|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following artists was NOT known for a more subjective palette?
2. Which of the following is NOT an additive primary?
3. Which of the following is true, according to historical evidence?
(a) Written word predates pictures.
(b) Pictures predate written word.
(c) Written word predate spoken word.
(d) Pictures and spoken word developed simultaneously.
4. In the structure of a comic, where can senses and emotions be portrayed?
(a) Between panels
(b) Within panels
(c) Neither between nor within panels
(d) Both between and within panels
5. Comics printing was superior on which continent?
(c) North America
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit is used to illustrate the path of creating art?
2. What step determines whether the art will be a book, a sculpture or a song?
3. What step is the genre or school of art to which the work belongs?
4. The pursuit of truth can be seen as the foundation of which of the following?
5. Which of the following is NOT a form of self-expression and communication?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem results from people believing that comics is a new form of media?
2. What are the advantages of color in comics?
3. How can a word balloon vary?
4. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
5. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
6. How can an artist depict emotion in a comic?
7. How can backgrounds indicate invisible ideas such as emotions?
8. What happened after the birth of Expressionism?
9. Why was the four-color process created?
10. What was one result of the color printing used for superheroes?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)