|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the structure of a comic, where can senses and emotions be portrayed?
(a) Within panels
(b) Both between and within panels
(c) Neither between nor within panels
(d) Between panels
2. In what year were the three additive primaries isolated?
3. In black and white, the ideas ______ the art are communicated more ______.
(a) in front of; directly
(b) behind; directly
(c) behind; indirectly
(d) in front of; indirectly
4. The four color process on better paper created what kind of results?
5. The pursuit of truth can be seen as the foundation of which of the following?
(d) All of these
6. Who came up with the first symbols to record certain commodities?
(a) Roman rulers
(b) Ancient Greeks
(c) Sumerians in ancient Mesopotamia
(d) Egyptian accountants
7. The mixing of words and pictures is more _______ than _______.
(a) mathematics; alchemy
(b) alchemy; science
(c) mathematics; psychology
(d) psychology; science
8. Which color is NOT a subtractive primary?
9. Which of the following is NOT an additive primary?
10. Comics printing was superior on which continent?
(a) North America
11. The order and emphasis of which two steps demonstrates the most dramatic difference?
(a) Idiom and idea/purpose
(b) Form and structure
(c) Form and idea/purpose
(d) Idiom and Form
12. Which of the following is NOT a form of self-expression and communication?
(a) None of these
13. What color technique can be used to add depth?
(a) tones and modelling
(b) neither tones nor modelling
(c) modelling only
(d) tones only
14. Which of the following is not a benefit from non-basic human activities such as art?
(a) Provides exercise for minds and bodies
(b) All of these
(c) Leads to useful discoveries
(d) Provides emotional outlets
15. What aspect of comics has been especially sensitive to changes in technology?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most widely-used, most complex, and most versatile synaesthetic icon?
2. Who said, "Art does not reproduce the visible; rather it makes visible?"
3. What kind of combination uses words and pictures on separate courses with no intersection?
4. What is the most common type of combination where words and pictures go hand in hand to convey an idea that neither could convey alone?
5. What did Eisner call a desperation device?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)