|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color technique can be used to add depth?
(a) modelling only
(b) tones only
(c) tones and modelling
(d) neither tones nor modelling
2. What drawing style did Jooste Swarte use to depict cool sophistication and irony?
(a) Crisp elegant lines and jazzy designs
(b) Large gutters and thin uneven lines
(c) Polite jagged lines
(d) Thick black lines
3. What is the concept of uniting different art forms associated with different senses?
4. In the time after the printing press, which art form was obsessed with resemblance, light and color?
(a) Visual arts
(c) Spoken word
(d) Written word
5. What is the first step of art creation, the one that contains the work's content, emotions and philosophies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What step constructs the work by applying skills, practical knowledge, invention, and problem-solving?
2. Flat color can make shapes, figures and backgrounds more ________.
3. The standard ______ color process was introduced to help control color costs and streamline the process.
4. What kind of combination treats words as integral parts of the picture?
5. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a pioneer or revolutionary whose art became the purpose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the difference between the additive primaries and the subtractive primaries.
2. How can words and pictures together create a more meaningful message than each individually?
3. Why was the four-color process created?
4. Why do people think words and pictures together is more simplistic than either art individually?
5. Describe the process of creating art using the six-step path.
6. How does McCloud feel about color and comics?
7. What is an advantage of combining words and pictures together, as in comics?
8. How can backgrounds indicate invisible ideas such as emotions?
9. What happened after the birth of Expressionism?
10. What are the disadvantages of color in comics?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)