|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activity does not grow out of basic human instincts?
(d) fight or flight
2. In what year were the three additive primaries isolated?
3. Words and pictures have historically been thought of as base or simplistic. As a result of this mindset, current works of words and pictures have been base and simplistic. This is an example of what psychological phenomenon?
(a) Confirmation bias
(b) Self-fulfilling prophecy
(c) Learned helplessness
(d) Ecological fallacy
4. The bold lines, obtuse angles and heavy blacks in Dick Tracy were meant to suggest a _________ of adults.
(a) grim, deadly attitude
(b) profitable, kind attitude
(c) optimistic, dramatic attitude
(d) bleak, neutral attitude
5. What step constructs the work by applying skills, practical knowledge, invention, and problem-solving?
Short Answer Questions
1. What step puts it all together - edits the work for content, arrangement and composition?
2. The pursuit of truth can be seen as the foundation of which of the following?
3. The order and emphasis of which two steps demonstrates the most dramatic difference?
4. One property of flat colors is a tendency to emphasize the _____ of animate and inanimate objects
5. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a storyteller who says something through comics and controlling their medium?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem results from people believing that comics is a new form of media?
2. What is an advantage of combining words and pictures together, as in comics?
3. Describe the origin of words.
4. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
5. What are the disadvantages of color in comics?
6. What happened after the birth of Expressionism?
7. What three aspects of art benefit humans from an evolutionary standpoint?
8. What happened to comics after the invention of printing?
9. Does the six-step path need to be completed in a specific order?
10. How can backgrounds indicate invisible ideas such as emotions?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)