|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Living in Line.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose artwork incorporated mad lines to create crazy toddler?
(a) Carl Bark
(b) Chester Gould
(c) Krystine Kryttre
(d) R. Crumb
2. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of comics, as defined in Understanding Comics?
(a) In deliberate sequence
(b) Intended to convey information and/or produce an aesthetic response in the viewer
(d) Juxtaposed pictorial and other images
3. What is the space between comic panels called?
(a) The ditch
(b) The frame
(c) The gutter
(d) The jump
4. In comics, words represent that which can only exist in time, _______.
5. The author describes comics as a ______, or a medium which "can hold any number of ideas and images."
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from the central figure in an image, where else can emotion be depicted?
2. What was the name of Max Ernst's surreal plate sequence?
3. Who is the author of the book?
4. Who said, "Art does not reproduce the visible; rather it makes visible?"
5. How long is the tapestry detailing the Norman Conquest of England?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)