|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drew Dick Tracy?
(a) R. Crumb
(b) Carl Bark
(c) Krystine Kryttre
(d) Chester Gould
2. What step puts it all together - edits the work for content, arrangement and composition?
3. In the time after the printing press, which art form was obsessed with resemblance, light and color?
(a) Written word
(b) Visual arts
(d) Spoken word
4. Which of the following is NOT a way to vary word balloons?
(a) Lettering style
(c) All of the above
5. What is the most widely-used, most complex, and most versatile synaesthetic icon?
(a) Word balloon
(c) Sound effects
(d) Motion line
Short Answer Questions
1. In black and white, the ideas ______ the art are communicated more ______.
2. What is the concept of uniting different art forms associated with different senses?
3. Which of the following is NOT listed as a flat-color master?
4. The creation of work in any medium will follow a certain path containing how many steps?
5. Whose uneven lines pantomimed the inner struggles of modern life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the disadvantages of color in comics?
2. What are the advantages of color in comics?
3. What happened to comics after the invention of printing?
4. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
5. In panels rich with images, why would an artist add words?
6. Why was the four-color process created?
7. How can words and pictures together create a more meaningful message than each individually?
8. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
9. Does the six-step path need to be completed in a specific order?
10. What happened after the birth of Expressionism?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)