|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is on the plane when it arrives with new Unwinds?
2. Where is Connor assigned to work?
(a) As a maintenance worker.
(b) As a mechanic.
(c) As a dishwasher.
(d) As a Golden.
3. What does Dalton tell Risa about the sight of the Unwinds walking down the "red carpet"?
(a) He tells her he is planning to save them.
(b) He tells her to be happy she is saved.
(c) He tells her she will get used to it.
(d) He tells her to ignore them.
4. How are jobs determined at the Graveyard?
(a) Jobs are chosen by the Unwinds.
(b) By physical testing.
(c) By interview with the tribunal.
(d) By essay exam.
5. What does the counselor tell Roland about Connor?
(a) Connor is also scheduled to be unwound today.
(b) Connor has reported him for fighting.
(c) Connor is being kept alive until he is 18.
(d) Connor is a Clapper.
6. Why doesn't Connor want to be in the same crate as Roland?
(a) He would rather Roland be crated with Risa.
(b) He believes Roland will kill him.
(c) He thinks other Unwinds will gang up on them.
(d) He believes he will kill Roland.
7. How is Risa treated by the counselor who interviews her?
(a) Like a genius.
(b) The woman thinks Risa is a joker.
(c) Like she is an imbecile.
(d) The woman is impressed by her medic skills.
8. How is Connor treated differently than Roland and Risa when they arrive at the camp?
(a) He is immediately sent to work.
(b) He is asked to play music when others arrive.
(c) He is taken alone, surrounded by guards.
(d) He is kept in a barbed wire holding pen.
9. What group to Lev, Mai and Blaine belong to?
(a) The Clappers.
(b) The VIPs.
(c) The Detonators.
(d) The Terribles.
10. What plan does Roland try to get Connor involved in?
(a) A plot to steal an airplane.
(b) A revolt against the Admiral.
(c) Hijacking a bus.
(d) A kidnapping.
11. What does Lev discover after talking to the priest?
(a) That he admires Connor's spirit.
(b) That god does not approve of unwinding.
(c) That Connor is scheduled to be unwound.
(d) That Roland ran away.
12. What skill does Risa have that impresses the counselor?
(a) She is a good dishwasher.
(b) She is a logical thinker.
(c) She plays piano.
(d) She can give injections.
13. Who does Connor credit for having helped him change?
(a) The Admiral.
(d) His fellow mechanics.
14. Why does Connor have a difficult time traveling in the crate?
(a) He can't stand confined spaces.
(b) There is not enough air in the crate.
(c) He is afraid to become friends with new people.
(d) He was put in a crate by his parents.
15. Why are the Unwinds told to stay out of the open desert?
(a) So planes and satellites can't see them.
(b) So they can always be found in five minutes.
(c) So they do not get heat stroke.
(d) So they do not try to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is Connor known by at the camp?
2. What happens to Risa at the camp?
3. How long will the Unwinds be in the Graveyard?
4. Where are Risa and Connor finally able to meet in private?
5. Who is Harlan?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)