|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one problem that the brain bits cause for Cyrus?
(d) Hyper mania.
2. Why do Risa and Connor argue?
(a) Risa wants to leave Lev in the woods.
(b) To test Lev.
(c) Connor thinks they should stop for the night.
(d) Lev is trying to turn them against each other.
3. How does Lev feel about being a tithe and his journey to be unwound?
(a) He is afraid and does not understand what will happen to him.
(b) He is proud of his contribution to God and society.
(c) He is angry at his family and is plotting an escape.
(d) He is a depressed young man who looks forward to the harvest camp.
4. What will happen to Connor once he arrives at the harvest camp?
(a) He will be kept on "ice" until someone needs a transplant.
(b) He will be given an opportunity to change his ways.
(c) His vital organs will be donated and he will be killed.
(d) He will be sent to a work camp where he will be useful to society.
5. What happens to the note that Lev writes to the boy on the bus?
(a) The boy tells Lev he doesn't care about his problem.
(b) The boy throws it on the floor, unread.
(c) The boy gives it to the authorities.
(d) The boy reads it and doesn't believe Lev.
6. What happens to Didi as Risa and Connor are leaving Sonia's basement?
(a) Didi cries so loudly they have to leave her behind.
(b) Sonia steals the baby and gives it away.
(c) The baby dies.
(d) Hannah takes the baby to raise.
7. What is it called when a person or family gives 10% of their belongings to the church?
(b) A donation.
(c) A sacrifice.
(d) A tithe.
8. What is Risa's theory about Lev's parents?
(a) They are angry with God about Lev's escape.
(b) They are using their influence to kill the Unwinds.
(c) They are covering up his escape so that he will be safe.
(d) They are helping them
9. What does Sonia have in her cellar?
(a) A tunnel to escape the city.
(b) A room full of storked babies like Didi.
(c) Food and water for the trio to take on the run.
(d) Unwinds who are hiding like Connor, Risa and Lev.
10. How does Connor feel about Lev?
(a) He is worried that Lev has been caught.
(b) He is upset about Lev's betrayal of them.
(c) He is jealous of Lev.
(d) He misses Lev.
11. Who is Risa Ward?
(a) A juvenile delinquent Connor knows from school.
(b) Connor Lassiter's girlfriend.
(c) An orphaned girl scheduled for unwind.
(d) A tithe who is the pride of her family.
12. What does Risa decide to treat Lev and Connor?
(a) She wants to make sure they hate each other.
(b) She wants to use them and leave them in the woods.
(c) She wants to make them her good friends.
(d) She wants to keep them at arms length.
13. What is Risa's reaction to being told she is destined for a harvest camp?
14. How did Cyrus help Lev when they first met at the mall?
(a) He showed Lev how to find food at the food court.
(b) He shared his home and food with Lev.
(c) He helped Lev steal table scraps.
(d) He showed Lev how to beg in the streets.
15. How does Risa do at her piano recital?
(a) She is taken for unwinding before she has a chance to play.
(b) She plays a hard piece and makes a number of mistakes.
(c) She plays perfectly, with no mistakes.
(d) She plays so poorly that the crowd boos her off stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland do while Risa is in the bathroom?
2. What does Lev do while the trio are hiding in the school bathroom?
3. What does it mean for a baby to be "storked"?
4. What is Lev's first impression of Cyrus?
5. What percentage of Risa's school must be scheduled to be unwound?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)