|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drew Dick Tracy?
(a) Carl Bark
(b) R. Crumb
(c) Krystine Kryttre
(d) Chester Gould
2. Which of the following is NOT an example of possible primitive art?
(a) Drawing lines in the dirt with a stick
(b) Kicking and moving arms
(c) Beating a pair of stones together
(d) Running from a sabertooth tiger
3. Which style of painting was an honest expression of the internal turmoil of artists?
(c) Art deco
4. What Scottish physicist isolated the three additive primaries?
(a) Lord Kelvin
(b) Louis Ducos Du Hauron
(c) Alexander Graham Bell
(d) Sir James Clerk
5. What color technique can be used to add depth?
(a) modelling only
(b) tones and modelling
(c) tones only
(d) neither tones nor modelling
Short Answer Questions
1. Words and pictures have historically been thought of as base or simplistic. As a result of this mindset, current works of words and pictures have been base and simplistic. This is an example of what psychological phenomenon?
2. One property of flat colors is a tendency to emphasize the _____ of animate and inanimate objects
3. After impressionism, art experienced a shift away from _______ and toward _______.
4. What is the concept of uniting different art forms associated with different senses?
5. What step puts it all together - edits the work for content, arrangement and composition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem results from people believing that comics is a new form of media?
2. Why do people think words and pictures together is more simplistic than either art individually?
3. What are the disadvantages of color in comics?
4. Describe the origin of words.
5. How can an artist depict emotion in a comic?
6. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
7. Why was the four-color process created?
8. What was one result of the color printing used for superheroes?
9. Does the six-step path need to be completed in a specific order?
10. What happened to comics after the invention of printing?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)