|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lev leave at the store after he robs it?
(a) The bracelet.
(c) His phone number.
(d) A shoe.
2. Where is Risa assigned to work after she helps a boy with his nosebleed?
(a) The babysitting area.
(c) The medic area.
(d) The dishroom.
3. What does Lev want the police to tell Tyler?
(a) That he will be taken to jail.
(b) That he will not be unwound.
(c) That he is dead.
(d) That he is dreaming.
4. Who does Connor think he sees when the new Unwinds arrive?
(b) The Admiral.
5. Why do the Unwinds look forward to "work calls"?
(a) They will get extra pay.
(b) They will get to camp in the desert.
(c) It is a chance to go out into the world.
(d) It is a way to meet other Unwinds.
6. What skill does Risa have that impresses the counselor?
(a) She plays piano.
(b) She can give injections.
(c) She is a good dishwasher.
(d) She is a logical thinker.
7. How does Risa characterize the "new" Lev?
(a) As dismissive.
(b) As friendly and trusting.
(c) As cold and hard.
(d) As religious.
8. Why does Connor become angry with Risa?
(a) She works long hours and has no time for him.
(b) She is dating Roland.
(c) She is planning to run away.
(d) She accepts good and supplies from Roland.
9. How many people are rumored to have died in the crates during the journey?
10. How does Lev convince Blaine that it is time to start their plan?
(a) He tells Blaine that the priest knows they are Clappers.
(b) He says the guards know there are Clappers at the camp.
(c) He says Mai is going to be unwound.
(d) He tells Blaine that he is scheduled for unwinding.
11. What last name is given to all children who are in the custody of the state?
12. How do Lev, Mai and Blaine stop Connor's unwinding?
(a) They shoot a guard.
(b) They blow up the "chop shop."
(c) They stage a protest.
(d) They intercept Connor on his way to the "chop shop."
13. How long will the Unwinds be in the Graveyard?
(a) Until they are able to pay for their freedom.
(b) Until they are 18 or find a sponsor.
(c) For the rest of their lives.
(d) For one year until they move to a new location.
14. Who does Connor meet at the camp?
15. Why does Connor have a difficult time traveling in the crate?
(a) He is afraid to become friends with new people.
(b) He can't stand confined spaces.
(c) There is not enough air in the crate.
(d) He was put in a crate by his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roland behave at the harvest camp?
2. Why does Lev run when the police are dealing with Tyler and CyFi?
3. What does Connor think when he sees Risa playing piano?
4. Why does Risa feel she cannot find Connor once they are out of the crates?
5. What do the Unwinds call the Admiral's rules?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)