|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Eisner call a desperation device?
(a) Sound effects
(b) Motion line
(d) Word balloon
2. What aspect of comics has been especially sensitive to changes in technology?
3. What step finishes the first superficial exposure to the work?
4. Which of the following is NOT a way to vary word balloons?
(c) Lettering style
(d) All of the above
5. Which of the following is NOT an example of possible primitive art?
(a) Kicking and moving arms
(b) Drawing lines in the dirt with a stick
(c) Running from a sabertooth tiger
(d) Beating a pair of stones together
6. Which of the following is NOT a form of self-expression and communication?
(b) None of these
7. What kind of combination treats words as integral parts of the picture?
(d) Word specific
8. The mixing of words and pictures is more _______ than _______.
(a) alchemy; science
(b) mathematics; psychology
(c) psychology; science
(d) mathematics; alchemy
9. The masters of flat-color comics are also masters of what?
(a) Purpose and surface
(b) Form and composition
(c) Shading and structure
(d) Idiom and meaning
10. The combination of printed art and literature has traditionally been thought of as a style for which audience?
11. What color technique can be used to add depth?
(a) tones and modelling
(b) tones only
(c) modelling only
(d) neither tones nor modelling
12. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a storyteller who says something through comics and controlling their medium?
(a) All of these
13. What color of light is created by adding all three additive primaries?
14. What step constructs the work by applying skills, practical knowledge, invention, and problem-solving?
15. In the time after printing was invented, when words and pictures appeared together, how were they combined?
(a) Words and pictures co-mingled.
(b) Words always appeared larger.
(c) Pictures always appeared larger.
(d) Words and pictures stayed separate.
Short Answer Questions
1. One property of flat colors is a tendency to emphasize the _____ of animate and inanimate objects
2. Which blatantly expressionistic artist created The Underground?
3. Flat color can make shapes, figures and backgrounds more ________.
4. Which of the following contributed to the shift in resemblance towards meaning in art?
5. Which color is NOT a subtractive primary?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)