|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Alaskan pipeline job?
(a) A cover for Clapper activites.
(b) Blowing up oil pipelines.
(c) Rounding up escaped Unwinds.
(d) A nature conservation project.
2. Who are the Goldens?
(a) The Admiral's favorite Unwinds.
(b) The Admiral's children.
(c) The doctors who live in the compound.
(d) The adults in charge of the camp.
3. How are tithes and "terribles" treated at the camp?
(a) The same as the others.
(b) Differently than the others.
(c) Like they are heros.
(d) Like they are to be feared.
4. Who does Connor credit for having helped him change?
(b) His fellow mechanics.
(d) The Admiral.
5. Who does Roland demand to see before he is taken away?
(a) The counselor.
(c) A priest.
6. Why does Connor try hard not to cause problems?
(a) He doesn't want Risa to see him go to the "chop shop."
(b) He is terrified of being unwound.
(c) He is trying to be a better person so they will keep him until he is 18.
(d) He is convinced he can find a way to escape.
7. What happens to Risa and Connor the morning after Risa is attacked by Roland?
(a) The Fatigues interview people about the incident.
(b) Connor and Risa break up for real.
(c) All of the Unwinds are rounded up next to crates.
(d) The Unwinds gang up on Connor and Risa.
8. How are jobs determined at the Graveyard?
(a) Jobs are chosen by the Unwinds.
(b) By interview with the tribunal.
(c) By physical testing.
(d) By essay exam.
9. How much money does Lev talk the pawnbroker into giving him for the bracelet?
10. What does Roland just before Connor blacks out during their fight?
(a) He lets go of Connor.
(b) He blacks out.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He realizes Connor is his only friend.
11. What does Risa wish when she sees Roland?
(a) That he had died in the crate.
(b) That Connor was there to kill him.
(c) That they had been crated together.
(d) That she had suffocated in the crate.
12. How many people are rumored to have died in the crates during the journey?
13. Why does Risa feel she cannot find Connor once they are out of the crates?
(a) She is still upset with him.
(b) She would rather be with Roland.
(c) They decided to go their own ways.
(d) They are supposed to be in a fight.
14. Who tends to Connor after he emerges from the "chop shop" after the explosion?
(c) The priest.
15. What is the reason the Admiral gives for wanting Connor on his jet?
(a) To fix the engine.
(b) To make Connor a Golden.
(c) To help plan a work call.
(d) To fix the coffee maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does Risa have that impresses the counselor?
2. What is the topic of the deep conversation the boys have on the plane?
3. What does Cyrus steal that will give the boys money to travel?
4. What does Connor think of the Admiral's jet?
5. How is Risa treated by the counselor who interviews her?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)