|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Connor think he can avoid being sent to the harvest camp?
(a) By getting better grades.
(b) He does not think he can avoid being sent to the harvest camp.
(c) By behaving better.
(d) By running away.
2. What is the mood of the group of Unwinds on Christmas?
(a) They are thankful for being alive.
(b) They are sad.
(c) They are irritated and restless.
(d) They are joyous and excited.
3. What happens to the note that Lev writes to the boy on the bus?
(a) The boy reads it and doesn't believe Lev.
(b) The boy gives it to the authorities.
(c) The boy tells Lev he doesn't care about his problem.
(d) The boy throws it on the floor, unread.
4. What is the name of Risa's piano teacher?
(a) Mr. Ross.
(b) Mrs. Headmistress.
(c) Mr. Durkin.
(d) Mr. Lassiter
5. Why does the 19 year old mother decide to "stork" her baby?
(a) She hates the baby.
(b) She wants the baby to live in a wealthy home.
(c) She knows she will not have a good life if she keeps the baby.
(d) She is afraid the baby will be taken away.
6. Who is Levi Jedediah Calder?
(a) The older brother of a tithe who is upset by the practice.
(b) A 13 year old boy who was born to be a tithe.
(c) A delinquent who is being sacrificed to apease God.
(d) Another passenger on the bus with Risa.
7. What percentage of Risa's school must be scheduled to be unwound?
8. How does Risa get away from Nelson?
(a) She runs when he goes for medical help.
(b) Risa tranqs the officer with his own gun.
(c) Connor tranqs the officer with his own gun.
(d) Risa is taken by Nelson and lead away.
9. What does Pastor Dan tell Lev that has Lev so troubled?
(a) Levi Jedediah Calder no longer exists.
(b) That there is no such thing as a tithe, it was a lie.
(c) Lev's parents want him to live.
(d) Connor and Risa are planning to kill Lev.
10. Why does Cyrus act as if he has a split personality?
(a) He has been given brain bits.
(b) He is crazy.
(c) He is being controlled by the government.
(d) He has had a vision from god.
11. What reason does Risa give Nelson for being in the woods?
(a) She broker her arm and thought she could find help in the woods.
(b) She was confused and just wandered away.
(c) She had planned to meet friends at a certain time.
(d) She ran because she was afraid the bus would explode.
12. Why does the trio get onto the school bus?
(a) They need a ride and the bus is free.
(b) They are tired of walking and need a rest.
(c) They are afraid of being caught by the police.
(d) They think they will blend in with the school kids.
13. Why does Risa pretend to be Didi?
(a) To throw the juvey-cops off of their trail.
(b) She likes to pretend she is a girl that won't be Unwound.
(c) To get food for herself, Lev and Connor.
(d) To get new clothes for herself, Lev and Connor.
14. Why does Connor begin to do better in school and to exhibit better behavior after he finds out that he is scheduled to be unwound?
(a) So his parents will regret their decision to have him unwound.
(b) So his parents will cancel the unwinding.
(c) So he can convince the harvest camps that he is worthy of being left alive.
(d) So his girlfriend will run away with him.
15. Which character has street smarts and a cool head?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cyrus refer to his runaway status?
2. At what age does unwinding take place?
3. What is it called when a person or family gives 10% of their belongings to the church?
4. What happens to Lev before Connor can get him to safety in the woods?
5. Why is Risa cradling her arm in the woods?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)