|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blood in the Gutter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the screenfold of 8-Deer "Tiger's-Claw" that was discovered by Cortes around 1519?
(a) 36 inches
(b) 36 foot
(c) 36 yards
(d) 36 meters
2. What transition bypasses time and sets a wandering eye on different aspects of the same place, idea or mood?
3. Which of the following icons has a fixed and absolute meaning?
4. Which of the following is an assumption that comics artists make about the reader?
(a) They will like the story.
(b) They read the comics in one sitting.
(c) They read the panels in correct order.
(d) They have read previous stories in the series.
5. When reading comics, how many senses are used between panels?
Short Answer Questions
1. What symbol does the author use to demonstrate the universality of cartoon imagery?
2. Comic panels break up which of the following?
3. Who created "A Harlot's Progress," published in 1731?
4. What is the space between comic panels called?
5. What transition stays within a scene or idea and requires more closure from the reader in order to find the transition meaningful?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)