|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came up with the first symbols to record certain commodities?
(a) Egyptian accountants
(b) Sumerians in ancient Mesopotamia
(c) Ancient Greeks
(d) Roman rulers
2. Flat color can make shapes, figures and backgrounds more ________.
3. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a storyteller who says something through comics and controlling their medium?
(d) All of these
4. The mixing of words and pictures is more _______ than _______.
(a) psychology; science
(b) alchemy; science
(c) mathematics; alchemy
(d) mathematics; psychology
5. Which color is NOT a subtractive primary?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first step of art creation, the one that contains the work's content, emotions and philosophies?
2. The combination of printed art and literature has traditionally been thought of as a style for which audience?
3. What combination has words add a soundtrack to a largely complete picture?
4. What step determines whether the art will be a book, a sculpture or a song?
5. Who drew Dick Tracy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the advantages of color in comics?
2. How can backgrounds indicate invisible ideas such as emotions?
3. What three aspects of art benefit humans from an evolutionary standpoint?
4. What is synaesthetics?
5. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
6. Why was the four-color process created?
7. Describe the typical artist who starts with an idea/purpose and then creates art.
8. What happened to comics after the invention of printing?
9. In panels rich with images, why would an artist add words?
10. What are the disadvantages of color in comics?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)