|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What step is the genre or school of art to which the work belongs?
2. Which of the following is NOT a way to vary word balloons?
(b) Lettering style
(d) All of the above
3. What is the concept of uniting different art forms associated with different senses?
4. The masters of flat-color comics are also masters of what?
(a) Idiom and meaning
(b) Form and composition
(c) Shading and structure
(d) Purpose and surface
5. Each new medium begins by imitating its _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the core of a work of art?
2. In the structure of a comic, where can senses and emotions be portrayed?
3. What Scottish physicist isolated the three additive primaries?
4. The standard ______ color process was introduced to help control color costs and streamline the process.
5. What combination has both words and pictures that send the same message?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to comics after the invention of printing?
2. In Chapter 7, how does McCloud see, or define, art?
3. What is an advantage of combining words and pictures together, as in comics?
4. Describe the typical artist who finds idea/purpose after creating art.
5. How can an artist depict emotion in a comic?
6. What three aspects of art benefit humans from an evolutionary standpoint?
7. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
8. Why was the four-color process created?
9. Describe the process of creating art using the six-step path.
10. How can words and pictures together create a more meaningful message than each individually?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)