|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flat color can make shapes, figures and backgrounds more ________.
2. What color technique can be used to add depth?
(a) neither tones nor modelling
(b) tones only
(c) modelling only
(d) tones and modelling
3. Who was the creator of Uncle $crooge?
(a) Carl Park
(b) Krystine Kryttre
(c) Chester Gould
(d) R. Crumb
4. Who said, "Art does not reproduce the visible; rather it makes visible?"
(a) French poet Baudelaire
(b) Paul Klee
(c) Richard Wagner
(d) Wassily Kandinsky
5. Whose artwork incorporated mad lines to create crazy toddler?
(a) Krystine Kryttre
(b) R. Crumb
(c) Chester Gould
(d) Carl Bark
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of comics has been especially sensitive to changes in technology?
2. Whose work often evoked a world of depravity and morbid decay through dense puddles of ink and fraying linework?
3. Which of the following is not a benefit from non-basic human activities such as art?
4. What did Eisner call a desperation device?
5. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a pioneer or revolutionary whose art became the purpose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does the six-step path need to be completed in a specific order?
2. What is an advantage of combining words and pictures together, as in comics?
3. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
4. What are the disadvantages of color in comics?
5. What are the advantages of color in comics?
6. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
7. What is synaesthetics?
8. How can a word balloon vary?
9. Describe the origin of words.
10. In panels rich with images, why would an artist add words?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)