|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lev agree to go along with Risa and Connor's plans?
(a) He has a crush on Risa.
(b) He is too confused to do anything else.
(c) He is scared Connor will kill him.
(d) It is in his best interest.
2. What choice does Risa discover she has when the bus she is on crashes?
(a) That she can refuse to go to the camp and begin a protest.
(b) That she can run and try to avoid the harvest camp.
(c) She discovers that she is at the mercy of the camps and has no choices.
(d) That she can return to the school and beg to be given another chance.
3. What happens to the note that Lev writes to the boy on the bus?
(a) The boy gives it to the authorities.
(b) The boy reads it and doesn't believe Lev.
(c) The boy tells Lev he doesn't care about his problem.
(d) The boy throws it on the floor, unread.
4. What is Lev's first impression of Cyrus?
(a) He is as mean as Connor.
(b) He is facinating.
(c) He is really cool.
(d) He likes to hear himself talk.
5. Why are Connor, Lev and Risa surprised when they read the newspaper?
(a) That Lev has leaked information about their whereabouts.
(b) The trio is on the most wanted fugitive list.
(c) Their escape is all over the papers.
(d) There is no mention of their escape.
6. Which character has street smarts and a cool head?
7. What percentage of Risa's school must be scheduled to be unwound?
8. How does Nelson feel about AWOL Unwinds?
(a) They are unfortunate children.
(b) They are misunderstood.
(c) They are heroes.
(d) They are not worthy to live.
9. Why does Risa think the Unwinds need help?
(a) She is certain they are going to starve.
(b) She does not think they can escape on their own.
(c) She does not want to sleep in the woods.
(d) She thinks Connor is a bad leader.
10. What will need to happen if the AWOL Unwinds are to make a successful escape?
(a) They will have to learn to trust each other.
(b) They will need the help of an adult.
(c) They will need a map and supplies.
(d) They will need weapons.
11. What does Risa think when she sees pieces of trash in the woods?
(a) That they will be arrested for littering.
(b) That there is civilization nearby.
(c) That they are going to be caught soon.
(d) She feels bad that people do not take care of the environment.
12. Where is Maternity Hospital #6?
(a) The United States.
(b) The Sudan.
(c) South America.
(d) The Ukraine.
13. What is the mood of the group of Unwinds on Christmas?
(a) They are joyous and excited.
(b) They are irritated and restless.
(c) They are sad.
(d) They are thankful for being alive.
14. What quality does Cyrus have that annoys Lev?
(a) He has brain bits.
(b) He is always explaining himself.
(c) He doesn't believe in tithes.
(d) He makes bad decisions.
15. What is it called when a person or family gives 10% of their belongings to the church?
(a) A sacrifice.
(b) A donation.
(c) A tithe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connor take with them onto the bus?
2. Why does Cyrus act as if he has a split personality?
3. What does Roland do while Risa is in the bathroom?
4. Who are the Fatigues?
5. What is one problem that the brain bits cause for Cyrus?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)