|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an additive primary?
2. Whose artwork incorporated mad lines to create crazy toddler?
(a) R. Crumb
(b) Carl Bark
(c) Krystine Kryttre
(d) Chester Gould
3. What color technique can be used to add depth?
(a) tones only
(b) tones and modelling
(c) neither tones nor modelling
(d) modelling only
4. Words and pictures have historically been thought of as base or simplistic. As a result of this mindset, current works of words and pictures have been base and simplistic. This is an example of what psychological phenomenon?
(a) Ecological fallacy
(b) Confirmation bias
(c) Learned helplessness
(d) Self-fulfilling prophecy
5. The bold lines, obtuse angles and heavy blacks in Dick Tracy were meant to suggest a _________ of adults.
(a) optimistic, dramatic attitude
(b) bleak, neutral attitude
(c) grim, deadly attitude
(d) profitable, kind attitude
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a storyteller who says something through comics and controlling their medium?
2. Who said, "Art does not reproduce the visible; rather it makes visible?"
3. Which French pianist devised the idea of three subtractive primaries?
4. Aside from the central figure in an image, where else can emotion be depicted?
5. Whose uneven lines pantomimed the inner struggles of modern life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was one result of the color printing used for superheroes?
2. Describe the process of creating art using the six-step path.
3. Why do people think words and pictures together is more simplistic than either art individually?
4. How can a word balloon vary?
5. What is an advantage of combining words and pictures together, as in comics?
6. What are the advantages of color in comics?
7. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
8. Describe the origin of words.
9. Does the six-step path need to be completed in a specific order?
10. Describe the typical artist who finds idea/purpose after creating art.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)