|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Connor think he can avoid being sent to the harvest camp?
(a) He does not think he can avoid being sent to the harvest camp.
(b) By running away.
(c) By behaving better.
(d) By getting better grades.
2. At what age does unwinding take place?
(a) Any time after the age of 16.
(b) Between 12 and 19.
(c) Before age 15.
(d) Between 13 and 18.
3. Who is Roland?
(a) Connor's new friend at the warehouse.
(b) A bully who wants to challenge Connor.
(c) Risa's new boyfriend who Connor hates.
(d) The leader of the Fatigues.
4. What choice does Risa discover she has when the bus she is on crashes?
(a) That she can run and try to avoid the harvest camp.
(b) That she can return to the school and beg to be given another chance.
(c) That she can refuse to go to the camp and begin a protest.
(d) She discovers that she is at the mercy of the camps and has no choices.
5. Why does Lev suddenly want to take care of Cyrus?
(a) He thinks it is his religious duty.
(b) He needs them to keep walking.
(c) He is afraid Cyrus will die.
(d) He feels bad about his problems.
6. What is Risa's reaction to being told she is destined for a harvest camp?
7. How does Lev feel about being a tithe and his journey to be unwound?
(a) He is a depressed young man who looks forward to the harvest camp.
(b) He is proud of his contribution to God and society.
(c) He is afraid and does not understand what will happen to him.
(d) He is angry at his family and is plotting an escape.
8. How do Risa, Connor and Lev begin to bond with each other?
(a) They look for food together.
(b) They share their feelings of fear and anger.
(c) They discuss their childhoods.
(d) They talk about why they are being sent to be unwound.
9. Who are the Clappers?
(c) Risa and Connor.
(d) Storked babies.
10. How does Nelson feel about AWOL Unwinds?
(a) They are heroes.
(b) They are misunderstood.
(c) They are unfortunate children.
(d) They are not worthy to live.
11. What does Connor take with them onto the bus?
(a) A baby.
(b) A woman's wallet.
(c) A hostage.
(d) More Unwinds.
12. Why does Risa want to test Lev?
(a) To make him tougher.
(b) To see if he is trying to spy on them.
(c) To see if he is going to stay or run.
(d) To see if he is really an Unwind.
13. Where does Risa go while the other kids are in line for food?
(a) Outside for fresh air.
(b) To the bathroom.
(c) Back to her bunk.
(d) To confront Roland.
14. How do the brain bits cause problems for Cyrus?
(a) The Unwind's brain takes over sometimes.
(b) He sees and hears things that aren't there.
(c) He forgets who and where he is.
(d) The bits make him violent.
15. What condition is Lev in when he wakes up?
(a) He is relieved he is safe and feels good.
(b) His shoulder hurts and his thinking is muddled.
(c) He is tired and goes back to sleep.
(d) He is clear headed and nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it called when a person or family gives 10% of their belongings to the church?
2. What does Lev think should happen to Risa and Connor?
3. How does Connor feel about Lev?
4. Why does Lev confront Cyrus about the way he talks?
5. How does the mother feel about leaving her baby on someone's doorstep?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)