|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What step finishes the first superficial exposure to the work?
2. Which of the following is true, according to historical evidence?
(a) Pictures and spoken word developed simultaneously.
(b) Pictures predate written word.
(c) Written word predates pictures.
(d) Written word predate spoken word.
3. In black and white, the ideas ______ the art are communicated more ______.
(a) in front of; directly
(b) behind; directly
(c) in front of; indirectly
(d) behind; indirectly
4. The creation of work in any medium will follow a certain path containing how many steps?
5. What combination has both words and pictures that send the same message?
Short Answer Questions
1. What step is the genre or school of art to which the work belongs?
2. Which of the following is NOT listed as a flat-color master?
3. Which color is NOT a subtractive primary?
4. In the time after printing was invented, when words and pictures appeared together, how were they combined?
5. What fruit is used to illustrate the path of creating art?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
2. In panels rich with images, why would an artist add words?
3. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
4. Why do people think words and pictures together is more simplistic than either art individually?
5. What is an advantage of combining words and pictures together, as in comics?
6. What was one result of the color printing used for superheroes?
7. Describe the origin of words.
8. What are the disadvantages of color in comics?
9. Describe the typical artist who starts with an idea/purpose and then creates art.
10. How can an artist depict emotion in a comic?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)