|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Putting It All Together.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of combination uses words and pictures on separate courses with no intersection?
2. What genre cannot exist in comics?
(a) Epic poetry
(d) None of the above
3. What determines the duration of time and dimensions of space in a panel?
(a) The size
(b) The contents
(c) The shape
(d) The sequence
4. Whose work often evoked a world of depravity and morbid decay through dense puddles of ink and fraying linework?
(b) Jules Feiffer
(d) Jose Munoz
5. Pictures are ______ information. Writing is _______ information.
(a) perceived; perceived
(b) perceived; received
(c) received; perceived
(d) received; received
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author say is the father of modern comics?
2. "All that's needed is the desire to _____, the will to ______, and the ability to ______."
3. McCloud notes that we perceive the world as ______ through the experience of our senses, even though our senses can only reveal a _______ world.
4. Which of the following is true, according to historical evidence?
5. The author believes that the possibilities for comics are ________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)