|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT an example of possible primitive art?
(a) Running from a sabertooth tiger
(b) Beating a pair of stones together
(c) Drawing lines in the dirt with a stick
(d) Kicking and moving arms
2. Comics printing was superior on which continent?
(a) North America
3. Which color is NOT a subtractive primary?
4. What is the most widely-used, most complex, and most versatile synaesthetic icon?
(a) Motion line
(b) Word balloon
(d) Sound effects
5. Which blatantly expressionistic artist created The Underground?
(a) Carl Bark
(b) Rory Hayes
(c) Robert Crumb
(d) Charles Schultz
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a form of self-expression and communication?
2. What step is the genre or school of art to which the work belongs?
3. What fruit is used to illustrate the path of creating art?
4. Which of the following is NOT listed as a flat-color master?
5. What step puts it all together - edits the work for content, arrangement and composition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the origin of words.
2. What are the disadvantages of color in comics?
3. How can an artist depict emotion in a comic?
4. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
5. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
6. Describe the typical artist who finds idea/purpose after creating art.
7. What is an advantage of combining words and pictures together, as in comics?
8. What are the advantages of color in comics?
9. What three aspects of art benefit humans from an evolutionary standpoint?
10. In panels rich with images, why would an artist add words?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)