|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, A Word about Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of magazine kept comics alive before the 20th century?
(a) British caricature
(b) American writing
(c) German cartoon
(d) French art
2. Which of the following activity does not grow out of basic human instincts?
(c) fight or flight
3. What does McCloud name the two bastions of cartoon art?
(a) Superhero and children's comics
(b) Underground and erotica comics
(c) Erotica and drama comics
(d) Underground and children's comics
4. Comics printing was superior on which continent?
(a) North America
5. Which of the following is NOT listed as a flat-color master?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does McCloud loosely define cartooning?
2. What combination has both words and pictures that send the same message?
3. What is the concept of uniting different art forms associated with different senses?
4. Who is the 44th comic artist listed in the triangle?
5. What kind of combination uses words and pictures on separate courses with no intersection?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)