|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lev do while the trio are hiding in the school bathroom?
(a) Lev pulls the fire alarm.
(b) Lev decides to run from Risa and Connor.
(c) Lev calls his parents to come and get him.
(d) Lev decides to help Risa and Connor escape.
2. Who is J.T. Nelson?
(a) A juvey-cop.
(b) The bus driver.
(c) Lev's guard.
(d) A doctor.
3. Why does Lev struggle with Connor after Connor pulls him from the backseat of Pastor Dan's car?
(a) Lev thinks Connor is trying to take him as a hostage.
(b) Lev doesn't want to miss his chance to get to the harvest camp.
(c) Pastor Dan convinces Lev that Connor is sent from the Devil.
(d) Lev is afraid that Connor murdered the bus driver.
4. What is Risa's theory about Lev's parents?
(a) They are angry with God about Lev's escape.
(b) They are covering up his escape so that he will be safe.
(c) They are helping them
(d) They are using their influence to kill the Unwinds.
5. What is the mood of the group of Unwinds on Christmas?
(a) They are joyous and excited.
(b) They are thankful for being alive.
(c) They are irritated and restless.
(d) They are sad.
6. What does Lev think should happen to Risa and Connor?
(a) They should go back to their homes.
(b) They should be killed by the juvey-cops.
(c) They should be unwound.
(d) They should be set free.
7. Who is the legendary figure the kids talk about in the woods, the figure who went crazy?
(a) Patty Hurst.
(b) Humphrey Dunfee.
(c) J.T. Nelson.
(d) Representative Humphrey.
8. What quality does Cyrus have that annoys Lev?
(a) He is always explaining himself.
(b) He makes bad decisions.
(c) He doesn't believe in tithes.
(d) He has brain bits.
9. What is Risa's reaction to being told she is destined for a harvest camp?
10. What is Stockholm Syndrome?
(a) Where kidnappers have sympathy for their hostage and let them go.
(b) What Lev calls his escape plan.
(c) Where people are sent to Swedish harvest camps.
(d) Where a kidnapped person identifies with their kidnappers.
11. Why doesn't Connor fight Roland after what he does to Risa?
(a) He decides to get Roland later.
(b) He doesn't think Risa is worth it.
(c) He thinks Roland is trying to goad him into fighting.
(d) He wants to be a peaceful person.
12. What happens to Lev before Connor can get him to safety in the woods?
(a) He is caught by Pastor Dan and put back in the car.
(b) He is caught by the police.
(c) Connor bites him.
(d) He is hit by a tranquilizer dart.
13. How does Connor Lassiter find out he is to be sent to a harvest camp to be unwound?
(a) He is told about the harvest camp by his music teacher.
(b) He does not find out until the harvesters come to get him.
(c) He does not know he is going to be unwound.
(d) He finds the paperwork in his parents' things.
14. What does Risa think when she sees pieces of trash in the woods?
(a) That they will be arrested for littering.
(b) That there is civilization nearby.
(c) She feels bad that people do not take care of the environment.
(d) That they are going to be caught soon.
15. What does Connor think about Risa's plan to test Lev?
(a) He understands her motives and agrees with her.
(b) He feels she is crazy and Lev does not need to be tested.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He is angry because he thinks she is trying to take over leadership.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Connor feel about Lev?
2. Why does the 19 year old mother decide to "stork" her baby?
3. Who takes turns keeping watch throughout the night?
4. What happens to Risa on the way to the harvest camp?
5. What percentage of Risa's school must be scheduled to be unwound?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)