|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Living in Line.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What determines the duration of time and dimensions of space in a panel?
(a) The shape
(b) The sequence
(c) The size
(d) The contents
2. Who first observed that people growing up in the late 20th century wanted roles more than goals?
(b) Stan Lee
(c) Dave McKean
(d) Sergio Argonnes
3. In comics, words represent that which can only exist in time, _______.
4. Aside from the central figure in an image, where else can emotion be depicted?
(a) Silent caption
5. How are Egyptian paintings read?
(b) Right to left
(c) Up to down
(d) Left to right
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides sound, which of the following can represent a span of time in a single panel ?
2. What drawing style did Jooste Swarte use to depict cool sophistication and irony?
3. Whose artwork incorporated mad lines to create crazy toddler?
4. Using the pictorial vocabulary pyramid, Herges' style is typically comprised of __________________.
5. Using the example of driving to illustrate non-visual awareness, what is the likely response of the driver of the vehicle being struck if one car hits another?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)