|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The four color process on better paper created what kind of results?
2. Each new medium begins by imitating its _______.
3. Whose uneven lines pantomimed the inner struggles of modern life?
(a) Jules Feiffer
(b) Jose Munoz
4. The pursuit of truth can be seen as the foundation of which of the following?
(a) All of these
5. What fruit is used to illustrate the path of creating art?
Short Answer Questions
1. The bold lines, obtuse angles and heavy blacks in Dick Tracy were meant to suggest a _________ of adults.
2. What step determines whether the art will be a book, a sculpture or a song?
3. What combination has words that amplify or elaborate on an image, or vice versa?
4. What kind of combination uses words and pictures on separate courses with no intersection?
5. The creation of work in any medium will follow a certain path containing how many steps?
Short Essay Questions
1. In panels rich with images, why would an artist add words?
2. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
3. What was one result of the color printing used for superheroes?
4. How can a word balloon vary?
5. What are the disadvantages of color in comics?
6. Describe the origin of words.
7. Why was the four-color process created?
8. In Chapter 7, how does McCloud see, or define, art?
9. What is an advantage of combining words and pictures together, as in comics?
10. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)