|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What combination has both words and pictures that send the same message?
2. In the structure of a comic, where can senses and emotions be portrayed?
(a) Both between and within panels
(b) Neither between nor within panels
(c) Between panels
(d) Within panels
3. When readers discover comics for the first time, comics act as as an ___________ between storyteller and audience.
4. Which of the following contributed to the shift in resemblance towards meaning in art?
(a) All of the these
5. In the time after printing was invented, when words and pictures appeared together, how were they combined?
(a) Words and pictures co-mingled.
(b) Pictures always appeared larger.
(c) Words always appeared larger.
(d) Words and pictures stayed separate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pictures and words should have what kind of relationship?
2. What color of light is created by adding all three additive primaries?
3. Whose work often evoked a world of depravity and morbid decay through dense puddles of ink and fraying linework?
4. Which of the following activity does not grow out of basic human instincts?
5. What step constructs the work by applying skills, practical knowledge, invention, and problem-solving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the typical artist who finds idea/purpose after creating art.
2. How can words and pictures together create a more meaningful message than each individually?
3. In panels rich with images, why would an artist add words?
4. Does the six-step path need to be completed in a specific order?
5. What was one result of the color printing used for superheroes?
6. What happened to comics after the invention of printing?
7. How can backgrounds indicate invisible ideas such as emotions?
8. What are the advantages of color in comics?
9. What three aspects of art benefit humans from an evolutionary standpoint?
10. How can a word balloon vary?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)