|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flat color can make shapes, figures and backgrounds more ________.
2. The four color process on better paper created what kind of results?
3. What Scottish physicist isolated the three additive primaries?
(a) Sir James Clerk
(b) Louis Ducos Du Hauron
(c) Alexander Graham Bell
(d) Lord Kelvin
4. What is the concept of uniting different art forms associated with different senses?
5. The standard ______ color process was introduced to help control color costs and streamline the process.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is true of most written languages?
2. Which of the following artists was NOT known for a more subjective palette?
3. Which of the following is NOT an example of possible primitive art?
4. The order and emphasis of which two steps demonstrates the most dramatic difference?
5. What combination has words that amplify or elaborate on an image, or vice versa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after the birth of Expressionism?
2. What is an advantage of combining words and pictures together, as in comics?
3. Describe the typical artist who finds idea/purpose after creating art.
4. In panels rich with images, why would an artist add words?
5. Why do people think words and pictures together is more simplistic than either art individually?
6. In Chapter 7, how does McCloud see, or define, art?
7. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
8. How can a word balloon vary?
9. What was one result of the color printing used for superheroes?
10. Describe the origin of words.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)