|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Putting It All Together.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is typically the second most common type of transition in the most storytelling technique used in comics?
2. In a single image, what can you use to add words without introducing time?
(a) One-word reply
(b) Sound exclamations
(c) Dialogue bubbles
(d) Silent captions
3. Which of the following is NOT an American comic artist that uses the style of creating one set of lines to see and another to be?
(a) Jaime Hernandez
(b) Tom King
(c) Carl Barks
(d) Dave Sim and Derhard
4. The artificial starting point began with which comic?
(b) The Magic Mirror
(c) Tin Tin
(d) The Yellow Kid
5. Panel shapes affect which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Comic readers are conditioned by real life and other media to expect a _______ progression in comics.
2. Which French pianist devised the idea of three subtractive primaries?
3. Who observed that a non-visual awareness occurs when people interact with inanimate objects?
4. Who first observed that people growing up in the late 20th century wanted roles more than goals?
5. When McCloud refers to the word icon, to what is he referring?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)