|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After impressionism, art experienced a shift away from _______ and toward _______.
(a) meaning; picture plane
(b) picture plane; meaning
(c) picture plane; resemblance
(d) resemblance; meaning
2. What color technique can be used to add depth?
(a) tones only
(b) tones and modelling
(c) modelling only
(d) neither tones nor modelling
3. What is the most widely-used, most complex, and most versatile synaesthetic icon?
(a) Motion line
(c) Word balloon
(d) Sound effects
4. The pursuit of truth can be seen as the foundation of which of the following?
(b) All of these
5. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a pioneer or revolutionary whose art became the purpose?
(a) All of these
6. What step puts it all together - edits the work for content, arrangement and composition?
7. Who was the creator of Uncle $crooge?
(a) R. Crumb
(b) Krystine Kryttre
(c) Carl Park
(d) Chester Gould
8. Which artist incorporated neurotic quill-lines into his/her work?
(a) Krystine Kryttre
(b) R. Crumb
(c) Chester Gould
(d) Carl Bark
9. The masters of flat-color comics are also masters of what?
(a) Idiom and meaning
(b) Shading and structure
(c) Purpose and surface
(d) Form and composition
10. Each new medium begins by imitating its _______.
11. What kind of combination uses words and pictures on separate courses with no intersection?
12. The mixing of words and pictures is more _______ than _______.
(a) psychology; science
(b) mathematics; psychology
(c) alchemy; science
(d) mathematics; alchemy
13. Which of the following activity does not grow out of basic human instincts?
(c) fight or flight
14. Which of the following is NOT a form of self-expression and communication?
(c) None of these
15. Pictures and words should have what kind of relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work often evoked a world of depravity and morbid decay through dense puddles of ink and fraying linework?
2. Whose artwork incorporated mad lines to create crazy toddler?
3. Which is true of most written languages?
4. What Scottish physicist isolated the three additive primaries?
5. Which of the following artists was NOT known for a more subjective palette?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)