|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said, "Art does not reproduce the visible; rather it makes visible?"
(a) Paul Klee
(b) Richard Wagner
(c) French poet Baudelaire
(d) Wassily Kandinsky
2. What combination has both words and pictures that send the same message?
3. Who was the creator of Uncle $crooge?
(a) R. Crumb
(b) Krystine Kryttre
(c) Carl Park
(d) Chester Gould
4. What aspect of comics has been especially sensitive to changes in technology?
5. In what year were the three additive primaries isolated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work often evoked a world of depravity and morbid decay through dense puddles of ink and fraying linework?
2. What kind of combination uses words and pictures on separate courses with no intersection?
3. What step determines whether the art will be a book, a sculpture or a song?
4. What combination has words that amplify or elaborate on an image, or vice versa?
5. One property of flat colors is a tendency to emphasize the _____ of animate and inanimate objects
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people think words and pictures together is more simplistic than either art individually?
2. In panels rich with images, why would an artist add words?
3. What are the disadvantages of color in comics?
4. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
5. What are the advantages of color in comics?
6. How can an artist depict emotion in a comic?
7. Why was the four-color process created?
8. Describe the origin of words.
9. Describe the typical artist who finds idea/purpose after creating art.
10. What three aspects of art benefit humans from an evolutionary standpoint?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)