|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Living in Line.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Using the pictorial vocabulary pyramid, Mary Fleener's style is NOT typically comprised of ________.
(b) iconic content
(c) non-iconic content
2. Whose work often evoked a world of depravity and morbid decay through dense puddles of ink and fraying linework?
(a) Jose Munoz
(d) Jules Feiffer
3. What is typically the third most common type of transition in the most storytelling technique used in comics?
4. Comic panels break up which of the following?
(a) Sound and movement
(b) Space and consistency
(c) Time and sound
(d) Time and space
5. When reading comics, how many senses are used between panels?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first observed that people growing up in the late 20th century wanted roles more than goals?
2. Using the pictorial vocabulary pyramid, Herges' style is typically comprised of __________________.
3. Which of the following is true?
4. Which of the following is an assumption that comics artists make about the reader?
5. Using the example of driving to illustrate non-visual awareness, what is the likely response of the driver of the vehicle being struck if one car hits another?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)