Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Risa, Connor and Lev begin to bond with each other?
(a) They discuss their childhoods.
(b) They share their feelings of fear and anger.
(c) They look for food together.
(d) They talk about why they are being sent to be unwound.
2. What is Risa's reaction to being told she is destined for a harvest camp?
3. What is one problem that the brain bits cause for Cyrus?
(b) Hyper mania.
4. How does Connor think he can avoid being sent to the harvest camp?
(a) By behaving better.
(b) By running away.
(c) By getting better grades.
(d) He does not think he can avoid being sent to the harvest camp.
5. Who are the Fatigues?
(a) A military organization.
(b) The group of Unwinds in the warehouse.
(c) The people who oversee the Unwinds.
(d) A gang of Unwinds.
6. Where do the boys sleep for the night as they are walking along the railroad tracks?
(a) With a group of campers.
(b) In an old switch shack.
(c) They do not sleep, they continue to walk all night.
(d) In a tent in the woods.
7. What will need to happen if the AWOL Unwinds are to make a successful escape?
(a) They will need a map and supplies.
(b) They will need weapons.
(c) They will need the help of an adult.
(d) They will have to learn to trust each other.
8. What does Connor think about Risa's plan to test Lev?
(a) He is angry because he thinks she is trying to take over leadership.
(b) He does not like it.
(c) He feels she is crazy and Lev does not need to be tested.
(d) He understands her motives and agrees with her.
9. What happens to Didi as Risa and Connor are leaving Sonia's basement?
(a) The baby dies.
(b) Sonia steals the baby and gives it away.
(c) Didi cries so loudly they have to leave her behind.
(d) Hannah takes the baby to raise.
10. What reason does Risa give Nelson for being in the woods?
(a) She was confused and just wandered away.
(b) She broker her arm and thought she could find help in the woods.
(c) She had planned to meet friends at a certain time.
(d) She ran because she was afraid the bus would explode.
11. What does it mean for a baby to be "storked"?
(a) The baby is given to large birds.
(b) The baby is unwound.
(c) The baby is left alone in the woods.
(d) The baby is given up.
12. How does Risa do at her piano recital?
(a) She plays so poorly that the crowd boos her off stage.
(b) She is taken for unwinding before she has a chance to play.
(c) She plays perfectly, with no mistakes.
(d) She plays a hard piece and makes a number of mistakes.
13. What does Pastor Dan tell Lev that has Lev so troubled?
(a) Connor and Risa are planning to kill Lev.
(b) Levi Jedediah Calder no longer exists.
(c) Lev's parents want him to live.
(d) That there is no such thing as a tithe, it was a lie.
14. How does Risa get away from Nelson?
(a) Connor tranqs the officer with his own gun.
(b) Risa tranqs the officer with his own gun.
(c) She runs when he goes for medical help.
(d) Risa is taken by Nelson and lead away.
15. Who is Cyrus Finch?
(a) A juvey-cop.
(b) A boy on the run with Risa and Connor.
(c) A teacher from the school.
(d) A boy Leb is traveling with.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the mother feel about leaving her baby on someone's doorstep?
2. How does Connor feel about the storked baby?
3. Why does Risa want to test Lev?
4. What does Risa decide to treat Lev and Connor?
5. Why does Connor begin to do better in school and to exhibit better behavior after he finds out that he is scheduled to be unwound?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)