|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Each new medium begins by imitating its _______.
2. What drawing style did Jooste Swarte use to depict cool sophistication and irony?
(a) Polite jagged lines
(b) Crisp elegant lines and jazzy designs
(c) Large gutters and thin uneven lines
(d) Thick black lines
3. Which of the following contributed to the shift in resemblance towards meaning in art?
(a) All of the these
4. What step finishes the first superficial exposure to the work?
5. Who said, "Art does not reproduce the visible; rather it makes visible?"
(a) Paul Klee
(b) Richard Wagner
(c) Wassily Kandinsky
(d) French poet Baudelaire
6. The four color process on better paper created what kind of results?
7. The combination of printed art and literature has traditionally been thought of as a style for which audience?
8. What is the concept of uniting different art forms associated with different senses?
9. What step is the genre or school of art to which the work belongs?
10. In black and white, the ideas ______ the art are communicated more ______.
(a) behind; directly
(b) behind; indirectly
(c) in front of; indirectly
(d) in front of; directly
11. The standard ______ color process was introduced to help control color costs and streamline the process.
12. Which style of painting was an honest expression of the internal turmoil of artists?
(d) Art deco
13. What fruit is used to illustrate the path of creating art?
14. What kind of combination uses words and pictures on separate courses with no intersection?
15. Which of the following is NOT listed as a flat-color master?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which artist incorporated neurotic quill-lines into his/her work?
2. What combination has words that amplify or elaborate on an image, or vice versa?
3. What color technique can be used to add depth?
4. In the time after printing was invented, when words and pictures appeared together, how were they combined?
5. In what year were the three additive primaries isolated?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)