|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lev agree to go along with Risa and Connor's plans?
(a) He has a crush on Risa.
(b) It is in his best interest.
(c) He is scared Connor will kill him.
(d) He is too confused to do anything else.
2. How does Nelson feel about AWOL Unwinds?
(a) They are unfortunate children.
(b) They are heroes.
(c) They are not worthy to live.
(d) They are misunderstood.
3. How does the mother feel about leaving her baby on someone's doorstep?
(a) She is pleased with herself and her solution.
(b) She is afraid for the baby.
(c) She is unemotional about it.
(d) She is very upset.
4. At what age does unwinding take place?
(a) Any time after the age of 16.
(b) Before age 15.
(c) Between 13 and 18.
(d) Between 12 and 19.
5. How does Connor Lassiter find out he is to be sent to a harvest camp to be unwound?
(a) He is told about the harvest camp by his music teacher.
(b) He finds the paperwork in his parents' things.
(c) He does not find out until the harvesters come to get him.
(d) He does not know he is going to be unwound.
6. What mistake does Connor make that allows the juvey-cops to find him?
(a) He leaves his parents a note telling them where he has gone.
(b) He takes a ride from someone who turns him in.
(c) He uses his cell phone.
(d) He tells his girlfriend where he is.
7. What is Risa's reaction to being told she is destined for a harvest camp?
8. Which character has street smarts and a cool head?
9. Why doesn't Connor fight Roland after what he does to Risa?
(a) He doesn't think Risa is worth it.
(b) He thinks Roland is trying to goad him into fighting.
(c) He decides to get Roland later.
(d) He wants to be a peaceful person.
10. Why does Lev believe that storking and unwinding are ok?
(a) His parents told him they were good things.
(b) He does not think they are ok.
(c) They are in the Bible.
(d) He has known many Unwinds.
11. Who is Risa Ward?
(a) Connor Lassiter's girlfriend.
(b) A juvenile delinquent Connor knows from school.
(c) A tithe who is the pride of her family.
(d) An orphaned girl scheduled for unwind.
12. Why does Risa want to test Lev?
(a) To make him tougher.
(b) To see if he is trying to spy on them.
(c) To see if he is going to stay or run.
(d) To see if he is really an Unwind.
13. What is Stockholm Syndrome?
(a) Where people are sent to Swedish harvest camps.
(b) Where kidnappers have sympathy for their hostage and let them go.
(c) Where a kidnapped person identifies with their kidnappers.
(d) What Lev calls his escape plan.
14. Why does the 19 year old mother decide to "stork" her baby?
(a) She knows she will not have a good life if she keeps the baby.
(b) She wants the baby to live in a wealthy home.
(c) She hates the baby.
(d) She is afraid the baby will be taken away.
15. What does Lev think should happen to Risa and Connor?
(a) They should be unwound.
(b) They should go back to their homes.
(c) They should be set free.
(d) They should be killed by the juvey-cops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Risa's theory about Lev's parents?
2. How does Lev give away Connor and Risa's location as they are trying to leave the school?
3. What are brain bits?
4. What percentage of Risa's school must be scheduled to be unwound?
5. Why is Risa called in the headmaster's office?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)