|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Unwinds call the Admiral's rules?
(a) The 10 Demandments.
(b) The 10 Demeanments.
(c) The 10 Commandments.
(d) The 10 Ammendments.
2. What does Connor think when he sees Risa playing piano?
(a) He is upset that she is being treated differently.
(b) He admires her talent.
(c) He wishes he could be on the roof too.
(d) He misses her and wishes he could see her again.
3. Who tends to Connor after he emerges from the "chop shop" after the explosion?
(b) The priest.
4. What does Lev discover after talking to the priest?
(a) That Connor is scheduled to be unwound.
(b) That Roland ran away.
(c) That god does not approve of unwinding.
(d) That he admires Connor's spirit.
5. How are tithes treated at the camp?
(a) Like VIPs.
(b) Like they are invisible.
(c) Like delinquents.
(d) Like they are unintelligent.
6. Why does Lev run when the police are dealing with Tyler and CyFi?
(a) He doesn't want to be stuck in Joplin with CyFi's fathers.
(b) Because they will be distracted and he can get away.
(c) Because he doesn't want to be accused of stealing.
(d) He would rather be with Risa and Connor.
7. What skill does Risa have that impresses the counselor?
(a) She plays piano.
(b) She is a logical thinker.
(c) She is a good dishwasher.
(d) She can give injections.
8. Who does Connor credit for having helped him change?
(c) The Admiral.
(d) His fellow mechanics.
9. How is Connor treated differently than Roland and Risa when they arrive at the camp?
(a) He is immediately sent to work.
(b) He is taken alone, surrounded by guards.
(c) He is kept in a barbed wire holding pen.
(d) He is asked to play music when others arrive.
10. What does Roland just before Connor blacks out during their fight?
(a) He lets go of Connor.
(b) He blacks out.
(c) He realizes Connor is his only friend.
(d) He begins to cry.
11. Why does Connor have a difficult time traveling in the crate?
(a) There is not enough air in the crate.
(b) He was put in a crate by his parents.
(c) He is afraid to become friends with new people.
(d) He can't stand confined spaces.
12. What was the Alaskan pipeline job?
(a) Rounding up escaped Unwinds.
(b) A nature conservation project.
(c) A cover for Clapper activites.
(d) Blowing up oil pipelines.
13. What does Connor do when he sees Lev again?
(a) Cries like a baby.
(b) Tells him he was wrong about him.
(c) Punches him and then hugs him.
(d) Asks him if he brought CyFi.
14. Where are Risa and Connor when they get caught by the juvey-cops?
(a) Inside the Admiral's airplane.
(b) In Alaska.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) On the run in Arizona.
15. How long will the Unwinds be in the Graveyard?
(a) Until they are able to pay for their freedom.
(b) Until they are 18 or find a sponsor.
(c) For the rest of their lives.
(d) For one year until they move to a new location.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the camp where Risa and Connor are sent?
2. How does Roland behave at the harvest camp?
3. Most of the Unwinds like Roland, but how do they feel about Connor?
4. What last name is given to all children who are in the custody of the state?
5. Where are Risa and Connor finally able to meet in private?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)