|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following artists was NOT known for a more subjective palette?
2. Each new medium begins by imitating its _______.
3. Which is true of most written languages?
(a) They sound how they look.
(b) They are not abstract.
(c) They represent sound only and lose resemblance to the visible world.
(d) They bear traces of their ancient pictorial heritage (e.g. Chinese).
4. What is the first step of art creation, the one that contains the work's content, emotions and philosophies?
5. Which blatantly expressionistic artist created The Underground?
(a) Charles Schultz
(b) Rory Hayes
(c) Robert Crumb
(d) Carl Bark
6. Pictures and words should have what kind of relationship?
7. What is the most widely-used, most complex, and most versatile synaesthetic icon?
(a) Word balloon
(b) Motion line
(d) Sound effects
8. Whose uneven lines pantomimed the inner struggles of modern life?
(b) Jules Feiffer
(c) Jose Munoz
9. In the structure of a comic, where can senses and emotions be portrayed?
(a) Neither between nor within panels
(b) Within panels
(c) Between panels
(d) Both between and within panels
10. The order and emphasis of which two steps demonstrates the most dramatic difference?
(a) Form and idea/purpose
(b) Idiom and idea/purpose
(c) Idiom and Form
(d) Form and structure
11. The standard ______ color process was introduced to help control color costs and streamline the process.
12. What step puts it all together - edits the work for content, arrangement and composition?
13. What step constructs the work by applying skills, practical knowledge, invention, and problem-solving?
14. What fruit is used to illustrate the path of creating art?
15. What step finishes the first superficial exposure to the work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose artwork incorporated mad lines to create crazy toddler?
2. Which of the following is NOT a way to vary word balloons?
3. Flat color can make shapes, figures and backgrounds more ________.
4. Comics printing was superior on which continent?
5. In the time after the printing press, which art form was obsessed with resemblance, light and color?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)