|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the trio get onto the school bus?
(a) They are afraid of being caught by the police.
(b) They think they will blend in with the school kids.
(c) They need a ride and the bus is free.
(d) They are tired of walking and need a rest.
2. What does Lev believe is going on when he wakes?
(a) He thinks Connor is holding him hostage.
(b) He thinks Connor has murdered a juvey-cop.
(c) He thinks Risa killed the bus driver.
(d) He thinks Risa is being held hostage.
3. What will need to happen if the AWOL Unwinds are to make a successful escape?
(a) They will need a map and supplies.
(b) They will need the help of an adult.
(c) They will have to learn to trust each other.
(d) They will need weapons.
4. Why does Lev agree to go along with Risa and Connor's plans?
(a) He is scared Connor will kill him.
(b) He is too confused to do anything else.
(c) He has a crush on Risa.
(d) It is in his best interest.
5. What does Risa think when she sees pieces of trash in the woods?
(a) That they will be arrested for littering.
(b) That they are going to be caught soon.
(c) She feels bad that people do not take care of the environment.
(d) That there is civilization nearby.
6. Who is the legendary figure the kids talk about in the woods, the figure who went crazy?
(a) Representative Humphrey.
(b) Patty Hurst.
(c) Humphrey Dunfee.
(d) J.T. Nelson.
7. What does Sonia have in her cellar?
(a) A room full of storked babies like Didi.
(b) A tunnel to escape the city.
(c) Unwinds who are hiding like Connor, Risa and Lev.
(d) Food and water for the trio to take on the run.
8. What is the mood of the group of Unwinds on Christmas?
(a) They are sad.
(b) They are joyous and excited.
(c) They are irritated and restless.
(d) They are thankful for being alive.
9. Why does Lev believe that storking and unwinding are ok?
(a) He does not think they are ok.
(b) He has known many Unwinds.
(c) His parents told him they were good things.
(d) They are in the Bible.
10. What is it called when a person or family gives 10% of their belongings to the church?
(a) A sacrifice.
(b) A donation.
(d) A tithe.
11. How does Connor think he can avoid being sent to the harvest camp?
(a) He does not think he can avoid being sent to the harvest camp.
(b) By getting better grades.
(c) By behaving better.
(d) By running away.
12. Who is Cyrus Finch?
(a) A juvey-cop.
(b) A boy Leb is traveling with.
(c) A boy on the run with Risa and Connor.
(d) A teacher from the school.
13. How does Lev give away Connor and Risa's location as they are trying to leave the school?
(a) He rushes over to rejoin them.
(b) He uses the loud speaker to call them to him.
(c) He points them out to the juvey-cops.
(d) He shouts their names out in the crowd.
14. Who brings dinner to the Unwinds on Christmas?
(a) Lev and Cyrus.
(b) The fatigues.
(d) Roland and his friends.
15. What does Connor take with them onto the bus?
(a) A baby.
(b) A hostage.
(c) More Unwinds.
(d) A woman's wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the note that Lev writes to the boy on the bus?
2. What are brain bits?
3. Why does Risa want to test Lev?
4. Where do the boys sleep for the night as they are walking along the railroad tracks?
5. What is Lev's first impression of Cyrus?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)