|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What step finishes the first superficial exposure to the work?
2. Which of the following activity does not grow out of basic human instincts?
(a) fight or flight
3. Which of the following is NOT a form of self-expression and communication?
(c) None of these
4. In the structure of a comic, where can senses and emotions be portrayed?
(a) Both between and within panels
(b) Within panels
(c) Between panels
(d) Neither between nor within panels
5. The standard ______ color process was introduced to help control color costs and streamline the process.
6. What color of light is created by adding all three additive primaries?
7. What is the most widely-used, most complex, and most versatile synaesthetic icon?
(b) Sound effects
(c) Motion line
(d) Word balloon
8. Which of the following is not a benefit from non-basic human activities such as art?
(a) All of these
(b) Leads to useful discoveries
(c) Provides emotional outlets
(d) Provides exercise for minds and bodies
9. Which is true of most written languages?
(a) They bear traces of their ancient pictorial heritage (e.g. Chinese).
(b) They represent sound only and lose resemblance to the visible world.
(c) They are not abstract.
(d) They sound how they look.
10. What is the first step of art creation, the one that contains the work's content, emotions and philosophies?
11. What combination has pictures that illustrate but don't significantly add to a largely complete text?
12. Words and pictures have historically been thought of as base or simplistic. As a result of this mindset, current works of words and pictures have been base and simplistic. This is an example of what psychological phenomenon?
(a) Confirmation bias
(b) Self-fulfilling prophecy
(c) Learned helplessness
(d) Ecological fallacy
13. In what year were the three additive primaries isolated?
14. Each new medium begins by imitating its _______.
15. Pictures and words should have what kind of relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of combination treats words as integral parts of the picture?
2. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a storyteller who says something through comics and controlling their medium?
3. Which of the following is NOT an example of possible primitive art?
4. The four color process on better paper created what kind of results?
5. Which color is NOT a subtractive primary?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)