|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What choice does Risa discover she has when the bus she is on crashes?
(a) That she can run and try to avoid the harvest camp.
(b) She discovers that she is at the mercy of the camps and has no choices.
(c) That she can refuse to go to the camp and begin a protest.
(d) That she can return to the school and beg to be given another chance.
2. Why does Risa pretend to be Didi?
(a) To get new clothes for herself, Lev and Connor.
(b) To get food for herself, Lev and Connor.
(c) To throw the juvey-cops off of their trail.
(d) She likes to pretend she is a girl that won't be Unwound.
3. How does Connor Lassiter find out he is to be sent to a harvest camp to be unwound?
(a) He does not find out until the harvesters come to get him.
(b) He is told about the harvest camp by his music teacher.
(c) He finds the paperwork in his parents' things.
(d) He does not know he is going to be unwound.
4. Which character has street smarts and a cool head?
5. Why does Risa think the Unwinds need help?
(a) She is certain they are going to starve.
(b) She thinks Connor is a bad leader.
(c) She does not want to sleep in the woods.
(d) She does not think they can escape on their own.
6. Why is Risa annoyed with Connor's behavior?
(a) She thinks he is too impulsive.
(b) She does not like the way he treats Lev.
(c) She thinks he is too soft-hearted.
(d) She thinks he is too argumentative.
7. What is Risa's theory about Lev's parents?
(a) They are helping them
(b) They are angry with God about Lev's escape.
(c) They are using their influence to kill the Unwinds.
(d) They are covering up his escape so that he will be safe.
8. What happens to Lev before Connor can get him to safety in the woods?
(a) He is caught by the police.
(b) He is caught by Pastor Dan and put back in the car.
(c) He is hit by a tranquilizer dart.
(d) Connor bites him.
9. What condition is Lev in when he wakes up?
(a) He is clear headed and nervous.
(b) He is tired and goes back to sleep.
(c) He is relieved he is safe and feels good.
(d) His shoulder hurts and his thinking is muddled.
10. What mistake does Connor make that allows the juvey-cops to find him?
(a) He leaves his parents a note telling them where he has gone.
(b) He uses his cell phone.
(c) He takes a ride from someone who turns him in.
(d) He tells his girlfriend where he is.
11. What does Roland do while Risa is in the bathroom?
(a) He locks her in the room alone.
(b) He attacks her.
(c) He confronts Connor.
(d) He takes her place in the food line.
12. How did Cyrus help Lev when they first met at the mall?
(a) He helped Lev steal table scraps.
(b) He showed Lev how to find food at the food court.
(c) He shared his home and food with Lev.
(d) He showed Lev how to beg in the streets.
13. What is Cyrus Finch's nickname?
14. How does Nelson feel about AWOL Unwinds?
(a) They are unfortunate children.
(b) They are misunderstood.
(c) They are heroes.
(d) They are not worthy to live.
15. Why does Lev struggle with Connor after Connor pulls him from the backseat of Pastor Dan's car?
(a) Lev is afraid that Connor murdered the bus driver.
(b) Lev doesn't want to miss his chance to get to the harvest camp.
(c) Pastor Dan convinces Lev that Connor is sent from the Devil.
(d) Lev thinks Connor is trying to take him as a hostage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Levi Jedediah Calder?
2. What does Risa think when she sees pieces of trash in the woods?
3. What is it called when a person or family gives 10% of their belongings to the church?
4. Why does Connor begin to do better in school and to exhibit better behavior after he finds out that he is scheduled to be unwound?
5. How does Cyrus refer to his runaway status?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)