|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the average stay for an Unwind at the harvest camp?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six days.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) Three weeks.
2. Why are band members kept at the camp for a longer time than others?
(a) So they can play for the camp workers.
(b) Because they are considered of higher value.
(c) So they can play for incoming Unwinds.
(d) Because they can be sold as slaves.
3. How are Risa and her friend Tina similar?
(a) They were both musicians at the same school.
(b) They have the same hair color.
(c) They are being Unwound because of budget cuts.
(d) They were both harassed by Roland.
4. Why are the Unwinds told to stay out of the open desert?
(a) So they do not try to escape.
(b) So planes and satellites can't see them.
(c) So they do not get heat stroke.
(d) So they can always be found in five minutes.
5. What is the reason the Admiral gives for wanting Connor on his jet?
(a) To fix the coffee maker.
(b) To make Connor a Golden.
(c) To help plan a work call.
(d) To fix the engine.
6. How much money does Lev talk the pawnbroker into giving him for the bracelet?
7. What plan does Roland try to get Connor involved in?
(a) A revolt against the Admiral.
(b) A plot to steal an airplane.
(c) A kidnapping.
(d) Hijacking a bus.
8. What does Lev want the police to tell Tyler?
(a) That he is dead.
(b) That he will not be unwound.
(c) That he will be taken to jail.
(d) That he is dreaming.
9. Who tends to Connor after he emerges from the "chop shop" after the explosion?
(a) The priest.
10. What does Dalton tell Risa about the sight of the Unwinds walking down the "red carpet"?
(a) He tells her to ignore them.
(b) He tells her he is planning to save them.
(c) He tells her she will get used to it.
(d) He tells her to be happy she is saved.
11. Why does Dalton plan to jump off the roof if he is scheduled to be unwound?
(a) So that he can cause a riot.
(b) Because he would rather kill himself then go to the "chop shop."
(c) Because he cannot be unwound until he is healed.
(d) So that he can make a political point.
12. What assignment does Lev volunteer to do?
(a) Work in a childrens' hospital.
(b) Work as the Admiral's assistant.
(c) Work at the border.
(d) Work on a pipeline in Alaska.
13. What skill does Risa have that impresses the counselor?
(a) She plays piano.
(b) She is a good dishwasher.
(c) She can give injections.
(d) She is a logical thinker.
14. What happens to Risa and Connor the morning after Risa is attacked by Roland?
(a) All of the Unwinds are rounded up next to crates.
(b) The Fatigues interview people about the incident.
(c) Connor and Risa break up for real.
(d) The Unwinds gang up on Connor and Risa.
15. What is the name of CyFi's alter ego?
(b) Brain Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lev leave at the store after he robs it?
2. What does Roland just before Connor blacks out during their fight?
3. Why does Emby think that Unwinding is useful?
4. What is the topic of the deep conversation the boys have on the plane?
5. Where is Risa assigned to work after she helps a boy with his nosebleed?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)