|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cyrus Finch's nickname?
2. Why does Risa pretend to be Didi?
(a) She likes to pretend she is a girl that won't be Unwound.
(b) To get food for herself, Lev and Connor.
(c) To throw the juvey-cops off of their trail.
(d) To get new clothes for herself, Lev and Connor.
3. Why are Connor, Lev and Risa surprised when they read the newspaper?
(a) The trio is on the most wanted fugitive list.
(b) There is no mention of their escape.
(c) That Lev has leaked information about their whereabouts.
(d) Their escape is all over the papers.
4. What does Sonia have in her cellar?
(a) A tunnel to escape the city.
(b) A room full of storked babies like Didi.
(c) Food and water for the trio to take on the run.
(d) Unwinds who are hiding like Connor, Risa and Lev.
5. Why is Risa called in the headmaster's office?
(a) She is told that they will no longer pay for her piano lessons.
(b) She is informed that state funding for the school is running out.
(c) She is informed that her piano teacher is scheduled to be unwound.
(d) She is told that she will have to live at another school.
6. How does Lev feel about being a tithe and his journey to be unwound?
(a) He is a depressed young man who looks forward to the harvest camp.
(b) He is angry at his family and is plotting an escape.
(c) He is afraid and does not understand what will happen to him.
(d) He is proud of his contribution to God and society.
7. Where is Maternity Hospital #6?
(a) The United States.
(b) The Ukraine.
(c) The Sudan.
(d) South America.
8. Who is the legendary figure the kids talk about in the woods, the figure who went crazy?
(a) Patty Hurst.
(b) Representative Humphrey.
(c) J.T. Nelson.
(d) Humphrey Dunfee.
9. Who brings dinner to the Unwinds on Christmas?
(b) Roland and his friends.
(c) Lev and Cyrus.
(d) The fatigues.
10. What does Pastor Dan tell Lev that has Lev so troubled?
(a) Connor and Risa are planning to kill Lev.
(b) That there is no such thing as a tithe, it was a lie.
(c) Lev's parents want him to live.
(d) Levi Jedediah Calder no longer exists.
11. Who are the Fatigues?
(a) A military organization.
(b) The people who oversee the Unwinds.
(c) The group of Unwinds in the warehouse.
(d) A gang of Unwinds.
12. How does Lev feel about pretending to like Risa and Connor?
(a) It makes him feel sick.
(b) He is sad that they aren't really friends.
(c) It makes him feel good.
(d) He is proud of his deception.
13. Why doesn't Connor fight Roland after what he does to Risa?
(a) He wants to be a peaceful person.
(b) He thinks Roland is trying to goad him into fighting.
(c) He doesn't think Risa is worth it.
(d) He decides to get Roland later.
14. What does Connor take with them onto the bus?
(a) A baby.
(b) More Unwinds.
(c) A hostage.
(d) A woman's wallet.
15. Who is Risa Ward?
(a) A tithe who is the pride of her family.
(b) Connor Lassiter's girlfriend.
(c) An orphaned girl scheduled for unwind.
(d) A juvenile delinquent Connor knows from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Risa, Connor and Lev begin to bond with each other?
2. How do the brain bits cause problems for Cyrus?
3. How does the mother feel about leaving her baby on someone's doorstep?
4. Why does Risa want to test Lev?
5. What is Risa's reaction to being told she is destined for a harvest camp?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)