|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happens to Roland?
(a) He is unwound.
(b) It is unknown.
(c) He jumps off the music roof.
(d) He escapes.
2. Where is Risa assigned to work after she helps a boy with his nosebleed?
(a) The dishroom.
(c) The babysitting area.
(d) The medic area.
3. Who does Roland demand to see before he is taken away?
(a) The counselor.
(c) A priest.
4. How do Lev, Mai and Blaine stop Connor's unwinding?
(a) They stage a protest.
(b) They shoot a guard.
(c) They blow up the "chop shop."
(d) They intercept Connor on his way to the "chop shop."
5. What assignment does Lev volunteer to do?
(a) Work as the Admiral's assistant.
(b) Work in a childrens' hospital.
(c) Work at the border.
(d) Work on a pipeline in Alaska.
6. How do the tithes see themselves?
(a) As rock stars.
(b) As victims.
(c) As bad children.
(d) As holy and as part of a miracle.
7. Who is responsible for work that needs to be done at the Graveyard?
(a) The Goldens.
(b) The Unwinds.
(c) The Admiral.
(d) The older children.
8. What group to Lev, Mai and Blaine belong to?
(a) The VIPs.
(b) The Clappers.
(c) The Detonators.
(d) The Terribles.
9. How much money does Lev talk the pawnbroker into giving him for the bracelet?
10. Why does Connor try hard not to cause problems?
(a) He doesn't want Risa to see him go to the "chop shop."
(b) He is convinced he can find a way to escape.
(c) He is terrified of being unwound.
(d) He is trying to be a better person so they will keep him until he is 18.
11. What is the average stay for an Unwind at the harvest camp?
(a) Six days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Twelve days.
12. Why does Connor become angry with Risa?
(a) She is dating Roland.
(b) She accepts good and supplies from Roland.
(c) She is planning to run away.
(d) She works long hours and has no time for him.
13. Who does Connor meet at the camp?
14. What does the counselor tell Roland about Connor?
(a) Connor is being kept alive until he is 18.
(b) Connor has reported him for fighting.
(c) Connor is also scheduled to be unwound today.
(d) Connor is a Clapper.
15. How does the Admiral make money?
(a) By building houses in the desert.
(b) By harvesting fruit crops.
(c) By taking apart decommissioned planes.
(d) By selling Unwinds as slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are tithes and "terribles" treated at the camp?
2. Why does Lev run when the police are dealing with Tyler and CyFi?
3. Where are Risa and Connor when they get caught by the juvey-cops?
4. What does Connor think when he sees Risa playing piano?
5. Why does Risa think Connor is being treated differently?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)