|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sonia have in her cellar?
(a) A room full of storked babies like Didi.
(b) A tunnel to escape the city.
(c) Food and water for the trio to take on the run.
(d) Unwinds who are hiding like Connor, Risa and Lev.
2. Who is J.T. Nelson?
(a) Lev's guard.
(b) The bus driver.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A juvey-cop.
3. What is Risa's reaction to being told she is destined for a harvest camp?
4. Why does Marcus's speech confuse Lev?
(a) Marcus seemed to always support the tithe when they discussed it before.
(b) Lev isn't confused, he secretly agrees with Marcus.
(c) Lev doesn't understand why someone would object to tithing.
(d) Lev feels that his brother is jealous.
5. Who is Pastor Dan?
(a) Lev's advisor and friend.
(b) The person sent from the harvest camp to collect Lev.
(c) A bully in Lev's community who tries to make Lev turn against Marcus.
(d) The leader of the pro-tithe movement.
6. How does Lev feel about being a tithe and his journey to be unwound?
(a) He is angry at his family and is plotting an escape.
(b) He is afraid and does not understand what will happen to him.
(c) He is proud of his contribution to God and society.
(d) He is a depressed young man who looks forward to the harvest camp.
7. Who does the trio meet on the bus?
(a) Alexis, another young mother.
(b) Trinity, the baby's mother.
(c) The juvey-cops.
(d) An adoptive family for the baby.
8. How does Lev feel about pretending to like Risa and Connor?
(a) He is sad that they aren't really friends.
(b) It makes him feel sick.
(c) It makes him feel good.
(d) He is proud of his deception.
9. What happens to Lev before Connor can get him to safety in the woods?
(a) He is caught by the police.
(b) He is caught by Pastor Dan and put back in the car.
(c) Connor bites him.
(d) He is hit by a tranquilizer dart.
10. Why is Risa called in the headmaster's office?
(a) She is told that she will have to live at another school.
(b) She is informed that state funding for the school is running out.
(c) She is informed that her piano teacher is scheduled to be unwound.
(d) She is told that they will no longer pay for her piano lessons.
11. What is one problem that the brain bits cause for Cyrus?
(c) Hyper mania.
12. How does the mother feel about leaving her baby on someone's doorstep?
(a) She is unemotional about it.
(b) She is pleased with herself and her solution.
(c) She is afraid for the baby.
(d) She is very upset.
13. Why does Lev believe that storking and unwinding are ok?
(a) His parents told him they were good things.
(b) They are in the Bible.
(c) He does not think they are ok.
(d) He has known many Unwinds.
14. What does Lev do while the trio are hiding in the school bathroom?
(a) Lev pulls the fire alarm.
(b) Lev calls his parents to come and get him.
(c) Lev decides to help Risa and Connor escape.
(d) Lev decides to run from Risa and Connor.
15. Why does the trio get onto the school bus?
(a) They are afraid of being caught by the police.
(b) They need a ride and the bus is free.
(c) They are tired of walking and need a rest.
(d) They think they will blend in with the school kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Risa get away from Nelson?
2. Which character has street smarts and a cool head?
3. What is the mood of the group of Unwinds on Christmas?
4. What does Connor take with them onto the bus?
5. Who are the Fatigues?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)