|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Risa Ward?
(a) A juvenile delinquent Connor knows from school.
(b) Connor Lassiter's girlfriend.
(c) An orphaned girl scheduled for unwind.
(d) A tithe who is the pride of her family.
2. At what age does unwinding take place?
(a) Between 13 and 18.
(b) Before age 15.
(c) Between 12 and 19.
(d) Any time after the age of 16.
3. Why does Risa think the Unwinds need help?
(a) She is certain they are going to starve.
(b) She thinks Connor is a bad leader.
(c) She does not think they can escape on their own.
(d) She does not want to sleep in the woods.
4. Where does Hannah tell Risa and Connor they will find a woman named Sonia?
(a) At a shack in the woods.
(b) At an antique shop downtown.
(c) In an abandoned mine.
(d) In the school basement.
5. How does Connor feel about the storked baby?
(a) He admires the mother who storked the baby.
(b) He wishes he had been storked.
(c) He thinks the storked baby is a drain on society.
(d) He is upset that the baby will die.
6. What will happen to Connor once he arrives at the harvest camp?
(a) He will be given an opportunity to change his ways.
(b) He will be sent to a work camp where he will be useful to society.
(c) He will be kept on "ice" until someone needs a transplant.
(d) His vital organs will be donated and he will be killed.
7. What condition is Lev in when he wakes up?
(a) His shoulder hurts and his thinking is muddled.
(b) He is tired and goes back to sleep.
(c) He is relieved he is safe and feels good.
(d) He is clear headed and nervous.
8. Who brings dinner to the Unwinds on Christmas?
(a) Lev and Cyrus.
(b) Roland and his friends.
(d) The fatigues.
9. Why is Risa cradling her arm in the woods?
(a) She is trying to get Lev to trust her.
(b) She is trying to trap the juvey-cop.
(c) Her arm is badly broken.
(d) She isn't cradling her arm in the woods.
10. What will need to happen if the AWOL Unwinds are to make a successful escape?
(a) They will need the help of an adult.
(b) They will have to learn to trust each other.
(c) They will need weapons.
(d) They will need a map and supplies.
11. Why doesn't Connor fight Roland after what he does to Risa?
(a) He thinks Roland is trying to goad him into fighting.
(b) He doesn't think Risa is worth it.
(c) He decides to get Roland later.
(d) He wants to be a peaceful person.
12. What does the headmaster tell Risa as to why she has been chosen for unwinding?
(a) Her piano recital was an embarassment to the school.
(b) She is an orphan, so she is not useful.
(c) Other students have better grades and are better pianists.
(d) All of Mr. Durkin's students are being sent to harvest camps.
13. What is the mood of the group of Unwinds on Christmas?
(a) They are joyous and excited.
(b) They are thankful for being alive.
(c) They are sad.
(d) They are irritated and restless.
14. What does Connor think about Risa's plan to test Lev?
(a) He understands her motives and agrees with her.
(b) He feels she is crazy and Lev does not need to be tested.
(c) He does not like it.
(d) He is angry because he thinks she is trying to take over leadership.
15. What happens to Lev before Connor can get him to safety in the woods?
(a) He is caught by the police.
(b) He is hit by a tranquilizer dart.
(c) He is caught by Pastor Dan and put back in the car.
(d) Connor bites him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Risa get away from Nelson?
2. What does Risa think when she sees pieces of trash in the woods?
3. What happens to Risa on the way to the harvest camp?
4. How long are Risa and Connor shuffled around before they end up in the warehouse by the airport?
5. Why does Lev suddenly want to take care of Cyrus?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)