|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What last name is given to all children who are in the custody of the state?
2. What is the reason the Admiral gives for wanting Connor on his jet?
(a) To fix the engine.
(b) To fix the coffee maker.
(c) To make Connor a Golden.
(d) To help plan a work call.
3. How are Risa and her friend Tina similar?
(a) They were both musicians at the same school.
(b) They have the same hair color.
(c) They are being Unwound because of budget cuts.
(d) They were both harassed by Roland.
4. What happens to Risa at the camp?
(a) She is taken away with the tithes.
(b) She is assigned to the "chop shop."
(c) She is assigned to play piano for incoming Unwinds.
(d) She has a spiritual awakening.
5. Why are the Unwinds told to stay out of the open desert?
(a) So they do not get heat stroke.
(b) So they do not try to escape.
(c) So they can always be found in five minutes.
(d) So planes and satellites can't see them.
6. What does Connor do when he sees Lev again?
(a) Asks him if he brought CyFi.
(b) Tells him he was wrong about him.
(c) Punches him and then hugs him.
(d) Cries like a baby.
7. Why doesn't Connor want to be in the same crate as Roland?
(a) He would rather Roland be crated with Risa.
(b) He believes he will kill Roland.
(c) He thinks other Unwinds will gang up on them.
(d) He believes Roland will kill him.
8. What assignment does Lev volunteer to do?
(a) Work in a childrens' hospital.
(b) Work as the Admiral's assistant.
(c) Work on a pipeline in Alaska.
(d) Work at the border.
9. Who tends to Connor after he emerges from the "chop shop" after the explosion?
(c) The priest.
10. Why does Connor have a difficult time traveling in the crate?
(a) There is not enough air in the crate.
(b) He is afraid to become friends with new people.
(c) He was put in a crate by his parents.
(d) He can't stand confined spaces.
11. Who does Roland blame for his incarceration at the harvest camp?
(b) The Admiral.
12. Who does Roland demand to see before he is taken away?
(b) The counselor.
(d) A priest.
13. Why do the Unwinds look forward to "work calls"?
(a) It is a chance to go out into the world.
(b) They will get to camp in the desert.
(c) They will get extra pay.
(d) It is a way to meet other Unwinds.
14. What skill does Risa have that impresses the counselor?
(a) She is a logical thinker.
(b) She can give injections.
(c) She is a good dishwasher.
(d) She plays piano.
15. Why is CyFi so desperate to go to Joplin, Mo?
(a) It is where his donor Unwind was from.
(b) He wants Lev to see his hometown.
(c) It is a place he read about in a book.
(d) He wants to see his parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lev leave at the store after he robs it?
2. How do the boys in Connor's crate feel about Unwinding?
3. How does Lev convince Blaine that it is time to start their plan?
4. What does Roland just before Connor blacks out during their fight?
5. How long will the Unwinds be in the Graveyard?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)