|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Connor have a difficult time traveling in the crate?
(a) There is not enough air in the crate.
(b) He was put in a crate by his parents.
(c) He is afraid to become friends with new people.
(d) He can't stand confined spaces.
2. What does Lev leave at the store after he robs it?
(a) His phone number.
(c) A shoe.
(d) The bracelet.
3. Why are the Unwinds told to stay out of the open desert?
(a) So they can always be found in five minutes.
(b) So planes and satellites can't see them.
(c) So they do not try to escape.
(d) So they do not get heat stroke.
4. What is Emby's nickname?
(b) The Henchman.
(c) Mouth Breather.
(d) Fish Boy.
5. What happens to Risa at the camp?
(a) She is assigned to play piano for incoming Unwinds.
(b) She is assigned to the "chop shop."
(c) She is taken away with the tithes.
(d) She has a spiritual awakening.
6. How much money does Lev talk the pawnbroker into giving him for the bracelet?
7. What do the Unwinds call the Admiral's rules?
(a) The 10 Commandments.
(b) The 10 Demandments.
(c) The 10 Ammendments.
(d) The 10 Demeanments.
8. Most of the Unwinds like Roland, but how do they feel about Connor?
(a) They are afraid of him.
(b) They respect him.
(c) They do not trust him.
(d) They think he is a liar.
9. How do the boys in Connor's crate feel about Unwinding?
(a) They disagree on the morality of it.
(b) They all agree that Unwinding is wrong.
(c) They think that Connor is too heroic to be Unwound.
(d) They all agree that Unwinding is a good thing.
10. What name is Connor known by at the camp?
(a) The Terrible.
(b) The Akron AWOL.
(c) The Troublemaker.
(d) Golden Boy.
11. What was the Alaskan pipeline job?
(a) A cover for Clapper activites.
(b) Rounding up escaped Unwinds.
(c) A nature conservation project.
(d) Blowing up oil pipelines.
12. Why do the Unwinds look forward to "work calls"?
(a) They will get extra pay.
(b) It is a way to meet other Unwinds.
(c) It is a chance to go out into the world.
(d) They will get to camp in the desert.
13. How does Connor feel about the thought of Lev being unwound?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He feels Lev deserves it.
(c) He is devistated.
(d) He is numb.
14. Who does Roland blame for his incarceration at the harvest camp?
(d) The Admiral.
15. Why does Lev run when the police are dealing with Tyler and CyFi?
(a) Because he doesn't want to be accused of stealing.
(b) He would rather be with Risa and Connor.
(c) Because they will be distracted and he can get away.
(d) He doesn't want to be stuck in Joplin with CyFi's fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dalton plan to jump off the roof if he is scheduled to be unwound?
2. Where are Risa and Connor finally able to meet in private?
3. What plan does Roland try to get Connor involved in?
4. Where is Connor assigned to work?
5. Who is Harlan?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)