|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most widely-used, most complex, and most versatile synaesthetic icon?
(b) Word balloon
(c) Motion line
(d) Sound effects
2. Which of the following is NOT an additive primary?
3. The standard ______ color process was introduced to help control color costs and streamline the process.
4. What fruit is used to illustrate the path of creating art?
5. Whose artwork incorporated mad lines to create crazy toddler?
(a) Krystine Kryttre
(b) Chester Gould
(c) R. Crumb
(d) Carl Bark
Short Answer Questions
1. What combination has words that amplify or elaborate on an image, or vice versa?
2. What is the core of a work of art?
3. Which blatantly expressionistic artist created The Underground?
4. Flat color can make shapes, figures and backgrounds more ________.
5. Which of the following is a use of color in comics?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the four-color process created?
2. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
3. Describe the origin of words.
4. Describe the process of creating art using the six-step path.
5. Why do people think words and pictures together is more simplistic than either art individually?
6. Does the six-step path need to be completed in a specific order?
7. How can words and pictures together create a more meaningful message than each individually?
8. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
9. How can backgrounds indicate invisible ideas such as emotions?
10. What happened to comics after the invention of printing?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)