|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides sound, which of the following can represent a span of time in a single panel ?
(a) Silent captions
(b) Motion lines
(c) Borderless panels
(d) Wider gutters
2. In comics, words represent that which can only exist in time, _______.
3. Which of the following icons are fluid and variable in how realistic they are?
4. This effect of contrasting characters and backgrounds is used by which of the following?
(a) Jacques Tardi
(b) All of the following
5. Which artist was the first to depict motion by using a single line?
Short Answer Questions
1. Using the pictorial vocabulary pyramid, Mary Fleener's style is NOT typically comprised of ________.
2. Panel shapes affect which of the following?
3. Which is an example of our ability to extend our identities into inanimate objects?
4. What object is painted in "The Treachery of Images?"
5. What invention had a significant effect on comics?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does McCloud think single panels should be considered comic art?
2. For what do Japanese mainstream comics use aspect-to-aspect transitions?
3. Why is "juxtaposed static images in deliberate sequence" not a thorough definition of comics?
4. Does McCloud think that non-sequitur transitions are possible?
5. What is the difference between closure of electronic media and closure in comics?
6. How can an artist depict time in comics?
7. Is there a difference between an animated movie and comics?
8. According to McCloud, why is closure important?
9. How could an artist lengthen a pause in the conversation between two characters?
10. How do people commit closure in electronic media such as a a film?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)