|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In black and white, the ideas ______ the art are communicated more ______.
(a) in front of; indirectly
(b) behind; indirectly
(c) behind; directly
(d) in front of; directly
2. The four color process on better paper created what kind of results?
3. What is the most common type of combination where words and pictures go hand in hand to convey an idea that neither could convey alone?
4. Which style of painting was an honest expression of the internal turmoil of artists?
(b) Art deco
5. Which of the following is NOT an example of possible primitive art?
(a) Beating a pair of stones together
(b) Drawing lines in the dirt with a stick
(c) Running from a sabertooth tiger
(d) Kicking and moving arms
6. What step constructs the work by applying skills, practical knowledge, invention, and problem-solving?
7. What step puts it all together - edits the work for content, arrangement and composition?
8. In the structure of a comic, where can senses and emotions be portrayed?
(a) Neither between nor within panels
(b) Between panels
(c) Within panels
(d) Both between and within panels
9. The creation of work in any medium will follow a certain path containing how many steps?
10. What color technique can be used to add depth?
(a) neither tones nor modelling
(b) tones only
(c) tones and modelling
(d) modelling only
11. The standard ______ color process was introduced to help control color costs and streamline the process.
12. What is the most widely-used, most complex, and most versatile synaesthetic icon?
(a) Word balloon
(b) Motion line
(d) Sound effects
13. What is the core of a work of art?
(a) None of these
14. Who was the creator of Uncle $crooge?
(a) Chester Gould
(b) Carl Park
(c) Krystine Kryttre
(d) R. Crumb
15. Which of the following activity does not grow out of basic human instincts?
(c) fight or flight
Short Answer Questions
1. When readers discover comics for the first time, comics act as as an ___________ between storyteller and audience.
2. What step determines whether the art will be a book, a sculpture or a song?
3. The combination of printed art and literature has traditionally been thought of as a style for which audience?
4. The mixing of words and pictures is more _______ than _______.
5. What is the concept of uniting different art forms associated with different senses?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)