|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes turns keeping watch throughout the night?
(a) Risa and Lev.
(b) Connor and Risa.
(c) Lev and Nelson.
(d) Nelson and Connor.
2. Where do the boys sleep for the night as they are walking along the railroad tracks?
(a) In a tent in the woods.
(b) In an old switch shack.
(c) They do not sleep, they continue to walk all night.
(d) With a group of campers.
3. How does Connor Lassiter find out he is to be sent to a harvest camp to be unwound?
(a) He does not know he is going to be unwound.
(b) He finds the paperwork in his parents' things.
(c) He is told about the harvest camp by his music teacher.
(d) He does not find out until the harvesters come to get him.
4. What mistake does Connor make that allows the juvey-cops to find him?
(a) He tells his girlfriend where he is.
(b) He uses his cell phone.
(c) He leaves his parents a note telling them where he has gone.
(d) He takes a ride from someone who turns him in.
5. What are brain bits?
(a) Tracking devices in the brain.
(b) A nickname for the juvey-cops.
(c) Special pills for brain power.
(d) Pieces of an Unwind's brain.
6. Why does the trio get onto the school bus?
(a) They are afraid of being caught by the police.
(b) They think they will blend in with the school kids.
(c) They are tired of walking and need a rest.
(d) They need a ride and the bus is free.
7. Where is Maternity Hospital #6?
(a) The United States.
(b) South America.
(c) The Sudan.
(d) The Ukraine.
8. Why is Risa called in the headmaster's office?
(a) She is informed that her piano teacher is scheduled to be unwound.
(b) She is informed that state funding for the school is running out.
(c) She is told that she will have to live at another school.
(d) She is told that they will no longer pay for her piano lessons.
9. Which character has street smarts and a cool head?
10. What does Connor think about Risa's plan to test Lev?
(a) He understands her motives and agrees with her.
(b) He is angry because he thinks she is trying to take over leadership.
(c) He feels she is crazy and Lev does not need to be tested.
(d) He does not like it.
11. Why does Lev struggle with Connor after Connor pulls him from the backseat of Pastor Dan's car?
(a) Lev doesn't want to miss his chance to get to the harvest camp.
(b) Lev is afraid that Connor murdered the bus driver.
(c) Lev thinks Connor is trying to take him as a hostage.
(d) Pastor Dan convinces Lev that Connor is sent from the Devil.
12. Where are Connor and Risa when Lev wakes?
(a) Scavengering for food.
(b) Sitting by the fire.
(c) Watching the police on the road.
(d) Pitching a tent.
13. What will need to happen if the AWOL Unwinds are to make a successful escape?
(a) They will need a map and supplies.
(b) They will need the help of an adult.
(c) They will need weapons.
(d) They will have to learn to trust each other.
14. Why does Cyrus act as if he has a split personality?
(a) He is crazy.
(b) He has been given brain bits.
(c) He has had a vision from god.
(d) He is being controlled by the government.
15. Why is Connor Lassiter scheduled to be unwound?
(a) He is a tithe.
(b) He is a troublemaker.
(c) He is an orphan.
(d) He is a runaway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Risa want to test Lev?
2. How do the brain bits cause problems for Cyrus?
3. What does Lev think should happen to Risa and Connor?
4. Why is Risa annoyed with Connor's behavior?
5. What happens to the note that Lev writes to the boy on the bus?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)