|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Connor Lassiter scheduled to be unwound?
(a) He is a runaway.
(b) He is a tithe.
(c) He is an orphan.
(d) He is a troublemaker.
2. How long are Risa and Connor shuffled around before they end up in the warehouse by the airport?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three hours.
3. What is the name of Risa's piano teacher?
(a) Mr. Durkin.
(b) Mr. Lassiter
(c) Mrs. Headmistress.
(d) Mr. Ross.
4. What is the mood of the group of Unwinds on Christmas?
(a) They are irritated and restless.
(b) They are joyous and excited.
(c) They are sad.
(d) They are thankful for being alive.
5. How does Lev feel about pretending to like Risa and Connor?
(a) He is sad that they aren't really friends.
(b) It makes him feel good.
(c) It makes him feel sick.
(d) He is proud of his deception.
6. What percentage of Risa's school must be scheduled to be unwound?
7. How did Cyrus help Lev when they first met at the mall?
(a) He shared his home and food with Lev.
(b) He showed Lev how to beg in the streets.
(c) He helped Lev steal table scraps.
(d) He showed Lev how to find food at the food court.
8. What is Connor's biggest fear?
(a) Being popular.
(b) Being unloved.
(c) Being unwound.
(d) Being alone.
9. What happens to Risa on the way to the harvest camp?
(a) She is jumped by a group of girls on the way to the camp.
(b) She realizes that being unwound is her destiny.
(c) The bus transporting her is in an accident.
(d) Her piano teacher tries to stop the bus, but is too late.
10. Where does Hannah tell Risa and Connor they will find a woman named Sonia?
(a) In the school basement.
(b) At an antique shop downtown.
(c) At a shack in the woods.
(d) In an abandoned mine.
11. How does Lev feel about being a tithe and his journey to be unwound?
(a) He is afraid and does not understand what will happen to him.
(b) He is a depressed young man who looks forward to the harvest camp.
(c) He is proud of his contribution to God and society.
(d) He is angry at his family and is plotting an escape.
12. How does Lev give away Connor and Risa's location as they are trying to leave the school?
(a) He rushes over to rejoin them.
(b) He shouts their names out in the crowd.
(c) He points them out to the juvey-cops.
(d) He uses the loud speaker to call them to him.
13. What does Lev do while the trio are hiding in the school bathroom?
(a) Lev decides to run from Risa and Connor.
(b) Lev calls his parents to come and get him.
(c) Lev decides to help Risa and Connor escape.
(d) Lev pulls the fire alarm.
14. What does Connor take with them onto the bus?
(a) A baby.
(b) More Unwinds.
(c) A hostage.
(d) A woman's wallet.
15. At what age does unwinding take place?
(a) Before age 15.
(b) Between 12 and 19.
(c) Any time after the age of 16.
(d) Between 13 and 18.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Risa feel about Connor taking the baby?
2. How does Risa get away from Nelson?
3. Why are Connor, Lev and Risa surprised when they read the newspaper?
4. What condition is Lev in when he wakes up?
5. How does Connor feel about Lev?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)