|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a benefit from non-basic human activities such as art?
(a) All of these
(b) Provides emotional outlets
(c) Leads to useful discoveries
(d) Provides exercise for minds and bodies
2. Which color is NOT a subtractive primary?
3. Which of the following is NOT listed as a flat-color master?
4. After impressionism, art experienced a shift away from _______ and toward _______.
(a) picture plane; meaning
(b) meaning; picture plane
(c) resemblance; meaning
(d) picture plane; resemblance
5. Who came up with the first symbols to record certain commodities?
(a) Egyptian accountants
(b) Roman rulers
(c) Ancient Greeks
(d) Sumerians in ancient Mesopotamia
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way to vary word balloons?
2. Which French pianist devised the idea of three subtractive primaries?
3. Which of the following is a use of color in comics?
4. What step is the genre or school of art to which the work belongs?
5. Which of the following is NOT an additive primary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
2. What problem results from people believing that comics is a new form of media?
3. How can backgrounds indicate invisible ideas such as emotions?
4. What are the disadvantages of color in comics?
5. How can words and pictures together create a more meaningful message than each individually?
6. In panels rich with images, why would an artist add words?
7. What is synaesthetics?
8. Does the six-step path need to be completed in a specific order?
9. Why do people think words and pictures together is more simplistic than either art individually?
10. What happened to comics after the invention of printing?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)