend.
(d) He begins to cry.
5. What is the topic of the deep conversation the boys have on the plane?
(a) If there is a soul.
(b) If there is a heaven.
(c) If they will be able to escape.
(d) If there is a god.
6. Why are band members kept at the camp for a longer time than others?
(a) So they can play for incoming Unwinds.
(b) So they can play for the camp workers.
(c) Because they can be sold as slaves.
(d) Because they are considered of higher value.
7. How does Risa characterize the "new" Lev?
(a) As dismissive.
(b) As cold and hard.
(c) As religious.
(d) As friendly and trusting.
8. Who turns Risa and Connor in to the juvey-cops?
(a) The Admiral.
9. How long will the Unwinds be in the Graveyard?
(a) For the rest of their lives.
(b) Until they are 18 or find a sponsor.
(c) Until they are able to pay for their freedom.
(d) For one year until they move to a new location.
10. Why does Risa think Connor is being treated differently?
(a) Because he has information about the Admiral.
(b) So that he will snap and be unwound more quickly.
(c) The guards are afraid of him.
(d) Roland has set him up.
11. What name is Connor known by at the camp?
(a) Golden Boy.
(b) The Akron AWOL.
(c) The Troublemaker.
(d) The Terrible.
12. How do the boys in Connor's crate feel about Unwinding?
(a) They all agree that Unwinding is wrong.
(b) They disagree on the morality of it.
(c) They think that Connor is too heroic to be Unwound.
(d) They all agree that Unwinding is a good thing.
13. What does Lev leave at the store after he robs it?
(a) The bracelet.
(b) A shoe.
(d) His phone number.
14. Why are the Unwinds told to stay out of the open desert?
(a) So planes and satellites can't see them.
(b) So they can always be found in five minutes.
(c) So they do not get heat stroke.
(d) So they do not try to escape.
15. Where are Risa and Connor finally able to meet in private?
(a) At breakfast.
(b) In the VIP quarters.
(c) At the rooftop piano.
(d) In the girls' bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are jobs determined at the Graveyard?
2. How are tithes and "terribles" treated at the camp?
3. How does the Admiral make money?
4. Who is Harlan?
5. Why does Tyler want CyFi to return to his old home?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)