|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The creation of work in any medium will follow a certain path containing how many steps?
2. Which of the following is NOT an additive primary?
3. In the structure of a comic, where can senses and emotions be portrayed?
(a) Within panels
(b) Both between and within panels
(c) Between panels
(d) Neither between nor within panels
4. Which of the following is NOT listed as a flat-color master?
5. Which color is NOT a subtractive primary?
6. Which of the following is not a benefit from non-basic human activities such as art?
(a) Provides emotional outlets
(b) All of these
(c) Leads to useful discoveries
(d) Provides exercise for minds and bodies
7. Which of the following is NOT a way to vary word balloons?
(c) All of the above
(d) Lettering style
8. Which French pianist devised the idea of three subtractive primaries?
(a) Louis Ducos Du Hauron
(b) Alexander Graham Bell
(c) Sir James Clerk
(d) Lord Kelvin
9. What combination has both words and pictures that send the same message?
10. The mixing of words and pictures is more _______ than _______.
(a) psychology; science
(b) mathematics; alchemy
(c) alchemy; science
(d) mathematics; psychology
11. Flat color can make shapes, figures and backgrounds more ________.
12. Which of the following contributed to the shift in resemblance towards meaning in art?
(b) All of the these
13. What is the most widely-used, most complex, and most versatile synaesthetic icon?
(a) Sound effects
(b) Motion line
(c) Word balloon
14. What combination has pictures that illustrate but don't significantly add to a largely complete text?
15. In black and white, the ideas ______ the art are communicated more ______.
(a) in front of; directly
(b) behind; indirectly
(c) behind; directly
(d) in front of; indirectly
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of combination uses words and pictures on separate courses with no intersection?
2. Pictures and words should have what kind of relationship?
3. What step puts it all together - edits the work for content, arrangement and composition?
4. In what year were the three additive primaries isolated?
5. One property of flat colors is a tendency to emphasize the _____ of animate and inanimate objects
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)