|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most of the Unwinds like Roland, but how do they feel about Connor?
(a) They respect him.
(b) They do not trust him.
(c) They think he is a liar.
(d) They are afraid of him.
2. Why does Connor try hard not to cause problems?
(a) He is trying to be a better person so they will keep him until he is 18.
(b) He doesn't want Risa to see him go to the "chop shop."
(c) He is convinced he can find a way to escape.
(d) He is terrified of being unwound.
3. Where are Risa and Connor finally able to meet in private?
(a) In the girls' bathroom.
(b) At the rooftop piano.
(c) In the VIP quarters.
(d) At breakfast.
4. What does Lev discover after talking to the priest?
(a) That Connor is scheduled to be unwound.
(b) That he admires Connor's spirit.
(c) That Roland ran away.
(d) That god does not approve of unwinding.
5. What is the name of the place where the Unwinds are being sent?
(a) The junkyard.
(c) The dump.
(d) The graveyard.
6. What do the Unwinds call the Admiral's rules?
(a) The 10 Demandments.
(b) The 10 Demeanments.
(c) The 10 Commandments.
(d) The 10 Ammendments.
7. What does the counselor tell Roland about Connor?
(a) Connor is also scheduled to be unwound today.
(b) Connor is a Clapper.
(c) Connor is being kept alive until he is 18.
(d) Connor has reported him for fighting.
8. Who does Roland blame for his incarceration at the harvest camp?
(a) The Admiral.
9. Why does Dalton plan to jump off the roof if he is scheduled to be unwound?
(a) Because he cannot be unwound until he is healed.
(b) Because he would rather kill himself then go to the "chop shop."
(c) So that he can make a political point.
(d) So that he can cause a riot.
10. Why does Tyler want CyFi to return to his old home?
(a) So he can show his parents where he hid stolen loot.
(b) So that he can apologize to his girlfriend.
(c) So he can have CyFi unwound.
(d) So he can steal money from his backyard.
11. Who does Connor think he sees when the new Unwinds arrive?
(d) The Admiral.
12. Why does Lev run when the police are dealing with Tyler and CyFi?
(a) Because he doesn't want to be accused of stealing.
(b) He doesn't want to be stuck in Joplin with CyFi's fathers.
(c) Because they will be distracted and he can get away.
(d) He would rather be with Risa and Connor.
13. Why are the Unwinds told to stay out of the open desert?
(a) So planes and satellites can't see them.
(b) So they do not get heat stroke.
(c) So they can always be found in five minutes.
(d) So they do not try to escape.
14. What plan does Roland try to get Connor involved in?
(a) A revolt against the Admiral.
(b) A plot to steal an airplane.
(c) Hijacking a bus.
(d) A kidnapping.
15. Why does Risa feel she cannot find Connor once they are out of the crates?
(a) She is still upset with him.
(b) They decided to go their own ways.
(c) They are supposed to be in a fight.
(d) She would rather be with Roland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Risa wish when she sees Roland?
2. What does Roland offer in exchange for his freedom?
3. Why does Connor become angry with Risa?
4. What group to Lev, Mai and Blaine belong to?
5. What is the name of the camp where Risa and Connor are sent?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)