|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Risa do at her piano recital?
(a) She is taken for unwinding before she has a chance to play.
(b) She plays a hard piece and makes a number of mistakes.
(c) She plays so poorly that the crowd boos her off stage.
(d) She plays perfectly, with no mistakes.
2. Who does Hannah find hiding in the science lab during the fire drill?
(a) Lev and Pastor Dan.
(b) Connor, Risa and Lev.
(c) Didi, Risa and Connor.
3. What is the mood of the group of Unwinds on Christmas?
(a) They are sad.
(b) They are joyous and excited.
(c) They are thankful for being alive.
(d) They are irritated and restless.
4. Who is Levi Jedediah Calder?
(a) A delinquent who is being sacrificed to apease God.
(b) Another passenger on the bus with Risa.
(c) The older brother of a tithe who is upset by the practice.
(d) A 13 year old boy who was born to be a tithe.
5. Why are Connor, Lev and Risa surprised when they read the newspaper?
(a) That Lev has leaked information about their whereabouts.
(b) The trio is on the most wanted fugitive list.
(c) There is no mention of their escape.
(d) Their escape is all over the papers.
6. How does Lev feel about being a tithe and his journey to be unwound?
(a) He is a depressed young man who looks forward to the harvest camp.
(b) He is angry at his family and is plotting an escape.
(c) He is proud of his contribution to God and society.
(d) He is afraid and does not understand what will happen to him.
7. Which character has street smarts and a cool head?
8. How does Connor feel about Lev?
(a) He is upset about Lev's betrayal of them.
(b) He is jealous of Lev.
(c) He misses Lev.
(d) He is worried that Lev has been caught.
9. How does Connor feel about the storked baby?
(a) He is upset that the baby will die.
(b) He wishes he had been storked.
(c) He admires the mother who storked the baby.
(d) He thinks the storked baby is a drain on society.
10. How does the mother feel about leaving her baby on someone's doorstep?
(a) She is pleased with herself and her solution.
(b) She is unemotional about it.
(c) She is very upset.
(d) She is afraid for the baby.
11. Why is Risa called in the headmaster's office?
(a) She is informed that her piano teacher is scheduled to be unwound.
(b) She is told that she will have to live at another school.
(c) She is told that they will no longer pay for her piano lessons.
(d) She is informed that state funding for the school is running out.
12. Why doesn't Connor fight Roland after what he does to Risa?
(a) He thinks Roland is trying to goad him into fighting.
(b) He decides to get Roland later.
(c) He wants to be a peaceful person.
(d) He doesn't think Risa is worth it.
13. Why does the 19 year old mother decide to "stork" her baby?
(a) She hates the baby.
(b) She knows she will not have a good life if she keeps the baby.
(c) She is afraid the baby will be taken away.
(d) She wants the baby to live in a wealthy home.
14. What happens to Lev before Connor can get him to safety in the woods?
(a) He is caught by Pastor Dan and put back in the car.
(b) Connor bites him.
(c) He is caught by the police.
(d) He is hit by a tranquilizer dart.
15. Why does Cyrus act as if he has a split personality?
(a) He is crazy.
(b) He has been given brain bits.
(c) He has had a vision from god.
(d) He is being controlled by the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lev believe that storking and unwinding are ok?
2. What does Roland do while Risa is in the bathroom?
3. How does Connor Lassiter find out he is to be sent to a harvest camp to be unwound?
4. How does Risa get away from Nelson?
5. How does Cyrus refer to his runaway status?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)