|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Blood in the Gutter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most common type of transition in the most storytelling technique used in comics?
2. What symbol does the author use to demonstrate the universality of cartoon imagery?
(a) Human face
(b) Peace sign
(c) American flag
(d) Stop sign
3. When and where did the author think comics originated?
(a) Tapestry detailing the Norman Conquest of England, in 1066
(b) Picture manuscript "discovered" by Cortes, around 1519
(c) Egyptian hieroglyphics, 32 centuries ago
(d) Has no idea
4. What type of magazine kept comics alive before the 20th century?
(a) German cartoon
(b) French art
(c) American writing
(d) British caricature
5. What is typically the second most common type of transition in the most storytelling technique used in comics?
Short Answer Questions
1. This effect of contrasting characters and backgrounds is used by which of the following?
2. What was the name of Max Ernst's surreal plate sequence?
3. Who is the 44th comic artist listed in the triangle?
4. What does McCloud call the "ultimate abstraction?"
5. What object is painted in "The Treachery of Images?"
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)