|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The pursuit of truth can be seen as the foundation of which of the following?
(a) All of these
2. What combination has pictures that illustrate but don't significantly add to a largely complete text?
3. Which artist incorporated neurotic quill-lines into his/her work?
(a) Chester Gould
(b) Krystine Kryttre
(c) R. Crumb
(d) Carl Bark
4. What combination has words that amplify or elaborate on an image, or vice versa?
5. What is the most widely-used, most complex, and most versatile synaesthetic icon?
(a) Motion line
(c) Sound effects
(d) Word balloon
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a use of color in comics?
2. What color of light is created by adding all three additive primaries?
3. The bold lines, obtuse angles and heavy blacks in Dick Tracy were meant to suggest a _________ of adults.
4. Whose artwork incorporated mad lines to create crazy toddler?
5. In the structure of a comic, where can senses and emotions be portrayed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can an artist depict emotion in a comic?
2. What are the advantages of color in comics?
3. How can a word balloon vary?
4. Does the six-step path need to be completed in a specific order?
5. Why was the four-color process created?
6. Why do people think words and pictures together is more simplistic than either art individually?
7. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
8. Describe the typical artist who finds idea/purpose after creating art.
9. How can words and pictures together create a more meaningful message than each individually?
10. What happened after the birth of Expressionism?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)