|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a benefit from non-basic human activities such as art?
(a) Leads to useful discoveries
(b) Provides emotional outlets
(c) Provides exercise for minds and bodies
(d) All of these
2. Which of the following artists was NOT known for a more subjective palette?
3. What step puts it all together - edits the work for content, arrangement and composition?
4. The mixing of words and pictures is more _______ than _______.
(a) alchemy; science
(b) mathematics; psychology
(c) mathematics; alchemy
(d) psychology; science
5. Which of the following activity does not grow out of basic human instincts?
(c) fight or flight
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first step of art creation, the one that contains the work's content, emotions and philosophies?
2. What step constructs the work by applying skills, practical knowledge, invention, and problem-solving?
3. What Scottish physicist isolated the three additive primaries?
4. What kind of combination treats words as integral parts of the picture?
5. Which of the following is true, according to historical evidence?
Short Essay Questions
1. How can a word balloon vary?
2. Does the six-step path need to be completed in a specific order?
3. What are the advantages of color in comics?
4. What are the disadvantages of color in comics?
5. What was one result of the color printing used for superheroes?
6. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
7. How can backgrounds indicate invisible ideas such as emotions?
8. Why do people think words and pictures together is more simplistic than either art individually?
9. Why was the four-color process created?
10. Describe the typical artist who starts with an idea/purpose and then creates art.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)