|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following contributed to the shift in resemblance towards meaning in art?
(d) All of the these
2. After impressionism, art experienced a shift away from _______ and toward _______.
(a) picture plane; meaning
(b) meaning; picture plane
(c) picture plane; resemblance
(d) resemblance; meaning
3. In the time after the printing press, which art form was obsessed with resemblance, light and color?
(a) Visual arts
(b) Written word
(c) Spoken word
4. The standard ______ color process was introduced to help control color costs and streamline the process.
5. Which of the following is NOT a form of self-expression and communication?
(b) None of these
Short Answer Questions
1. The creation of work in any medium will follow a certain path containing how many steps?
2. Who was the creator of Uncle $crooge?
3. What Scottish physicist isolated the three additive primaries?
4. In the structure of a comic, where can senses and emotions be portrayed?
5. What step determines whether the art will be a book, a sculpture or a song?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
2. What was one result of the color printing used for superheroes?
3. What problem results from people believing that comics is a new form of media?
4. Does the six-step path need to be completed in a specific order?
5. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
6. Describe the origin of words.
7. What are the disadvantages of color in comics?
8. How can a word balloon vary?
9. Describe the typical artist who starts with an idea/purpose and then creates art.
10. Why do people think words and pictures together is more simplistic than either art individually?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)