|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Unwinds told to stay out of the open desert?
(a) So they can always be found in five minutes.
(b) So they do not try to escape.
(c) So they do not get heat stroke.
(d) So planes and satellites can't see them.
2. Why does Connor become angry with Risa?
(a) She is planning to run away.
(b) She accepts good and supplies from Roland.
(c) She works long hours and has no time for him.
(d) She is dating Roland.
3. What happens to Risa at the camp?
(a) She is taken away with the tithes.
(b) She is assigned to the "chop shop."
(c) She is assigned to play piano for incoming Unwinds.
(d) She has a spiritual awakening.
4. What is the average stay for an Unwind at the harvest camp?
(a) Two months.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six days.
5. What group to Lev, Mai and Blaine belong to?
(a) The Clappers.
(b) The VIPs.
(c) The Detonators.
(d) The Terribles.
6. Why does Connor try hard not to cause problems?
(a) He is terrified of being unwound.
(b) He is trying to be a better person so they will keep him until he is 18.
(c) He doesn't want Risa to see him go to the "chop shop."
(d) He is convinced he can find a way to escape.
7. What are harvest camps created to resemble?
(a) The Graveyard.
(c) Suburban communities.
(d) Nice resorts.
8. What is the reason the Admiral gives for wanting Connor on his jet?
(a) To fix the engine.
(b) To make Connor a Golden.
(c) To fix the coffee maker.
(d) To help plan a work call.
9. What does Connor do when he sees Lev again?
(a) Tells him he was wrong about him.
(b) Asks him if he brought CyFi.
(c) Cries like a baby.
(d) Punches him and then hugs him.
10. What does Cyrus steal that will give the boys money to travel?
(a) A car.
(b) An engagement ring.
(d) A diamond bracelet.
11. How many days until Lev will be unwound?
12. Where are Risa and Connor finally able to meet in private?
(a) In the girls' bathroom.
(b) In the VIP quarters.
(c) At breakfast.
(d) At the rooftop piano.
13. How is Connor treated differently than Roland and Risa when they arrive at the camp?
(a) He is immediately sent to work.
(b) He is taken alone, surrounded by guards.
(c) He is kept in a barbed wire holding pen.
(d) He is asked to play music when others arrive.
14. Why do the Unwinds look forward to "work calls"?
(a) They will get to camp in the desert.
(b) They will get extra pay.
(c) It is a way to meet other Unwinds.
(d) It is a chance to go out into the world.
15. What eventually happens to Roland?
(a) He escapes.
(b) He is unwound.
(c) He jumps off the music roof.
(d) It is unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dalton plan to jump off the roof if he is scheduled to be unwound?
2. Who is the self proclaimed "dictator" of the Graveyard?
3. Who tends to Connor after he emerges from the "chop shop" after the explosion?
4. How are tithes treated at the camp?
5. What motivated Emby's aunt to sign his Unwind papers?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)