|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following contributed to the shift in resemblance towards meaning in art?
(d) All of the these
2. Aside from the central figure in an image, where else can emotion be depicted?
(c) Silent caption
3. One property of flat colors is a tendency to emphasize the _____ of animate and inanimate objects
4. What fruit is used to illustrate the path of creating art?
5. Words and pictures have historically been thought of as base or simplistic. As a result of this mindset, current works of words and pictures have been base and simplistic. This is an example of what psychological phenomenon?
(a) Ecological fallacy
(b) Confirmation bias
(c) Self-fulfilling prophecy
(d) Learned helplessness
6. What Scottish physicist isolated the three additive primaries?
(a) Lord Kelvin
(b) Louis Ducos Du Hauron
(c) Sir James Clerk
(d) Alexander Graham Bell
7. What color of light is created by adding all three additive primaries?
8. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a pioneer or revolutionary whose art became the purpose?
(c) All of these
9. Who drew Dick Tracy?
(a) R. Crumb
(b) Carl Bark
(c) Krystine Kryttre
(d) Chester Gould
10. Which of the following is a use of color in comics?
(a) To create a sensation
(b) All of these
(c) To express a mood
(d) To add depth
11. Which of the following is NOT a way to vary word balloons?
(c) All of the above
(d) Lettering style
12. When readers discover comics for the first time, comics act as as an ___________ between storyteller and audience.
13. Which is true of most written languages?
(a) They are not abstract.
(b) They represent sound only and lose resemblance to the visible world.
(c) They bear traces of their ancient pictorial heritage (e.g. Chinese).
(d) They sound how they look.
14. Each new medium begins by imitating its _______.
15. What combination has pictures that illustrate but don't significantly add to a largely complete text?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pictures and words should have what kind of relationship?
2. What is the concept of uniting different art forms associated with different senses?
3. What step puts it all together - edits the work for content, arrangement and composition?
4. After impressionism, art experienced a shift away from _______ and toward _______.
5. What kind of combination treats words as integral parts of the picture?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)