|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The pursuit of truth can be seen as the foundation of which of the following?
(b) All of these
2. Which of the following is a use of color in comics?
(a) All of these
(b) To create a sensation
(c) To add depth
(d) To express a mood
3. Who drew Dick Tracy?
(a) Chester Gould
(b) R. Crumb
(c) Krystine Kryttre
(d) Carl Bark
4. Comics printing was superior on which continent?
(b) North America
5. Which of the following is not a benefit from non-basic human activities such as art?
(a) Provides emotional outlets
(b) Provides exercise for minds and bodies
(c) Leads to useful discoveries
(d) All of these
6. The combination of printed art and literature has traditionally been thought of as a style for which audience?
7. In what year were the three additive primaries isolated?
8. What is the most common type of combination where words and pictures go hand in hand to convey an idea that neither could convey alone?
9. The masters of flat-color comics are also masters of what?
(a) Form and composition
(b) Shading and structure
(c) Purpose and surface
(d) Idiom and meaning
10. Whose work often evoked a world of depravity and morbid decay through dense puddles of ink and fraying linework?
(a) Jose Munoz
(d) Jules Feiffer
11. Flat color can make shapes, figures and backgrounds more ________.
12. What is the core of a work of art?
(a) None of these
13. Which blatantly expressionistic artist created The Underground?
(a) Carl Bark
(b) Robert Crumb
(c) Charles Schultz
(d) Rory Hayes
14. What color of light is created by adding all three additive primaries?
15. In black and white, the ideas ______ the art are communicated more ______.
(a) in front of; indirectly
(b) in front of; directly
(c) behind; indirectly
(d) behind; directly
Short Answer Questions
1. What combination has words that amplify or elaborate on an image, or vice versa?
2. One property of flat colors is a tendency to emphasize the _____ of animate and inanimate objects
3. Which French pianist devised the idea of three subtractive primaries?
4. Pictures and words should have what kind of relationship?
5. The mixing of words and pictures is more _______ than _______.
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)