|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What combination has both words and pictures that send the same message?
2. What is the core of a work of art?
(a) None of these
3. The masters of flat-color comics are also masters of what?
(a) Form and composition
(b) Shading and structure
(c) Idiom and meaning
(d) Purpose and surface
4. What step finishes the first superficial exposure to the work?
5. Whose uneven lines pantomimed the inner struggles of modern life?
(a) Jose Munoz
(b) Jules Feiffer
Short Answer Questions
1. The pursuit of truth can be seen as the foundation of which of the following?
2. What combination has words add a soundtrack to a largely complete picture?
3. The standard ______ color process was introduced to help control color costs and streamline the process.
4. Which of the following is a use of color in comics?
5. In the time after printing was invented, when words and pictures appeared together, how were they combined?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was one result of the color printing used for superheroes?
2. What happened to comics after the invention of printing?
3. In panels rich with images, why would an artist add words?
4. How can an artist depict emotion in a comic?
5. Describe the process of creating art using the six-step path.
6. Why do people think words and pictures together is more simplistic than either art individually?
7. What three aspects of art benefit humans from an evolutionary standpoint?
8. How can backgrounds indicate invisible ideas such as emotions?
9. Describe the typical artist who starts with an idea/purpose and then creates art.
10. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)