|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Risa Ward?
(a) A tithe who is the pride of her family.
(b) Connor Lassiter's girlfriend.
(c) An orphaned girl scheduled for unwind.
(d) A juvenile delinquent Connor knows from school.
2. How does Cyrus refer to his runaway status?
(a) He calls himself a "run-to".
(b) He says he is on a mission from God.
(c) He refuses to talk about himself.
(d) He is proud to be called a runaway.
3. What choice does Risa discover she has when the bus she is on crashes?
(a) That she can run and try to avoid the harvest camp.
(b) That she can refuse to go to the camp and begin a protest.
(c) She discovers that she is at the mercy of the camps and has no choices.
(d) That she can return to the school and beg to be given another chance.
4. Why is Risa called in the headmaster's office?
(a) She is informed that her piano teacher is scheduled to be unwound.
(b) She is told that they will no longer pay for her piano lessons.
(c) She is told that she will have to live at another school.
(d) She is informed that state funding for the school is running out.
5. Why does Marcus's speech confuse Lev?
(a) Lev isn't confused, he secretly agrees with Marcus.
(b) Marcus seemed to always support the tithe when they discussed it before.
(c) Lev feels that his brother is jealous.
(d) Lev doesn't understand why someone would object to tithing.
6. What percentage of Risa's school must be scheduled to be unwound?
7. Which character becomes the leader of the trio?
8. How does Risa do at her piano recital?
(a) She is taken for unwinding before she has a chance to play.
(b) She plays so poorly that the crowd boos her off stage.
(c) She plays a hard piece and makes a number of mistakes.
(d) She plays perfectly, with no mistakes.
9. What condition is Lev in when he wakes up?
(a) He is relieved he is safe and feels good.
(b) He is tired and goes back to sleep.
(c) He is clear headed and nervous.
(d) His shoulder hurts and his thinking is muddled.
10. What is Connor's biggest fear?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Being unloved.
(c) Being popular.
(d) Being unwound.
11. Who are the Clappers?
(c) Risa and Connor.
(d) Storked babies.
12. How do the brain bits cause problems for Cyrus?
(a) The bits make him violent.
(b) The Unwind's brain takes over sometimes.
(c) He forgets who and where he is.
(d) He sees and hears things that aren't there.
13. Where does Risa go while the other kids are in line for food?
(a) Outside for fresh air.
(b) Back to her bunk.
(c) To confront Roland.
(d) To the bathroom.
14. What will happen to Connor once he arrives at the harvest camp?
(a) He will be sent to a work camp where he will be useful to society.
(b) He will be kept on "ice" until someone needs a transplant.
(c) His vital organs will be donated and he will be killed.
(d) He will be given an opportunity to change his ways.
15. Who is Levi Jedediah Calder?
(a) A delinquent who is being sacrificed to apease God.
(b) Another passenger on the bus with Risa.
(c) A 13 year old boy who was born to be a tithe.
(d) The older brother of a tithe who is upset by the practice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Risa give Nelson for being in the woods?
2. Why is Risa cradling her arm in the woods?
3. What will need to happen if the AWOL Unwinds are to make a successful escape?
4. What does Pastor Dan tell Lev that has Lev so troubled?
5. Where are Connor and Risa when Lev wakes?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)