|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following artists was NOT known for a more subjective palette?
2. Aside from the central figure in an image, where else can emotion be depicted?
(a) Silent caption
3. Whose uneven lines pantomimed the inner struggles of modern life?
(b) Jules Feiffer
(c) Jose Munoz
4. Which of the following is not a benefit from non-basic human activities such as art?
(a) All of these
(b) Leads to useful discoveries
(c) Provides exercise for minds and bodies
(d) Provides emotional outlets
5. Comics printing was superior on which continent?
(d) North America
6. Who drew Dick Tracy?
(a) Carl Bark
(b) R. Crumb
(c) Chester Gould
(d) Krystine Kryttre
7. What is the most widely-used, most complex, and most versatile synaesthetic icon?
(b) Sound effects
(c) Motion line
(d) Word balloon
8. What combination has words add a soundtrack to a largely complete picture?
9. What Scottish physicist isolated the three additive primaries?
(a) Lord Kelvin
(b) Sir James Clerk
(c) Louis Ducos Du Hauron
(d) Alexander Graham Bell
10. Which of the following activity does not grow out of basic human instincts?
(a) fight or flight
11. Which artist incorporated neurotic quill-lines into his/her work?
(a) R. Crumb
(b) Chester Gould
(c) Krystine Kryttre
(d) Carl Bark
12. What color of light is created by adding all three additive primaries?
13. In the time after printing was invented, when words and pictures appeared together, how were they combined?
(a) Words and pictures stayed separate.
(b) Pictures always appeared larger.
(c) Words always appeared larger.
(d) Words and pictures co-mingled.
14. When readers discover comics for the first time, comics act as as an ___________ between storyteller and audience.
15. Which of the following is NOT listed as a flat-color master?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the core of a work of art?
2. The pursuit of truth can be seen as the foundation of which of the following?
3. In black and white, the ideas ______ the art are communicated more ______.
4. After impressionism, art experienced a shift away from _______ and toward _______.
5. The order and emphasis of which two steps demonstrates the most dramatic difference?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)