|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way to vary word balloons?
(a) All of the above
(b) Lettering style
2. Whose uneven lines pantomimed the inner struggles of modern life?
(c) Jose Munoz
(d) Jules Feiffer
3. The creation of work in any medium will follow a certain path containing how many steps?
4. In what year were the three additive primaries isolated?
5. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a pioneer or revolutionary whose art became the purpose?
(a) All of these
6. What is the first step of art creation, the one that contains the work's content, emotions and philosophies?
7. The mixing of words and pictures is more _______ than _______.
(a) mathematics; psychology
(b) psychology; science
(c) mathematics; alchemy
(d) alchemy; science
8. What combination has words that amplify or elaborate on an image, or vice versa?
9. Who was the creator of Uncle $crooge?
(a) R. Crumb
(b) Carl Park
(c) Chester Gould
(d) Krystine Kryttre
10. What drawing style did Jooste Swarte use to depict cool sophistication and irony?
(a) Crisp elegant lines and jazzy designs
(b) Thick black lines
(c) Large gutters and thin uneven lines
(d) Polite jagged lines
11. Each new medium begins by imitating its _______.
12. When readers discover comics for the first time, comics act as as an ___________ between storyteller and audience.
13. Whose artwork incorporated mad lines to create crazy toddler?
(a) Chester Gould
(b) Carl Bark
(c) Krystine Kryttre
(d) R. Crumb
14. In the structure of a comic, where can senses and emotions be portrayed?
(a) Both between and within panels
(b) Between panels
(c) Neither between nor within panels
(d) Within panels
15. What color of light is created by adding all three additive primaries?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a form of self-expression and communication?
2. What Scottish physicist isolated the three additive primaries?
3. What step determines whether the art will be a book, a sculpture or a song?
4. What is the most widely-used, most complex, and most versatile synaesthetic icon?
5. What color technique can be used to add depth?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)