|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lev suddenly want to take care of Cyrus?
(a) He thinks it is his religious duty.
(b) He feels bad about his problems.
(c) He is afraid Cyrus will die.
(d) He needs them to keep walking.
2. What quality does Cyrus have that annoys Lev?
(a) He makes bad decisions.
(b) He has brain bits.
(c) He doesn't believe in tithes.
(d) He is always explaining himself.
3. What does Lev think should happen to Risa and Connor?
(a) They should be killed by the juvey-cops.
(b) They should be set free.
(c) They should be unwound.
(d) They should go back to their homes.
4. What does the headmaster tell Risa as to why she has been chosen for unwinding?
(a) She is an orphan, so she is not useful.
(b) All of Mr. Durkin's students are being sent to harvest camps.
(c) Other students have better grades and are better pianists.
(d) Her piano recital was an embarassment to the school.
5. How does Risa do at her piano recital?
(a) She is taken for unwinding before she has a chance to play.
(b) She plays perfectly, with no mistakes.
(c) She plays a hard piece and makes a number of mistakes.
(d) She plays so poorly that the crowd boos her off stage.
6. What is Risa's theory about Lev's parents?
(a) They are helping them
(b) They are using their influence to kill the Unwinds.
(c) They are covering up his escape so that he will be safe.
(d) They are angry with God about Lev's escape.
7. What is it called when a person or family gives 10% of their belongings to the church?
(a) A donation.
(c) A tithe.
(d) A sacrifice.
8. What does Risa think when she sees pieces of trash in the woods?
(a) She feels bad that people do not take care of the environment.
(b) That they will be arrested for littering.
(c) That they are going to be caught soon.
(d) That there is civilization nearby.
9. What percentage of Risa's school must be scheduled to be unwound?
10. What is Connor's biggest fear?
(a) Being unwound.
(b) Being popular.
(c) Being alone.
(d) Being unloved.
11. What happens to Didi as Risa and Connor are leaving Sonia's basement?
(a) Sonia steals the baby and gives it away.
(b) The baby dies.
(c) Didi cries so loudly they have to leave her behind.
(d) Hannah takes the baby to raise.
12. Why is Risa annoyed with Connor's behavior?
(a) She thinks he is too soft-hearted.
(b) She thinks he is too impulsive.
(c) She does not like the way he treats Lev.
(d) She thinks he is too argumentative.
13. Why are Connor, Lev and Risa surprised when they read the newspaper?
(a) There is no mention of their escape.
(b) The trio is on the most wanted fugitive list.
(c) That Lev has leaked information about their whereabouts.
(d) Their escape is all over the papers.
14. Who is Roland?
(a) A bully who wants to challenge Connor.
(b) Risa's new boyfriend who Connor hates.
(c) The leader of the Fatigues.
(d) Connor's new friend at the warehouse.
15. What does Sonia have in her cellar?
(a) Unwinds who are hiding like Connor, Risa and Lev.
(b) A room full of storked babies like Didi.
(c) Food and water for the trio to take on the run.
(d) A tunnel to escape the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Risa feel about Connor taking the baby?
2. How did Cyrus help Lev when they first met at the mall?
3. Why does Cyrus act as if he has a split personality?
4. What is the name of Risa's piano teacher?
5. What happens to Risa on the way to the harvest camp?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)