|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a pioneer or revolutionary whose art became the purpose?
(c) All of these
2. Which of the following is NOT an additive primary?
3. In the time after printing was invented, when words and pictures appeared together, how were they combined?
(a) Words and pictures stayed separate.
(b) Words always appeared larger.
(c) Pictures always appeared larger.
(d) Words and pictures co-mingled.
4. What step constructs the work by applying skills, practical knowledge, invention, and problem-solving?
5. What color of light is created by adding all three additive primaries?
6. Which of the following activity does not grow out of basic human instincts?
(b) fight or flight
7. Which is true of most written languages?
(a) They bear traces of their ancient pictorial heritage (e.g. Chinese).
(b) They are not abstract.
(c) They represent sound only and lose resemblance to the visible world.
(d) They sound how they look.
8. The four color process on better paper created what kind of results?
9. Aside from the central figure in an image, where else can emotion be depicted?
(a) Silent caption
10. Which of the following is NOT a form of self-expression and communication?
(c) None of these
11. The creation of work in any medium will follow a certain path containing how many steps?
12. Which color is NOT a subtractive primary?
13. What combination has both words and pictures that send the same message?
14. What drawing style did Jooste Swarte use to depict cool sophistication and irony?
(a) Thick black lines
(b) Crisp elegant lines and jazzy designs
(c) Polite jagged lines
(d) Large gutters and thin uneven lines
15. In the structure of a comic, where can senses and emotions be portrayed?
(a) Both between and within panels
(b) Neither between nor within panels
(c) Within panels
(d) Between panels
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the core of a work of art?
2. What Scottish physicist isolated the three additive primaries?
3. Which blatantly expressionistic artist created The Underground?
4. Flat color can make shapes, figures and backgrounds more ________.
5. What step determines whether the art will be a book, a sculpture or a song?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)