|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activity does not grow out of basic human instincts?
(a) fight or flight
2. In the structure of a comic, where can senses and emotions be portrayed?
(a) Between panels
(b) Both between and within panels
(c) Neither between nor within panels
(d) Within panels
3. The standard ______ color process was introduced to help control color costs and streamline the process.
4. Which French pianist devised the idea of three subtractive primaries?
(a) Alexander Graham Bell
(b) Lord Kelvin
(c) Louis Ducos Du Hauron
(d) Sir James Clerk
5. The mixing of words and pictures is more _______ than _______.
(a) mathematics; alchemy
(b) mathematics; psychology
(c) alchemy; science
(d) psychology; science
6. The bold lines, obtuse angles and heavy blacks in Dick Tracy were meant to suggest a _________ of adults.
(a) grim, deadly attitude
(b) bleak, neutral attitude
(c) profitable, kind attitude
(d) optimistic, dramatic attitude
7. Which of the following is true, according to historical evidence?
(a) Written word predates pictures.
(b) Pictures predate written word.
(c) Pictures and spoken word developed simultaneously.
(d) Written word predate spoken word.
8. What combination has words add a soundtrack to a largely complete picture?
9. Aside from the central figure in an image, where else can emotion be depicted?
(d) Silent caption
10. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a pioneer or revolutionary whose art became the purpose?
(a) All of these
11. What is the most widely-used, most complex, and most versatile synaesthetic icon?
(a) Word balloon
(b) Motion line
(c) Sound effects
12. What color of light is created by adding all three additive primaries?
13. In the time after the printing press, which art form was obsessed with resemblance, light and color?
(a) Visual arts
(b) Spoken word
(d) Written word
14. Which of the following contributed to the shift in resemblance towards meaning in art?
(a) All of the these
15. What combination has both words and pictures that send the same message?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which blatantly expressionistic artist created The Underground?
2. What is the first step of art creation, the one that contains the work's content, emotions and philosophies?
3. What kind of combination uses words and pictures on separate courses with no intersection?
4. Which of the following is NOT an additive primary?
5. What step determines whether the art will be a book, a sculpture or a song?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)