|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cyrus steal that will give the boys money to travel?
(a) A diamond bracelet.
(c) A car.
(d) An engagement ring.
2. Where are Risa and Connor finally able to meet in private?
(a) At breakfast.
(b) At the rooftop piano.
(c) In the VIP quarters.
(d) In the girls' bathroom.
3. How does Lev convince Blaine that it is time to start their plan?
(a) He says the guards know there are Clappers at the camp.
(b) He says Mai is going to be unwound.
(c) He tells Blaine that the priest knows they are Clappers.
(d) He tells Blaine that he is scheduled for unwinding.
4. What is the average stay for an Unwind at the harvest camp?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Two months.
5. What does Connor do when he sees Lev again?
(a) Punches him and then hugs him.
(b) Tells him he was wrong about him.
(c) Asks him if he brought CyFi.
(d) Cries like a baby.
6. How much money does Lev talk the pawnbroker into giving him for the bracelet?
7. How many people are rumored to have died in the crates during the journey?
8. What is Roland assigned to do as work?
(a) He is the pilot's assistant.
(b) He is in the judiciary.
(c) He is a Golden.
(d) He is assigned with Risa.
9. Where are Risa and Connor when they get caught by the juvey-cops?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) Inside the Admiral's airplane.
(c) In Alaska.
(d) On the run in Arizona.
10. Why does Risa think Connor is being treated differently?
(a) So that he will snap and be unwound more quickly.
(b) Because he has information about the Admiral.
(c) The guards are afraid of him.
(d) Roland has set him up.
11. Why are band members kept at the camp for a longer time than others?
(a) So they can play for incoming Unwinds.
(b) Because they can be sold as slaves.
(c) Because they are considered of higher value.
(d) So they can play for the camp workers.
12. Why doesn't Connor want to be in the same crate as Roland?
(a) He thinks other Unwinds will gang up on them.
(b) He believes he will kill Roland.
(c) He believes Roland will kill him.
(d) He would rather Roland be crated with Risa.
13. How are tithes treated at the camp?
(a) Like VIPs.
(b) Like they are invisible.
(c) Like delinquents.
(d) Like they are unintelligent.
14. What happens to Risa and Connor the morning after Risa is attacked by Roland?
(a) The Unwinds gang up on Connor and Risa.
(b) Connor and Risa break up for real.
(c) All of the Unwinds are rounded up next to crates.
(d) The Fatigues interview people about the incident.
15. Why are the Unwinds told to stay out of the open desert?
(a) So they do not try to escape.
(b) So they do not get heat stroke.
(c) So they can always be found in five minutes.
(d) So planes and satellites can't see them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Unwinds look forward to "work calls"?
2. Where is Connor assigned to work?
3. What eventually happens to Roland?
4. Why does Dalton plan to jump off the roof if he is scheduled to be unwound?
5. Who are the Goldens?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)