|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following can lengthen the pause between panels?
(a) All of the above
(b) The space between panels
(c) The number of panels
(d) The content of the panels
2. Which of the following point in time of the panel is represented by where your eyes are focused?
3. How are Egyptian paintings read?
(a) Right to left
(b) Up to down
(c) Left to right
4. Comic readers are conditioned by real life and other media to expect a _______ progression in comics.
5. What is the most common type of transition in the most storytelling technique used in comics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What transition features a single subject in distinct progressions?
2. Which pair of words does not relate to each other, in terms of comic style?
3. What is the phenomenon of observing the parts but perceiving the whole?
4. Who is the author of the book?
5. When does the author begin practicing to be a comics artist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author introduce the Margritte painting, "The Treachery of Images"?
2. Give examples of the three different types of icons.
3. Describe the author's first impressions of comics as a child.
4. Describe what cartooning style is.
5. Is there a difference between an animated movie and comics?
6. What is the difference between closure of electronic media and closure in comics?
7. Why is "juxtaposed static images in deliberate sequence" not a thorough definition of comics?
8. What are the three most popular transitions in mainstream Western comics and why?
9. What is McCloud's notion of the Picture Plane?
10. What is McCloud's explanation for why the human mind has little difficulty converting shapes and images into faces?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)