|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The pursuit of truth can be seen as the foundation of which of the following?
(b) All of these
2. What kind of combination treats words as integral parts of the picture?
(c) Word specific
3. Words and pictures have historically been thought of as base or simplistic. As a result of this mindset, current works of words and pictures have been base and simplistic. This is an example of what psychological phenomenon?
(a) Self-fulfilling prophecy
(b) Confirmation bias
(c) Learned helplessness
(d) Ecological fallacy
4. In the time after printing was invented, when words and pictures appeared together, how were they combined?
(a) Words and pictures co-mingled.
(b) Words always appeared larger.
(c) Pictures always appeared larger.
(d) Words and pictures stayed separate.
5. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a pioneer or revolutionary whose art became the purpose?
(d) All of these
6. Which blatantly expressionistic artist created The Underground?
(a) Charles Schultz
(b) Rory Hayes
(c) Carl Bark
(d) Robert Crumb
7. The combination of printed art and literature has traditionally been thought of as a style for which audience?
8. In what year were the three additive primaries isolated?
9. The bold lines, obtuse angles and heavy blacks in Dick Tracy were meant to suggest a _________ of adults.
(a) bleak, neutral attitude
(b) optimistic, dramatic attitude
(c) grim, deadly attitude
(d) profitable, kind attitude
10. One property of flat colors is a tendency to emphasize the _____ of animate and inanimate objects
11. The four color process on better paper created what kind of results?
12. Which is true of most written languages?
(a) They bear traces of their ancient pictorial heritage (e.g. Chinese).
(b) They are not abstract.
(c) They sound how they look.
(d) They represent sound only and lose resemblance to the visible world.
13. When readers discover comics for the first time, comics act as as an ___________ between storyteller and audience.
14. Pictures and words should have what kind of relationship?
15. Which color is NOT a subtractive primary?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the concept of uniting different art forms associated with different senses?
2. What combination has both words and pictures that send the same message?
3. Which of the following is NOT an example of possible primitive art?
4. Which of the following is true, according to historical evidence?
5. Which style of painting was an honest expression of the internal turmoil of artists?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)