|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drawing style did Jooste Swarte use to depict cool sophistication and irony?
(a) Thick black lines
(b) Large gutters and thin uneven lines
(c) Polite jagged lines
(d) Crisp elegant lines and jazzy designs
2. Which of the following is NOT an additive primary?
3. The order and emphasis of which two steps demonstrates the most dramatic difference?
(a) Idiom and idea/purpose
(b) Form and structure
(c) Form and idea/purpose
(d) Idiom and Form
4. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a storyteller who says something through comics and controlling their medium?
(c) All of these
5. What kind of combination uses words and pictures on separate courses with no intersection?
6. Each new medium begins by imitating its _______.
7. In the time after the printing press, which art form was obsessed with resemblance, light and color?
(a) Spoken word
(b) Written word
(d) Visual arts
8. The bold lines, obtuse angles and heavy blacks in Dick Tracy were meant to suggest a _________ of adults.
(a) optimistic, dramatic attitude
(b) grim, deadly attitude
(c) profitable, kind attitude
(d) bleak, neutral attitude
9. Which of the following is NOT listed as a flat-color master?
10. One property of flat colors is a tendency to emphasize the _____ of animate and inanimate objects
11. What color technique can be used to add depth?
(a) modelling only
(b) tones only
(c) neither tones nor modelling
(d) tones and modelling
12. Which of the following is a use of color in comics?
(a) To express a mood
(b) All of these
(c) To create a sensation
(d) To add depth
13. What step is the genre or school of art to which the work belongs?
14. What step constructs the work by applying skills, practical knowledge, invention, and problem-solving?
15. What is the concept of uniting different art forms associated with different senses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most widely-used, most complex, and most versatile synaesthetic icon?
2. Which is true of most written languages?
3. Which of the following is NOT an example of possible primitive art?
4. What is the most common type of combination where words and pictures go hand in hand to convey an idea that neither could convey alone?
5. Which of the following creators is often regarded as a pioneer or revolutionary whose art became the purpose?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)