|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lev's first impression of Cyrus?
(a) He is as mean as Connor.
(b) He likes to hear himself talk.
(c) He is facinating.
(d) He is really cool.
2. What will need to happen if the AWOL Unwinds are to make a successful escape?
(a) They will need the help of an adult.
(b) They will have to learn to trust each other.
(c) They will need weapons.
(d) They will need a map and supplies.
3. Why does Connor begin to do better in school and to exhibit better behavior after he finds out that he is scheduled to be unwound?
(a) So his girlfriend will run away with him.
(b) So his parents will cancel the unwinding.
(c) So he can convince the harvest camps that he is worthy of being left alive.
(d) So his parents will regret their decision to have him unwound.
4. What is the name of Risa's piano teacher?
(a) Mr. Durkin.
(b) Mr. Ross.
(c) Mr. Lassiter
(d) Mrs. Headmistress.
5. Where does Hannah tell Risa and Connor they will find a woman named Sonia?
(a) In an abandoned mine.
(b) At a shack in the woods.
(c) At an antique shop downtown.
(d) In the school basement.
6. Who are the Fatigues?
(a) The group of Unwinds in the warehouse.
(b) The people who oversee the Unwinds.
(c) A gang of Unwinds.
(d) A military organization.
7. What happens to the note that Lev writes to the boy on the bus?
(a) The boy throws it on the floor, unread.
(b) The boy reads it and doesn't believe Lev.
(c) The boy gives it to the authorities.
(d) The boy tells Lev he doesn't care about his problem.
8. What does Roland do while Risa is in the bathroom?
(a) He takes her place in the food line.
(b) He locks her in the room alone.
(c) He attacks her.
(d) He confronts Connor.
9. Why is Connor Lassiter scheduled to be unwound?
(a) He is a troublemaker.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) He is a runaway.
(d) He is a tithe.
10. Who is J.T. Nelson?
(a) Lev's guard.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A juvey-cop.
(d) The bus driver.
11. What does Lev believe is going on when he wakes?
(a) He thinks Risa is being held hostage.
(b) He thinks Connor has murdered a juvey-cop.
(c) He thinks Connor is holding him hostage.
(d) He thinks Risa killed the bus driver.
12. What is Risa's theory about Lev's parents?
(a) They are angry with God about Lev's escape.
(b) They are helping them
(c) They are covering up his escape so that he will be safe.
(d) They are using their influence to kill the Unwinds.
13. What does it mean for a baby to be "storked"?
(a) The baby is unwound.
(b) The baby is given to large birds.
(c) The baby is left alone in the woods.
(d) The baby is given up.
14. How does Connor feel about Lev?
(a) That he is young and can't be trusted.
(b) That he is like a younger brother.
(c) That he is brave.
(d) That he is very street smart.
15. Who does the trio meet on the bus?
(a) The juvey-cops.
(b) Trinity, the baby's mother.
(c) Alexis, another young mother.
(d) An adoptive family for the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What choice does Risa discover she has when the bus she is on crashes?
2. Why does Risa want to test Lev?
3. What is the mood of the group of Unwinds on Christmas?
4. Who is Risa Ward?
5. How does Risa feel when Connor does not fight Roland?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)