|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the headmaster tell Risa as to why she has been chosen for unwinding?
(a) She is an orphan, so she is not useful.
(b) Other students have better grades and are better pianists.
(c) Her piano recital was an embarassment to the school.
(d) All of Mr. Durkin's students are being sent to harvest camps.
2. What is it called when a person or family gives 10% of their belongings to the church?
(b) A sacrifice.
(c) A donation.
(d) A tithe.
3. What does it mean for a baby to be "storked"?
(a) The baby is left alone in the woods.
(b) The baby is given up.
(c) The baby is given to large birds.
(d) The baby is unwound.
4. What is Risa's reaction to being told she is destined for a harvest camp?
5. Why is Connor Lassiter scheduled to be unwound?
(a) He is a troublemaker.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) He is a tithe.
(d) He is a runaway.
6. What does Lev think should happen to Risa and Connor?
(a) They should be killed by the juvey-cops.
(b) They should go back to their homes.
(c) They should be set free.
(d) They should be unwound.
7. Which character has street smarts and a cool head?
8. What is the mood of the group of Unwinds on Christmas?
(a) They are sad.
(b) They are thankful for being alive.
(c) They are joyous and excited.
(d) They are irritated and restless.
9. How does Connor feel about Lev?
(a) He misses Lev.
(b) He is worried that Lev has been caught.
(c) He is jealous of Lev.
(d) He is upset about Lev's betrayal of them.
10. How does Nelson feel about AWOL Unwinds?
(a) They are heroes.
(b) They are unfortunate children.
(c) They are not worthy to live.
(d) They are misunderstood.
11. Why do Risa and Connor argue?
(a) To test Lev.
(b) Risa wants to leave Lev in the woods.
(c) Lev is trying to turn them against each other.
(d) Connor thinks they should stop for the night.
12. What does Lev do while the trio are hiding in the school bathroom?
(a) Lev decides to help Risa and Connor escape.
(b) Lev pulls the fire alarm.
(c) Lev calls his parents to come and get him.
(d) Lev decides to run from Risa and Connor.
13. What is Cyrus Finch's nickname?
14. How does Lev feel about being a tithe and his journey to be unwound?
(a) He is angry at his family and is plotting an escape.
(b) He is a depressed young man who looks forward to the harvest camp.
(c) He is afraid and does not understand what will happen to him.
(d) He is proud of his contribution to God and society.
15. Where do the boys sleep for the night as they are walking along the railroad tracks?
(a) With a group of campers.
(b) In a tent in the woods.
(c) They do not sleep, they continue to walk all night.
(d) In an old switch shack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Clappers?
2. Who is J.T. Nelson?
3. Who is Risa Ward?
4. Who is Roland?
5. How does Connor think he can avoid being sent to the harvest camp?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)