|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Risa's theory about Lev's parents?
(a) They are helping them
(b) They are using their influence to kill the Unwinds.
(c) They are covering up his escape so that he will be safe.
(d) They are angry with God about Lev's escape.
2. At what age does unwinding take place?
(a) Any time after the age of 16.
(b) Between 13 and 18.
(c) Between 12 and 19.
(d) Before age 15.
3. How does Risa do at her piano recital?
(a) She is taken for unwinding before she has a chance to play.
(b) She plays a hard piece and makes a number of mistakes.
(c) She plays so poorly that the crowd boos her off stage.
(d) She plays perfectly, with no mistakes.
4. Which character has street smarts and a cool head?
5. What does Lev believe is going on when he wakes?
(a) He thinks Risa is being held hostage.
(b) He thinks Risa killed the bus driver.
(c) He thinks Connor has murdered a juvey-cop.
(d) He thinks Connor is holding him hostage.
6. Why is Risa called in the headmaster's office?
(a) She is informed that her piano teacher is scheduled to be unwound.
(b) She is told that they will no longer pay for her piano lessons.
(c) She is informed that state funding for the school is running out.
(d) She is told that she will have to live at another school.
7. Why does Lev suddenly want to take care of Cyrus?
(a) He needs them to keep walking.
(b) He is afraid Cyrus will die.
(c) He thinks it is his religious duty.
(d) He feels bad about his problems.
8. Why does the 19 year old mother decide to "stork" her baby?
(a) She knows she will not have a good life if she keeps the baby.
(b) She is afraid the baby will be taken away.
(c) She hates the baby.
(d) She wants the baby to live in a wealthy home.
9. Who is Roland?
(a) A bully who wants to challenge Connor.
(b) The leader of the Fatigues.
(c) Risa's new boyfriend who Connor hates.
(d) Connor's new friend at the warehouse.
10. Where does Hannah tell Risa and Connor they will find a woman named Sonia?
(a) In an abandoned mine.
(b) In the school basement.
(c) At a shack in the woods.
(d) At an antique shop downtown.
11. What happens to Risa on the way to the harvest camp?
(a) The bus transporting her is in an accident.
(b) She is jumped by a group of girls on the way to the camp.
(c) She realizes that being unwound is her destiny.
(d) Her piano teacher tries to stop the bus, but is too late.
12. What percentage of Risa's school must be scheduled to be unwound?
13. What is the mood of the group of Unwinds on Christmas?
(a) They are irritated and restless.
(b) They are sad.
(c) They are thankful for being alive.
(d) They are joyous and excited.
14. What quality does Cyrus have that annoys Lev?
(a) He doesn't believe in tithes.
(b) He is always explaining himself.
(c) He makes bad decisions.
(d) He has brain bits.
15. Who are the Fatigues?
(a) A gang of Unwinds.
(b) A military organization.
(c) The people who oversee the Unwinds.
(d) The group of Unwinds in the warehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hannah find hiding in the science lab during the fire drill?
2. What does Roland do while Risa is in the bathroom?
3. What will need to happen if the AWOL Unwinds are to make a successful escape?
4. What is Stockholm Syndrome?
5. What does Pastor Dan tell Lev that has Lev so troubled?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)